Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

New
Apr 23, 2:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Production company Kadokawa announced an anime adaptation of Hundred Burger's Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi (The Life of a Ninja and an Assassin) manga on Tuesday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is being produced by animation studio Shaft.

Hundred Burger began drawing the slice of life comedy manga in Comic Dengeki Daioh "g" in February 2021. Kadokawa published the third volume last July, with the fourth volume going on sale on Friday.

Synopsis
Satoko Kusagakure, a female ninja who left her village with her comrades, finds herself living with Konoha, a high school girl working as an assassin in the city. Satoko possesses the ability to transform objects using ninjutsu, which catches Konoha's attention. They strike a deal: Konoha provides Satoko with a place to live in exchange for Satoko's help in cleaning up after her assassination jobs.

As they face off against assassins sent by Satoko's village, indulge in delicious meals using money earned from assassination jobs, and navigate the chaos of their unusual living situation, the story captures the heartwarming yet chaotic lives of these two unlikely roommates.

Official site: https://ninkoro.jp/
Official X (Twitter): @ninkoro_anime

Source: Press Release

Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi on MAL
VindstotApr 23, 10:21 AM

Apr 23, 2:14 AM
Apr 2024
I don't think I've ever heard of this manga, but it seems it could be something very relaxing, funny, and cute.

MCs designs are also nice.
Apr 23, 2:20 AM

Aug 2015
Shaft hasn't adapted a manga since 3-gatsu s2. not counting 5-toubun. i'm excited for this!
Apr 23, 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
Gag comedy about the friendship of a high school girl and a ninja? With ninjas clans and comedic violence as a backdrop? I've already heard this somewhere.

Also, considering this is Dengeki Daoh, how gay is it? It seems that a very large portion of the original manga they publish in addition to their LN manga adaptations are yuri bait to one degree or another.
Apr 23, 3:36 AM

Apr 2021
Shaft! wow that's a surprise
Apr 23, 4:38 AM
Dec 2013
An anime with a cute ninja girl in it? Sign me up!
Apr 23, 5:13 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
Gag comedy about the friendship of a high school girl and a ninja? With ninjas clans and comedic violence as a backdrop? I've already heard this somewhere.

Also, considering this is Dengeki Daoh, how gay is it? It seems that a very large portion of the original manga they publish in addition to their LN manga adaptations are yuri bait to one degree or another.
RobertBobert said:

Ninin ga Shinobuden, Although this time the high school girl is also a killer, so it could also be Kill Me Baby. :) 10-10
Apr 23, 5:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Dranex752
RobertBobert said:

Ninin ga Shinobuden, Although this time the high school girl is also a killer, so it could also be Kill Me Baby. :) 10-10
@Dranex752 Yes, yes, thank you. I watched this anime in the 00s, but I almost forgot if it weren’t for the review I saw in the late 10s.
Apr 23, 6:45 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:

I took a look at the raw and there are 2 side characters who look pretty gay with each other. Some examples

Don't think this means you've won!
Apr 23, 6:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
what is the ratio of guys to girls?

please dont tell me the bad guys are all dudes

i need to know or i can't get hype
Apr 23, 7:17 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster

i need to know or i can't get hype
EcchiGodMamster said:

From what I seen so far the main cast are all girls. Guys do exist, but only as random background characters

EcchiGodMamster said:

Most of the time it's the daily life of the girls, not much action so far. For the bad guys only one appears so far and it's most likely a girl. There're only 2 volumes atm so I can't really tell anything

Note that I only took a quick look through raw and my Japanese is only at beginner level so I could be wrong

Edit: Correct some info
Avery20Apr 23, 7:38 AM
Apr 23, 7:54 AM

May 2021
is Shaft finally making a comeback?! hope so!!! never heard of this but id expect it to be decent ig
Apr 23, 7:55 AM

Nov 2008
It's no Kunoichi Tsubaki or Senran Kagura, but it's looking cute. I'll try it out.

Apr 23, 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Avery20
RobertBobert said:

I took a look at the raw and there are 2 side characters who look pretty gay with each other. Some examples

@Avery20 In my opinion, they are clearly drawn as token yuri girls. But otherwise it’s not even bait?

@EcchiGodMamster Lol dude you never change.
Apr 23, 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
Shaft?
I'm out.

Those are not the anime I like.

By the way, the OG creator name is suspiciously American.
Apr 23, 11:33 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to KryzakamiHrybami
Shaft?
I'm out.

@KryzakamiHrybami Most likely it's just for style, their social networks use katakana to write their names.
Apr 23, 11:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Avery20
EcchiGodMamster said:

From what I seen so far the main cast are all girls. Guys do exist, but only as random background characters

EcchiGodMamster said:

Most of the time it's the daily life of the girls, not much action so far. For the bad guys only one appears so far and it's most likely a girl. There're only 2 volumes atm so I can't really tell anything

Note that I only took a quick look through raw and my Japanese is only at beginner level so I could be wrong

Edit: Correct some info
@Avery20

wym its "most likely" a girl lol?

RobertBobert said:

I am a man who KNOWS what he likes lol
Apr 23, 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Avery20

RobertBobert said:

@EcchiGodMamster As you say, I just gave up arguing with you about this
Apr 23, 11:53 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@EcchiGodMamster As you say, I just gave up arguing with you about this
@RobertBobert

I'm not gonna change so theres no point... i want my female villains lol
Apr 23, 12:03 PM

Jan 2020
Hate to admit it even tho I'll watch this way after it's already finished
First show to grab my attention for the amount of time I check the news section daily
Apr 23, 12:29 PM

Nov 2018
slice of life Shaft kino incoming
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Apr 23, 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
>dark comedy
>shaft

I will be watching.
Apr 24, 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
In my personal opinion, absolutely nothing ruins girl's cuteness more than her being a cold blooded killer, which is why I was so reserved about Yor. I never considered someone dying as anything funny. I guess I will be reseveded about this one as well.

Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Avery20

RobertBobert said:

@EcchiGodMamster

EcchiGodMamster said:

I'll let you decide (the cloak one)

But I don't think she's the main villain. She'll probably come back later tho
Apr 24, 8:38 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Avery20 In my opinion, they are clearly drawn as token yuri girls. But otherwise it’s not even bait?

@RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:
In my opinion, they are clearly drawn as token yuri girls. But otherwise it’s not even bait?

The way they act is too like a couple. And most importantly, they are ROOMMATES and living together!

There's also a conversation at the short-haired girl's debut chapter, where the ninja girl said:

へ~ リーダは恋人の家で暮らしてるんですね! (Roughly translate: Heh~ So Leader is living at your girlfriend's house?)

which she replys:

そうなんだよ (Roughly translate: That's right), basicly a confirmation as I know

The word "恋人" (Lover) was brought up by the ninja girl several times during their conversations and she doesn't deny it
Apr 24, 8:43 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Avery20
@RobertBobert

RobertBobert said:
In my opinion, they are clearly drawn as token yuri girls. But otherwise it’s not even bait?

The way they act is too like a couple. And most importantly, they are ROOMMATES and living together!

There's also a conversation at the short-haired girl's debut chapter, where the ninja girl said:

へ~ リーダは恋人の家で暮らしてるんですね! (Roughly translate: Heh~ So Leader is living at your girlfriend's house?)

which she replys:

そうなんだよ (Roughly translate: That's right), basicly a confirmation as I know

The word "恋人" (Lover) was brought up by the ninja girl several times during their conversations and she doesn't deny it
@Avery20 If they are already a COUPLE, then they are clearly not roommates, or rather more than that. But I already directly called them token yuri girls, I’m just saying, the rest of the manga itself isn’t even bait?
Apr 24, 9:30 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Avery20 If they are already a COUPLE, then they are clearly not roommates, or rather more than that. But I already directly called them token yuri girls, I’m just saying, the rest of the manga itself isn’t even bait?
@RobertBobert

Oh sorry I got it wrong

For the main characters they don't seem to have much romantic development, but they have some moments tho. Right now I can't say its bait 'cuz it's too early to assume anything, it's more like a subtext
Apr 24, 9:57 AM
May 2019
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert Yeah but it's Shaft. I'll give them a pass any day of the week and see how it is.
Apr 24, 9:59 AM
May 2019
Reply to ryoko6
is Shaft finally making a comeback?! hope so!!! never heard of this but id expect it to be decent ig
@ryoko6 Their big come back will be in the Fall with Monogatari Off Season and Monster Season along with the Madoka Magica movie.
Apr 24, 10:01 AM
May 2019
Reply to KryzakamiHrybami
Shaft?
I'm out.

@KryzakamiHrybami Shaft is the best studio. Why would you be out? Lol
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Avery20
@RobertBobert

Oh sorry I got it wrong

For the main characters they don't seem to have much romantic development, but they have some moments tho. Right now I can't say its bait 'cuz it's too early to assume anything, it's more like a subtext
@Avery20 Well, thanks for the help. In that case, all I can do is see it for myself, instead of trying to ask you to retell every little detail :D

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 6 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
6 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
6 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.