Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 8:10 AM
Aug 2019
I know it's early to say for the first 2 episode but given how popular this manga is isn't the animation incredibly lacking?
Apr 21, 8:37 AM
Dec 2022
yeahhhhh the anime is complete garbage.
Apr 21, 9:07 AM
Aug 2022
IDK why nowadays everyone complains about the quality of animation, I means do you guys want to let some people work 15hrs a day and not get their desired payment by their respective companies even though they are trying to give their best efforts in making some scribble of texts into a meaningful animation, background, etc. A animation needs a lot of effort than anything, even there is an anime out there about animators struggles, can't we even appreciate the work and hardships they put through?
They also have family, a life just like us, but this gen z and gen alphas are like babbling about other's work and efforts, and out there judging them on a critical yet peculiar basis of 'bad animation' even though as a CSE student I find this show's animation is better than most the 7 rated animes.
Just watch the anime, understand it's meaning( if anything it's trying to tell us) and enjoy it.
Why complaint? Why criticize someone's hardwork?
Put yourself in their shoes and think how you would have felt after seeing this kind of comments.
That's why most of the animes don't even get a season 2, because most producers are afraid of they can meet up our thirsty expectations.
Apr 21, 9:14 AM
Jun 2021
YOUR MOM IS INCREDIBLY LACKING! (Yes I know what you’re going to say to this no need to mention maturity. How bout you grow down and then I’ll consider growing up)
Apr 21, 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
Antisocial-Weeb said:

Mhh... because it's bad ? It's not because it's hard to do good job that it excuse it being done wrong, especially as it's a professional product they are selling.
The Animation is not the worst, tho. In my opinion, the character designs and numerous scenes cuts are more concerning.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 21, 9:38 AM
May 2021
Personally I didn't find anything lacking in the animation, what was that you didn't like, there was only 1 monster fight till now and a boss fight before that, so....
Apr 21, 9:46 AM
May 2021
AniPeo said:
I know it's early to say for the first 2 episode but given how popular this manga is isn't the animation incredibly lacking?

Ya action scenes are really stiff and short. They are lacking budget for it
Apr 21, 9:47 AM
Nov 2018
I feel like this complaint just gets copied and pasted to almost on every anime thread. There's at least one person who doesn't like the animation on every anime and feels the need to share it.
Apr 21, 10:24 AM
Aug 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Antisocial-Weeb said:

Mhh... because it's bad ? It's not because it's hard to do good job that it excuse it being done wrong, especially as it's a professional product they are selling.
The Animation is not the worst, tho. In my opinion, the character designs and numerous scenes cuts are more concerning.

That's just half assessed judgement bro, yes I also admit that the animation is not top tier like WB or Marvel Studios but still, animating is a hard process, you can't copy exact physics into a 2D animation like some engines out there.
Working with mouse , keyboard, touchpad, drawing pads, simulator deck etc. is hard for a human.
In fact I'm happy that a studio is not exploiting their workers just for better animation.
Apr 21, 10:40 AM
Dec 2022
it just 2 episodes, i didn't want to say anything, but after this idiotic complaints i can't stop myself.
i think for the copy paste story animes like this with little changes. it's the best animation it can get. I've seen 2 eps and, their is nothing so over the top, any thing so special, every thing is pretty average, and just like the story the animation too. why crying over it. in every post about every anime.

any way most people watch in 480p or 720p to notice the difference. they are only few people who watch it with the highest quality. in that most people have no complaints about it, expect the very very few like you ppl. and even if the animation ware to be a bit better, that wouldn't change any of my opinion about the story of the anime.

and the world has more thing to deal with, than some freaky overreacting fan, for little details.
Yeshaiah2015yeshApr 21, 10:53 AM
Apr 21, 1:51 PM
Aug 2018
Wait so why are we harping on people with complaints? I don't care if the animation is bad and it is, but if it's bad, I'd like that effort to go somewhere else in the show. Unfortunately, I can't find that effort anywhere. Since when are people not allowed to voice their questions, concerns, or complaints? There are some shows that are delayed for months or years, just give your team more time to not put out something so lackluster. Sounds like some of us are fine with every show being awful or okay at best.
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
and the world has more thing to deal with, than some freaky overreacting fan, for little details.

I really didn't realize that it was on anime/animators to deal with the problems in the world. Thanks for letting us know. I really thought other people had jobs involving those problems and that animators were just putting out anime and living their lives. Maybe that's why change is so slow? Our governments are waiting on the animators to start fixing things for them. I thought the world had better things to do than worry about these little details? How do you have time to complain about someone else complaining on a single thread, on a single show, on a single website? Sounds like you might be overreacting...
Apr 22, 7:54 AM
Jan 2015
Previously, I judged the merits of an anime on a mix of production value, character and writing. But nowadays, I consider the first two a luxury.

If an anime can have very solid writing, I would view it much higher than anything I previously watched that excelled on all other fronts besides the story. It is the core part of the enjoyment of anime.

If animation is the only good part, watch highlight clips. If it is the music, find the OST. If the narrative is interesting? Then you can say it is time to watch the show.
Apr 22, 11:29 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Notshane
Previously, I judged the merits of an anime on a mix of production value, character and writing. But nowadays, I consider the first two a luxury.

If an anime can have very solid writing, I would view it much higher than anything I previously watched that excelled on all other fronts besides the story. It is the core part of the enjoyment of anime.

If animation is the only good part, watch highlight clips. If it is the music, find the OST. If the narrative is interesting? Then you can say it is time to watch the show.
@Notshane I'm sure you enjoy shows where all three are great the most. I sure am glad my car runs, but I'd be much happier in a Maserati. And that's beside the point. Have you read the source material for this anime? I haven't read it all, but I've read a decent amount and can say that I don't like much with this one. Never thought the story was all that deep or that the characters were all that great, but they don't even live up to that.
Apr 29, 7:54 AM
Jan 2015
MastaJiggyWiggy said:
@Notshane I'm sure you enjoy shows where all three are great the most. I sure am glad my car runs, but I'd be much happier in a Maserati. And that's beside the point. Have you read the source material for this anime? I haven't read it all, but I've read a decent amount and can say that I don't like much with this one. Never thought the story was all that deep or that the characters were all that great, but they don't even live up to that.

Hence why I said they're luxuries. I certainly would enjoy seeing more of them. But every person has a different take on what define the necessities of a product.
Apr 30, 1:16 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Notshane
MastaJiggyWiggy said:

Hence why I said they're luxuries. I certainly would enjoy seeing more of them. But every person has a different take on what define the necessities of a product.
Notshane said:

True. Everyone will have a different opinion on what the necessities of any product are, I agree completely. But if your product is inferior to another, no one will buy it. This show is being put out at minimal standards compared to anything else, which is fine, but people are allowed to complain about a poor product and not buy/consume that product. That's how/why some companies improve their products. The anime itself is a luxury that many LNs/manga won't get, so I don't understand why you'd want a bunch of low effort products.
May 6, 2:58 AM

May 2007
I saw clips of the show on YT, it looks janky as hell and just looks cheap.
May 13, 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Antisocial-Weeb
IDK why nowadays everyone complains about the quality of animation, I means do you guys want to let some people work 15hrs a day and not get their desired payment by their respective companies even though they are trying to give their best efforts in making some scribble of texts into a meaningful animation, background, etc. A animation needs a lot of effort than anything, even there is an anime out there about animators struggles, can't we even appreciate the work and hardships they put through?
They also have family, a life just like us, but this gen z and gen alphas are like babbling about other's work and efforts, and out there judging them on a critical yet peculiar basis of 'bad animation' even though as a CSE student I find this show's animation is better than most the 7 rated animes.
Just watch the anime, understand it's meaning( if anything it's trying to tell us) and enjoy it.
Put yourself in their shoes and think how you would have felt after seeing this kind of comments.
That's why most of the animes don't even get a season 2, because most producers are afraid of they can meet up our thirsty expectations.
Antisocial-Weeb said:

I would be fine if I would get critisized for my bad work. And this work IS bad. It clearly looks like all the corners were cut to make animation cheaper, so more profit can be had. Don't jump to defend corporations who want your money, demand a good product that is worthy of your time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

25 by gophercg »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

29 by DarrenRice »»
Today, 12:41 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

27 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20

25 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:22 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

101 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.