Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 21, 10:36 AM

Feb 2023
Seems to be moving along at a good pace
Apr 21, 10:38 AM
Oct 2010
... welp, that's a drop. Not for the show itself, mind you, it's perfectly serviceable for the genre.

However! Rather than letting a show annoy the hell out of me for an entire season I'm going to nope out at the earliest sign that it has one of 'those' translators putting 'creative flourishes' into the script.

Look, I get it, translating from one language to another is hard, especially when the societies involved are quite different and the phrases themselves are rather nebulous, but some of the choices being made here are just...

haaiiiii! turning into 'roger dodger'?!? Who the bloody hell even uses a phrase like that anymore? It's like an 80 year old trying to translate something that one of those hip youngsters today might say ffs! (And yes, it IS that old, the first I ran across it was in watching old WWII movies!)

itadakimasu! turning into 'A feast fit for a queen'.... Now I've seen some interesting choices for this one, but they at least all agree that the term is intended to express appreciation for the meal presented, rather than whatever the hell that's supposed to imply.

And those are just the surface level examples!

Bah, enough rant, time to go check out the source instead.
Apr 21, 11:26 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Phantom_373
@uncleqrow I feel like you shouldn't judge considering its only in the second episode so far. but the music side is very prominent in this show its were most the drama heavy stuff in this show comes from, But it is still a romance after all.
@Phantom_373 The music side is very prominent IN THE MANGA. Which is exactly why I'm very concerned, since the music performance in EP 1 is rather mediocre. But there will be more and more musical performances in the future, esp. after Lorelei's intro. If they can't make the musical performances better, the entire show, which will be heavily musical, is going to flop.

But at least, yuri-content-wise, at least the studio did them right.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 21, 11:30 AM
Aug 2022
uncleqrow said:
@Phantom_373 The music side is very prominent IN THE MANGA. Which is exactly why I'm very concerned, since the music performance in EP 1 is rather mediocre. But there will be more and more musical performances in the future, esp. after Lorelei's intro. If they can't make the musical performances better, the entire show, which will be heavily musical, is going to flop.

But at least, yuri-content-wise, at least the studio did them right.

That’s what I’m saying though, personally I don’t see how the performance in ep 1 was bad in any way. I guess it was short but that’s my only problem.

The point is give the anime time. It’s most likely gonna end at the end of volume 6. So that should give time for more of the music side to come to light.

But remember this isn’t something like sound euphonium or girls band cry were it’s only music based. Whisper is heavily a romance too.
Apr 21, 1:50 PM
Feb 2023
Guys I'm getting more confused when a new episode comes... Like I understood the main idea but i can't get why Yori's friends are just casually talking about her falling in love with a girl. May a manga reader inform me please? Is there another part of the past that will be revealed in further episodes?
Apr 21, 3:54 PM

Jul 2016
So much fluff omfg >.<

Another lovely episode. We got a date and, to my surprise, a proper confession that apparently cleared up any misunderstanding from last episode.
Lots of development in just two episodes, which I really appreciate. Now it's time to see how drama is being dealt with in this work.
Apr 21, 4:16 PM

Aug 2022
Himari and Yori start chatting on the rooftop after school. And the distance between them gradually grew closer.

Meanwhile, Himari finds out that Yori likes cats and asks her to go with her to a cat gear event that will be held at the weekend. Very cute episode.

Apr 21, 4:33 PM
Nov 2023
Ishitateso said:
@ZeStark Don't expect much from these kind of shows, these are not only cartoonish in their appearence but in their characters and depiction of love as well. They serve for a light dish, are about telling fluffy, cute, simplified love stories with dense and cardboard like protagomist and rarely go for something more profund. I am one of those guys who love GL but anime could barely scrach the itch for it. Actually the same thing can be said about hetero anime romance as well, just check out for example "The Condition called love" in this season and you will see the same symptoms.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't be entertaining, you just have to change your expactations, lower the bar and consume them as a sweet piece of candy as they are intended to be.

I watched a condition called love first episode and it was painful to get through so I won't continue it, this one has some promising aspects so I'll continue, I just heard that this anime is the best Yuri so I assumed there would be more mature themes and also is everyone in this anime bisexual or something ? why aren't there any doubts or thoughts about them being lesbian ?
Apr 21, 5:11 PM

May 2015
Yori is cool, respect to her for cutting on the misunderstanding and clearing things up with an actual confession. Himari's attitude on the other hand is a bit grating. For someone who doesn't know what love actually is she surely throws the words around way too easily.

Aki is harbouring secret feelings for Yori... ouch, this is going to be painful, is it? Kinda makes me want to root for her, all things considered.
Apr 21, 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
: | aw man now I hope Aki doesn't suffer, or that there is some really bad drama and she ends up as a villain, she was my favorite character of the show at first sight.
Apr 21, 6:02 PM
Sep 2020
thelastavocado said:
Guys I'm getting more confused when a new episode comes... Like I understood the main idea but i can't get why Yori's friends are just casually talking about her falling in love with a girl. May a manga reader inform me please? Is there another part of the past that will be revealed in further episodes?

1. "girls talk" (ie talking about love/crushes) in an all girls school. 2. they want her to write love song lyrics for them, and one of her excuses is "I have no interest or experience with love. 3. she just got enthusiastically confessed to by a girl, and told them that she thinks she has feelings/fell for her. 4. if you mean "falling in love with a girl is atypical"... sure, but that's the show
Apr 21, 6:19 PM
Sep 2020
ZeStark said:
Ishitateso said:
@ZeStark Don't expect much from these kind of shows, these are not only cartoonish in their appearence but in their characters and depiction of love as well. They serve for a light dish, are about telling fluffy, cute, simplified love stories with dense and cardboard like protagomist and rarely go for something more profund. I am one of those guys who love GL but anime could barely scrach the itch for it. Actually the same thing can be said about hetero anime romance as well, just check out for example "The Condition called love" in this season and you will see the same symptoms.

That doesn't mean that they couldn't be entertaining, you just have to change your expactations, lower the bar and consume them as a sweet piece of candy as they are intended to be.

I watched a condition called love first episode and it was painful to get through so I won't continue it, this one has some promising aspects so I'll continue, I just heard that this anime is the best Yuri so I assumed there would be more mature themes and also is everyone in this anime bisexual or something ? why aren't there any doubts or thoughts about them being lesbian ?

there literally hasn't been a single male character even referenced in the manga so far. That's just how the setting goes. There's 2 couples so far. If anyone's bi or straight, we've yet to find out.

-----

I wanna spoiler tag something about Aki. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to do that on mobile? (I'm new to comments on MAL in general)
Apr 21, 6:49 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to akatsukinoluna
ZeStark said:
Ishitateso said:

there literally hasn't been a single male character even referenced in the manga so far. That's just how the setting goes. There's 2 couples so far. If anyone's bi or straight, we've yet to find out.

-----

I wanna spoiler tag something about Aki. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to do that on mobile? (I'm new to comments on MAL in general)
@akatsukinoluna Just use spoiler tag. Example:

[spoiler="ASDF QWERTY"]asdfgh[/spoiler]

results in:

This way, you can just write your questions like this:

Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 21, 7:05 PM
Nov 2023
akatsukinoluna said:
ZeStark said:

-----

yes I know that this is how the setting goes but to be a good Yuri anime then at least have any themes talking about being lesbian, or even at least mention it ONCE, is everyone in the anime lesbian by default or smth ?
Apr 21, 7:21 PM
Sep 2020
@uncleqrow thx

As an aside, I'm surprised ppl keep comparing the characters to Oregairu. if anything they seem much more akin to Bloom Into You, which Sasakoi seems to take some light inspiration from (tho they're very different characters and stories)
Apr 21, 8:20 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to ZeStark
akatsukinoluna said:
ZeStark said:

-----

yes I know that this is how the setting goes but to be a good Yuri anime then at least have any themes talking about being lesbian, or even at least mention it ONCE, is everyone in the anime lesbian by default or smth ?
@ZeStark in this anime you won't find any of the things you mention, it's just a typical teenage romance that tries to be cute.

If you want the characters to talk openly about being lesbian and other orientations you have to read "I'm in Love with the Villainess".
Apr 21, 8:24 PM
Aug 2022
KanameYuuki said:
: | aw man now I hope Aki doesn't suffer, or that there is some really bad drama and she ends up as a villain, she was my favorite character of the show at first sight.

*cough* *cough* *cough* ….
Apr 22, 1:15 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
FFS, why does seemingly every fucking second romance has that "best friend in love with the MC, now here's some unrequited melodrama in this otherwise cute little anime" nonsense? I had my suspicions in the first episode, almost all but confirmed in the second. So over it, can these authors think of nothing else?

I need to watch more comradery and bromance anime, ones that showcase great platonic friendship, that balances out this annoying crap.
@GakutoDeathGlare chill, bro. As a manga reader, I can't wait for next episodes, they are gonna be good.
I like Yori's style, Himari's cuteness and Aki's character.
Apr 22, 4:03 AM

Mar 2024
Yuri is life, Yuri is power, Yuri rules the world!

All girls in this anime are so cute kawaiiii.

I love the main girls, but the blonde girl also looks interesting.
Apr 22, 9:29 AM
Apr 2017
Very sweet 💖 I can't stop smiling

🐈 KinoYori 🐈‍⬛
Apr 22, 5:36 PM

Mar 2024
I like this episode it's a very cute episode. Minor spoilers for the manga but
owner of 5 million comedically small 1$ pianos
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Jul 2017
One more song is not enough for Himari, she always wants to keep on hearing Yori's voice.

Himari going stalking around the 3rd Years class, only to be met by Miki's 3rd-Year older sister Aki Mizuguchi looking for Yori. The band's bassist literally bringing them closer to exchange contacts, which Yori, having not fallen in love before, realizes feelings that she is embarrassed to put forth. And they share the same love for cats, of which Himari's pet is the American Shorthair Marota, so that's an inkling. As to furthering that conversation, Himari wanting to take Yori onto a date with her, the latter's definitely overthinking the romance through.

Yori getting a call from Aki about her songwriting, and a date it is..with street clothes that look rather fluffy and nice to hang out with. But things like sharing food from the same cutlery, it's eerily lovey-dovey embarrassing that Yori could die from embarrassment, and they're already holding hands from the fact that Himari gets lost easily. Even though the semblance of Yori singing and playing her guitar is the admonishment of Himari's love for her, she just wants to hear her sing. And in the same way, Yori also wants to embrace her with a serious tone, that causes Himari to really think things through with her feelings.

Love from different angles, how wold Himari navigate through what it means to love, more than just a fan?
Apr 24, 3:15 PM
Apr 2020
I like how fast this is actually going tbh, I usually find misunderstandings funny and stuff buut I also love it when the MC are straightforwards.
Apr 24, 4:01 PM
Jan 2017
I'm not sure if this is an anime. Ep-1 Declaration of love is misunderstood. Ep-2 Both persons are on cloud nine about the other. On the first date, misunderstanding is cleared up.
But Himari is now full of doubt, "Yori-senpai LOVES me?! But she's a girl too!" Oh no! what will happen with our gender crossed lovers?
Apr 25, 8:18 AM
May 2021
That was soo cuute
Apr 25, 9:25 AM
Nov 2022
Very nice episode, Yori confessed directly to the second episode, authentic cinema 🚬.

I didn't expect that the blonde girl was also in love with Yori, is there a love triangle coming? ._.
Apr 25, 3:14 PM
Aug 2013
Not into the whole "love at first sight" thing, since we don't really get to see what they're connecting over besides "cute" and "nice voice". They're sweet and all, but I hope we're going to learn more about the characters and see what kind of people they are and how they fit together beyond surface level pleasantries.
Apr 25, 8:56 PM

Oct 2022
That was one unexpected confession but I'm absolutely loving this anime
Apr 25, 10:55 PM

Nov 2022
Actual development on the second episode, who would've thought. Cute anime though and the "love triangle" cliche was spotted a mile away.
Apr 26, 12:56 AM
May 2021
Embient said:
Btw Yori stepped in for the performance because the band's guitarist-vocalist quit, right? I wonder if we'll actually see them.
Confession in episode 2, nice.
So Aki is/was in love with Yori too, damn. Hope there won't be too much drama (or that it won't be annoying at least).

I read the manga and, with no spoiler, the story will go on with no cliché, but I don't want to spoiler it!
Keep watching it. Aki is a good character imo 💭
Apr 26, 4:14 AM

Apr 2012
One day maybe................................................
Apr 26, 8:02 AM

Jan 2021
What is this... what is this... this is too much!! The cuteness is too much!! AHHHH I can't stop smiling like crazy T___T ♡

Yori typing that long reply for two (maybe even more) times is so real lol that's what happens every time we want to reply to a message from our crush :3

"five hundred million times cooler" hahahah x'D I agree! Yori is so cool~ but Himari is also so cute and pretty ><

I'm so in love with this episode. Their date was too adorable. If cuteness was a crime then they would've been jailed for life.

Apr 26, 10:38 AM
Apr 2024
peak, masterpiece, best yuri
Apr 27, 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to Tarrian
... welp, that's a drop. Not for the show itself, mind you, it's perfectly serviceable for the genre.

However! Rather than letting a show annoy the hell out of me for an entire season I'm going to nope out at the earliest sign that it has one of 'those' translators putting 'creative flourishes' into the script.

Look, I get it, translating from one language to another is hard, especially when the societies involved are quite different and the phrases themselves are rather nebulous, but some of the choices being made here are just...

haaiiiii! turning into 'roger dodger'?!? Who the bloody hell even uses a phrase like that anymore? It's like an 80 year old trying to translate something that one of those hip youngsters today might say ffs! (And yes, it IS that old, the first I ran across it was in watching old WWII movies!)

itadakimasu! turning into 'A feast fit for a queen'.... Now I've seen some interesting choices for this one, but they at least all agree that the term is intended to express appreciation for the meal presented, rather than whatever the hell that's supposed to imply.

And those are just the surface level examples!

Bah, enough rant, time to go check out the source instead.
@Tarrian the translation is generally abysmal if you think more about the script. "Roger dodger" for "okay" and "A feast fit for a queen" for "itadakimasu" is just the tip of the iceberg of localization stupidity here.
As expected by Nathaniel THRASHER. The worst clown of Hidive translators next to Katrina.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 30, 4:42 PM

Nov 2013
Himari might be the cutest girl this season, DAMN she is way too kawaii
while Yori sure looks cool with her height, clothes, and being in a band lol

this episode, a date, handholding, headpatting, the "say aah" feeding, shopping, confession and etc, what a nice time together

lastly, Yori decided it's time to confess, it might have been too fast not gonna lie
Himari is slightly confused, but we all know that, even if she didn't accept the love feelings, she would still hang out on the rooftop like before lol

seems like the other girl is also in love with Yori, hopefully she doesn't do anything stupid, i just wanna enjoy watching our 2 main girls spending time
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 1, 3:51 AM
Oct 2020
i feel like the plot is kinda fast but the way they bring it make it doesn't matter, it's full of sweet
May 3, 6:01 PM

Oct 2022
That's an improvement. Yori is pretty convincingly more mature and womanly and Himari is too adorable. The girls are sweet to each other so it's nice to watch. I think blondie likes Yori too yea.
May 5, 10:00 AM

Jan 2022
The headpat was so cute ahhhhh!

Rodger dodger...💀

Just thinking about how Himari was down bad for Yori and then Aki immediately said it afterwards lmaooo

Yori = black cat gf

Himari = golden retriever gf

Damn Himari's friend's sister also has a crush on Yori :(

This anime makes me feel so giddy omg
This never updates so that's cool
May 9, 7:54 PM
Feb 2024
hermoso simplemente hermoso
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

70 by yozora82 »»
Yesterday, 12:22 PM

» Poorly Animated

negatives - May 3

28 by Rosenfla »»
Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 11

38 by Rosenfla »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

66 by qtsruna_chan »»
May 9, 1:28 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

14 by Jcmixer27 »»
May 7, 1:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.