Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
That Wilhelm guy gives off bad vibes just looking at him...

Shin managed to keep his cool so props to him. Still feels like a boring episode imo. The chemistry between Shin and Tiera looks blend while there's little excitement about the town he is. Wilheim has more interest with his character introduction than either of the main leads. On the plus side, at least Shin isn't some weak protagonist.
Apr 20, 11:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
where are there SOOOOOO MANY names starting with

Cili

Syli

Cele

Sele

AND names ending in

ia

in fantasy anime lol?

are they just as lazy when they name certain side females? or is it based on the part of Europe that the fantasy genre is generally based on?
EcchiGodMamsterApr 20, 11:12 AM
Apr 20, 11:21 AM
Sep 2015
The vampire guy is sexy.
Apr 20, 12:47 PM
Sep 2016
This looks REALLY cheap! This is 2024, yet the animation looks even worse than 2015.... That's an achievement actually....

Wilhelm, what did they did to you, buddy? You look so much cooler in the LN... Why you gay in the anime?

Finally, best waifu in the series, Schnee!!!
(You may argue for Tierra or Marino, but I barely know Marino since I haven't read that far into the LN yet)
uncleqrowApr 20, 12:54 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 20, 12:49 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to phantomfandom
The vampire guy is sexy.
@phantomfandom Remember the different races? Elf, Dwarf, Beast-kin, Dragnil, Human, Pixie, and Lord? Wilhelm is a Lord. Lord is pretty much New Gate's equivalent of Majin/Demon-kin in other isekai.
Apr 20, 1:33 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to uncleqrow
This looks REALLY cheap! This is 2024, yet the animation looks even worse than 2015.... That's an achievement actually....

Wilhelm, what did they did to you, buddy? You look so much cooler in the LN... Why you gay in the anime?

(You may argue for Tierra or Marino, but I barely know Marino since I haven't read that far into the LN yet)
@uncleqrow pre-2015 anime, famously known for *check notes* bad... animation
Apr 20, 3:03 PM

Feb 2008
The quality should already been expected since the first episode but at least it is a bit better than first episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 20, 3:03 PM

Nov 2009
Elementail is a top tier monster [SHOCKED FACE]

But... didn't he just mention one of the material for the sword he made for his supporter... Elementail?... why so shocked? lol

Especially with how he was acting from the "power-level" of things weren't that "impressive".

Maybe MC actually caught up really fast with the current world setting, where things have degraded and things he thought was the norm is now legends.

(which is kinda interesting, compared to a certain other airing series where a businessman has a smooth brain)

Being true to it's origin maybe? (aka, source said this series was from the 2013s)

As for vampire dude... LOOOOL, I actually didn't think he looked gay... but I think it's due to his pale skin and skinny body. (aka, he isn't the macho manly physique)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 20, 4:22 PM

Jan 2016
Get this man a friend ASAP so he can stop talking to himself all the time, please I'm begging!
ToplebellApr 20, 4:26 PM
Apr 20, 7:14 PM

Mar 2019
With this current pacing, the show will probably end at... nevermind.
Apr 20, 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
Okay, the animation was quite average at best. Even the opening song's animation was just average with an above average quality song, but the ED's animation was better animated.

Anyway, I'd call this 2nd episode better in terms of world building than the 1st episode.
But it's still not the decent quality I was hoping for to justify its adaptation.
They need to do better, because currently, I'm pissed with the current quality.

uncleqrow said:

It's not an achievement, it's actually an ongoing problem of anime animation these past years.

Toplebell said:
Get this man a friend ASAP so he can stop talking to himself all the time, please I'm begging

Even those who have friends talk to themselves more often than not. 😳
CrazyButNot4UApr 20, 8:14 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 20, 10:26 PM
Jun 2023
Above average anime, i will watch this one, good one time show
Apr 20, 10:53 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to amlg
Elementail is a top tier monster [SHOCKED FACE]

But... didn't he just mention one of the material for the sword he made for his supporter... Elementail?... why so shocked? lol

Especially with how he was acting from the "power-level" of things weren't that "impressive".

Maybe MC actually caught up really fast with the current world setting, where things have degraded and things he thought was the norm is now legends.

(which is kinda interesting, compared to a certain other airing series where a businessman has a smooth brain)

Being true to it's origin maybe? (aka, source said this series was from the 2013s)

As for vampire dude... LOOOOL, I actually didn't think he looked gay... but I think it's due to his pale skin and skinny body. (aka, he isn't the macho manly physique)
@amlg Wilhelm's not a vamp, it's the anime's fault that Wilhelm looks like Edward Cullen. In the LN (and manga, maybe?) he was so much cooler. Wilhelm is a Lord, New Gate's equivalent of Majin/Demon-kin race in other isekai.
Apr 20, 11:04 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Fearfesse
@uncleqrow pre-2015 anime, famously known for *check notes* bad... animation
@Fearfesse I mean, you only need to look at the entire 1st scene with Rione in this EP, the characters are all still images, with only the mouth moving. Cardcaptor Sakura from f*king 1998 was so much more expressive than this abomination! Those kind of animation quality is from the 80s, maybe even 70s!

The budget for this anime seems to be like playing limbo: "How low can you go."
Apr 20, 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
The MC can just beat everyone huh?

No stakes in this show at all, and yeah it does look cheap.
Apr 20, 11:43 PM

Nov 2009
Wilhelm's not a vamp, it's the anime's fault that Wilhelm looks like Edward Cullen. In the LN (and manga, maybe?) he was so much cooler. Wilhelm is a Lord, New Gate's equivalent of Majin/Demon-kin race in other isekai

LOOOL

I know, I was just going off the in-anime reference the guy called himself, as a "vampire" LOL

Thanks for the racial/ class tho, since I didn't look into the anime/ manga of this series, and all we saw was class titles from MC thinking.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 21, 4:13 AM
Sep 2021
Shinya is learning more about this new world he is in & meets new & old familiar characters as well.
Apr 21, 5:43 AM
Oct 2022
I was worried at the very start of episode 1 at how different the vibe was for me with his battle against origin compared to the manga but they righted the ship pretty quickly. This episode however was great and with SO MANY awesome events upcoming I think this anime will be another of peoples favs by the end of the season. With our boy now picking up his Foxey companion (see what I did there 😂) things are heating up. Next episode should really a good one. This overall anime season doesn’t have the number of decent shows as last season but it has just as many if not more good to great shows with this one being in that list. As many others have posted in different threads here lately it truly does seem that all the good stories I’ve read over the past couple years are becoming anime and I couldn’t be happier 🥰
Apr 21, 5:45 AM
Oct 2022
uncleqrow said:

You hit the nail on the head here.. he reminds me of a rejected “Blades of Glory” figure skating stuntman who got fired for drinking then sexually harassing the males skaters.. poor Will.. 🤣
Apr 22, 7:20 AM
Mar 2020
Pulling for the Shin-Schnee reunion to happen soon.
Apr 22, 8:16 AM

Jul 2017
Sou's OP is just decent and nothing special.

Shin's actions definitely raised some alarms about the Skullface Jack which he defeated, alongside the gem which he retrieved. But the levels of the Skullface definitely were not what Celica and Els expected Shin to defeat, much less the person who's sitting next to him: Wilhelm the "Vampire" Avis. Learning more about the history of Bayrelicht, Shin finds some similarities, but that's literally it. With the reports coming in about the Skullface Jack that Shin defeated, as well as the sword that came flying into the kingdom, it's definitely related, but that secret is kept under a tight lip. With tiger beastkin Mille secretly telling Shin to save a fox in the woods, he might as well do it while waiting for Schnee, same as well with the Blue Moon sword that she used to use.

Into the Northern Woods Shin goes to save a fox, and him finding a fox shrine where said fox has been cursed and poisoned, healing it and taking care of the undead, as well as its high-level guardian spirits, it's all a piece of cake for Shin. Him earning the rare Elementail, it's one clue of how he could return back home.

A slow burn, but baby steps to see the return.
Apr 23, 2:00 AM

Jun 2010
Wilhelm are you Lancer? Similar design and in blue. Show is pretty mid, but watchable I suppose. Could use more than 1 swipe dead animations.

Apr 23, 9:03 PM
Mar 2012
so many receptionists. lol Lancer Wilhelm looks rugged overworked, still kind helping orphans.
Shin weird but easygoing mc's nice, tho pacing a bit too 'easygoing'
golem foxes kinda cool. cute elementail. nice ED.
Apr 27, 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
Getting better, but I feel like the lad isn't OP enough.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 10:35 PM

Feb 2019
what a cute little fox he got there. i wonder how he's gonna explain that elementail he just got lol
Yesterday, 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
That fox really cute :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

25 by gophercg »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

29 by DarrenRice »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

27 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

101 by YudiYusantoS »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM

» Disappointing animation?

AniPeo - Apr 21

16 by slavemaster_1991 »»
May 13, 7:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.