Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 17, 12:26 AM

Nov 2021
I was just wondering about the life span of holo, she is a wolf deity, her lifespan is longer than that of a human, but it's not specified exactly much longer. Would she live another 100 years given that she has already lived for centuries. I mean to say how much time she stillw has even after Lawrence's death??
If any light novel reader or anyone knows ab8 it kindly post on this forum .....

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Apr 17, 12:49 AM
May 2023
isn't it mentioned quite often how as long as she has her wheat, she will live?
hard to believe you missed that when it's mentioned at least 4 times during the original show 😭
Apr 17, 1:17 AM

Sep 2016
As long as people believe in her.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 17, 4:59 AM
Jul 2020
holo-simp said:
hard to believe you missed that when it's mentioned at least 4 times during the original show 😭

Her wheat means she will stay in that vicinity of the wheat. Otherwise she jumps to another bundle of wheat nearest to her. jt doesn't tie in to her living.
Apr 17, 5:22 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
@holo-simp iT'S AMAZING WHEN YOUR USERNAME IS @holo-simp BUT YOU STILL GOT THE INFORMATION WRONG. It was stated that as long as she was around, the wheat would not wither or get spoiled, genius.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 17, 5:25 AM
May 2023
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp iT'S AMAZING WHEN YOUR USERNAME IS @holo-simp BUT YOU STILL GOT THE INFORMATION WRONG. It was stated that as long as she was around, the wheat would not wither or get spoiled, genius.

a. it's a running gag
b. doesn't make me a genius in this topic
c. it's also said that she herself has to be around the wheat as she "lives" in the wheat. she has to be around the wheat, therefore when the wheat is destroyed and she has nowhere else to go, she will probably die. it's not confirmed but it's we can infer.
I've worded it wrong but my reworded point still stands, genius
Apr 17, 5:25 AM
May 2023
Azri3l said:
holo-simp said:

Her wheat means she will stay in that vicinity of the wheat. Otherwise she jumps to another bundle of wheat nearest to her. jt doesn't tie in to her living.

read the above message ^^
I think if there are no wheat nearby she will just die no? I'm not too sure. I just worded my answer wrong , I meant to say she lives in the wheat not she will live as long as the wheat is near.
Apr 17, 5:27 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:

a. it's a running gag
b. doesn't make me a genius in this topic
c. it's also said that she herself has to be around the wheat as she "lives" in the wheat. she has to be around the wheat, therefore when the wheat is destroyed and she has nowhere else to go, she will probably die. it's not confirmed but it's we can infer.
I've worded it wrong but my reworded point still stands, genius
@holo-simp Then how could you excuse yourself when her place of birth is deep in the Northern forest where there was no inhabitant? Genius @holo-simp!
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 17, 5:27 AM
May 2023
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp Then how could you excuse when her place of birth is deep in the Northern forest where there was no inhabitant? Genius!

wheat is not only grown by humans 💀
shit can grow naturally, genius.
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Feb 2023
The wheat is her source of life. and as long as people believe in her she lives,
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp Then how could you excuse when her place of birth is deep in the Northern forest where there was no inhabitant? Genius!

wheat is not only grown by humans 💀
shit can grow naturally, genius.
@holo-simp yeah, shit can grow naturally as long as it's in your head, I see.

Apr 17, 5:29 AM
May 2023
SgtBateMan said:

https://spiceandwolf.fandom.com/wiki/Holo
unlucky lil bro.
Apr 17, 5:31 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:

unlucky lil bro.
@holo-simp I suspect your capability of reading. It's stated that 'the wheat she dwells in", but as far as I can remember, she currently doesn't reside in any. Better learn to read, it's important. Simping requires brain as well!

Apr 17, 5:33 AM
May 2023
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp I doubt your capability of reading. It's stated that 'the wheat she dwells in", but as far as I can remember, she currently doesn't reside in any. Better learn to read, it's important. Simping requires brain as well!

you don't know what you're talking about. that's actually quite impressive. she has to be near wheat since she dwells in it therefore if the wheat were destroyed she'd disappear and jump to the nearest bundle of wheat but if there are none nearby, one could assume she'd die.

it's okay though, not everyone has inference skills. as for reading, you clearly can't understand anything I'm saying. too bad I don't speak monkey 🐵
you also can't use basic grammar which is incredible.
back to school you go!

have a nice day.
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp I doubt your capability of reading. It's stated that 'the wheat she dwells in", but as far as I can remember, she currently doesn't reside in any. Better learn to read, it's important. Simping requires brain as well!

you don't know what you're talking about. that's actually quite impressive. she has to be near wheat since she dwells in it therefore if the wheat were destroyed she'd disappear and jump to the nearest bundle of wheat but if there are none nearby, one could assume she'd die.

it's okay though, not everyone has inference skills. as for reading, you clearly can't understand anything I'm saying. too bad I don't speak monkey 🐵
you also can't use basic grammar which is incredible.
back to school you go!

have a nice day.
@holo-simp she merely said herself that she 'might' disappear, lol. Simp lords nowadays don't even have brain, I guess.

Apr 17, 5:38 AM
May 2023
SgtBateMan said:
@holo-simp she merely said herself that she 'might' disappear, lol. Simp lords nowadays don't even have brain, I guess.

well done! so now we both agree that she might disappear!
we got there in the end. glad your monkey brain does indeed have the processing capabilities to understand words.
Apr 17, 5:39 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:

we got there in the end. glad your monkey brain does indeed have the processing capabilities to understand words.
@holo-simp there is huge difference between 'might' and 'would' in English language, but guess I have to make do with your illiteracy.

SgtBateManApr 17, 5:55 AM

Apr 17, 8:01 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to SgtBateMan
@holo-simp I suspect your capability of reading. It's stated that 'the wheat she dwells in", but as far as I can remember, she currently doesn't reside in any. Better learn to read, it's important. Simping requires brain as well!
@SgtBateMan Cause even though she is in human form she's still dwelled in the wheat? By your logic, the moment she is in the visible form she shouldn't have any connetion with the wheat. Then why do you think she carries the wheat around like a necklace? Lawrance would eat or sell it bu he didn't. Or why she needed Lawrence to escape the village? Why she didn't just walk out of the wheat and run away when no one was looking? Sometimes you have to admit you're wrong, it's not that hard.

Apr 17, 8:07 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to holo-simp
SgtBateMan said:

@holo-simp Leave this idiot alone. Even preschoolers would get what's the deal at this point. They just can't bring themselves to admit they are wrong. People have prides taller than skyscrapers these days smh

Apr 17, 8:42 AM
May 2023
meyve said:
@holo-simp Leave this idiot alone. Even preschoolers would get what's the deal at this point. They just can't bring themselves to admit they are wrong. People have prides taller than skyscrapers these days smh

nah fr though, I've given all the evidence and I've even said im not 100% sure , but ig he's too stupid to understand.

at least there's one intellectual on here
Apr 17, 9:44 AM
Aug 2023
@SgtBateMan You should probably stop arguing for no reason, you've already lost🫡
Apr 17, 11:04 AM

Nov 2021
yeah man make it peaceful....
why are you arguing ab8 so dumb things?
please stop okay

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Apr 17, 12:07 PM
Dec 2018
I don't know but what about asking Hololive members?
Apr 17, 12:26 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to meyve
@SgtBateMan Cause even though she is in human form she's still dwelled in the wheat? By your logic, the moment she is in the visible form she shouldn't have any connetion with the wheat. Then why do you think she carries the wheat around like a necklace? Lawrance would eat or sell it bu he didn't. Or why she needed Lawrence to escape the village? Why she didn't just walk out of the wheat and run away when no one was looking? Sometimes you have to admit you're wrong, it's not that hard.
Ah shit, here we go again. People must be blind.

meyve said:
Cause even though she is in human form she's still dwelled in the wheat? By your logic, the moment she is in the visible form she shouldn't have any connetion with the wheat. Then why do you think she carries the wheat around like a necklace? Lawrance would eat or sell it bu he didn't. Or why she needed Lawrence to escape the village? Why she didn't just walk out of the wheat and run away when no one was looking? Sometimes you have to admit you're wrong, it's not that hard.

Kaitaka12 said:
You should probably stop arguing for no reason, you've already lost

SgtBateManApr 17, 12:40 PM

Apr 17, 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
@neel_senpai

I've dug up old comments from reddit, of people who had the same question. The guy answering apparently read the LN as well as manga.

Hope this helps)
Apr 17, 4:38 PM
Jan 2021
holo-simp said:
SgtBateMan said:

unlucky lil bro.

I think "disappear" is a vague term and does not mean she will die. Imo she will disappear until someone else grows a new wheat stack.
And does "How long people believe" has anything to do with it?
Blaze567Apr 17, 4:45 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

35 by Vicmiceli »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

122 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 29

97 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.