Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 10:00 AM
May 2023
official_brown said:
holo-simp said:

did bro mew in an anime thread.

it's all over for us 😭

You gotta do whatcha gotta do, ya know? 🧏‍♂️🤫

this is off topic but up until recently, my name was sayu-simp (from higehero) just wondering why you hated her.

also the reason my name was that was because higehero was one of my first romances and I liked her character development, obviously now I have watched many more romances so my opinion isn't quite as strong as before. feel free to reach out to messages if you wanna discuss there!!
Apr 16, 1:51 PM
Jan 2021
holo-simp said:
official_brown said:

You gotta do whatcha gotta do, ya know? 🧏‍♂️🤫

this is off topic but up until recently, my name was sayu-simp (from higehero) just wondering why you hated her.

also the reason my name was that was because higehero was one of my first romances and I liked her character development, obviously now I have watched many more romances so my opinion isn't quite as strong as before. feel free to reach out to messages if you wanna discuss there!!

So I watched it as airing, and I did initially like the story until like episode 7. Tbh I’m extremely biased about this and vehemently don’t like the show, so just take what I say with a grain of salt.

As we know Sayu’s initial situation was messed up. Her friends death, her mom not caring and basically just accusing her of doing it just to merely belittle her. It’s awful. Her brother is a Chad for paying for a hotel room, this is where I hate the show.

- Instead of getting a job she sleeps around
- she victimizes herself when she willingly had other options other than offering her body
- She doesn’t ask for her brother’s help with getting a job but rather just runs away from the whole family
- Episode 6 or 7, with all of the character development she was supposed to had, she gave up when being assaulted

This is where it gets worse:

- At the end of the anime, she doesn’t talk to her mom, she has the MC talk to her for her. When I watched this, I was completely shocked. She didn’t really stand up for herself at all, it just seemed like her white knight MC saved the day again. She had no responsibility at all.

- And at the very end, with MC repairing Sayu and her mom’s relationship and abstaining from basically having sex with a minor, and just trying to be a good dude by not being like every single dude she’s been with, she still tried to seduce him. I didn’t see any character development at all, it was just bro helping her out.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show until half way through, but it just went downhill. Seemed to be the same way for other people too. But that’s just my opinion.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 16, 7:04 PM
Jun 2020
I agree with you OP
Sao isnt bad but its a big wasted potential.
Compared to most isekai sao is better imo
Apr 16, 8:12 PM
Jun 2022
I loved it , my fav thing about it would be the relationship of kirito and Asuna whereas the other characters are great as well , quinella , sugu, that small girl who died in the 1st arc , Eugeo , the strongest swordswoman , and all the others ; the bgm and music are ofcourse 2nd to none, i loved it
Apr 16, 8:45 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoy the series overall. But I really felt like the scenes with Oberon molesting Asuna, and the practically tentacle rape scene in Underworld that Dee Eye Ell does to Leafa were both garbage and pretty awful. You don't need to make characters molesters/rapists to show they're evil.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 17, 12:36 AM

Feb 2023
I've never been the biggest fan of the original Aincrad story and I never really enjoyed how almost every villain is super crazy and tries to rape the female characters (some were fine, but especially Oberon in season 1 was hard to watch).
Other than that, I've always been fascinated by SAO. It has very memorable characters, extremely good action, cool stories, and I genuinely really like the dynamics between Kirito and the girls (even though Silica and Lisbeth feel a bit underdeveloped).

The one thing I like the most about SAO is its sci-fi aspect of mixing virtual and real worlds, especially with season 2 (both Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario) and Alicization.

edit: What is it with these villains and their tongues? They're all just weird perverts
VaturnaApr 17, 1:08 AM
Apr 17, 4:56 AM
May 2023
Como fã dessa obra, eu tenho que falar que Sword Art Online tem vários pontos negativos e positivos, e o arco de Aincrad é um desses pontos negativos, o arco é rushado, a história é bem mais ou menos, o desenvolvimento do romance do Kirito e da Asuna é a melhor coisa de Aincrad, junto com a parte em que a Lys aparece, as lutas de Aincrad são boas, mas Aincrad na minha visão é o segundo pior arco de Sword Art Online, mas o arco de Sword Art Online: Progressive é uma coisa perfeita, reconta o arco Aincrad na visão da Asuna e sem perder as aparições épicas do Kirito.

Aincrad: 7/10

Fairy Dance é o meu arco favorito de Sword Art Online, nele me trouxe mais emoção do que em Aincrad, por quê, a Leafa é uma personagem cativante, Incrível e é a mais linda de Sword Art Online, o Kirito é um idiota com a Leafa, mas dá pra ver que ele se esforça para manter um relacionamento sólido com a Leafa, as lutas desse arco são muito boas, a animação deu uma puta melhorada da primeira parte pra segunda parte da primeira temporada, o desenvolvimento da Leafa é incrível eu chorei em várias cenas dela como na cena em que ela descobre que o Kirito era seu irmão e também na cena em que Kirito e ela dançam nos arredores de ALO, simplesmente cinema, Alfheim Online é um arco lindo na minha visão e sem contar que você vai se estressar com o filho da puta do Sugou/Oberon, você vai ver que a Asuna estava presa no cativeiro, e o final é simplesmente épico com o Kirito e a Asuna se beijando, depois eles entram no ALO e todos os personagens vão voando até a Nova Aincrad, simplesmente cinema!

Fairy Dance: 10/10

Agora vamos falar de Gun Gale Online, eu gosto muito desse arco pela trama principal do Kirito entrando no jogo de novo pra investigar assassinatos no vrmmorpg Gun Gale Online, a trama da Sinon desenvolvendo vários traumas depois de usar uma arma pela primeira vez quando ela era criança é simplesmente incrível e triste, a asuna foi deixada de lado, mas né ela continua sendo uma personagem interessante, a amizade que o Kirito tem com a Sinon é muito bonita, óbvio teve aquele início conturbado que nem houve tanto com a Asuna e com a Leafa teve, mas quando foi desenvolvendo dá pra ver que a Sinon tem uma baita consideração pelo Kirito, amo a personagem, ela é minha favorita da Série inteira, por fim o death gun é um ótimo vilão, melhor que o Kayaba (Aincrad) e Sugou (Fairy Dance), Gun gale online é simplesmente sensacional.

Phantom Bullet: 10/10

Agora rapidamente falando sobre calibur, eu acho esse um arco muito fraco, mas com uma Trama bem interessante, só não gosto muito desse arco, porque final dele foi uma porcaria, e os personagens parecem que não tinham tanta sincronia quando eles tiveram nos outros Arcos.

Calibur: 3/10

Mother's rosario é um arco lindo que consegue finalizar a segunda temporada incrivelmente, Yuuki é uma personagem com um carisma, design e história muito boas assim, por ser uma paciente em estado terminal, ela ficou imersiva nos últimos dias de vida dela no Alfheim Online, que ela fez a Guilda dos Cavaleiros Adormecidos, encontrou a Asuna e construiu uma relação linda com ela, além de construir amizade com todos os personagens dos outros arcos, como Leafa, Lys, Sinon, Sílica, Klein e etc. O final desse arco foi um dos mais tristes na minha opinião, eu consegui sentir pena da personagem e como vi a segunda temporada de Sword Art Online junto com Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, eu consegui desenvolver um sentimento de tristeza por causa dessas duas obras, Yuuki sempre viverá em meu coração, por isso que Mother's Rosario é um arco incrível

Mother's Rosario: 10/10

Ordinal Scale é um arco que eu acabei gostando muito por complementar as informações principais de Aincrad, e trazendo dois personagens incríveis que são o Eiji e a Yuna, gosto demais desse arco, lutas épicas, asuna ganhando um puta destaque, a incrível fala da sinon na dublagem brasileira "vamo meter bala" foi a melhor coisa no filme, senti falta mesmo foi da Leafa que não teve tanto tempo de tela no filme, mas ordinal scale é um ótimo arco.

Ordinal Scale: 8/10

Por fim falando de Sword Art Online: Alicization eu vou falar que Alicization é um ótimo arco, com uma trama incrível, animação simplesmente fluida, desenvolvimento do relacionamento de amizade e companheirismo de Kirito com Eugeo, é a melhor coisa desse arco inteiro, a Alice é uma personagem bem chata mais que tem uma história interessantíssima, Leafa, Sinon e Asuna, usando os poderes de deusa é muito foda, a morte do Eugeo é triste demais, mais triste que a morte da Yuuki, war of underworld é simplesmente um belo fechamento de primeira fase de Sword Art Online, e por fim esse arco terminou com Kirito e Asuna ficando juntos por 200 anos e eu acho Alicization até agora o segundo melhor arco da série

Alicization: 10/10

Lys ilustrando minha felicidade por ser fã de uma obra tão completa quanto é Sword Art Online! mal espero a quarta temporada!!!

Apr 17, 5:15 AM
Dec 2020
I enjoyed the whole thing, I do admit there are some cringe parts but each season gets better and better in my opinion.
Apr 17, 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
I liked the characters and the stakes. The art is great (until the last arc). I never feel bored (unless Yui is speaking). It's a fun romp.

Now I wanna address something said: I think SAO could be much better.
I have a question about this mentality, How old were you the first time you told your parents how they can improve their cooking? It's armchair quarterbacking at it's finest. It's one thing to say "I would have liked it more if..." But better? Like a room full of people weren't thinking about the best and most profitable product to produce. What if your better version wasn't as commercially successful? Apologies for the rant.
I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy . . . censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, “This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,” the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free.
Apr 17, 6:29 AM
Nov 2021
Ppl always seem to completely love sao or absolutely despise it without an in between option. I personally enjoyed s1 but i haven’t been interested in anything else from this franchise.
Apr 17, 8:47 AM
Aug 2023
I love sao, and i still do now, but I like the abridged version more, but I'm not sure if I would like it if I rewatched it since I'm older now
Apr 17, 2:55 PM

May 2018
SAO has a nostalgia factor going for it, and I think it's kinda undeniable that it was the blueprint for the many isekai/mmorpg anime that followed
GO DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Apr 17, 5:43 PM

May 2021
I enjoy SAO as a franchise quite a bit. Just a few years ago I did a quick run through of the series and caught up through Alicization. I also went and saw the first progressive movie in theatres with a friend so that was a good time. I still have to watch the second progressive movie that released in 2022 though.

Like many others I didn't really like the second half of the first season. Aincrad was great but it left a lot on the table that I would've liked to see. Gun Gale is awesome, and Alicization was pretty cool too. I enjoy the characters quite a bit, I think that's the main appeal for me. Sinon is my absolute favorite from the bunch. If I had to add anything else, I think the concept of them playing different games with completely different experiences is cool.

Also worth mentioning that I thought Ordinal Scale was a great movie. Overall I'd consider myself a fan of SAO, I don't love it as much as some people do but I also don't think it's worthy of the hate that its gotten.
Apr 17, 11:42 PM
Apr 2023
Yeah, i love SAO. I have watched all the seasons several times and am doing that again right now. I think it is overhated. I really love the later seasons, but generally, I like the franchise as a whole. I still think the VR headsets and so on are so cool! my favorite characters are probably Asuna, Kirito, Sinon, and Alice.
Apr 18, 12:47 AM
Aug 2018
It isn't bad. It's just overrated.
It's more creative than most anime.
Apr 18, 1:58 AM

Dec 2014
If only the whole plot is not driven by romance relationship. =(
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 18, 3:12 AM
Nov 2017
It was good back then because the concept was not overused yet.
Apr 18, 2:54 PM
Nov 2023
I shit on it a lot, and my friend is very very passionate about it. While I do think season 1 is kinda garbage, it’s garbage I’m kinda intimate with. I really liked Aincrad, until they completely go against the main goal of the show which was all doom and gloom but turned into a shitty romance.

I still rewatch Aincrad because it does make me reminisce about the good old days of being an anime fan. But within watching Sao I just can’t bring myself to watch afo, it’s just impossible.

Season 2 I didn’t mind that much, but the other half of season 2 i really got bored with. Ordinal Scale was fun though.

And last but not least, Alicization was Aincrad but done better. It took a lot of its mistakes and fixed them. There were some parts I thought were still dumb, but I think it’s the most I had enjoyed Sao.

I think it’s the arc most people would disagree, but me personally I enjoyed it and I could easily go back and watch it.
Apr 20, 10:52 AM
Sep 2021
it's just pretty nostalgic to me. I also like the characters
Apr 21, 6:18 AM
Dec 2022
BitingTiger said:
I do/did genuinely enjoy SAO because of its sound design, graphical design, story, interesting premise, etc. but i do agree with lots of the criticism. The thing that pains me is that the idea of SAO could be done so well if it got the same treatment as alicisation got. in my opinion Alicisation was a much better executed story.

YESS YESS😭😭
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

May 2021
First season first half is pretty good. The second part was okayish. Gun gale season 2 is also okayish, but I stopped watching because I heard second part is s2 is bad

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

35 by DAMT34 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.