Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 15, 5:19 AM
Jul 2021
I haven’t read the manga but I just binge watched the entire anime and it was so good until I found out who Fuutarou chose. I was so shocked when I saw he chose
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 5:26 AM
Mar 2022
You're not alone Buddy
Apr 15, 5:27 AM
Mar 2023
yeah yotsuba is the worst he could have chosen and that downgraded the show a lot
Apr 15, 5:28 AM
Apr 2023
it was the best choice wether you like it or not
Apr 15, 5:31 AM
Oct 2019
It's a choice that make sense from a author perspective but not for the fans because she was the neglected Quint. If she would have some development like the other it would have made the choice more easier to swallow but she practically a comic relief character in the background for the most part of the story and I think it's there that it hurt the fans since it come out illogical by how he chooses to told the story.
Apr 15, 5:33 AM
Apr 2023
well I'm an itsuki fan but I was hoping miku to end up with the mc cause she was the one who love him the most💔
Apr 15, 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
I honestly don't care. it is what is it. I enjoyed the movie
Apr 15, 5:50 AM
Apr 2021
Cry About It, It Is What It Is.
Apr 15, 5:53 AM

Jul 2022
My wife was happy when her favorite girl didn't end up with Futaro because she found him to be a terrible partner.

I guess those upset with the ending can take solace in the fact that their waifu is still out there waiting on them.
Apr 15, 5:56 AM
Jun 2015
I think the reason it didn’t make sense to the fans was because her character never developed from her relationship with Fuutaro. You can notice how Nino or Miku’s characters became better in general due their interactions with him but none of that sort for Yotsuba. The author ended up trying to justify this choice after the confession although I wish if he at least hinted to her past before confessing, this way it would’ve been easier to root for her.
I still love Yotsuba and was happy for her even though I was team Miku since she was always supportive of her sisters.
Apr 15, 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
One of the very few harems, in which a nice girl, who is not an obnoxious and insufferable tsundere wins and I appreciate it for that.

Apr 15, 6:01 AM
Jan 2022
usss bro ussss 🤝..I didn’t like that too....
Apr 15, 6:08 AM
Jul 2023
Megan1918 said:
I haven’t read the manga but I just binge watched the entire anime and it was so good until I found out who Fuutarou chose. I was so shocked when I saw he chose

Firstly bro, he doesn't need to keep up with viewers expectations because there were 5 different personalities and every viewer has his own likings. Although i wanted him to marry all of them but let put this aside because i knew this was not going to happen.

secondly, yotsuba was his first love. She was his crush and he Changed himself for her. you are in no place to blame him or argue his choice. I like miku among all of them but MC's choice was also reasonable
Apr 15, 6:14 AM
Nov 2015
I really, really liked this show, but honestly, this ruined it for me too. But, it is what it is, and I understand that. I considered buying the manga too, but after this I lost all interest in that too.

I felt that it came too surprisingly. Maybe it was what the author was looking for, idk. But what I mean, welcome to the club.
Apr 15, 6:22 AM
Jan 2021
Thank god you’re not the author Blud
Apr 15, 6:30 AM
Oct 2020
he was using brain instead of his heart.. Nino and Miku liked him a lot but that blud choose Yotsuba because she was his childhood friend. lmao
Apr 15, 6:33 AM
Nov 2018
Yotsuba feels like the least develop in any of the relationships in the anime. So yeah it came as a surprise at the end. To be honest I'm happy she was chosen. It's rare the one seems more like a support character to find happiness at the end.
Apr 15, 6:42 AM
Oct 2023
ImmortalGod03 said:
he was using brain instead of his heart.. Nino and Miku liked him a lot but that blud choose Yotsuba because she was his childhood friend. lmao

ayo damn real bro😭.....
Apr 15, 6:46 AM
Feb 2020
I just finished rewatching it and I go to mal to see this at the top for me bahahaha but I can see where it's coming from I personally wanted him to be with them all but I'm happy with yotsuba none the less even though I'm team ichika
Apr 15, 6:51 AM
Dec 2022
You sound JUST like me right after watching the ending for the first time lol
Apr 15, 6:54 AM
Dec 2022
scarorion said:
I think the reason it didn’t make sense to the fans was because her character never developed from her relationship with Fuutaro. You can notice how Nino or Miku’s characters became better in general due their interactions with him but none of that sort for Yotsuba. The author ended up trying to justify this choice after the confession although I wish if he at least hinted to her past before confessing, this way it would’ve been easier to root for her.
I still love Yotsuba and was happy for her even though I was team Miku since she was always supportive of her sisters.

Wait… yotsuba was ALWAYS supportive of her sisters over everything else more so than miku
Apr 15, 6:56 AM
Dec 2022
alexw1020 said:
My wife was happy when her favorite girl didn't end up with Futaro because she found him to be a terrible partner.

I guess those upset with the ending can take solace in the fact that their waifu is still out there waiting on them.

Alex 👋 👀….
Apr 15, 7:36 AM

Feb 2023
I personally always felt that Itsuki fit the role of the supporting best friend much more than being the bride.
Her relationship with Futaro was the closest very much from the start yet it never was particularly romantic. Even when she gives him a kiss, she immediately makes fun of him about how creepy his reaction is like a true friend.

In the end, even though Futaro only marries one of the sisters, he's still together with all of them (not romantically but as family).
Apr 15, 7:43 AM
May 2021
It was more like, not giving any attention to her throughout the show and finally choose her, it felt like a background character suddenly became MC, it'd be much better it she had nice character development!
Apr 15, 7:54 AM
Aug 2023
nino is the best from all
Apr 15, 7:56 AM
Sep 2021
no matter who he chose there's always going to be someone who doesn't like it. It's what happens when you have a harem anime. At the end of the day, it's the authors choice. his call is the right call because at the end of the day, he created it and without creating it you wouldn't have been able to experience the story at all.

also the manga ending is the same.
Apr 15, 8:11 AM
Nov 2022
Me too, I thought for sure it was going to be Itsuki, and it was the one I was rooting for.
Apr 15, 8:42 AM

Jun 2021
Fumbled frfr (characters limit)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 9:00 AM
Mar 2023
For me it was the best choice he could do, I dont know why someone thinks that nino is good because she was worse.
Apr 15, 9:15 AM
Jan 2017
Yotsuba is the one who deserves it. Even though she loves Uesugi she did all she could to help her sisters instead. She was selfless all the way and it never even occurred to her that she could be loved back. She hated herself for putting her sisters in the position they are, and believed herself to be a failure. She might not be the most obvious choice, but damn if she's not the best.
Apr 15, 9:47 AM

Jan 2011
I know my opinion is even more unpopular but I like Ichika. Itsuki is the typical tsundere, I don't like those types at all. Nino or Miku would also be a good choice. The three I like are honest about how they feel. And have the guts to communicate that. I like that. People who can't be honest about how they feel annoy the shit out of me.
Apr 15, 10:01 AM

Oct 2022
It was obvious who he gonna choose the moment we know that Yotsuba is that girl he met as a kid.

Plus I don't care anyway, my girls Ichika not gonna win in the first place (sob) But it'd be better if Yotsuba does get more romantic developments or some sort.
Apr 15, 10:38 AM
Dec 2022
Zimzky said:
Yotsuba is the one who deserves it. Even though she loves Uesugi she did all she could to help her sisters instead. She was selfless all the way and it never even occurred to her that she could be loved back. She hated herself for putting her sisters in the position they are, and believed herself to be a failure. She might not be the most obvious choice, but damn if she's not the best.

10000000000000%
Apr 15, 10:47 AM
Jun 2023
Fully agree with you still dont understand why btw
Apr 15, 11:11 AM
Apr 2021
I think she had lowest screen time than other 3 of them. (Idk been a long while since I watched it)
Apr 15, 11:59 AM
Oct 2019
Well, It's your opinion, you have the right.
Personally I always found that Yotsuba was the most logical because the most "normal" of the 5.
It's imo, nothing to deep.
Apr 15, 1:56 PM
Aug 2023
that was the best choice for the MC if you really understood him. best choice doesn't mean your best choice
Apr 15, 2:41 PM
Jan 2023
nah I pretty much agree tbh yotsuba always felt like the younger sister character while the short pink haired girl that wanted to be an actress felt like the big sister not sorry I don't remember her name she was awfull by far the worst quint but yeah I think itsuki was the best option or atleast most understandable/logical option while I was hoping for Nino but wasn't expecting it the ending with yotsuba being the quint he chose also felt like it was supposed to be a oh surprise twist moment that was just done horribly
Apr 15, 3:55 PM
Jun 2015
Slothfulslug292 said:
scarorion said:

Wait… yotsuba was ALWAYS supportive of her sisters over everything else more so than miku

Yeah I was referring to Yotsuba being the supportive one. I guess I wrote it in a confusing way that made it sound like I was referring to Miku. My bad.
Apr 15, 5:33 PM
Dec 2022
I honestly feel ya since I thought It'd be itsuki from all their moments together too but I'm honestly not that upset by the outcome, it is what it is as they say.
Apr 15, 5:39 PM
Jan 2015
Let's be real. Any other girl would have still resulted in backlash from the fans. One with the least and one with the most, but backlash nonetheless.

That being said, got no reason to throw any tables myself. Was rooting for Yotsuba.
Apr 15, 6:40 PM
Aug 2023
No one liked how he chose Yotsuba, but I was honestly rooting for Yotsuba from the start. And while many people didn’t like it, it was quite obviously the best choice. From the start, Yotsuba was nice to him, supported him, and helped him for the most part. It was only later until the other girls liked him, sure, this isnt much leverage for her to win, but additionally, she was never that mean to him. Futaro liked being around her, and her presence understandably put him at ease. The other girls’ behaviour at the beginning of their relationship can be forgiven and again, doesn’t make them much worse options by any means, but if he’s seriously going to pick one of the five girls to spend the rest of his life with him, then you cant really deny that she was the best option by a long shot. But of course, it’s not wrong at all to like the other girls better. I just think it makes a lot of sense that Futaro chose Yotsuba to be his bride at the end of the series.
Apr 15, 11:02 PM
Aug 2023
Zimzky said:

Facts (character limit)
Apr 16, 3:03 AM
Dec 2022
Yea, you're not the only one. Nevertheless, it was a peak show. One of my favorite harem romcom anime.
Apr 16, 4:22 AM
Jan 2023
SonikTonik said:
No one liked how he chose Yotsuba, but I was honestly rooting for Yotsuba from the start. And while many people didn’t like it, it was quite obviously the best choice. From the start, Yotsuba was nice to him, supported him, and helped him for the most part. It was only later until the other girls liked him, sure, this isnt much leverage for her to win, but additionally, she was never that mean to him. Futaro liked being around her, and her presence understandably put him at ease. The other girls’ behaviour at the beginning of their relationship can be forgiven and again, doesn’t make them much worse options by any means, but if he’s seriously going to pick one of the five girls to spend the rest of his life with him, then you cant really deny that she was the best option by a long shot. But of course, it’s not wrong at all to like the other girls better. I just think it makes a lot of sense that Futaro chose Yotsuba to be his bride at the end of the series.

hmm explained like that I can see why he chose yotsuba but to me itsuki still felt like the better option given their development thought the series and from memory she was the first one he meets excluding backstory stuff so to me that gives the impression it was gonna be her
Apr 16, 5:09 AM
Apr 2021
LOL.. its not like you have to marry XD
Apr 16, 7:46 AM
Sep 2020
alexw1020 said:

Lol, you nailed it
Apr 16, 7:59 AM
Dec 2022
scarorion said:
Slothfulslug292 said:

Yeah I was referring to Yotsuba being the supportive one. I guess I wrote it in a confusing way that made it sound like I was referring to Miku. My bad.

Ohhhhhh I seee now! My b for misunderstanding
Apr 17, 12:27 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to Xjebtvybrhfye
SonikTonik said:

hmm explained like that I can see why he chose yotsuba but to me itsuki still felt like the better option given their development thought the series and from memory she was the first one he meets excluding backstory stuff so to me that gives the impression it was gonna be her
@Xjebtvybrhfye Good point lol, i thought it was gonna be itsuki too. the bride prolly should have had more development tho im still salty abt it
Apr 17, 5:29 AM
Mar 2024
Bro same here. MIKU SHOULD'VE WON!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

350 by Sensi_Potato »»
May 30, 11:19 PM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

» Unfulfilled, loved the series but this movie was 💩

DezzyFox55 - Apr 19, 2023

22 by dk107_ »»
Sep 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.