Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 15, 4:03 AM
Apr 2023
Should i stop watching SAO on ep 14 and give it a 9/10?๐Ÿ’€. So far it was good, maybe i should stop before it gets bad and have some good memories of it. Should i?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
Everything goes downhill from there, so if you want to spare yourself cringe and disappointment, that's where you should end.
SAO becomes good once again during Alicization, but only briefly.

Apr 15, 4:19 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
How do you know the next arc will be bad if you haven't even watched it in the first place?

There is a chance you would like the next arc even more.

But do as you wish, I am not your parent.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Apr 15, 4:21 AM
Apr 2023
Rinrinka said:
How do you know the next arc will be bad if you haven't even watched it in the first place?

There is a chance you would like the next arc even more.

But do as you wish, I am not your parent.

ty i needed this. was being a pussy by not completing it . excited for the cringe
Apr 15, 4:23 AM
Jan 2024
nah man it's good people just keep on crying
Apr 15, 4:28 AM
Feb 2021
SIimyBread said:
Should i stop watching SAO on ep 14 and give it a 9/10?๐Ÿ’€. So far it was good, maybe i should stop before it gets bad and have some good memories of it. Should i?

No keep going please. It gets better and if you really liked Asuna and Kirito’s relationship then you will like the rest. There is one part that everyone talks about and ya I hate it too. I just skip like 15sec then I am good. I have rewatched the first season over 20 times and read the LN and the manag. I say give it a try. One of the reasons why the second half sucked was because after Reki Kawahara finished the Aincrad arc that was where the story was supposed to end. He wrote SAO Aincrad arc for a light novel competition in like 2002 and unexpectedly got a top prize. Then the publishers were like “ok cool great story. Soooo… whats next?” He had no schooling under his belt for writing or story telling when he wrote the Fairy Dance arc. (Put that into consideration when you are watching it). You don’t get to see his true fully developed story telling shine until the 3rd season Alicization. But Season 2 gun gale is pretty good also. If you like Kirito and want to see him keep being the god tire badass beater that he is keep watching.
Apr 15, 4:29 AM
Feb 2021
hi777 said:

Thank you people dont know the back story and just call it garbO. They should really do some research or read the fucking manga or LN.
Apr 15, 4:30 AM
Apr 2023
adaminop said:
SIimyBread said:

No keep going please. It gets better and if you really liked Asuna and Kirito’s relationship then you will like the rest. There is one part that everyone talks about and ya I hate it too. I just skip like 15sec then I am good. I have rewatched the first season over 20 times and read the LN and the manag. I say give it a try. One of the reasons why the second half sucked was because after Reki Kawahara finished the Aincrad arc that was where the story was supposed to end. He wrote SAO Aincrad arc for a light novel competition in like 2002 and unexpectedly got a top prize. Then the publishers were like “ok cool great story. Soooo… whats next?” He had no schooling under his belt for writing or story telling when he wrote the Fairy Dance arc. (Put that into consideration when you are watching it). You don’t get to see his true fully developed story telling shine until the 3rd season Alicization. But Season 2 gun gale is pretty good also. If you like Kirito and want to see him keep being the god tire badass beater that he is keep watching.

hmm interesting. do love their relationship but not that craving for it. I was planning to stop after finishing s1. might continue further if it they leave off in a good way!
Apr 15, 4:31 AM
Jan 2024
adaminop said:
hi777 said:

Thank you people dont know the back story and just call it garbO. They should really do some research or read the fucking manga or LN.

yeah man it's just blind hate sao is far better than 95% isekei like easily
Apr 15, 4:32 AM
Feb 2021
Fucking thank you!!!!!! I will stand on the SAO mountain until I fucking die. Kirito is a GOD and ASUNA is waifu number one in my heart!!!
Apr 15, 4:34 AM
Feb 2021
adaminop said:
SIimyBread said:

Also people will fight me and call me names for this. Buttttttt….. if you think about it SAO could have been one of the first iseki’s because it was written in 2002. Let that fester a little and see what hate i get. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Apr 15, 4:39 AM

Jan 2023
I mean if you can continue through the second half of the first season and season two, you get to Alicization and War of Underworld which as of now are the best arcs in the SAO anime.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Apr 15, 4:40 AM

Jan 2021
ok so I'm gonna be real now...
SAO NEVER FELL FOR ME
S2 is rated 6.8 in MAL. but i felt overall it was far better than s1
s3/Alicization gets even better
MOVIES ARE THE REAL MASTERPIECES OF THIS SERIES..

See again it depends on ur preferences i connected well with characters
Even after watching many anime (350+ entries in mal) SAO still has a special place in my heart
A-1 studios put their heart for SAO just as they did for 86!!
Look at SoloLeveling mann it could have been a lot better
SAO is A-1s fav child

Ononi onichan PEACE PEACE
Also I'm a huge fan of the Monogatari series
Hope u enjoy SAO mate!!
Apr 15, 4:45 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
not a bad idea lol

all of S1 is solid/decent. imo S2 is where it goes downhill
Apr 15, 5:02 AM
Jan 2021
Embrace the cringe and keep moving forward
Apr 15, 5:05 AM
Feb 2021
aod-kun said:
not a bad idea lol

all of S1 is solid/decent. imo S2 is where it goes downhill

We must have seen different animes
Did you take into consideration that he wasn’t a schooled writer/story teller at the time of making fairy dance.
Apr 15, 5:10 AM
Feb 2022
I mean I dont even understand much of the criticism faced by the 2nd arc especially considering its better than your regular trash isekai.
Apr 15, 5:11 AM
Apr 2023
Watch it and decide for yourself what you think about the next season/season
Apr 15, 5:14 AM
Apr 2023
Imagine_Breakr said:
SAO NEVER FELL FOR ME

Even after watching many anime (350+ entries in mal) SAO still has a special place in my heart
SAO is A-1s fav child

Hope u enjoy SAO mate!!

So true the GGO and Mothers Rosario was great and Alicization peak, finally someone who respects it ๐Ÿค๐Ÿผ
Apr 15, 5:31 AM
Oct 2021
SIimyBread said:

Yes drop it after ep 14
Apr 15, 5:34 AM

Sep 2021
SAO is peak Fiction will never get the hate it gets

Ordinal Scale and Alicization are more peak.
Apr 15, 5:44 AM
Apr 2023
Imagine_Breakr said:
SAO NEVER FELL FOR ME

SAO is A-1s fav child

Hope u enjoy SAO mate!!

friending you because of oni no onichan peace peace. I'll complete s1 of sao for now at least
Apr 15, 5:52 AM
Jul 2019
it's my favorite anime so I recommend it 100%
Apr 15, 5:56 AM
Feb 2021
Yeetyus said:
SIimyBread said:

Yes drop it after ep 14

WrongO, read all the other comments. People are just but hurt it wasn’t all Aincrad arch. Well if you read my post from up above you will know Aincrad was the end of the series at first. If that is the case have you read or watched a little thing called SWORD ART ONLINE PROGRESSIVE!! If not don’t speak. Have a nice day bu bye
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

Dec 2020
Why would you drop a show if you’re still enjoying it?
Apr 15, 6:07 AM
Feb 2021
Akuya said:

Because of the bad wrap that it has gotten over the years. It went from a fantastic first half to a not so well written second half and because of that a lot of people dropped it and never gave it another chance. Because they were SO BUTT hurt that it wasn’t all Aincrad.
adaminopApr 15, 6:10 AM
Apr 15, 6:37 AM
Apr 2024
drop II season of guns
Apr 15, 6:42 AM

Jan 2024
If you like what you see you can watch all of it, it is not like SAO has a shift in quality or anything, it stays the same all the way through, they just jump from one game world to another.
Ex-AidApr 15, 6:46 AM
Apr 15, 6:44 AM

Apr 2020
If you're at Episode 14 and you think it's a 9 then...what's the problem?
Watch it. You obviously like it.

Dropping something you enjoy watching is backwards logic.
It's like never crossing the street again, because you could potentially risk getting hit by a car xD
Apr 15, 6:46 AM
Nov 2018
You need to watch bad animes. So when you watch a series you like and they have a bad second season. You can tolerate it and think "Well this isn't as bad as something else I watched", and get through it.
Apr 15, 6:50 AM
Nov 2019
Piromysl said:
Everything goes downhill from there, so if you want to spare yourself cringe and disappointment, that's where you should end.

Mother's Rosario arc (the one after they took out Excalibur) is good tho because Zekken was such a legend.
Apr 15, 6:53 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to adaminop
Akuya said:

Because of the bad wrap that it has gotten over the years. It went from a fantastic first half to a not so well written second half and because of that a lot of people dropped it and never gave it another chance. Because they were SO BUTT hurt that it wasn’t all Aincrad.
@adaminop
Yeah I know that. I was rhetorical.
What I'm wondering is why he's asking on the forums if he should drop a show just because he heard it gets bad, rather than watching it himself and making his own decision to drop it or not.
Apr 15, 6:57 AM

Sep 2016
Keep watching S1 and S2 even if you don't like them, because S3 Alicization is worth it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 15, 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to Zarutaku
Keep watching S1 and S2 even if you don't like them, because S3 Alicization is worth it.
@Zarutaku This, imo, it's the best part of SAO.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 15, 7:19 AM
Jun 2023
I would say that you should keep watching. The show is definitely a roller-coaster in terms of quality. I would say that I still enjoyed just about every arc of the show/movies, but just to different degrees. Also, the later seasons are genuinely very good again, and the story takes an interesting direction (in my opinion). Just watch it all without reading public opinions on it. Helps to go into something blind so that you can decide for yourself if you like it or not without going into it with the preconception that it'll be bad or fall off.
Apr 15, 7:22 AM
Feb 2021
Continue. The second half of SAO season 1 isn't even that bad. People are upset because we are no longer in Aincrad.
Apr 15, 7:39 AM
May 2021
I'd not bother with other people's opinion and watch the anime if I like it so far, personally I love SAO, but that's my opinion, if you feel like nah I'm not liking it any further only then drop the show, otherwise I'd complete it and rate it 10/10 ๐Ÿ˜
Apr 15, 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to HaruyukiIsCute
Piromysl said:

Mother's Rosario arc (the one after they took out Excalibur) is good tho because Zekken was such a legend.
@HaruyukiIsCute The one where Kirito got sidelined and Asuna took the role of protagonist? Well, if was so-so. Better than Fairy Dance, but honestly, that bar is basically underground. I really liked that brief Asuna vs Yuuki fight.

Apr 15, 8:09 AM
Nov 2023
Piromysl said:

couldn't agree more
Apr 15, 8:47 AM
Sep 2022
hi777 said:
adaminop said:

Not an achievement
Apr 15, 9:03 AM
Jan 2024
DarkLordie said:
hi777 said:

Not an achievement

it is if you know what I'm talking about
Apr 15, 10:17 AM

Jun 2020
Drop it. Personally I will continue it soon to watch a certain character in later season, but if you feel it worth nothing to you, don't force yourself to continue.
Apr 15, 11:04 AM
Oct 2021
adaminop said:
Yeetyus said:

Yes drop it after ep 14

WrongO, read all the other comments. People are just but hurt it wasn’t all Aincrad arch. Well if you read my post from up above you will know Aincrad was the end of the series at first. If that is the case have you read or watched a little thing called SWORD ART ONLINE PROGRESSIVE!! If not don’t speak. Have a nice day bu bye

I did not understand anything you say. Every season except the half of season 1 is garbage. There is no key story at all. The author just invents different stories that has nothing to do with the previous ones, specifically alicization. Alicizaion was just a completely another show, don’t know why its name was still Sward art online. If the audience is at Teenager age, they will probably like it but after they get adults they will understand how cringe and bad this show is. Anyway, the guy who wrote the discussion will see it if he not drops the show after season one.
Apr 15, 12:04 PM

May 2020
I feel like i'm the only one who likes the second half. It's really not that bad imo. Yes there is a bit incest, but it's not like they get together and fuck or something. I don't remember everything, but i liked, that it switches between VR and "real life" and even villains appear in RL of course. There are some really cool and badass scenes even in RL. So... yeah just watch it and maybe you like it.
Apr 15, 12:05 PM
Apr 2023
Yeetyus said:
adaminop said:

I did not understand anything you say. Every season except the half of season 1 is garbage. There is no key story at all. The author just invents different stories that has nothing to do with the previous ones, specifically alicization. Alicizaion was just a completely another show, don’t know why its name was still Sward art online. If the audience is at Teenager age, they will probably like it but after they get adults they will understand how cringe and bad this show is. Anyway, the guy who wrote the discussion will see it if he not drops the show after season one.

๐Ÿ’€ I watched 6 more eps and I'm already feeling it. it's really lackluster
Apr 15, 12:20 PM
Sep 2023
SIimyBread said:

The show goes downhill until the second half of season 2. then afterward, it gets progressively better and easily surpasses the first arc.
Apr 15, 12:24 PM
Jul 2021
hi777 said:

It is not and it only gets worse(I rewatched it recently so it’s not me misremembering)
Apr 15, 12:27 PM
Jul 2021
Furuhashi1 said:
SAO is peak Fiction will never get the hate it gets

Ordinal Scale and Alicization are more peak.

Oh yeah the rape scene was peak(sarcasm)
Apr 15, 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
If you do that you'd have to drop it after episode 3 lmao.
Take care of yourself

Apr 15, 1:08 PM
May 2022
Yeetyus said:
adaminop said:

If you read more of the LNs, you can see that most/all of the stories tie into one another. it does have a key story (maybe vaguely). but not everything has to have a key story. Some animes don't have a story at all and people can enjoy just the weirdness or whatever that goes on in them. I am not (entirely) defending sao, I'm just saying that I can be good for some people and good for others. imo, I love sao. maybe it's because it was one of my firsts, but I still love it. yes, there are some bad writing in it, but that doesn't mean it isn't all bad. I would say to keep watching if you like it so far or don't if you don't want to, its all up to you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

35 by DAMT34 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 3:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.