Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 7:00 PM

May 2015
Interesting vibes there, even though it's slow I wouldn't say it's boring. The fake siblings pair is quite amusing.
Apr 19, 7:05 PM
Mar 2024
very entertaning and fun to watch
Apr 20, 3:16 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Zerephiehell
@Kimurah the problem here isnt that people simply dont like the anime. they take the worst aspect of a story (the visuals) and make it their main complaint. Choosing a certain style isnt what is making a story bad. Just look at the old One Punchman or Mob psycho manga from One that made it through even though the author is unable to draw well. A good story needs a good foundation and that needs time. for that this show did mostly well setting the location, mood and characters in two episodes. "Nothing meaningful happend" in these episode is willingly ignoring any worldbuilding. you appearently didnt understand that the critisism here isnt that people dont like the show. It is because they give bad reasons why this show is objectively bad (which it isnt from my perspective).
@Zerephiehell

People who barf the words "world building" on non fantasy show are already just talking out of their asses. It's supposed to be a yakuza thematic mixed with thriller and comedy, and it sucks big time on both genres. The problem isn't just merely the animation and poor art, as someone else mentioned it's the execution, the lack of comedic writing and poor story development. Objectively speaking nothing worth of value was shown in this episode, neither in character writing (as in learning something new about the main characters) or story progression (the whole episode was just written as a set up episode defining the new characters that will play as supports).

One Punch Man and Mob Psycho were massive succesful titles due to the great animation in their adaptations. But lets be honest, their writing isn't worth an academy award, people like them because they are very simplistic and straight forward heroe's journey kind of titles and also they come from shonen demographics, so of course they will be incredibly popular and people like you will confuse popularity with quality. OPM 2 anime adaptation failed big time, and it wasn't just because of the lower quality animation, the writing wasn't really that good and the whole eye candy that made it famous and popular just showed up the true colors of an overhyped title that can only stand on it's 2 feet due to the art an animation. Also, a lot of OPM manga success comes from Murata's version of the manga with incredibly detailed panels.

KimurahApr 20, 3:28 PM
Apr 20, 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to xdiesp
@Kimurah No, I think it's a Kimurah problem. Since you're the one trolling multiple forums, always with the same method. And most importantly, you never leave despite "disliking" the show so much. You are leaving now, right?
@xdiesp

Imagine being this needy for attention that you had to crawl out of the hole you live and you had to leave your precious discussion threads in Dungeon Midshit just because I haven't been posting in them (haven't watched the last 2 or 3 epsiodes). Hah. Your whole existence in this discussion board is barking at me. What a pathetic sad little man.

Having a different opinion (specially if you understand writing) does not equal to trolling. You on the other hand being a rabid ignorant fanboy that's only looking for my particular attention rather than provide insight of the discussion topic at hand, is the actual troll.
Apr 22, 4:57 AM

Jul 2017
It's clear that the Fable has sunken into the minds of the Yakuza, much less the one who's taking him and Yoko into their premises. Both Hiroshi and Takeshi are easily taken aback from Akira being able to discern that they have guns and are armed just in case if they face any realization. With that checked out, Takeshi shows them to one of their houses, which Akira just shot a revolver to stain his Skyline GT-R, and that was the smallest of cameras. Too bad that Akira is a certified pro to be able to spot cameras and such, but a woman from afar who creases Akira's attention, they're going to spend the year there.

With Takeshi and his henchmen looking on Akira and Yoko as they celebrate their moving-in party, hiring fellow henchmen Takahashi and a kickboxer to thwart the Sato siblings, Akira has a responsibility to secure Yoko while he has all of the space to figure out their attacks and play along with their party tricks like a pro. To find the woman who tripped on the stairs on the way to the bar, who is she exactly though?

Give the Fable an Oscar for acting, he's pretty hilarious.
Apr 22, 6:25 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to Kimurah
@Zerephiehell

People who barf the words "world building" on non fantasy show are already just talking out of their asses. It's supposed to be a yakuza thematic mixed with thriller and comedy, and it sucks big time on both genres. The problem isn't just merely the animation and poor art, as someone else mentioned it's the execution, the lack of comedic writing and poor story development. Objectively speaking nothing worth of value was shown in this episode, neither in character writing (as in learning something new about the main characters) or story progression (the whole episode was just written as a set up episode defining the new characters that will play as supports).

One Punch Man and Mob Psycho were massive succesful titles due to the great animation in their adaptations. But lets be honest, their writing isn't worth an academy award, people like them because they are very simplistic and straight forward heroe's journey kind of titles and also they come from shonen demographics, so of course they will be incredibly popular and people like you will confuse popularity with quality. OPM 2 anime adaptation failed big time, and it wasn't just because of the lower quality animation, the writing wasn't really that good and the whole eye candy that made it famous and popular just showed up the true colors of an overhyped title that can only stand on it's 2 feet due to the art an animation. Also, a lot of OPM manga success comes from Murata's version of the manga with incredibly detailed panels.

@Kimurah yes the story itself contains a lot of shounen elements, but that doesnt change the story provided depth to many of the characters within these storys. For example Saitama struggeling with motivation, King with pressure from outside, Mob just wanting to fit into the normal kids, these are normal but relateable toppics. You see their struggle. You see them form bonds and interact with each other creating an engaging narrative. There is a reason why heroes journey always have been a popular way of storytelling it is because it works. if excecuted well of course and id argue it is. For Worldbuilding in this regard im talking about the building of the setting we are in. you clearly understood that but chose to attack it anyway. Mentioning that someone is talking about their ass just because one doesnt understand how storybricks fit together is a little bit poor. Its not neccesarily tied to only fantasy. it is present to establish a story by showing a character in a situation and establishing a framework. I disagree with nothing of value was shown in the episodes because they introduced the plot and characters fairly well. there arent a million jokes thrown at you either to hope something sticks and makes you laugh. Personally i hate this in other modern comedy series.
ZerephiehellApr 23, 1:40 AM
Apr 26, 6:02 AM

Nov 2019
Grunt C earned five thousand yen in exchange of broken fingers and bruised shin. That didn't look like a good deal :(
May 1, 7:00 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Zerephiehell
@Kimurah yes the story itself contains a lot of shounen elements, but that doesnt change the story provided depth to many of the characters within these storys. For example Saitama struggeling with motivation, King with pressure from outside, Mob just wanting to fit into the normal kids, these are normal but relateable toppics. You see their struggle. You see them form bonds and interact with each other creating an engaging narrative. There is a reason why heroes journey always have been a popular way of storytelling it is because it works. if excecuted well of course and id argue it is. For Worldbuilding in this regard im talking about the building of the setting we are in. you clearly understood that but chose to attack it anyway. Mentioning that someone is talking about their ass just because one doesnt understand how storybricks fit together is a little bit poor. Its not neccesarily tied to only fantasy. it is present to establish a story by showing a character in a situation and establishing a framework. I disagree with nothing of value was shown in the episodes because they introduced the plot and characters fairly well. there arent a million jokes thrown at you either to hope something sticks and makes you laugh. Personally i hate this in other modern comedy series.
@Zerephiehell

What you call depth, is what in literature would be called just shallow development. Every single example you gave has no real depth, it just talks about superfluous action heroes in their journey. They have as much depth as a marvel movie. Every single roadblock they encountered it was fixed with their supernatural abilities, even if Mob tends to act as some sort of people's people, but he's not, he's always been avobe everyone else in the city. The One just loves to put him on top of a soap box and argue he's a mob so his underdog audience can feel they are being represented.

A million jokes? I would settle for 2 or 3 jokes that actually make me laugh in this farse. They are all just cringe and stupidly poorly constructed skits based on nothing but overexagerated facial expressions presented on the screen with jazz hands, there's no layering nor making a smart connection to their yakuza society. for instance, the guy fapping in his car and denying it to his boss while he's doing a surveillance job it's just pure cringe, there's no creativity, it's a random event dropped on the audience without an applause sign.
KimurahMay 1, 7:10 PM
May 3, 3:38 PM

Oct 2014
Reply to Kimurah
@Zerephiehell

What you call depth, is what in literature would be called just shallow development. Every single example you gave has no real depth, it just talks about superfluous action heroes in their journey. They have as much depth as a marvel movie. Every single roadblock they encountered it was fixed with their supernatural abilities, even if Mob tends to act as some sort of people's people, but he's not, he's always been avobe everyone else in the city. The One just loves to put him on top of a soap box and argue he's a mob so his underdog audience can feel they are being represented.

A million jokes? I would settle for 2 or 3 jokes that actually make me laugh in this farse. They are all just cringe and stupidly poorly constructed skits based on nothing but overexagerated facial expressions presented on the screen with jazz hands, there's no layering nor making a smart connection to their yakuza society. for instance, the guy fapping in his car and denying it to his boss while he's doing a surveillance job it's just pure cringe, there's no creativity, it's a random event dropped on the audience without an applause sign.
@Kimurah I think you are one of the people that really cant process slow plott development well. Youre expecting this show to hit you with jokes and huge storychunks right of the bet which seems rather weird to me. I mentioned these things because these are details they add to establish the characters. Things that put a character into perspective. And that is adding depth. Of course you cant expect to have this berserk level of backstory just yet so please hold your horses of making these statements.
May 8, 2:21 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang this guy is freaking PRO

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 11, 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
why get hurt if he could not?...
more like slice of life than comedy.. nice to watch but just to kill time like many I seen recently..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Fable Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11

40 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» Manga and Anime versions

omana - Apr 12

9 by wokparty »»
May 12, 10:58 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6

86 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 11, 5:28 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

22 by toralbabs »»
May 9, 10:09 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27

37 by Bisalissy »»
May 6, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.