Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 17, 11:07 AM
Mar 2024
UN EXCELLLENT DEBUT D OEUVRE , ON ESPERE LE MEILLEUR POUR LA SUITE DE L ANIME . JAI VRAIMENT BEAUCOUP AIME LE CONCEPT ET L ANIMATION EST MAGNIFIQUE
Apr 17, 1:26 PM
Oct 2019
one word: that was fucking good

not perfect by any means. but it his the comedy, the back story and world building, the inter personal relationships (mc and newbie). shit made me laugh and made me sad (not a "tearjerker", but i "felt" for the mc). and then the total shock of whatever tf happened at the end
Apr 17, 4:18 PM
Aug 2023
Is incredible!!!
Apr 17, 5:02 PM
Jan 2021
Damn! Episode 1 was dope! yet, I was hoping the plot would revolve around that cleaning force, but it seems that this is not gonna be that slice-of-life sci-fi I imagined!
Apr 17, 5:34 PM
Dec 2020
Very Good I like it
Apr 17, 9:45 PM
Aug 2018
Good episode that starts the series off pretty strong. We're given enough material to satisfy us and leave us wanting more. Strong Solo Leveling vibes.
Apr 18, 3:47 AM
Jan 2024
banger first episode. had me thinking...whens episode 2 airing
Apr 18, 5:46 AM
Mar 2012
cool animation. but where's the seasoning & cooking scenes? Machines art so fuzzy some weird filters.
Kafka good senpai. Rena strange tsundere but nice. crazy jujutsu like monsters fits the dark osts. His henshin too abrupt but looks cool. standard plot, guess most surprisingly part is the white tiger just totally random.
Apr 18, 7:01 AM
Oct 2018
For my surprise, it was a good first episode with a great animation, but, we will see how this evolve.
Apr 18, 8:39 AM
May 2015
That opening sequence with the music was so on point!
Apr 18, 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
I really like seeing Kafka and Leno interacting together! This first episode makes me want to read manga again, just sadly all my volumes are sealed in a absement few hundred km away. More Kaijuu!
Apr 18, 6:04 PM
Apr 2022
I've not read the manga before watching the 1st episode and I'm glad I didn't yet. I was shocked to see what happened in the episode and I'm already hyped for the next episode. Might even buy the 1st volume.
Apr 18, 9:01 PM
Apr 2021
fresh anime, good fresh story and overall is good
Apr 18, 10:13 PM

Dec 2022
What the hell... Poor guy. Seems interesting, let's see what will happen...
Apr 19, 3:09 AM

Sep 2014
Great first episode! Reminded me a little of Evangelion in terms of the cleaning duty.

I love Minas character type, stoic warrior princess is just always great.

I would not have minded if the dude stayed human and this was just about fighting Kaiju normally, but then this would be a different story I guess.
Comander-07Apr 19, 3:31 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 19, 3:21 AM

Dec 2022
The first half was kind of slow, like every other anime's episode 1, but shit gets real in the second half. The plot is very interesting, and the visuals are really good and gives me kinda aesthetic vibes. Gonna be a good one in this season, for sure.
Apr 19, 1:49 PM
Feb 2023
phenomenal first episode
Apr 19, 8:42 PM
May 2019
ending surprised me
Apr 19, 9:05 PM
Aug 2021
The Prologue was Fire tbh.The Animation was op too.Loved it.
Apr 19, 9:46 PM
Jan 2021
the animation is so prettyyyy
Apr 19, 11:22 PM
Dec 2022
sets up the tone of the show quite well
Apr 20, 1:00 AM
Aug 2023
it's just Attack on Titan with female Levi
Apr 20, 8:42 AM
Sep 2021
Was waiting patiently for its adaptation. It looks amazing. Want more of this.
Apr 20, 8:56 AM

Mar 2019
Enjoyed everything except for the music. Goddamn the soundtrack is awful.
Apr 20, 10:34 AM

May 2015
That nice lady has a tiger in her bedroom!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 20, 10:36 AM

Aug 2014
Not a fan of monster fighting shows all that much, but I went in blind anyway, and I'm surprised how much I liked it. Actually pretty good so far. Really intriguing episode with a nice twist, and much to look forward to. Couldn't have been happier; solid start.
YEROCKYApr 20, 10:49 AM
Apr 20, 11:02 AM

Jun 2020
Amazing episode!
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

May 2020
pretty good first episode
production ig did a good job
this was one of the big hyped up shows of this season
lets hope it lives up to the hype

Apr 20, 10:02 PM

Jan 2023
Already recommended this anime in the office and to some friends, not them knowing that I just watched the first episode in YT because I am sleepy last night and me finding my self loving the animation and the background story of the MC. Didn't expect the last part since I have zero knowledge about this, didn't watch any trailer or what just watch straight the first episode and I was hooked by it.

The last part, I didn't understand much but it was so funny HAHAHAHA I laugh so much because of the granpa passing by and his friend being frantic.
Apr 21, 3:41 AM
Aug 2023
it's just Attack on Titan with female Levi
Apr 21, 4:06 AM
Feb 2015
What a bad luck to have, cleaning horrible smell intestines, meet with Yojuu and finally becoming one himself. The world reminiscing me of Onepunch man .Quite motivating as well to not deceive yourself and the hope to achieve your dream, the end was lol though
Apr 21, 7:46 AM

Jun 2021
Haven't read the manga but, this is flashy af. Worth sticking around
Apr 21, 7:45 PM
Dec 2022
The art is a bit different from the manga (not as nice in the anime as the manga in my opinion) so that kind of threw me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the ED song, I was really hoping for a Japanese banger but I'm personally also not a One Republic fan but to each their own.

I think I like how the manga starts the story off better than the anime but overall I think the anime is doing a pretty decent job so far. I'm certainly excited to see some of the manga scenes animated so I'm excited to continue watching this anime.

In my opinion, I found some of the comedy scenes to be a little cringe however when I read them in the manga they were funny and not cringe so maybe it's just the animation style that made them a bit cringe?
Apr 27, 1:37 AM
Nov 2015
nothing special but not bad
Apr 27, 4:02 PM

Mar 2010
I can feel love in da air, I hope dat lad and gal meet up and have babies. ffs. twas a real fun fucking start.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 7:20 PM
Mar 2024
Manga give much more vibe
Apr 27, 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
Kafka and Ichikawa are hilarious together
Apr 29, 11:54 AM
Apr 2024
best Anime for 2024
May 2, 12:48 AM

Dec 2013
Decent first episode. It's cool having an older protagonist for once. Although the kaiju entering his mouth at the end felt really random.
May 3, 4:51 AM
Feb 2022
After 1 year i like this anime
May 3, 5:22 PM
Aug 2021
So far average everything. not bad not good just average.
May 4, 3:40 PM
May 2023
You are the king, Solo is your donkey
May 4, 6:11 PM
Apr 2024
pretty standard flat, was expecting more of it but i guess it's just starting
May 4, 9:35 PM
Dec 2014
best anime in spring 10/10
May 5, 10:23 AM
Feb 2021
This was a pretty good episode, very similar with Attack on Titan & Chainsaw Man. Since both of the main characters Kafka and Mina both started up to which I assume one of their family members died, decided to join the military force to fight Kaijus. But instead, both of them live two different lives where one fights a kaiju and the other has to clean after their mess and focusing on Kafka POV, you can really tell that he wants to be in the position where he wants to fight and protect everyone as well, and doesn’t have to clean after everyone’s mess. Even though he knew he was defenseless at that moment when his friend was gonna get eaten (which I honestly thought he was going to die right there and then, but it wasn’t that kind of anime) he still tried to find ways to defeat the monster. If it wasn’t for his friend to step in and save him he would’ve also died, so I guess they both return the favor, but now that he has an advantage to become a kaiju, this will feel vaguely similar to how chainsaw man started, and I can’t wait to see what happens in the next episode, brother vs sister.
May 5, 4:09 PM
Jun 2015
Solid first episode.

I was wondering where this would lead to. Our MC who leads a typical regular life, just working sleeping and eating. Then comes along another character that has the same dream as himself, only difference is our MC appears to be holding himself back.

The Kaiju appearance definitely came out of nowhere but added a lot of intensity. I thought the coworker was gonna die and that would be the motivator for our MC to join the Defense Force but nope! They didn’t leave each other behind!

As for that ending?! How the heck did our MC become a Kaiju????

Questions that I’m looking forward to finding the answer
May 7, 5:45 PM
Oct 2023
Interesting first episode. Bro just turned into a fucking Kaijou lmao.Which im not a big fan of this trope but Kafka really has a funny and likable personality.Im intrigued to see what this series has to offer
May 9, 5:01 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't read the synopsis so halfway through the episode I thought at his age of 27, like me lol, he'd find a renewed confidence to chase after his dream after failing once and then he'd actually make it through some dumb late blooming talent or something. But nah here's a power up for you handed on a platter. But that's just me though, I still like it so far.
May 10, 11:01 PM
Jun 2013
Off to a really good start and the clean up job seems like more hell than the fighting. I can't imagine chainsawing through all that shit. Reno also seems like a true bro already as his reaction was not to run away from kaiju Kafka but to help him run. Also the reaction both had after the transformation was gold.
May 11, 11:31 PM
Apr 2024
Character designs aren't that bad but they should improve it more. We need better visuals for the opening like version 2 in EP 7 - 12, it's also to great to hear western artist on an anime.
It's a proof that anime is really mainstream nowadays unlike before
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» So we agree that Kafka's "8" form is sexy, right?

VanVeleca - Yesterday

44 by Linda222 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

otakuweek - May 11

136 by antoninus_v »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Apr 20

232 by Dillemon »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Lowkey who else thinks this anime is hilarious as F?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 14

41 by deg »»
Yesterday, 8:02 AM

» I don't think some understand Kafka as a character.

MasterHavik - May 12

38 by Icceman »»
Yesterday, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.