Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
What a disastrous debut for Rin. She has some skills but she still needs to train and learn more on the basic racing rules.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 12, 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Rin get tunnel vision when she gets angry.
And it seems like the didn't teach her to rules of racing seeing all the flags she ignored or didn't understand the meaning of.
Well hopefully she gets some training and learns the rules a bit, she seemed to know what split streaming is but doesn't know how to use it for overtaking.
This episode was a big improvement from the last one but we still lack background information on a lot of characters.
Apr 12, 11:47 AM

Mar 2021
Really good episode even though Rin didn't have the best of debut races. I don't understand why Rin was disqualified for passing the race leader as am sure in real life you are allowed to unlap yourself if you are lapped.
Apr 12, 11:53 AM
May 2014
Reply to Reecey91
Really good episode even though Rin didn't have the best of debut races. I don't understand why Rin was disqualified for passing the race leader as am sure in real life you are allowed to unlap yourself if you are lapped.
@Reecey91 In IRL you can do it, but you cant obstruct the other car.
Apr 12, 12:21 PM
Sep 2015
This anime urgently needs to have a story that take place outside the race track. We can't have a race going on without knowing which character we should root for.
Apr 12, 1:19 PM

Feb 2007
What kind of dumb rules don't allow you to take back being lapped?
Apr 12, 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
"So you do have friends..."
"Friends?"
"Friends."
"Yeah, friends!"

And the best dialogue award goes to...
Apr 12, 1:42 PM

Apr 2019
Perhaps I gave this anime a chance because of tte similarity with the Red Bull x2019 Gran Turismo car, perhaps because it is something very different from any other anime in this season perhaps just because I felt like, however it does feel very bad.
It tries to give you some insights about racing, such as tires degradation and flag colors but you lose completely when you see that the protagonist is a driver who doesn't know the rules of a race and get surprised with yellow flag and overtaking rules. She was completely lost and the narrative want to show us that she got potencial to defeat the best drivers, however it's very hard to empathize with such a contradictory pace and character introduction.
I was not expecting it to be great since it's from the same studio of the figure anime girl but still I'm getting surprised on how badly it's written and edited.
Apr 12, 3:05 PM
Mar 2020
I'm generally very generous towards anime but this episode just... So bad.

Look, I know the anime don't want to give Rin some anime protagonist plot armor but making her very dumb and oblivious towards the basic racing rules is just very bad decision at least make her car bad or something because wtf am I watching, IRL she should've been banned, she's Yuji Ide level of competence right now.

Also, people that didn't at least watch F1 might gonna be having a hard time with this anime, knowing that this is not a Cyber Formula 1:1 clone, the racing is fairly realistic so won't have cars exploding or constant overtakeing, that's where this anime excels, the racing, because it is fairly realistic for SF racing genre.

But the rating is too brutally low (Which might comes from non racing fans), this might be potentially a great anime but there might be more painful and cringe moments awaits us.

And believe me, racing IRL is mostly boring and stalemate, it was mostly something else that keeps me invested in motorsports, not the racing itself.

Anyway, Rin got DSQed because she ignored the blue flag (Maybe a multiple of times) and obstructing Queen's race.
Apr 12, 4:13 PM
Nov 2008
Watch to the end.
The last 10 seconds are a rotating 3D model of each of the cars.
Ep 1 was Falk's and Ep 2 was Rin's.
Perhaps Ep3 will have Queen's?
Apr 12, 6:36 PM

Nov 2010
  • It was better than the first episode.
  • The narrator is a big name.
  • I don't want to see Yostar's CM stickers anymore. Is there any adblocker to hide them?
Apr 12, 7:33 PM
Nov 2017
I started watching it with a lot of excitement, because I'm a fan of F1 and racing, but right in the first episode came the shower of cold water, CG anime, apart from the ugly trait, the animation is truncated and looks more like a video game of those low budget. I don't know if I can make it until the fourth episode, I'll just give it one more chance, because the story doesn't have it, the plot is weak and there are other much better racing anime out there.
Apr 13, 1:10 AM
Sep 2022
she's like Esteban Ocon on Interlagos, when Ocon got overlapped by Verstappen but Ocon crashing with Verstappen on the first turn
Apr 13, 2:22 AM
May 2021
For a racing anime they sure made the racing pretty damn boring.
Apr 13, 4:45 AM
Jul 2020
Bit better than first episode. Still, only thing that keeping me with this anime is Kanata.
Apr 13, 6:51 AM
Mar 2021
It's pretty obvious the writers didn't even attempt to use math for the lap times, lead times, gaps, pit stops, etc... Nothing even matches up with what is shown, let alone physics
Grayson_CarlyleApr 13, 6:56 AM
Apr 13, 8:49 AM

Mar 2022
Oof, our girl Rin seem to have neither the rules nor the controls and system down which were there to help the drivers. I couldn't help but face palm at how clueless she was.

Also, somewhere in the earlier race she got passed once despite starting last, still have no idea what that was.
Apr 13, 9:10 AM
Sep 2019
LightningC04 said:
Also, somewhere in the earlier race she got passed once despite starting last, still have no idea what that was.

That was likely a different strategies situation
Apr 13, 11:53 AM

Jul 2020
So ehm wtf....

How are you even allowed on a race track without knowing what a yellow flag is and with it entails. I geuss they wanted to explain it to none racing fans that are watching the show but I'm pretty sure there are better ways to do it. Like letting the commentators explain what it means when it happened or something idk.

Also how tf does she not realize shes in last place, shes litterly been there for the whole race.

I'm giving this a few more episodes before I drop it but so far it doesnt feel like its gonna get any better. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to this show.

Apr 13, 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
Lol, they made a Trulli train reference. I didn't see that one coming.
Apr 13, 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
my favorite part of this is probably the 2 AI divas talking lol
we also got a bit more action from the 3 girls, which made it slightly better than ep1

that being said, it's still one of the main contenders for drop, specially since i never cared for races
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 14, 12:05 AM
Mar 2015
Typical of competitive anime, the rookie loses in her first competition... but she has shown potential.
Apr 14, 3:05 AM
May 2018
Boring, cliche, no creativity
Apr 14, 8:06 AM
Apr 2014
It's creative...but only in how to fit as many advertisements on the screen as possible lmao
Apr 14, 5:32 PM
Nov 2023
The racing scenes are extremely dull. First of all, it is often compared to Future GPX Cyber Formula, but it is so poor that it should not be compared. The depiction of boosting, etc. is also weak.
Apr 16, 10:43 PM

Dec 2019
Well, this episode was certainly better than the first one, but a lot of it was still just boring-ass racing with some crappy commentary on top. At least now we have a proper protagonist.

Plot is extremely predictable, though: protagonist starts off terribly and ends up being the GOAT by the end, it's rather obvious.

Also, VR Chat sponsors this anime? That's a new one.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 17, 12:11 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
The final part where Rin calms down and manages to overcome the king moved me very much
Apr 21, 12:29 PM

Jun 2020
I still don’t understand how he doesn’t know almost any rules its one think her being nervous she literally dont know anything
Apr 22, 12:51 AM

Jul 2017
This may be Rin Rindo's debut, and of course she would want to make a good impression on her first race in the Middle East. But otherwise from a rather disastrous start, she is not cutting corners, much less saying about the Izanami sisters who want to challenge the race leaders, both the King and Queen who retains their positions well into the race. Oh well, a rookie like her who wants to overtake so badly, even if it's the driver in front of her or the King that has overtaken her by one lap with the rest following behind, she just does not want to admit defeat.

For someone who has always played racing sims, being in a real race is a lot different than in games. That said, this show really needs to pick up on its plot.
Apr 22, 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
a racing gamer that become a real racer reminds me of that true story about gran turismo movie

but welp she got disqualified in her debut
May 7, 6:28 PM
Feb 2021
As I said before, this is just your typical racing anime... there's nothing much to it. It feels like I'm watching a nascar race for the first time and I'm 100% sure that every episode is going to be like that.

The AI cars feel pointless and just down right rude. Ofc Rin was losing form the start after she spun out, but to have the car acknowledge your failures instead of giving advice is completely useless to me.

Rin: "Ami, I'm about to pass this car in front of me"

Ami: "Okay, I wish you the best of luck..."

Anyways it was an okay episode. The flashbacks of her past should be explained more than the race to be honest, because there's nothing about this character that I find amusing what-so-ever.

Also the lady Chitose wasn't much help either, I remember her saying to Genjirou that she hated that guy with the green shirt and headset.... BUT WHY THO? because he said nothing? is it because he's in another team? or what? the color of his skin, like what? Either that will or will not be explained to me who knows... and come to think of it, she and none of the crew told Rin any tips for her debut besides the hard cold truth really...

"Oh why take a pit stop? Idk, it'll add more to your time, besides your in last place as it is"

Which I guess this can be taken anyway you view it- but I'm ranting at this point lol. Regardless of my rants, I'll just use this show as a time killer unless there's a story here, cuz its just nothing but racing rn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 8 Discussion

Aversa - Yesterday

5 by cuhoangdk »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 17

14 by LightningC04 »»
May 23, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

63 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 23, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Highspeed Etoile Episode 5 Discussion

Aversa - May 3

23 by L01MK »»
May 20, 11:49 AM

» Is it that bad?

Spunkert - May 10

11 by SgtBateMan »»
May 18, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.