Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 11, 4:14 AM
Nov 2023
Im not really into the organized crime genre i get bored of it really fast but i have been hearing good things about this anime. Will it bore me?
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
I think the unique way of Ryogo Narita's storytelling will most likely make up for the fact that you're not that into the crime genre. It's a fantastic watch imo
Apr 11, 5:09 AM

Jun 2021
Baccano storytelling is unique compared to other animes but confusing at the same time. So, first few episodes are kind of difficult for first time watcher but by the end of the series all the plot points are somehow gets connected. I think everyone should experience Baccano atleast once even if they don't like it in the end because you don't get to see anime like this everyday.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Apr 12, 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
I recommended this anime to a lot of friends because I thought they would like it but that wasn't the case, so I have a rough idea how to properly answer your question. I will give you reasons why I and some of them liked it and why the others didn't. Take a look and decide what describes you the best.

Reasons why I like it: nonlinear narrative, multiple eccentric main characters, storylines and timelines and on top of that they are all very chaotic. The main part is the unique storytelling that has a really high rewatch value. I watched this anime multiple times and every time I figured out something new. This is also why you kinda need to concentrate and pay attention to what you are watching because the first few episodes will be very confusing. OST and action are also very good.

Reasons why some of my friends didn't like it: too chaotic, confusing, they prefer just watch something to relax after work/school or watching multiple shows at once so when they come back to this they don't have any idea what's happening, didn't have the patience to reach the later parts of the anime where crazy shit starts happening and plot twists, too much gore.

So as you see, I think whether the story is about organized crime or not is the last thing you should worry about since the show is unique in it's own way. If you do end up watching it, try to watch the whole thing; only then do you make sense of the whole storyline. Quitting it midway is just a waste of your time since you will feel like you didn't watch anything coherent.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Feb 2024
Koalapanda1018 said:
Will it bore me?
No, it's fun. It's more of buffoonery/farce than a crime genre imo.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Nov 17, 2007

145 by Omega1Mastemon »»
Apr 30, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Siing - Nov 24, 2007

400 by Randomega »»
Apr 27, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Oct 30, 2007

130 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 21, 2007

143 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.