Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 10, 8:06 PM
Jun 2023
I want to start this by saying I have prided myself on never crying to a piece of media in all my 21 years of life. Often times when I hear people say a show is sad I watch it to prove to myself that it can't make me cry. Some shows have gotten me watery eyed before like Violet Evergarden and One Piece but I never shed a tear. I am happy to say that this show has finally ended that 21 year long streak with episode 18 and it didn't only get me once, but it got me twice in the same episode. Like I said in the title I hope this isn't annoying because this type of post is common or something, but I felt that it was significant enough for me share it with everyone. Thank you for your time.
Apr 20, 5:21 PM

Jun 2015
I can share in that. The Clannad visual novel and anime adaptation had me ugly crying , like struggling to breathe crying, sniffling and snot running down my face crying, I was an emotional wreck! The attachment I felt to the characters over 65 hours of reading the visual novel and watching the anime... The story felt real, like it happened to someone close to me and that I knew personally. Clannad is really special to me and I haven't had an experience similar to it since. I'm planning on finishing the other Key visual novels since I really enjoyed what Clannad had to offer. Truth be told I could never reread or rewatch Clannad... because the moment I hear the Snowfield OST tears well up in my eyes and I start crying again.
Apr 20, 5:40 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

Excuse me for chuckling a bit, because that's how I felt too @Ricdumb

No anime had ever made me cry before but as soon as I saw that Ushio toy scene and train scene I cried for the first time because of anime.

Glad you shared your experience here, have a wonderful day ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 20, 6:25 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Rinrinka

Excuse me for chuckling a bit, because that's how I felt too @Ricdumb

No anime had ever made me cry before but as soon as I saw that Ushio toy scene and train scene I cried for the first time because of anime.

Glad you shared your experience here, have a wonderful day ^.^
@Rinrinka Yup it was those exact scenes. I knew what she was going to say during the toy scene and it still got me.
Apr 28, 7:30 PM
Aug 2009
Reply to Ricdumb
@Rinrinka Yup it was those exact scenes. I knew what she was going to say during the toy scene and it still got me.
The toy part gets me, but the train section makes me cry like a little girl. That single scene when Tomoya finally acknowledges Nagisa's death broke me and still does to this day, 14 years after I first saw this masterpiece.
Apr 30, 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
I remember back when I watched the show or at least I can recall crying on the episode where they reveal Ushio and she's a little tiny nagisa and then on episode 18 both for the toy and the train scene

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.