Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
Interesting start, I wonder just how much we will venture into the supernatural side of this world.
Not a fan of the inconsistent characterization of the slaver captain, though.
NidhoeggrApr 8, 8:12 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 7, 12:20 PM
Aug 2021
The fact this gives me Berserk x Vinland vibes already sold me. Really invested to see how this goes.
Apr 7, 12:50 PM

Aug 2023
Really promising and an amazing first chapter.
Apr 7, 12:56 PM
Dec 2023
Well let's see what direction it takes. First chapter was good but it's just start so let's hope it's stays good or become maybe even better.
Apr 7, 4:42 PM

Jul 2021
Well quite expected that happened with the baby and the slave, calm before the storm. Setting is interesting though and the exploration should be interesting enough.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 7, 5:13 PM

May 2021
Had some stilted dialogue and felt too blunt with its themes at times, but goddamn if the rest of it wasn’t really damn good. I’m a slut for stories with familial themes and for depressing stories which nonetheless ask us to see the good in such a cruel world, so sufficed to say I’m hooked
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Apr 7, 7:44 PM

Apr 2022
out of all the manga i've followed from the first chapter, this might be the best one. it was expected that something bad would happen to mira but its still rough and also how all the slaves died protecting them. really like the art and the setting, this has potential so let's see how far julien's journey goes.
Apr 7, 10:12 PM

Aug 2021
So far, this seems very similar to Vinland Saga and To Your Eternity. I'm definitely interested in what more it has to offer.
Apr 8, 12:13 AM

Sep 2015
I really liked the mc's introduction and the premise of the story. Let's see how the mangaka handles the world building and the route our duotagonists are gonna take... The whole thing just gave me a "Lone Wolf and Cub"esque vibe? idk! For now I'm hooked.
Apr 8, 4:46 AM

Jul 2010
Yeaaaaah not reading another babysitting story

Would have been an okayish premise without a baby MC needs to care about
Apr 8, 5:07 AM

Dec 2019
This manga hit me kinda hard, it started off super bleak, depressing and brutal. I think it'll be good, but the whole plot justification here feels a bit rushed, like the mangaka tried to get it done with as fast as possible.

Can't tell if the protagonist is a guy or a girl, or whether they had been in that ship ship for a few days or for months, considering they developed a close bond with Mira.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 8, 7:12 AM
Dec 2020
ImNotAnOtaku1 said:
This manga hit me kinda hard, it started off super bleak, depressing and brutal. I think it'll be good, but the whole plot justification here feels a bit rushed, like the mangaka tried to get it done with as fast as possible.

Can't tell if the protagonist is a guy or a girl, or whether they had been in that ship ship for a few days or for months, considering they developed a close bond with Mira.

yeah same thoughts here
Apr 8, 12:45 PM
Oct 2020
Ok very promising start. I agree with those saying Berserk x Vinland vibes though I haven't read Berserk. This seems very much like my kind of story. I really really hope this doesn't get axed. If it does I'll be pretty sad.
Apr 9, 7:47 PM
Mar 2024
I thought the mc was a girl at first lol he's a trap. This manga is Berserk x Vinland Saga x To Your Eternity Combined 4/5
Apr 9, 11:25 PM
Nov 2022
Predictable and boring AF.
This recent fad for dark manga series (Astrobaby, Navigatoria, Dear Anemone, Goze Hotaru, Ankoku Delta, Gift of Poison . . .) is getting annoying.
Apr 11, 10:49 AM
Jan 2024
A strong start for tohru's first manga. The slave theme was annoying at first. I enjoyed the problems steming from thier situation and the evenual inquiry for value of human life.Julian was intriguing with his reflection on things he has yet to experience. For a slave he was undoubtedly the most reckless. I didn't know what to make of Mira but by the chapters end she
Was a hero yet the logistics of force birthing Diana still disturb me. Realizing the insane amount of power the sea beast have was exciting and the best curve ball of the chapter. I'm still hoping that Julian's gift evolves in some way. Can't wait to see how Diana recives the gift as well. I also agree that kuramori was rushing the subject along to get to whatever they actually want the story to be about. Now I'm left abit empty with too many questions.
Apr 11, 7:20 PM
Sep 2021
i seriously think this is in the makings of a next less dark beserk
Apr 14, 2:41 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to MackynnnCheese
I thought the mc was a girl at first lol he's a trap. This manga is Berserk x Vinland Saga x To Your Eternity Combined 4/5
@MackynnnCheese At first glance it looks like Senku Dr. Stone šŸ˜…
Apr 15, 4:16 PM
Sep 2021
Figglypuff said:
The fact this gives me Berserk x Vinland vibes already sold me. Really invested to see how this goes.

righttt, i was thinking the same
Apr 21, 9:28 PM

Feb 2017
Decent start, like the premise but some of the writing was a bit wonky. Felt like it could've benefited from going a bit slower. This first chapter is also kinda weirdly similar to another new shonen jump manga, Astro baby.
Probably just a funny coincidence though.
Apr 24, 11:53 AM

Apr 2015
The art is superb and this has got to be the best first chapter I've read in a while.
Super stoked for this, Reminds me of Vinland Saga, Berserk. Hope this turns into a promising title.
May 13, 10:22 AM
May 2024
The first chapter was intresting and had a okey start for a story to build of. The problem laid in the pacing of all the reletionships that formed, they went by so quick so they started to feel very shallow, more time spent whith the characters would do some good or atleast showing the passing of time better. The only other thing would be that the ritual summoning/blessing could be more cryptic. But the Manga looks intresting and i will be reading more and will surely come to love it. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centuria Chapter 6 Discussion

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 13

2 by ryzxgum »»
May 13, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Centuria Chapter 5 Discussion

Rexnihilo - May 5

6 by ravingLimey »»
May 7, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Centuria Chapter 4 Discussion

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 2

2 by Noclueofme »»
May 2, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Centuria Chapter 3 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Apr 21

12 by Irshiki »»
Apr 24, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Centuria Chapter 2 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Apr 14

4 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Apr 23, 5:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.