Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 7, 9:47 AM
Jun 2022
Is there going to be a simuldub , or even a dub ? I have not watched this anime or 2008 version but desperately want to and i enjoy romantic animes more in English language even sometimes when the dub isn't that good as well . So i just want to know
Apr 7, 10:04 AM
Dec 2020
its popular, so the dub will be 2 weeks behind
Apr 7, 11:12 AM
Jan 2024
really this anime needs a dub
Apr 8, 3:58 PM
Dec 2023
It is expected that JMichael Tatum and Brina Palencia will reprise their roles for the remake as they are currently narrating the ongoing English audiobooks, and let me tell you that when you hear Brina as Holo The Wise Wolf you will be totally immersed in this show, the original is one of the best dubs ever made. JMichael is also awesome as Lawrence, in general his performance is a bit softer than the Japanese VA which works better for me, I don't really like it when the Japanese VA for Lawrence sounds commanding all the time. I also think the Japanese VA for Holo does not sound as mature as Brina, and a wise wolf god should sound mature.

Honestly if these VA don't return I might have to drop the show :( it sounds extreme but in current form the characters are not the ones I love. I am really hoping for an announcement on Friday.
Yorda_tricoApr 8, 4:01 PM
Apr 9, 10:53 PM
Sep 2022
Not to disrespect Jun Fukuyama as I do love him as Lelouch, but the issue is whenever he's voicing a different character, all I hear is that again lol
Apr 10, 12:12 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Greenness
Not to disrespect Jun Fukuyama as I do love him as Lelouch, but the issue is whenever he's voicing a different character, all I hear is that again lol
@Greenness funny because I watched spice and Wolf before code Geass for me Jun Fukuyama is only Yuuta Togashi as it was the most recognizable role I remember from him at that time. Also Naoto Takayama those two roles are what I heard most when I hear him.
Apr 10, 2:05 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Yorda_trico
It is expected that JMichael Tatum and Brina Palencia will reprise their roles for the remake as they are currently narrating the ongoing English audiobooks, and let me tell you that when you hear Brina as Holo The Wise Wolf you will be totally immersed in this show, the original is one of the best dubs ever made. JMichael is also awesome as Lawrence, in general his performance is a bit softer than the Japanese VA which works better for me, I don't really like it when the Japanese VA for Lawrence sounds commanding all the time. I also think the Japanese VA for Holo does not sound as mature as Brina, and a wise wolf god should sound mature.

Honestly if these VA don't return I might have to drop the show :( it sounds extreme but in current form the characters are not the ones I love. I am really hoping for an announcement on Friday.
@Yorda_trico SAME FOR ME. They were together in Black Butler too
Apr 12, 6:14 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to DoctaMax
@Yorda_trico SAME FOR ME. They were together in Black Butler too
@DoctaMax

I am pretty sad today, I thought this would have been announced months ago, but here we are 2 weeks after the first episode air and not only is there no timeline for the dub, we don't even know if Brina and JMichael are doing it.

To be honest I would just love to know it was happening even it was going to be a long wait. It was fun to watch Episode 1 even in Japanese because it was interesting to see changes/ new animation style, but episode 2 did not interest me because I want to hear Brina and JMIchael now.
Apr 12, 9:34 PM
Feb 2021
If or when there is a dub, I hope they don't change her name to "Horo" again. Her name is "Holo" not "Horo."
Apr 13, 12:50 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Yorda_trico
@DoctaMax

I am pretty sad today, I thought this would have been announced months ago, but here we are 2 weeks after the first episode air and not only is there no timeline for the dub, we don't even know if Brina and JMichael are doing it.

To be honest I would just love to know it was happening even it was going to be a long wait. It was fun to watch Episode 1 even in Japanese because it was interesting to see changes/ new animation style, but episode 2 did not interest me because I want to hear Brina and JMIchael now.
@Yorda_trico Me too. Thats why i didnt watch the first two epi as i was expecting a dub. well lets wait. we have waited 15 yrs, u know
Apr 15, 9:28 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to DoctaMax
@Yorda_trico Me too. Thats why i didnt watch the first two epi as i was expecting a dub. well lets wait. we have waited 15 yrs, u know
@DoctaMax

dub airs tonight, Brina and JMichael confirmed :D :D :D :D
Apr 15, 12:32 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to Yorda_trico
@DoctaMax

dub airs tonight, Brina and JMichael confirmed :D :D :D :D
@Yorda_trico YOU MADE MY DAY BROTHER, THANKS A BUNCH.
Apr 15, 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
In the original I was a bit put off by Holo in the dub, but JMT is a legend, so I'll definitely give this a try.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 2:08 PM

Dec 2009
For the official news from Crunchyroll
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/announcements/2024/4/15/spice-and-wolf-merchant-meets-the-wise-wolf-anime-english-dub-cast-crew-release-date

I guess it'll start releasing every Monday.
The first episode is already available in English.

I'm so happy because I personally prefer the English Holo. Her voice fits Holo's demeanor so much better. The original sounds too cute and childish.
Apr 15, 4:00 PM
Dec 2023
Just finished watching and damn the episode felt 10x more magical on this watch, I am sure the Japanese VAs are great too but as an English speaker I just get so much more out of this hearing Brina and J.Michael, the world really comes alive!!

Very happy and Monday is now my favourite day!
Apr 15, 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
I doublechecked, and there's just something off about Holo in the original, but both of them seem to have aged like fine wine in the remake.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 10:22 PM
Feb 2020
please, the person is asking if there will be a dub or not. this isn’t a time to give your opinion about how sub is better. They both do a great job and i just finished the episode in dub and the performance was very enjoyable. definitely worth the wait!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

33 by Meta_Yoshi »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

74 by MegamiRem »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

122 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Apr 29

97 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 4:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.