Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 11:26 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to swagxmagician
The 5th best isekai of the season is back with an average first episode. Nice
@swagxmagician weird way to say the best isekai with a great ep
Apr 7, 11:28 AM
Jun 2023
perfect anime for me
Apr 7, 11:30 AM
Jul 2021
rolopolo78 said:

If you think this show is even close to slime or Konosuba you should stop watching anime. It’s below Aristocrat reincarnation currently too. 7th prince isn’t technically an isekai but it’s a reincarnation and it’s better too. Episode was 5/10.
Apr 7, 11:30 AM

Jul 2021
yup i was expecting to get jump scared from that doll and i almost did haha.

its good to have the GOAT back. pretty fun episode. we picked up right where we left off 6 months back. i feel it really hard to imagine that 6 months are finally over, april is here and i've watched new episode already.

it warms my heart seeing every rudy x slyphie romantic scene. so happy for rudy

10/10. looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 7, 11:32 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to swagxmagician
rolopolo78 said:

If you think this show is even close to slime or Konosuba you should stop watching anime. It’s below Aristocrat reincarnation currently too. 7th prince isn’t technically an isekai but it’s a reincarnation and it’s better too. Episode was 5/10.
@swagxmagician what's your reasoning? i only see an uncultured person talking

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Apr 7, 11:32 AM

Dec 2019
Way too many 1s already for an episode that wasn't even that controversial.
Apr 7, 11:34 AM
Oct 2023
Question does nanahoshi ever find out that it was rudues that was tryna save her in the beginning??
Apr 7, 11:34 AM
Jul 2021
lighthalzen-kun said:

I have more days watched so my opinion matters more than yours
Apr 7, 11:36 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to Esense
Most overhyped is*kei is back. Love how hard this series tries to portray "comfy" relationships when it's bereft of any genuine emotion, especially involving the MC's contrived love life. The worst of them of course being his relationship with Sylphie which is founded almost entirely on a fraudulent bedrock:

>Fall in love at first sight with the child MC because this is a self-insert power fantasy
>The MC is so impossibly, unrealistically dense he can't recognize you in a vizor because the plot is founded on stupid character decisions and conveniences
>You are so impossibly, unrealistically asocial that you're incapable of revealing your identity for no convincing reason thus you initiate a forced "will they won't they" dynamic because the plot is founded on stupid character decisions and conveniences
>Once you finally muster the courage to do so (only thanks to an accomplice), the MC immediately falls in love with you for no other reason than you were childhood friends despite the fact that he couldn't even recognize you wearing a vizor and started seeing you as a dude
>MC cures his teenage ED and immediately decides he wants to spend the rest of his life you

Also, it looks like production values won't go back to their S1 self, which is a problem because having decent production values compared to other isekai + shock value controversy were the reasons it even stood out and became popular.
@Esense funny for a frieren fan to open his mouth about the improbable asociability and denseness of a character

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
Apr 7, 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
Reply to swagxmagician
lighthalzen-kun said:

@swagxmagician probably bloated with random trash if your favorites tell us something

Apr 7, 11:38 AM
Oct 2019
Poor Sylphie, so good, too bad Rudeus is a scoundrel, the episode was cool
Apr 7, 11:38 AM
Jul 2021
lighthalzen-kun said:
@swagxmagician probably bloated with random trash if your favorites tell us something

If one piece is in your favorites you have bad tastes. Midshoku is objectively the grandfather behind every bad trope in isekai, so it’s therefore bad itself
Apr 7, 11:47 AM

Apr 2011
It feels so weird seeing the house for real. I've read so much about it, but I guess I had never really set an image for it in my mind. Some of the rooms inside, yes. But the house, as it looked from outside, I guess I just never really imagined how it would look.
Apr 7, 11:50 AM
Feb 2024
We've got another episode of How To Love Your Elf Bride already? This season is LIT!
Apr 7, 12:00 PM

Apr 2023
Ngl I swore I got gassed watching the previous season bcoz it felt like "slice of life'', after having watched this first episode I can be certain if the gas runs out I'll refill it myself.

Apr 7, 12:04 PM
Mar 2023
happy it's back, but kind of boring episode ngl
Apr 7, 12:08 PM
Apr 2017
It was very good, although it skipped some semi-important details from the light novel, it's a good start for a new cour/ continuation for the 2nd season
Apr 7, 12:15 PM
Jun 2020
Sylphie is so goddamn cuteeeeeeeeeee

Apr 7, 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
Reply to Kamquat420
Ngl I swore I got gassed watching the previous season bcoz it felt like "slice of life'', after having watched this first episode I can be certain if the gas runs out I'll refill it myself.
@Kamquat420 what's the problem with slice of life?

Apr 7, 12:33 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to swagxmagician
lighthalzen-kun said:

swagxmagician said:
someone actually said that😳
Apr 7, 12:44 PM
Dec 2023
Didn't ask. Mega horny why the fuck
Apr 7, 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
Another rough as hell episode. He's in heat meow! Cringe.

I assume this will be another wasted season of garbage, but this time instead of limp dicking his way through school, he'll play house instead.
Apr 7, 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to mshfqtny
swagxmagician said:
someone actually said that😳
@mshfqtny People who have literally only seen 5 anime, voting 1s and 10s on everything, pretty much ruins the usefulness of the rating system.
Apr 7, 12:53 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to MangagnaM
Way too many 1s already for an episode that wasn't even that controversial.
@MangagnaM 140 now lol. Clearly there are bots here cause this is crazy skewing right here
Apr 7, 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad we're starting out the series in the most thematically correct way. By placing virgin blood inside the shrine of a pair of underaged-looking panties...truly, Mushoku Tensei gives no regard to what it's doing at all.
Apr 7, 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The house and the mechanical doll looked a lot different than what I expected reading the books. Specially the house.

Nice to have Mushoku back. Looking forward to seeing if they continue with the good adaptation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 1:09 PM

Dec 2017
Once again, the small and short moments where they take their time talking and exploring into even the little things and manage to make viewers curious about the surroundings reminded me why I like this anime so much. Helps that Rudeus himself is also curious about quite a lot of things lol.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Apr 7, 1:17 PM
May 2019
Why are there so many 1 star ratings? I didn't know there was such a hate squad for this masterpiece of a series.
Apr 7, 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Mystyc_Cheez
Why are there so many 1 star ratings? I didn't know there was such a hate squad for this masterpiece of a series.
@Mystyc_Cheez Most definitely someone with bots spamming them against the series.
Apr 7, 1:42 PM

Jun 2023
My man is back!!

Love Zanoba and Rudy’s antics.
Apr 7, 1:52 PM

Jun 2016
Finally
I really missed Rinia and Sylphy

p.s. 143 1 star votes (19,9%) seem a suspicious amount of negative votes.
Apr 7, 2:04 PM
Oct 2023
why was this episode so edgy? Where is the story?
Apr 7, 2:13 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
This mf Rudeus cut the blood stained sheets LMAO

Apr 7, 2:14 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to _gt_ohn
@classykevin If Volume 12 is animated within this cour (99% sure it will), then no it won't be all slow. In order to avoid spoiling, let met just say that Volume 12 is called
by most.
@_gt_ohn ty, dont care about spoilers
Apr 7, 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
Been a hot minute since I've read the books. Well adapted episode. I think they left some things out that aren't that important
Both of them are still quite young and are faced with the hardships of adulthood and what that entails. It was a bit strange for Sylphi to talk about how many kids she wants to have and in the same scene mention that she is planning to leave with Ariel for Asura in two years... those two wants do not align but as for now that's in the far future.
Apr 7, 2:25 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 7, 2:27 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sokah
@mshfqtny People who have literally only seen 5 anime, voting 1s and 10s on everything, pretty much ruins the usefulness of the rating system.
@Sokah that is not what he meant

He said that he's opinion holds more value because he watched more anime which is one of the most stupidest thing I've heard in a while

By his opinion all of your opinion will be inferior to me because I have more 'days' on my profile
mshfqtnyApr 7, 3:27 PM
Apr 7, 2:30 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Part 2!

There was never an illustration of the house in the LN, so I was excited to see what it looked like and holly I had something completely different in mind thinking it would be a more normal house and not such a huge thing xD
Apr 7, 2:32 PM
May 2017
Reply to Paulternative
We've got another episode of How To Love Your Elf Bride already? This season is LIT!
@Paulternative Thank you for the sagacious comment!
Apr 7, 2:35 PM
Apr 2021
Do you have any idea about Rudy's current age ?
Apr 7, 2:37 PM
May 2017
Reply to -DxP-
Part 2!

There was never an illustration of the house in the LN, so I was excited to see what it looked like and holly I had something completely different in mind thinking it would be a more normal house and not such a huge thing xD
@-DxP- Think about a man getting serious about his wife-to-be...
Apr 7, 2:44 PM
Feb 2024
leonardobarba said:
@Paulternative Thank you for the sagacious comment!

I live to serve ;).
Apr 7, 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
Sylphy marveling at the house she's going to get in her divorce haha.🤣

Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to 3033
Do you have any idea about Rudy's current age ?
@3033 Rudy is currently around 16 years old.
Apr 7, 2:55 PM
Mar 2024
Boring as Schneider 2/10
Apr 7, 2:57 PM
Nov 2022
He's back!!
Rudeus but now without erectile dysfunction, lets gooo!

God, what a beautiful relationship Rudeus and Sylphie have, I'm going to get diabetes if they are like this the entire season xd.

Literally his first thought when he saw a self-contained doll was silicone self-contained maids? bruh.
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Dec 2019
Here it is, continuation of the BEST Isekai ever. I hope the lockdown anime tourists will stop keeping up in this sequal, that way ppl won't get discouraged from watching MT. The house is way larger than I had imagined. And that jumpscare really made me jump, which literally never happens with anime
Apr 7, 3:07 PM
Jul 2015
It was exceedingly mid.
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Aug 2023
DrHizzle said:
@Esense Bait used to be believable
rolopolo78 said:
@Esense gotta write better bait man. It's getting way too obvious now

"Any adverse take pointing out flaws about my favorite show must be bait." Cope. This series is just objectively bad in a lot of ways and gets outclassed by every other popular isekai. S2P1 was literally indefensible.
Apr 7, 3:22 PM
Jul 2022
This season will be peak🙏🙏💯
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5

248 by curvedtree »»
1 hour ago

» Episode 18 (Cour 2 Ep 6) Preview images

MangagnaM - Yesterday

8 by xZabuzax »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

175 by Jinzoo_V1 »»
4 hours ago

» It now get even more disappointing.

Chanki_33 - May 5

42 by dabdabgoose »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

188 by lolohome »»
May 7, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.