Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to Inexplicable
so what, they use bb guns and don't actually kill each other? guess I was wrong to expect a loli massacre
@Inexplicable They use live rounds(I'm pretty sure that transfer notice was listing the calibers). They're just absolute bullet sponges.
Apr 7, 11:36 AM

Oct 2023
As a non-player, I think they described what Blue Archive is through this episode well.
Apr 7, 11:48 AM
Dec 2021
This is the only thing they adapted wrong. It should be🟦
Kakeru_00115Apr 7, 12:21 PM
Apr 7, 11:52 AM
Feb 2019
Reply to KokonaCunny420
god that was so peak. Also love how they showed how all characters change because of sensei.

ALSO MAJOR PLOT POINT

SHIROKO'S PANTIES ARE WHITE
@KokonaCunny420 Every BA characters have their panties revealed by dataminers who datamined the chibi models.
Apr 7, 11:54 AM
Dec 2020
ITS JUST SO PEAK
AND THEY GOT DOODLE SENSEI EASTER EGG BROOOO
THEY'RE ASKIN FOR IT TO BE THE FIRST PLACE ANIME IN MAL WE MUST DO IT
RnonsenseguyApr 7, 12:05 PM
Apr 7, 11:56 AM
Mar 2018
Cute and funny 😭😭😭
Apr 7, 12:07 PM
May 2023
Dayum that was a really really good episode. I enjoyed the beautiful opening, along with those beautiful girls. It has so much, while staying true to the original. PEAK ARCHIVE UOHHGGHH!!!!
Apr 7, 12:17 PM
Nov 2022
off to a nice start!
Apr 7, 12:22 PM
Dec 2022
Hella amazing! Better than I thought. I am a fan and a new player in the game so this surpassed my expectations. 9.5/10.
Apr 7, 12:32 PM

Mar 2011
Fanboys inflating average score, not surprised at all. First episode showed absolutely nothing that deserves more than 7/10. Above average OST was the best part.
Apr 7, 12:33 PM

Mar 2017
THAT WAS GREAAAATTT, PEAK ARCHIVE LETS GOOOO.

That aside, I wish Sensei's command were more actually like good strategy instead of mentioning the obvious but this is the first episode anyway, and it's already looking great. They also did great job with showing us the girls from other schools. I cannot wait already for the next episode. 5/5.
Apr 7, 12:38 PM

Mar 2017
Reply to Inexplicable
so what, they use bb guns and don't actually kill each other? guess I was wrong to expect a loli massacre
@Inexplicable it is live rounds, they're just reaaaally resistant to it. Also, as Sensei is a normal person, not Kivotos native, he will still die if he were to be shot by one.
Apr 7, 12:43 PM

Mar 2017
Reply to Xanek
I'm honestly a bit surprised they started the episode showing off Shiroko Terror "killing" Sensei instead of keeping it vague of who she is, wondering how good of a choice that is for people who haven't played the gacha but probably has no real impact. (Though the surprise I had when they showed her sure made me go "HUH?")

The mobs shooting each other, taking bullets, makes it feel like they're just tanky as hell and no one in their universe goes down that easily (other than I guess actual humans).

Shiroko really already showing a lot of affection/attachment in the first episode, even taking lessons on her own with him.

I was curious on how they would use Sensei in regards to their role in battle, seems like they're doing exactly what I thought and being a commander.

Shiroko just UNLOADING on the final mob, absolutely brutal, also super strong goggles/glasses, being able to take all those bullets.

The ED is very nice and cute, gives us a preview of so many other characters and the potential of the animation.
The part C to the anime, Sensei somehow appearing in the world that Arona is in?

OP Song:

@Xanek
I'm honestly a bit surprised they started the episode showing off Shiroko Terror "killing" Sensei instead of keeping it vague of who she is, wondering how good of a choice that is for people who haven't played the gacha but probably has no real impact. (Though the surprise I had when they showed her sure made me go "HUH?")

You might forget since it's been a while but that's also how we started the game, and then the Wakamo scene, that was the prologue when we started out the game. Well, they skipped that part here but that might just gonna be mentioned later when he eventually meets Chinatsu or other girls that was involved in that scene.
Apr 7, 12:50 PM
Jan 2024
Peak archive indeed 😭😭😭😭😭 i saw a glimpse of my Hina animated i couldn't be happier 😭😭😭😭😭
Apr 7, 1:05 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to masagrator
Fanboys inflating average score, not surprised at all. First episode showed absolutely nothing that deserves more than 7/10. Above average OST was the best part.
@masagrator bruh it's trending on Twitter though.
Apr 7, 1:11 PM
Nov 2019
Solid Animation, Following the main story of the game which is good to see, hope to see more fights play out in a cooler fashion
Apr 7, 1:14 PM

Jul 2020
thanks for the clarification @BlueIsLove and @Polycell
still doesn't change the fact the show turned out different than I expected but I'll wait and see where it goes
Apr 7, 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to masagrator
@masagrator Damn, it is almost as if it doesn't happen to every possible anime, because of game, manga or light novel fans. If something is popular it is always gonna have higher score than it should.
Apr 7, 1:16 PM
Sep 2023
I think It was an incredible first episode. It has all the game vibes. I love it. blue archive god and Shiroko God like always 🤍💙
Apr 7, 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
ITS ALREADY SO PEAK 😭
OH MY GOD KUROKO–
ANIME SENSEI IS COOL TOO
Apr 7, 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
Overall liked it.
They skipped sensei arriving to kivotos so no Wakamo nor Yuuka for me :(

Black suit and Kaiser CEO are on the op, as well as a melancholic Hoshino so I expect it to adapt chapters 1 and 2 of Volume 1. There are a few stills of what should be Volume F but I doubt it will come here, would be strange without the rest of the story first.
Sensei's personality fits his ingame counterpart so no complains there.

Also, eden treaty name dropped, hope they expect to reach a third season.

@Xanek T Shiroko's face was never obtuse nor obscured in the epilogue.

@CrystaLyse Volume 1 is not where that happened, it takes a while longer but the seeds will be there if you stick until the end.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 7, 1:42 PM
Oct 2019
Watching it, I had a smirk on my face a good chunk of the time. Wholesome chungus anime with cute characters, a based fanbase, and no lolcowlizers in sight to violate it.

Despite the self insert sensei's design here, he doesn't sound like a Twink either.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Inexplicable
@Inexplicable The only way for them to die is the halo being destroyed.
Long exposure to bullets can damage it, but is pretty resistant and there are especial bombs developed to take them down in an instant.

Further in the story they will use howitzers, tanks and cruise missiles, no bb guns.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 7, 1:51 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to CrystaLyse
I am following this show out of curiosity how it beat FGO in terms of storytelling. I am yet to see why.
but it is too early to judge it soon. I'll give it the three episode rule or maybe six.

Anime adaptations from games are usually bad though especially to people who never played them.

But to be honest, the first few singularities or even the entire arc 1 in FGO sucked, that is probably how it lost.
@CrystaLyse You probably won't see why this season. The first volume is great, but when people praise Blue Archive's story, they're most likely talking about volume 3 or volume F, especially volume F. Those events would not have been possible without this first volume though, so adapting only volume F would be extremely silly, you wouldn't have any of the context or attachment to the characters.

@Renkini If they adapted volume 3 without first adapting volume 1 we'd lose out all the emotional impact of one of the most fondly remembered scenes from that volume though. It would still work, but I'd rather they go in order like this. They can do release order but I'm not sure about interrupting Eden Treaty to see the RABBIT squad. I would also never recommend anyone playing the game to skip to Eden Treaty.
LotteWeissApr 7, 2:23 PM
Apr 7, 2:13 PM

Feb 2023
@NagoyaR Why does a show not explain everything in episode 1?
Apr 7, 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
Colour me surprised, this was surprisingly decent as I was not expecting much out of it.

OP in particular was so soulful, from doodle Sensei, to volume F foreshadowing and the stellar animation. If only the normal fightning scenes looked as good as this.

Also don't understand why they removed Best Girl from the OP when she is there in the YT version.

Like I know at most she will only appear in cameos in this arc, but did they had to change the OP to exclude her in the actual anime OP? Hell No!
There they go my weekly Mika crumbs :(

KaitonApr 7, 2:22 PM

Apr 7, 2:21 PM

Jan 2019
Nice first episode. We saw most stuff from the VN adapted except the Wakamo incident prologue so Ayane was used to relay the info about GSC prez instead instead of Rin.

Good to see that they are going the route of show not tell when it comes to their halos or how they are resistant to bullets.

Let's see where it goes from here.

A solid 7.5/10 for now
Apr 7, 2:25 PM
Jun 2023
Such nice first episode, and nice opening music And Arona
Apr 7, 2:28 PM
Jun 2021
its a nice treat but not a gourmet meal they skipped a bit

for example SENSEI SMELLING SHIROKO'S SWEAT NOOOOOO

music wasn't as good as the game and the artstyle has shifted quite a bit

overrall it is good but its not stellar
Apr 7, 3:00 PM
Nov 2022
Senseeeeeeeiii!

I actually don't know anything about the story or the game, the only thing I've seen about Blue Archive are the memes and that's exactly why I'm going to give the anime a chance xd.
Apr 7, 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
I am frankly shocked how bad this show looks despite having gacha money.
"as you know" type exposition, clunky action.

A must drop for anyone who has not yet wasted their money on the game.
Apr 7, 3:08 PM
Oct 2017
Great first episode 1:1 to the game only nit pick is just how sensei is used in decision making. Where all students instantly locked in could have been done a lil better but peak archvie.
Apr 7, 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
Haven't played the game, checked it out hoping for something good(the anime that is) but first ep was 3/10 terrible bad, dropped.
Apr 7, 3:30 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to ClickNot
Haven't played the game, checked it out hoping for something good(the anime that is) but first ep was 3/10 terrible bad, dropped.
@ClickNot To judge on just one short episode, you have to be really strong. you also dropped stein:gate for its 1st lame episode?
Apr 7, 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
When those girls are being shot are they actually dying or they keep it PG13?

Apr 7, 3:44 PM

Mar 2024
FIRE, AIM, FINISH HER
AMAZING sensei advice which turned these absolutely useless girls into sudden killer machines. Wow! What would they ever have done without this amazing baby face man.
Or rather, how did they even survive before this?
Apr 7, 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
speechless, i cant pour it into words, so happy with this adaptation
Apr 7, 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to YuudachiFR
@ClickNot To judge on just one short episode, you have to be really strong. you also dropped stein:gate for its 1st lame episode?
YuudachiFR said:
To judge on just one short episode, you have to be really strong. you also dropped stein:gate for its 1st lame episode?

comparing this trash pilot to Steins;Gate's premiere is crazy.

This first episode was ass and it's fair to stop watching after that. There are more shows out there than you will be able to watch in a lifetime and not wasting time on something that is this bad from the start seems smart.

Apr 7, 4:23 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to CrowdFavorite
YuudachiFR said:
To judge on just one short episode, you have to be really strong. you also dropped stein:gate for its 1st lame episode?

comparing this trash pilot to Steins;Gate's premiere is crazy.

This first episode was ass and it's fair to stop watching after that. There are more shows out there than you will be able to watch in a lifetime and not wasting time on something that is this bad from the start seems smart.

@CrowdFavorite steins gate and just as bad with its completely failed first episode. It's good to criticize but do it correctly with arguments.
Apr 7, 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Reply to YuudachiFR
@CrowdFavorite steins gate and just as bad with its completely failed first episode. It's good to criticize but do it correctly with arguments.
@YuudachiFR The action is bad. They stand around and shoot for 80% of action scenes. Exposition is bad. They just info dump information to characters. "As we are all aware we are in XY city" and similar statements. They say stuff like "The general student council? what was that again?" so someone can explain that shit to the audience.
Like if in Naruto somebody asked "what was the hokage again". Just bad writing.

TV anime tend to go downhill in terms of quality the longer they go on so if the pilot is visually incompetent already it's wise to gtfo.
Apr 7, 4:38 PM

Sep 2023
felixsifuri said:
This is so fucking stupid. The one single thing even remotely close to being interesting are the background characters, maybe the animation (even though they recycle shots). Everything else sucks.

Couldn't agree more.

23 minutes of just random things happening without any explanation. Yup, this will definitely pique my interest in the game...
Apr 7, 4:42 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to CrowdFavorite
@YuudachiFR The action is bad. They stand around and shoot for 80% of action scenes. Exposition is bad. They just info dump information to characters. "As we are all aware we are in XY city" and similar statements. They say stuff like "The general student council? what was that again?" so someone can explain that shit to the audience.
Like if in Naruto somebody asked "what was the hokage again". Just bad writing.

TV anime tend to go downhill in terms of quality the longer they go on so if the pilot is visually incompetent already it's wise to gtfo.
@CrowdFavorite ah yes it's sure that the introduction is not the best and that unfortunately like all anime which are based on games, things are not properly explained for people who don't play the game. on the other hand I'm not happy Okay, the animation is far from bad.
Apr 7, 4:45 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
felixsifuri said:
This is so fucking stupid. The one single thing even remotely close to being interesting are the background characters, maybe the animation (even though they recycle shots). Everything else sucks.

Couldn't agree more.

23 minutes of just random things happening without any explanation. Yup, this will definitely pique my interest in the game...
@LessThanAnimeFan as it was predictable with yostar for adapted animes, it is based on making an anime only for players and is not trying to reach more people, now to see if it respects a minimum of the story of the game which I recommend reading .
Apr 7, 4:55 PM
Jun 2022
it's faithful to the mobile game so it's good
Apr 7, 5:46 PM
Mar 2021
finally i can see how ex skill work at anime
Apr 7, 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
I was worried about it just being a slice of life show, but since they teased terror i am happy, since it (probably?) means the show will actually go somewhere, so, it has a chance to be pretty good!
Apr 7, 5:48 PM
Oct 2022
Yeah, I don't think they got a big budget for this, so I'm just happy it got animated at all. That said, if I were to nitpick... I'd say the animation isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be, and it is a bit too bright (lacking shadow tones). If only they could make it as crisp, continually as the ED for instance, that would be cool. The main issue for my dislike is the seemingly fast skipping of some funny and intriguing moments that were in the game's story chapters; such was that of Shiroko mistaking Sensei as a homeless bum in a residential area lol, or any basis formulation of how Sensei got to his position in the first place as the game throughly covered, etc. But as someone who whole-heartedly enjoyed the game story experience, and hence already knew these things, I know I am not missing out on anything details and am just content with seeing these character, and Sensei's reveal, on the big screen.
Apr 7, 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to felixsifuri
@felixsifuri hah..? Care to elaborate why you think so? I played the game so i know some stuff, but even if i was a new viewer i'd have SOOO many questions from the get go, which indeed makes it very interesting (like say what's with the halos, why are there animals and robots around, why are they bulletproof, why are there circles in the sky, who the heck is the girls bleeding out in the start, why the main girl has 4 ears, etc, etc).
Apr 7, 6:21 PM

Dec 2016
Well, that was certainly anime.

I don't think I've seen more bullets being fired and missed any target since probably B-Train's Noir. By the looks it feels like it doesn't even make an effort to introduce the audience into this post apocalyptic world and most likely it's entirely aimed towards the already hardcore fan of the original game.

I'll give it 2 more episodes, I'm sure the whole desert world, girls with guns and the need for a teacher that will magically improve these girls marksmanship will come in the long run. I'm just testing the waters to see if I can handle whatever BS they will throw in 2 more episodes to decide if I should watch it all the way.

_ATG_ said:
Good to see that they are going the route of show not tell when it comes to their halos or how they are resistant to bullets.

This is the most superfluous show don't tell. They just showed that some girls are somehow as hard as titanium to some low caliber bullets, but it makes absolutely no sense outside cartoon/videogame logic. If they were wearing heavy bullet proof gear it would make some sense for those of us who don't eat bullshit on daily basis. Same with the girls wearing helmets, even a low caliber bullet would had been a fatal wound on any of them.
KimurahApr 7, 7:19 PM
Apr 7, 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
It looked nice but that's about it IMO
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Official English subtitles for the anime decided, starting 5/24 (Fri) 0:00 AM (UTC) on the official YouTube Channel

Xanek - May 21

2 by Lolicon »»
Yesterday, 10:58 PM

» Episode 1 Official English Subs - [Blue Archive The Animation] Archive 1 'Abydos High School Foreclosure Task Force'

Xanek - Yesterday

2 by AkeZZZ »»
Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Xanek - May 12

42 by NirvashX1 »»
Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Apr 28

58 by Shidoteki »»
May 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Xanek - May 19

26 by ricoananda28 »»
May 22, 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.