Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 13, 2:55 AM
Oct 2019
Interesting twist for a Power Rangers Anime.

I really enjoyed the first episode.
Apr 13, 7:57 PM
Aug 2023
I thought the title sounded dumb so I passed up on the manga, but I decided to give the anime a chance and was pleasantly surprised. The twist that the rangers already won and are just keeping the monster around to stay famous is my favorite part of the episode. It places the monsters in the underdog status, which help us root for them even though they want to take over the world. it's also interesting seeing how they all feel about there circumstance. Most have given up and just accepted their fate, others like F try to find some meaning to comfort them. And then there's D who's tired of the charade and wants to fight back. Also, I can't help but wonder what the creepy girls' deal is. I also wonder how D's view on humans may change as the series progresses since he'll be living with them his understanding of them might change. I'm very excited to see what this show has to offer in the future.
Apr 14, 7:45 AM

Jan 2018
This was actually very interesting. Apparently, the Rangers of this world defeated the monsters within the first year and made a truce to keep pretending to fight the lackeys just to commercialize the whole thing. It's amazing they could keep up this act for 13 years and nobody suspected anything. Reminds me of The Boys.

I do feel nostalgic for Power Rangers and similar shows but don't feel like going back and watching them properly since I think I'm too old to enjoy those shows. They all follow the same damn formula every episode so it'd get old pretty fast. But parodies like this I can really get behind.

The last Power Rangers parody anime I watched was Love After World Domination and I loved it. It's too bad it only had one season and the manga ended before there were enough materials to make a second season. Still bummed about that.

It's too bad Ranger Reject isn't a romcom but the premise it does have is still very interesting. I love a good underdog story. I'll definitely keep watching this.

I also liked that ED. It showed how the animation was made which I thought was pretty cool. I also liked the girl with no pupils in her eyes. She's weirdly attractive to me. It's also very interesting that the main character isn't a human but a monster who has emotions like a human.

It has good animation and the story looks very entertaining. It sucks that it's a Disney+/Hulu exclusive which means it'll never receive the love and popularity it deserves. I don't understand why anime companies give exclusive licenses to garbage streaming sites like Disney+ which do nothing to promote their shows. This will always bother me.
0451Apr 14, 7:50 AM
Apr 14, 1:15 PM

May 2023
Okay...
I confess that I expected much more from this anime.
I was a little disappointed, the anime isn't bad, it's just not what I was expecting.

Waiting for the second episode to come out to see if it will improve, at least I liked the characters.
Apr 14, 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
Great opening episode with plenty intrigue
Apr 14, 9:39 PM

Nov 2023
It's pretty funny, and overall, I'm having a fun time so far.
Apr 15, 3:44 AM

Mar 2017
That's literally Gojo Satoru VS Natsuki Subaru hipotetical fight (Massive powers VS immortality) even with their VA *-*
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Apr 16, 5:18 AM
Feb 2018
PastUchiha98 said:
That's literally Gojo Satoru VS Natsuki Subaru hipotetical fight (Massive powers VS immortality) even with their VA *-*

it's more like reinhard vs subaru
Apr 16, 7:01 AM

Oct 2012
Reply to deaknaew
@gorkthe134th may be the very first year that still have boss, they will do more fighting
yeah - that make sense!

once a week for 12 years = about 626 days
one year = about 365 days
626+365 = 991
Apr 17, 4:20 PM
Aug 2023
I donto konow xddddddddddd
Apr 17, 9:03 PM

Jul 2022
Interesting hook, from the perspective of the sentouin as opposed to the keepers/ranger force. I'm not too familiar with the power rangers/sentai genre but I would assume that there are not many that focus on the "bad guys". Yumeko seems like she knows more than what is revealed, it can't be just a coincidence that she runs in D and and invited him to join the ranger force.
Apr 17, 11:54 PM
Aug 2018
It was pretty chill, not too excited but pretty suspenseful, can't wait for more
Apr 19, 6:47 PM
Mar 2012
cg & 2d mix pretty good. regen fx look amazing.
Fight D seems tired of all the shits. Monsters very particular on their philosophies.
Red & Yellow recruiters both bit scary like a cult. lol Tiger + Truck kun. Premise sounds like fun.
Apr 20, 7:52 AM
Sep 2021
Cool concept & good animation. Let's see how this plays out.
Apr 20, 10:10 AM
Feb 2020
so far its nothing special but its great to have a sentai-like anime
it kind of feels like marvel somehow
Apr 20, 6:47 PM
May 2020
I know I’m the minority in this I wasn’t a big fan of the first episode. Maybe I watched the trailer wrong but the trailer made this show feel more dark. Maybe it will be in the future but the comedic parts took me out of the show. I’ll give it the 3 episode treatment and hope I like it.
Apr 21, 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
I'm all for the Red to be Homelander behind scenes.

Anyways, rangers are basically farming trash-mobs and one such trash mob is tired being farmed and wants to win once. Dunno where this is going, but he's still an invader who wants world domination lol, so are we really supposed to feel sorry for these guys? Maybe if they just wanted to break free and leave Earth I'd root for D, but now naaaah. Though I can understand why that lil human boy would cheer for aliens. Basic human empathy towards the "bullied" underdogs.
Apr 24, 8:02 PM
Aug 2018
imma enjoy this one
Apr 27, 7:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rewatching and damn i can't believe how hot Yumeko with those death looks. Then after reading some 'obvious' spoiler after on, i might understand her more.

But what will happen with fighter D with all those farce?

Let's see for the next episode first tho....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 29, 11:56 AM

Aug 2019
So are the Rangers the bad guys? Since we’re seeing this story from the perspective of the monsters who are forced to humiliate themselves.
Apr 30, 6:28 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
Reply to LuisSV23
Wow, I can imagine the publisher seeing how Negi, after finishing a romcom as successful as "the quintessential quintuplets", came up with this totally different idea xddd.

It looks very interesting and I like the approach it has, knowing Negi it is likely that the characters will be developed adequately (I'm not fangirling xd).
@LuisSV23 Gotoubun is still being produced and given direction by Negi, with the recent announcement of the new Gotoubun movie. Regarding character development in Sentai, I can totally see D growing as he currently seems super naive and the type of character to continuously act before they think. I'm particularly interested to see how Yumeko develops and learn about her motivations because the mystery around her character is a bit unsettling (perhaps it's reflected in the character design with how her eyes look super lifeless).
May 1, 5:06 PM

Jun 2023
Now I know why this show is described/compared to The Boys. Obviously from the perspective of the fighters, the Rangers, specifically the Keepers are the bad guys abusing their power. But even if society knew that the Sunday matches were all a show, wouldn't the fighters still be considered "bad" because they were the ones who invaded in the first place?
May 2, 10:27 PM
Oct 2019
The proposal was different, but I liked it
May 3, 9:02 PM

Jul 2016
The opening song played at the end of the episode was really catchy. I wonder if the process of the fighters regenerating could be used to their fighting advantage? For instance could they re-materialize their blown-off body parts elsewhere in a fight for a surprise attack.
May 4, 6:14 AM
Jan 2022
Where it all began
May 7, 3:33 AM
Dec 2014
dark fantsy i dont like this category
May 11, 10:08 AM
Sep 2017
Great animation, ok storyline until now
May 11, 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
Tatsuya Kitani back with a banger op and this actually seems very entertaining and the production value looks worth it too.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» List of chapters adapted

Fortress_Maximus - Apr 7

8 by Fortress_Maximus »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12

71 by OP_Rider »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

87 by JBCena »»
May 15, 5:16 AM

» Pv3

Benedito29 - Apr 28

25 by CheliosX »»
May 12, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

104 by Biisoo »»
May 12, 2:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.