Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 6, 10:23 PM
Aug 2020
Help me with my fixation.

Here's the thing: Parasytes came from the unknown, specifically from space (as they were seen falling from the sky, although I could be wrong). It is mentioned that Parasytes cannot reproduce. So, how did something that cannot reproduce come into existence? It's similar to humans; we cannot exist if we cannot reproduce. Let's consider the theory of evolution (Charles Darwin, 1859), which suggests that we evolved from animals. But then, where did the first or second animals come from to start reproducing?

Another theory suggests that life originated near the deep sea, where chemicals and energy could have fueled the necessary chemical reactions for life's evolution. Similarly, Parasytes might have come from another planet that could support life. But how did they multiply if they can't reproduce?

The only thing I can think of is "Protozoans," which usually undergo nuclear division and binary fission, resulting in two identical daughter cells. However, they mentioned that Parasytes can't reproduce, which creates a contradiction.

or I'm just wrong for using science logic.
egosumjohnApr 6, 10:27 PM
Apr 6, 11:56 PM
Aug 2020
why use earth logic for space creatures?
Apr 6, 11:57 PM
May 2016
Am I right to assume that this question is related to the netflix live action spinoff? That obviously changed things. Like in the anime the parasyte could penetrate the skin and went to the brain inside your body, while in the LA the parasyte could only use the ear.
As for the anime, I don't think they said that they cannot reproduce. If I remember correctly, they even mentioned that eating humans is not necessary for them to survive.

On a more theoretical level, if there's a "mother" (or a factory) that creates these parasytes and the mother dies, then it is pretty clear why they cannot reproduce on their own.
But it's also worth talking about that in the LA, they talked like they were programmed to do things. So it is possible that they were artificially created.
Apr 7, 12:02 AM
Jul 2022
They could have been a product of two fertile species that mate and produce the parasite which can't reproduce. Mules are the easiest example that comes to mind.
Apr 7, 12:20 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to ktg
Am I right to assume that this question is related to the netflix live action spinoff? That obviously changed things. Like in the anime the parasyte could penetrate the skin and went to the brain inside your body, while in the LA the parasyte could only use the ear.
As for the anime, I don't think they said that they cannot reproduce. If I remember correctly, they even mentioned that eating humans is not necessary for them to survive.

On a more theoretical level, if there's a "mother" (or a factory) that creates these parasytes and the mother dies, then it is pretty clear why they cannot reproduce on their own.
But it's also worth talking about that in the LA, they talked like they were programmed to do things. So it is possible that they were artificially created.
@ktg

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/19812/is-there-any-word-of-god-or-solid-references-proving-that-parasytes-cannot-rep

my latter thinking is probably artificially made. but since that's not the focus of the story, it is coexistence and survival. will probably forget this idea lol
egosumjohnApr 7, 12:39 AM
Apr 7, 12:39 AM

Dec 2021
Our logic won't work on extraterrestrial beings
Apr 7, 12:50 AM
Oct 2022
Parasites are extraterrestrial beings so not using earth's rules doesn't fit.

Plus if it just a clip of fantasy then it's solved
Apr 7, 12:55 AM
May 2016
egosumjohn said:
@ktg

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/19812/is-there-any-word-of-god-or-solid-references-proving-that-parasytes-cannot-rep

my latter thinking is probably artificially made. but since that's not the focus of the story, it is coexistence and survival. will probably forget this idea lol

Interesting, I forgot that it was mentioned in the original series.
Apr 7, 1:33 AM
Sep 2020
ktg said:

The anime and LA were set in the same universe but different time. In LA izumi already an adult. I assume the Parasyte in LA is the second wave and the anime is the first wave
Apr 7, 1:37 AM
Aug 2020
but what if it is artificially made in a biology lab? caused by another country pouring it using a helicopter lol then the final climax would be defeating them? 😂 then the parasyte will now know why they came out of existence revolting against the creator 😮
Apr 7, 1:59 AM
May 2016
Ilhan391 said:
ktg said:

The anime and LA were set in the same universe but different time. In LA izumi already an adult. I assume the Parasyte in LA is the second wave and the anime is the first wave

Yet, parasytes work differently. So no, this is a spinoff. And this is the first wave. They mentioned that this is something new and happened everywhere on the planet at the same time.
Apr 7, 3:25 AM
Mar 2023
egosumjohn said:

Here's the thing: Parasytes came from the unknown, specifically from space (as they were seen falling from the sky, although I could be wrong). It is mentioned that Parasytes cannot reproduce. So, how did something that cannot reproduce come into existence? It's similar to humans; we cannot exist if we cannot reproduce. Let's consider the theory of evolution (Charles Darwin, 1859), which suggests that we evolved from animals. But then, where did the first or second animals come from to start reproducing?

Another theory suggests that life originated near the deep sea, where chemicals and energy could have fueled the necessary chemical reactions for life's evolution. Similarly, Parasytes might have come from another planet that could support life. But how did they multiply if they can't reproduce?

The only thing I can think of is "Protozoans," which usually undergo nuclear division and binary fission, resulting in two identical daughter cells. However, they mentioned that Parasytes can't reproduce, which creates a contradiction.

The idea that you’re looking for is called an ‘Obligate Parasite.’ An example of this on earth would be a Virus. They need a host in order to reproduce. While we haven’t necessarily seen the parasites from the show reproduce, we can assume that they’re like some form of sentient Virus like organism. Other examples of obligate parasites can be certain fungi and bacteria.
Apr 7, 3:53 AM
Jul 2023
This is why this anime should've had more seasons. I wanted to see how far they could go in terms of infiltrating society - we only got a glimpse of that; as well as their origin and if there were more of them. It's a good anime but it could've been something really special
Apr 7, 4:16 AM

Oct 2021
it could also be a case of bee/ant queen where only 1 per nest/generation is the reproductive and all else are "workers"
“you’re immortal. Aren’t you?”
“that’s a good line, put that one on my tombstone”
-LOTGH
Apr 7, 4:17 AM
Aug 2020
thegoishady said:
it could also be a case of bee/ant queen where only 1 per nest/generation is the reproductive and all else are "workers"

woah, that could be the case you're a genius
Apr 7, 4:28 AM
Apr 2017
I'm pretty sure it was implied that they were created by someone with the sole purpose of culling humans, so that's how they came to existence. We don't know if they were created by aliens or humans tho.
Apr 7, 5:20 AM
Jan 2023
egosumjohn said:

Go use your knowledge somewhere else where it's necessary. Don't put the biological facts and Fictional show into same plate lol😂
Apr 7, 5:55 AM
Apr 2023
egosumjohn said:

Mules exist, despite being unable to reproduce. The parasytes could similarly be hybrids that are sterile due to their genetics, or they could just be artificially created life forms from some alien experiment. Who knows? It’s a work of fiction, there are allowed to be unanswered questions.
Apr 7, 8:42 AM
Feb 2016
binary fission maybe, It's probably some sort of mitosis. I'm only thinking that because of the way the parasite and host combine and use cell fusion to manipulate the host body. Making tentacles and knife hands and weird shit like that.
Apr 7, 9:04 AM
Jan 2022
egosumjohn said:

the parasites in the anime itself from the protagonist's point of view he sees the parasites as nature's response against humanity, they are beings that appear in just one night.
Apr 9, 11:22 AM
Dec 2020
It could be possible that their means of reproduction became impossible under some sort of circumstance (possibly a means of reproduction not like anything on earth)
Apr 11, 11:03 PM
Apr 2020
Parasites might be artificially created by another alien species, or they could be creatures similar to that of mules.

It's not the main plot point and it's not really important considering we would never learn about it in a story like this, but there probably is an explanation if you ask the creator.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.