Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 3:40 PM
May 2017
I just had this show recommended to me, got sick and watched over a weekend.
Overall it was good, even if I thought it was fairly generic monster hunting plot and similar to the Witcher.

Only beef I had with this show was RAKI!
Ok, I get you're a naive kid but you live in a world where there are human eating monsters that transform into people, but you constantly RUN OFF and trust ANYONE you come across. Any less plot convenience and the kid would be dead already.

And you are going to believe a monster that eats people and cry to Claire about "becoming just as bad as them" dude it's their JOB to kill them because they EAT PEOPLE! IMO they are ENTIRELY justified in killing the youma and there's no amount of crying they could do that would make me believe anyone killing them is as bad as them when they kill and eat innocent people.
Apr 5, 4:10 PM

Jul 2022
Claymore can be summarized as follows:

Raki - "What does that mean?"
Clare - "It means X."
Raki - "X!?"
Clare - "Yes."

Raki is a walking exposition machine that the show would be far better without.

It'd be cool if they had enough faith in the audience to understand what we're being shown rather than telling us every single detail.
Apr 5, 4:14 PM
Sep 2020
Ik it’s off topic but raki annoyed tf out of me
Apr 5, 4:38 PM
May 2017
Reply to RainyMaki
@RainyMaki not off topic, Raki being annoying is THE topic, just wanted to vent about how frustrating this character was lmao
Apr 5, 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
Raki was alright for me. He was annoying at times, but I can imagine a teenager like him acting in that kind of manner. That being said, he was way better in the manga, in the arcs that were not covered by the anime adaptation.
Apr 5, 5:01 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
agreed, he’s very annoying LOL
Apr 5, 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
Raki does get annoying. However the amazing fight scenes and world building makes this show so great.
Apr 5, 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
For a (supposed) protagonist standard he is completely irrelevant and does absolutely nothing. Apparently later on in the manga be is somewhat relevant, but in the anime he could be a mob character and you wouldn't even notice.

Apr 5, 9:40 PM
Aug 2020
this needs remaster. its bloody good for in every aspecy except raki, tho he had his moments
Apr 6, 1:49 AM
Dec 2023
Grubbs20000 said:
I just had this show recommended to me, got sick and watched over a weekend.
Overall it was good, even if I thought it was fairly generic monster hunting plot and similar to the Witcher.

Only beef I had with this show was RAKI!
Ok, I get you're a naive kid but you live in a world where there are human eating monsters that transform into people, but you constantly RUN OFF and trust ANYONE you come across. Any less plot convenience and the kid would be dead already.

And you are going to believe a monster that eats people and cry to Claire about "becoming just as bad as them" dude it's their JOB to kill them because they EAT PEOPLE! IMO they are ENTIRELY justified in killing the youma and there's no amount of crying they could do that would make me believe anyone killing them is as bad as them when they kill and eat innocent people.

raki sure is annoying
Apr 6, 1:52 AM
Dec 2023
RainyMaki said:

indeed that mf always get on Claire's way
Apr 6, 1:54 AM
Dec 2023
Sekiro94 said:
this needs remaster. its bloody good for in every aspecy except raki, tho he had his moments

indeed, have been saying this for a while
Apr 6, 9:00 AM
Aug 2016
Read the manga it's way better, the anime had an original ending that only went a third of the way through the manga. Raki ends up not being as annoying later on.
Apr 6, 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
You should read manga.
Apr 6, 11:58 AM
Feb 2024
Raki is very annoying! and yes I read the manga. Stuff happens and he's still not fitting in imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

86 by TigersAndDragons »»
May 4, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

415 by Cynex_ »»
Apr 29, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.