Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel Series 'Seishun Buta Yarou' Concludes with 15th Volume

New
Apr 5, 1:21 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official X (formerly Twitter) account of Dengeki Bunko announced on Friday that Hajime Kamoshida's Seishun Buta Yarou (Rascal Does Not Dream) light novel series will end its 10-year-run with the 15th volume, titled Seishun Buta Yarou wa Dear Friend no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dear Friend), on October 10. The official account also posted an announcement visual (pictured).

The light novel series will enter its final arc with the 14th volume, titled Seishun Buta Yarou wa Girlfriend no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Girlfriend), which is scheduled to be released on August 9.

Kamoshida began writing the romance drama light novel in Kadokawa's Dengeki Bunko imprint in April 2014, featuring illustrations by Keiji Mizoguchi (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo). The 13th volume was released in July 2023. Seishun Buta Yarou has a cumulative 3 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

CloverWorks produced the Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai) television anime, which adapted the first 5 volumes of the light novel. The Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl) anime movie opened in Japan in June 2019, adapting volumes six and seven. The Seishun Buta Yarou wa Odekake Sister no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out) and Seishun Buta Yarou wa Randoseru Girl no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of a Knapsack Kid) anime movies premiered in Japan in June and December of 2023, which adapted the eighth and ninth volumes. An anime adaptation of the Daigakusei-hen (University Arc) from the tenth light novel volume has been announced.

Yen Press licensed the light novel for release in English in July 2019. The 12th volume went on sale last November, with the 13th volume scheduled to be released on August 20.

Synopsis
One day, in the library where Sakuta Azusagawa studies, he runs into an unexpected sight: a beautiful high school girl in a bunny outfit. She turns out to be Mai Sakurajima, a famous former actress and fellow student at Minegahara High. His surprise at seeing Mai wear such risqué attire in the library, however, is nothing compared to the shocking realization that he is the only one who can see her!

Reminded of an event from his past, Sakuta offers to help Mai discover the reason behind her invisibility. Despite their initially contentious relationship, the two quickly become close: Mai and Sakuta learn to appreciate each other, and their friendship turns into a budding romance. This further fuels their determination to solve Mai's dilemma.

While the investigation progresses, Sakuta attributes Mai's situation to an urban legend known as Adolescence Syndrome: strange phenomena occurring in youth, unexplained by science and often dismissed as delusion. With few promising results, Mai's predicament worsens to the point where being unseen is the least of her worries. Can Sakuta and Mai solve the mystery of her Adolescence Syndrome before she disappears completely? [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Novel special site: https://dengekibunko.jp/special/aobuta/
Official anime X (Twitter): @aobuta_anime

Source: Dengeki Online
Apr 5, 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
Hopefully we'll get full adaptation.
Apr 5, 2:47 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to MegamiRem
Hopefully we'll get full adaptation.
@MegamiRem hope so.. looking forward to the end

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Apr 5, 10:02 PM

Aug 2010
I'm still floored that they dubbed the movie before the main show, how does that make sense?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 5, 11:00 PM

Apr 2009
And not a volume too soon.
Apr 5, 11:29 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to malvarez1
I'm still floored that they dubbed the movie before the main show, how does that make sense?
@malvarez1 Because they only discovered that it was really popular when the movie came out.
Apr 6, 12:52 AM

Jan 2023
One of my favorite light novels ever, always a lot of fun and such good characters!
A little sad to see it end, but hopefully we might get lucky enough to get a full adaptation :)
Apr 6, 6:02 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
TBH, after I saw S1 and then the movie, I felt the series had come to a nice conclusion so while I look forward to this, I m unsure if I will like whatever the ending of vol15 will be, when adapted, as much as I did the movie, for an overall conclusion to the series.
Apr 6, 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Is it possible to get a full adaptation? I really hope they do

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 10 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
10 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
10 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Today

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Today, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Today, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.