Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 5, 8:07 AM
Mar 2023
For 16 years we had been waiting for something new about the work and now that it is here the only thing they do is compare it with the old anime, everything has been perfect but I see that the rating is going down.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 5, 8:18 AM

Sep 2018
Just watch it, why do you care what old fans think? Scores usually do go down over time, and it's only been one episode.

I personally have no complaints at all so far: same director, same voice actors, appealing animation and OST from Kevin Penkin... things are looking great!
Apr 5, 8:19 AM

Mar 2013
Oh, shush.
Just because you see "old fans" complaining and comparing, you assume they "the old fans" are at fault? are you still sane?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 8:23 AM
Jan 2022
who cares what other people think dude
Apr 5, 8:29 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Oh, shush.
Just because you see "old fans" complaining and comparing, you assume they "the old fans" are at fault? are you still sane?
@CrazyButNot4U You are no one to tell me what to do or say.
Apr 5, 8:41 AM
Aug 2022
animrok_123 said:
For 16 years we had been waiting for something new about the work and now that it is here the only thing they do is compare it with the old anime, everything has been perfect but I see that the rating is going down.

I wouldn't get too hung up on it. MAL also just had a show that, per their ratings system, has blown away every other show EVER. People are probably being a bit more stingy based on recency bias. 8.3 is still pretty damn good and, I think, in-line with the original.

Also, it's only been one episode. It's kinda mental to rate a show already anyways. No one has any idea how these newly airing shows are going to turn out.
Apr 5, 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
Yeah, but that's the community as it is today:
Bitching, whining and trolling galore. Doesn't really matter what it is and even if it's popular or not. People are dickheads, online^^
It's sorta trendy to always disagree, with anything new and be overly critical, today.

Don't be frustrated. Ignore it. It is what it is. Remake still looks fantastic. Don't let random dudes, on the internet, hinder your enjoyment of the Show.
Merve2LoveApr 5, 8:48 AM
Apr 5, 8:44 AM

Nov 2016
Rating is still higher than the OG after only one episode 😂

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 8:45 AM

Dec 2015
I'm a fan of the first two seasons, especially the second, and I like the remake much better. The level of directing and animation is many times better and more expensive. The anime now follows the original, in the old adaptation they replaced Yarei with a girl to create a harem vibe. By the way, the remake has the same director and I think he knows what he’s doing.
Apr 5, 8:56 AM

Feb 2023
Comparing remakes to old release is pretty common. It happened with Fruits Basket, FMAB, Bartender, etc. Will happen with new remakes as well. It human tendency to compare it to before wanting to know whether the new one is better than the previous.

All in all, it doesn't matter as long as you like it, who cares what other say.
But, personally I like the vibe that the old one had. It was just soothing to me as I watched it after competition the manga
Apr 5, 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
animrok_123 said:
@CrazyButNot4U You are no one to tell me what to do or say.

nor are you one to tell others what is true because you said so, as from my point of view, that's simply being biased towards others or a group of people just because the score is getting lower than what you expected.

Stop the bait, alt acc.

#Edit for more concise info.
CrazyButNot4UApr 7, 5:49 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 9:22 AM

Jun 2016
This is reality of remakes especially if the original version is popular and well regarded.
animrok_123 said:
everything has been perfect but I see that the rating is going down.

No need to jump to conclusion about why the magic number is going down.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 5, 10:26 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Merve2Love
Yeah, but that's the community as it is today:
Bitching, whining and trolling galore. Doesn't really matter what it is and even if it's popular or not. People are dickheads, online^^
It's sorta trendy to always disagree, with anything new and be overly critical, today.

Don't be frustrated. Ignore it. It is what it is. Remake still looks fantastic. Don't let random dudes, on the internet, hinder your enjoyment of the Show.
@Merve2Love i think the bitchers and whiners in this situation are you and OP
Apr 5, 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Z3R0-THR33
@Merve2Love i think the bitchers and whiners in this situation are you and OP
@Z3R0-THR33

Absolutely^^
Me saying: Don't let the dudes discourage you. Just enjoy the Show.

That's me fuuuuuming 😡

OP? This, right here, is the kinda guy, Im talking about^^
You see, it's no biggie. It's not important that he's wrong. Doesn't matter. He doesn't know what he's talking about and that will never change. Just watch the Show, regardless :) Have fun
Merve2LoveApr 5, 10:36 AM
Apr 5, 10:48 AM
Jan 2016
animrok_123 said:

ofcourse we compare two works that is adapting the same book, especially when its as loved as it is, and the old anime is as iconic as it is.
Apr 5, 11:52 AM
Mar 2022
who cares lol.
just enjoy the show
Apr 5, 12:45 PM

Nov 2019
Imagine being this obsessed over the drop of a certain number.

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 5, 12:52 PM
Jan 2019
I was also a bit skeptical at first because of the studio. But the opening scenes alone gave me goosebumps. If the quality remains at the same level, then the ratings will rise again. But what's more important is that this time the whole story will hopefully be told within several seasons
Apr 5, 12:58 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

57 by StallionXD »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

54 by matias067 »»
Yesterday, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

70 by jeffersondkid »»
Yesterday, 12:56 AM

» Binge

Astrid_Bear - May 27

19 by APolygons2 »»
May 28, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

119 by MattJpX »»
May 28, 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.