Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Teogonia' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Apr 4, 9:30 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Tsukasa Tanimai's Teogonia light novel on Friday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured).

Tanimai began penning the action fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in August 2017. Shufu to Seikatsusha acquired the novel and published the first volume in March 2018, featuring illustrations by Kouichirou Kawano. The third volume was released in June 2019. The series has a cumulative 500,000 copies of its volumes in circulation.

Shunsuke Aoyama began serializing a manga adaptation in Comic PASH! in April 2018. Shufu to Seikatsusha shipped the 11th volume on April 5.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel for digital release in English in November 2019 and shipped the third volume in July 2020.

Synopsis
It's a time of warfare where relentless battles continue between human and demi-human tribes like the Ash Monkeys (Macaque) and pig people (Ogres) invading human lands. Kai, a boy from the village of Rag, spends his days immersed in battle to protect his village.

Amidst the harsh battles enforced by those possessing immense power known as "guardian bearers," and as his comrades fall one by one, Kai suddenly recalls memories he shouldn't have experienced—memories of a world with advanced technology and knowledge of people's lives beyond this world.

And thus, although Kai was just a villager, he soon finds himself embroiled in great trials...
A magnificent fantasy tale unfolds, chronicling the struggle and growth of a single boy in a harsh world. (Source: Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures)

Official site: https://teogonia-anime.com/

Source: Press Release

Teogonia on MAL
VindstotApr 4, 5:43 PM
Apr 4, 10:06 AM

Feb 2021
And many other decent works left alone in dust. Very sad.
Apr 4, 10:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'll definitely check this one out cus I like the visual and the premise sounds interesting enough
Apr 4, 10:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
When I first saw the KV I was scared it was an isekai... but ofc regardless... he had a "past life"... smh... lol
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
When I first saw the KV I was scared it was an isekai... but ofc regardless... he had a "past life"... smh... lol
@EcchiGodMamster This has an isekai tag on some sites like J-Novel Club, but I don't know how relevant it is.
Apr 4, 3:00 PM

Apr 2021
I get interested whenever I see a light novel without a whole essay for a title

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 4 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
4 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
5 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.