Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 2, 11:43 PM
Oct 2015
Is there a reason why Ami Koshimizu chose a softer voice in this remake adaptation? I initially thought it was because of 15 years gap, but it seems that's not the case.

We're talking about Ami Koshimizu here, she's one of the best seiyuu with the best voice range. Her voice acting has not really changed in recent years, in fact she often uses a deeper voice than a soft voice, using a soft voice like Holo(remake) was actually more difficult, so difficulty wasn't the reason either.

So is this a change made by the director, sound designer, or maybe the author? Maybe they wanted her to sound more like a teenage girl(physically)?

This isn't a complaint btw, I still like her voice. I was just curious after seeing some old anime clips on youtube and she sounds quite different.
Apr 3, 12:24 AM
May 2016
You want her to be hard? :D
Apr 3, 12:51 AM

Jan 2022
My guess is that there would be some small difference in the character's intended image.

Of course, I might be looking too far into it, but I believe it probably has to do with catering to a newer generation of viewers more in tune with watching lighter, higher pitched voiced anime.

Apr 3, 2:41 AM

May 2018
The physical appearance of Holo is that of a 15-16 year old. Actually, I still find her voice to sound quite mature.
Apr 3, 6:43 AM
Feb 2021
MaouHero said:
The physical appearance of Holo is that of a 15-16 year old. Actually, I still find her voice to sound quite mature.

I was thinking the same
Apr 4, 8:07 AM
Oct 2015
OK, I found the reason, it seems this was Koshimizu's decision to change her voice acting style for Holo
Her interview : https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiceandWolf/s/1amhy7YGPK
Apr 5, 1:42 PM
Aug 2021
ShiroHachi said:
OK, I found the reason, it seems this was Koshimizu's decision to change her voice acting style for Holo
Her interview : https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiceandWolf/s/1amhy7YGPK

Oh Shit...So She's The Original Holo As Well, They Kept The Same Cast, I Didn't Know That, That's Really Cool Actually

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10

42 by metatron13 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

51 by MegamiRem »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

68 by MegamiRem »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
Yesterday, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 6:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.