Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 2, 5:08 PM
Jul 2019
feel free to curse my name any dub haters, but i loved the english dub of the original and am hoping we get the same cast. Skimmed the we(e)bisphere but didnt see much. Any one got leads or intel?
Apr 2, 6:34 PM
Feb 2020
nobelium106 said:
feel free to curse my name any dub haters, but i loved the english dub of the original and am hoping we get the same cast. Skimmed the we(e)bisphere but didnt see much. Any one got leads or intel?

(Ps. I loved both the og dub and sub and I watched it in the German dub… I’m a sucker for this franchise) unfortunately we have no intel on VA other then it’s confirmed we will be getting a dub. When I got one of my books signed by the original English VA for holo she said she would love to do it again but hasn’t been offered. As well as idk if her voice fits new character designs. I could see og VA for Lawrence reprising his role tho. Overall we know from Crunchy a dub is to come just a matter of when in the next 3 weeks or so.
Apr 2, 6:39 PM

Apr 2021
Yeah, really want to see Brina as Holo again. I thought she nailed her role in the OG but IDK if her voice will fit the new design.
reyqqApr 2, 6:48 PM
Apr 2, 11:38 PM

Dec 2009
I actually originally watched and preferred the English Dub myself.
The voice actress for Holo in English portrays the character more naturally as the "wise wolf" that she taunts to be.
While the original Japanese actress sounds kinda childish and too cute in a way, but I've grown to like her too.

Although, I haven't read the novels just yet, so I may have a different impression from her true personality of text alone from my imagination.

I wouldn't mind rewatching this anime in English, if not some scenes.

The boring money and politics would be easier to follow in Dub as well.
Apr 3, 10:36 AM
Nov 2019
Same, the English voice actors for both Holo and Lawrence were brilliant. Holo's English VA did her own thing instead of following the Jap VA, Holo in the dub sounded like a feisty Royal Lady, something which added to the fact that she is a larger than life God like creature.Lawrence's English VA on the other hand gave Lawrence a soothing voice with a nonchalant personality. He was a common man but also someone who could hold his own against the wise wolf when it came to wisdom.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

42 by metatron13 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

51 by MegamiRem »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

68 by MegamiRem »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 6:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.