Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 8:34 AM
May 2019
I don't think this adaptation will feature any kind of explicit nudity at all which happened to other series Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi. Of course it will still have fan service but i don't think they will go uncensored route with this one. Even manga after few chapters toned down nudity and stuff. Kinda strange when we had 4 uncensored ecchi this winter in which 2 got s2 + 2 more got announced. well at least ecchi this year is more than the previous 2 years where there were only 1 ecchi show each year.

Edit - It's censored it's been confirmed.

kratos960203Apr 1, 9:02 AM
Apr 1, 8:59 AM
Sep 2021
Yeah. Since the manga tones it down as the chapters goes on, it’s probably the right call to take it out. Especially if they want to broaden the reach. I’ll be fine either way, but I’d like more eyes on the show as it’s one of my favorite mangas.
Apr 1, 9:01 AM
May 2019
Reply to C0brakyle
Yeah. Since the manga tones it down as the chapters goes on, it’s probably the right call to take it out. Especially if they want to broaden the reach. I’ll be fine either way, but I’d like more eyes on the show as it’s one of my favorite mangas.
@C0brakyle well fuck censorship ngl. I hate it either don't put it from the start or if you do go all the way
Apr 1, 1:23 PM
Apr 2023
kratos960203 said:
I don't think this adaptation will feature any kind of explicit nudity at all which happened to other series Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi. Of course it will still have fan service but i don't think they will go uncensored route with this one. Even manga after few chapters toned down nudity and stuff. Kinda strange when we had 4 uncensored ecchi this winter in which 2 got s2 + 2 more got announced. well at least ecchi this year is more than the previous 2 years where there were only 1 ecchi show each year.

Edit - It's censored it's been confirmed.

when is the anime coming out
Apr 1, 3:18 PM
Nov 2023
In July @SlimyBread
Apr 2, 12:14 AM
Aug 2021
Awe...That's Too Bad, I Really Liked The Nudity In The Manga Which Wasn't All That Frequent But...I Guess That Won't Take Away The Enjoyment From The Anime
Apr 2, 12:23 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
When was the last time this manga had nudity in it to begin with? As far as I remember, it was only in volume 1 or 2 and it wasn't that much.
I'm not planning on watching this anime since I already read the manga and I'm not a big fan of it. Kind of wondering why they'd even censor anything, obviously tv-show times would be my guess.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 2, 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
@kratos960203 It's not just the nudity that is likely getting censored. Other fanservice bits like underboobs, cosplay outfits, pantyshots or certain angles of their buttocks may get "adjusted" to a certain extend. I've posted in another thread about the changes we've been able to glimpse from the PV. Ririsa's cosplay of Lilliel's iconic main outfit with the very pronounced underboobs was already censored there.

In addition to that, Mikari's first cosplay covers more surface area around the bust, though this change isn't as striking.

Azuchi said:
When was the last time this manga had nudity in it to begin with? As far as I remember, it was only in volume 1 or 2 and it wasn't that much.

You may have read the censored magazine release then. I believe every volume has had nudity so far, some more than others.
DarkDooM2May 12, 6:05 AM
Apr 2, 8:42 PM
May 2019
Reply to DarkDooM2
@kratos960203 It's not just the nudity that is likely getting censored. Other fanservice bits like underboobs, cosplay outfits, pantyshots or certain angles of their buttocks may get "adjusted" to a certain extend. I've posted in another thread about the changes we've been able to glimpse from the PV. Ririsa's cosplay of Lilliel's iconic main outfit with the very pronounced underboobs was already censored there.

In addition to that, Mikari's first cosplay covers more surface area around the bust, though this change isn't as striking.

Azuchi said:

You may have read the censored magazine release then. I believe every volume has had nudity so far, some more than others.
@DarkDooM2 where they want to air it? In China ?
Apr 3, 4:45 AM

Dec 2010
@kratos960203 Who knows? But it's true that China is behind the censorship of many anime productions, that's for certain. Just a while back I've seen the Chief Animation Director and Character Designer of Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha complaining on twitter how he had to change character designs and remove breast jiggling from a certain scene in order to comply with streaming guidelines for "a certain country".
If you've seen that anime, you'd know what I mean. Maou's original design had some very prominent underboobs, just like Lilliel. Her new design increased her clothes a bit to cover the boobs entirely. One particular scene looked very unnerving though. The clothes were back to their previous level of coverage, perhaps suggesting that they had to change character designs mid-production, but the boobs were still not visible. This means that her clothes looked like they were hovering in front of her body, as if her boobs were still there, but invisible. Very disturbing shit. This was the scene where the Animation Director wanted to add breast jiggling. Zenia's design was also previously supposed to show her bare ass (she originally wore a very highleg swimsuit).
So yeah, China seems to have a vendetta against underboobs, exposed asses and breast jiggling, to name a few. However, I wonder if even the changes we've seen for 2.5-jigen no Ririsa so far are enough to receive the go ahead from China's state-sanctioned censorship ministry. It may also just be Japan trying to broaden their own domestic target audience for all we know.
Apr 3, 5:46 AM
May 2019
Reply to DarkDooM2
@kratos960203 Who knows? But it's true that China is behind the censorship of many anime productions, that's for certain. Just a while back I've seen the Chief Animation Director and Character Designer of Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha complaining on twitter how he had to change character designs and remove breast jiggling from a certain scene in order to comply with streaming guidelines for "a certain country".
If you've seen that anime, you'd know what I mean. Maou's original design had some very prominent underboobs, just like Lilliel. Her new design increased her clothes a bit to cover the boobs entirely. One particular scene looked very unnerving though. The clothes were back to their previous level of coverage, perhaps suggesting that they had to change character designs mid-production, but the boobs were still not visible. This means that her clothes looked like they were hovering in front of her body, as if her boobs were still there, but invisible. Very disturbing shit. This was the scene where the Animation Director wanted to add breast jiggling. Zenia's design was also previously supposed to show her bare ass (she originally wore a very highleg swimsuit).
So yeah, China seems to have a vendetta against underboobs, exposed asses and breast jiggling, to name a few. However, I wonder if even the changes we've seen for 2.5-jigen no Ririsa so far are enough to receive the go ahead from China's state-sanctioned censorship ministry. It may also just be Japan trying to broaden their own domestic target audience for all we know.
@DarkDooM2 that certain country is 100% china Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha was aired and released in china on bili bili platform. i also think it's the same case with Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi.and yeah 2.5d won't pass chinese censorship with those outfits at all
Apr 3, 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
kratos960203 said:
@C0brakyle well fuck censorship ngl. I hate it either don't put it from the start or if you do go all the way

Companies that make videogames often have region specific versions where content that may offend or is not allowed in a specific country gets altered or cut out entirely.
Probably the most famous example I can think of is "No Russian" from Modern Warfare 2; shocker, that mission was not available in the version sold in Russia.
And if studios don't want to make multiple versions, leave it up to the licensor.
No reason why the company that acquires the licencing can't make the edits necessary to conform to their regions laws/social acceptance considering they're likely going to be doing the various subs and/or dubs anyways.
I can't tell you how many times I've watched a dub and any Japanese text on screen has been MSpainted over with English text; they clearly have the ability to make alterations.
Make the content the way it's supposed to be, distribute it as such, if the people that buy it want it changed they can do it themselves.
My two cents anyways.

More topics from this board

» New character visual and character PV; will be 2 consecutive cours

ARK-13 - Apr 25

6 by Rayane-47 »»
May 13, 5:44 PM

» New visual and release date

Dbagas8 - May 10

8 by casilo »»
May 12, 6:55 AM

» New KV, starts from 5th July

ARK-13 - May 10

0 by ARK-13 »»
May 10, 2:00 AM

» New character PV

ARK-13 - Feb 16

2 by Rayane-47 »»
Feb 19, 2:23 AM

» Anime begins from July 2024

ARK-13 - Feb 5

2 by Kiryotsu »»
Feb 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.