Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
I am very aware that such stories are mostly a form of escapism rather than realistic depictions, but I simply cannot treat this anime seriously due to how unrealistic it can be. I have a certain soft spot for it as there are so few depictions of classical musicians 'in their element', but it does annoy me to no end at the same time. there are many elements so as to why it sometimes is so comically exaggerated that I'd spend hours listing, but rather than doing so, here is my question: any classical musicians here (on a more advanced/professional level rather than 'I played violin for a couple of years a while ago' - I've got a masters degree in music) that watch this anime and are both surprisingly enthralled and incredibly annoyed by it?

sillylovesongApr 1, 3:57 AM
May 8, 7:44 PM

Mar 2023
I studied classical saxophone performance in college- I haven’t had a chance to watch this yet, but I’ll be thinking of it myself as I go through and will provide notes once done!

Edit: after watching about 5 minutes I remembered I had seen it before, all 3 seasons- wasn’t really my cup of tea, because of the musical inaccuracies, but I did watch all three seasons so take that as you will.
EverySportsAnimeMay 8, 9:36 PM
May 13, 8:19 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to EverySportsAnime
I studied classical saxophone performance in college- I haven’t had a chance to watch this yet, but I’ll be thinking of it myself as I go through and will provide notes once done!

Edit: after watching about 5 minutes I remembered I had seen it before, all 3 seasons- wasn’t really my cup of tea, because of the musical inaccuracies, but I did watch all three seasons so take that as you will.
@EverySportsAnime thanks for your reply!!

wasn’t really my cup of tea, because of the musical inaccuracies, but I did watch all three seasons so take that as you will

well that was me exactly! I did watch all available episodes too, I guess I was just too hungry for any classical music world representation in anime, however inaccurate ahahaha
May 13, 8:20 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to sillylovesong
@EverySportsAnime thanks for your reply!!

wasn’t really my cup of tea, because of the musical inaccuracies, but I did watch all three seasons so take that as you will

well that was me exactly! I did watch all available episodes too, I guess I was just too hungry for any classical music world representation in anime, however inaccurate ahahaha
@sillylovesong I feel that! I have the same hang up with sports anime- I played many sports for many years and now I just watch all of them even if they’re pretty bad.
May 13, 11:37 AM

Jul 2016
And this is why I find the music genre of anime unwatchable. Too unrealistic that it just irks me the whole time watching. ;-;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

50 by aquasprite »»
Mar 15, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - May 12, 2008

55 by aquasprite »»
Mar 14, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 6 Discussion

Kimura - May 14, 2008

44 by P0tter »»
Sep 18, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 24, 2008

63 by cornonacob »»
Jul 28, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Apr 2, 2007

95 by Euroqean »»
Nov 19, 2022 6:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.