Forum Settings
Forums

'Shangri-La Frontier' Gets Second Season in Fall 2024

New
Mar 31, 10:34 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The 25th and final episode of the Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su (Shangri-La Frontier) television anime announced a second season on Sunday, revealing an announcement promo and visual (pictured). The new season will also run for two consecutive cours on MBS and TBS' Nichi-5 programming block beginning October 2024.

Produced by C2C, the first anime season began airing on October 1 last year. Crunchyroll streamed the anime with subtitles and an English dub worldwide, excluding Asia.

Shangri-La Frontier adapts Katarina and Ryousuke Fuji's action adventure manga. Katarina began writing the story as a web novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2017. Fuji began drawing the manga adaptation in Weekly Shounen Magazine magazine in July 2020. Kodansha shipped the 16th volume last December, with the 17th volume scheduled to be released on April 17. The manga has a cumulative 7.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga for digital release in English in November 2020. The 15th volume went on sale on March 5.

Synopsis
High school student Rakurou Hizutome has a peculiar hobby of playing poorly made games—ones that are unbalanced or are filled with so many bugs that make them borderline unplayable. The few who share his hobby might recognize him by his in-game name, Sunraku. For his next game, Rakurou is recommended Shangri-La Frontier, a popular and well-received virtual reality game as a breather from the terrible games he has been playing recently.

Once he boots up the game, Rakurou decides to sell off most of his starting gear to gain extra money, leaving himself with only a pair of boxers, a bird mask, and some weapons. He is instantly hooked as he meticulously levels up his avatar. However, after encountering some intimidating monsters, he realizes that he may have underestimated the challenge that a mainstream game can offer. As Rakurou progresses, he must draw on all the skills he has perfected from his previous gaming experience. Before long, Sunraku's eccentric playstyle takes Shangri-La Frontier by storm. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://anime.shangrilafrontier.com/
Official X (Twitter): @ShanFro_Comic

Source: Comic Natalie

Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su 2nd Season on MAL
Mar 31, 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
i will try watching the sequel but i hope they speed up the pacing its like they are only animating 1.5 (weekly) chapters per episode while usually we get around 3-4 weekly chapters per episode on other anime adaptations
Mar 31, 10:48 AM

May 2021
As someone who also has read the manga even before the first season of the anime , the chapters that the second season will adapt will be light years better than the chapters season 1 adapted .In my opinion this is where the story gets super exciting and I hope the studio will do a good job because season 2 will be much more demanding when it comes how much action will be animated !!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 31, 10:55 AM

Nov 2010
Reply to deg
i will try watching the sequel but i hope they speed up the pacing its like they are only animating 1.5 (weekly) chapters per episode while usually we get around 3-4 weekly chapters per episode on other anime adaptations
@deg They're adapting 2-3 chapters per episode, and the pacing never felt slow.
Mar 31, 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to AdolChristin
@deg They're adapting 2-3 chapters per episode, and the pacing never felt slow.
@AdolChristin really? ok then the pacing is slow considering you got 2 minutes recaps in most episodes then that slf mini theater in the end of episodes that takes another 3-5 minutes each
Mar 31, 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
New season six months after the first two-cour? How many content will they do this time?
Mar 31, 12:11 PM

May 2020
But will that girl who has an unrequited crush for the main guy be able to speak properly this time? 
Mar 31, 12:44 PM

Nov 2010
Reply to RobertBobert
New season six months after the first two-cour? How many content will they do this time?
@RobertBobert It will be 2-cour, the same as the first season. 26 episodes according to their Twitter.
Mar 31, 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to AdolChristin
@RobertBobert It will be 2-cour, the same as the first season. 26 episodes according to their Twitter.
@AdolChristin Will this be the first 50-episode split-cour show? Or can they literally make 2 new courses in six months?
Mar 31, 1:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
are there any girls in s2 better than Arthur? cause i honestly don't like her lol

the best girl was actually
Mar 31, 1:51 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

I am so looking forward to 2nd season, this is among my favorites of anime with game elements ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 31, 6:08 PM

Feb 2022
Wow, that was fast news. Glad for fans, no waiting.
Mar 31, 7:19 PM
Feb 2016
I hope FZMZ will be returning for the opening 🔥
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Sep 2020
Really enjoyed this one. Looking forward to S2 and beyond... Might need to pick up the Manga, how do they compare? I've heard good things.
Apr 2, 7:33 AM

Oct 2017
Not much wait and it'll be two cour again too.
Apr 5, 10:04 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was fast. Pretty exciting!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 9 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
9 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
10 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
11 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Today, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.