Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 5:15 PM
Mar 2021
Just finished season 2 and decided I'll wait a few years for the 3rd season instead of caving and reading the manga. I would like to know however, whether the story drops off after the confession(s) like many say that Kaguya-sama did or whether it stays strong or even gets better?

I realize the manga isn't actually that far ahead of the anime right now but am curious anyway so please indulge me.

Thanks.
Mar 30, 5:28 PM
Jul 2014
some of the best moments in the entire story come after the confessions
Mar 30, 5:30 PM
Mar 2021
Breakdown007 said:
some of the best moments in the entire story come after the confessions

Thank you Elizabeth.
Mar 30, 5:38 PM
Apr 2022
YES!!!! WHAT IS COMING IS BETTER THAN WHAT IT ALREADY IS-
Mar 30, 5:54 PM

Sep 2017
The story continues to maintain the level with powerful romantic and cathartic moments, Norio knows how to explore the couple's dynamics in an intelligent and satisfying way without becoming repetitive or boring.

I still recommend that you read the manga from 0 to 113 (which is where the anime ends) because the manga has much more subtext and better contextualizes some things that cannot be appreciated as much in the anime.
Mar 30, 6:02 PM
Mar 2023
In my opinion the manga remains at the same level. Following it week to week can make it feel slow but the character interactions are always layered and witty and the manga is still 100% centered on Kyo and Anna and still leads to satisfying payoffs.
Mar 30, 6:30 PM
Mar 2021
GonXalo said:
The story continues to maintain the level with powerful romantic and cathartic moments, Norio knows how to explore the couple's dynamics in an intelligent and satisfying way without becoming repetitive or boring.

I still recommend that you read the manga from 0 to 113 (which is where the anime ends) because the manga has much more subtext and better contextualizes some things that cannot be appreciated as much in the anime.

I'll listen to the advice you have been so generous to give me and once I've caught up with the 'My Dress-up Darling' Manga, I'll read through Bokuyaba too. Up to the confessions anyway.
Mar 30, 10:18 PM
Dec 2022
Yes, it gets way better. You'll love it.
Mar 31, 12:50 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to GonXalo

@GonXalo This comment has nothing to do with yours but i just wanna say that i love your pfp. Hina kawamoto, my all time favorite character
Mar 31, 1:43 AM
Sep 2020
okay so what chap do I start reading from after S2?
Mar 31, 1:52 AM
Feb 2018
Manga also has better art and is funnier.
Mar 31, 2:16 AM
Nov 2023
@ARMOB How do you expect me to believe that? Better than perfection? I can’t wait to see what it does to my feels, the last season really made a mess of me…
Mar 31, 4:36 AM
Feb 2021
The story doesn't really drop off starting from Vol. 9, but some recent chapters feel a bit streched out in my opinion and there are less romantic highlights as in previous volumes, but those few highlights are *really* breathtaking if you're mostly in for the romance aspect. The focus shifts away from will they won't they confess? to how far will they (physically) go? now and it's still a real pleasure to read the individual chapters.
Mar 31, 9:01 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to human4ever
okay so what chap do I start reading from after S2?
@human4ever
114 but the manga is only up to 141 or so. So not that much to read really, maybe half a cour of stuff if you compare it to the anime.
Mar 31, 9:08 AM
Sep 2020
Ogami1978 said:
@human4ever
114 but the manga is only up to 141 or so. So not that much to read really, maybe half a cour of stuff if you compare it to the anime.

well thank you! I'm just gonna catch up and see what's good!
Mar 31, 10:08 AM
Jan 2024
You don’t think it’s already good? The second season was full of so much charisma
Mar 31, 1:42 PM
Mar 2021
unlocked1 said:
You don’t think it’s already good? The second season was full of so much charisma

I rated both season 1 and 2 a 10/10. I'm just curious as to whether the author's writing has stood strong past the confession because Its very difficult to keep as much tension and enjoyment past that point.

Plus, a majority of older (and many newer) romances end after the couple get together so there aren't many sources for modern authors to draw from when learning how to do it well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
8 hours ago

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.