Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 7, 9:25 PM

May 2019
we're reaching levels of peak we haven't seen since kaguya season 3

THIS SHIT PEAK!!!!

Apr 8, 2:19 AM
Jan 2018
PEAKYABA PEAKYABA PEAKYABA PEAKYABA
Apr 8, 3:53 AM
Jan 2023
aye 10/10 fr, masterpiece.. still not surprised this anime got overall 8.82 rating overall
Apr 8, 4:02 AM
Jan 2023
aye 10/10 fr, masterpiece.. still not surprised this anime got overall 8.82 rating overall
Apr 8, 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
what a beautiful guy, thank you very much for the anime, for the manga, for this wonderful story, everything was so good, I loved this ending, I'm just sad that I didn't enjoy anything from my childhood, thank you very much for everything
Apr 9, 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
A spectacular season finale. Very heartwarming indeed to see their growth simultaneously.
Apr 10, 10:37 AM
Apr 2023
Começou com um maluco pirado e terminou bonitinho
Apr 10, 3:17 PM

Jul 2017
Perfectly satisfying conclusion to one of the easily best romances in recent years (if not the best). Watching supporting characters and, obviously, Ichikawa and Yamada grow and develop through pure genuinely realistic character chemistry is something you rarely see, especially with such an intelligent writing and a superb use of the infamous "show, don't tell". These confessions were easily the best I've ever seen in an animanga, maybe even in fiction, and made my heart of stone go soft and warm after a very long time of being cold as liquid nitrogen. Damn, I want a romance this beautiful...
Apr 11, 5:32 AM
Jan 2012
It's the sweetest love story I've seen so far. All these insecurities and misunderstandings make it feel so relatable and sincere. Looking forward to see further development of their relationship.
Apr 11, 12:28 PM

Nov 2020
OMG! This anime so freaking nice!!!
The best Romance anime I've ever seen!
Everything is perfect <3
A N I M E   I S   L I F E !
Apr 11, 5:57 PM
Jul 2021
Have fun watching this.
Apr 14, 4:49 AM

Jun 2020
Peak and refreshing romance right here, I really love Kyoutaro and Anna's characters development! What a masterpiece.
Apr 14, 9:27 AM
Sep 2020
Finally, the confession scene and it had me in tears cause of how good it was. The whole episode was an emotional roller coaster, but in the end, my heart was at peace. The Dangers in My Heart really lives up to its name because I nearly lost my life a lot of times throughout the season cause of extensive grinning, diabetes, and heart attacks, but all of them were absolutely worth it.

This quickly became my most favorite romance anime, and I love Anna and Kyoutarou so much that I can't put it into words. Every time I saw their interactions, I grinned like an idiot, even though I was a grown man. I loved seeing their developments throughout these two seasons, and I'm really proud of how much they have grown, especially Kyoutarou.

From the bottom of my heart, I give my utmost respect to Norio Sakurai sensei for making this masterpiece and studio Shin-Ei Animation for animating this masterpiece. I can't wait for season 3 and eagerly waiting for it 💖
Apr 14, 5:43 PM
Feb 2024
Simplesmente não tem palavras para descrever é simplesmente lindo
Apr 16, 4:27 PM
Jan 2023
Damn, what a beautiful last episode, and now Kyo and Anna are officially dating.

Just how the hell do you get under a girl's covers like that... good thing the other maniac was there to save the day by swinging around outside the window...

I really am gonna miss this show, and I sure as hell hope it gets a third season, it really needs one.

Well, it's a 9/10 from me, best romance I've ever watched (not that I've watched many...)
Apr 18, 7:08 PM
Jun 2023
Absolutely beautiful episode having the confession scene 😍.
Apr 19, 6:53 PM
Dec 2020
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Apr 19, 7:08 PM
May 2021
Otimo Anime para quem gosta de romance e comedia e anime gostoso de assistir
Apr 19, 10:11 PM

Nov 2013
Overall, not a bad story. Pretty down to earth. Classic low status guy meets high status girl.
Apr 20, 2:40 AM
May 2022
I fell in love with this one, can't wait for season 3 (hoping it will be confirmed)
Apr 20, 8:33 AM

Mar 2010
I keep forgetting they are kiddo's lol, But damn well done.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 20, 8:15 PM
Feb 2022
best romcom ever, best characters development ever, best confession ever. Goated anime and i'm not even joking.
absolutely peak 🐐
Apr 21, 5:21 AM
Jan 2018
good stuff, now I have post-ending depression xD
Apr 21, 8:20 PM
Dec 2023
best romance anime
Apr 23, 4:48 AM
Apr 2020
The characters actually and change grow, hope there's a S3
Apr 23, 4:49 AM
Apr 2020
The characters actually and change grow, hope there's a S3
Apr 23, 7:59 PM
Mar 2024
I think it is an excellent winter 2024 anime that deserves a ss3 release
Apr 26, 7:19 AM
Apr 2024
pretty good shit must watch
Apr 27, 10:21 PM
Aug 2020
Yup peLK HELP ME sup gnag gan g peak
May 3, 5:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best episode of this series by far, the direction was superb the whole time, and the OST choices were amazing.
The start of the episode is so funny and gives one more adorable scene with them together, like Anna had enough and was going for that kiss, asking if he thought she was mature and could behave more cooly, which she could NOT, with him so close to her (CUTE).

Tori's gates scene was PERFECT (starts around 6_50s), the music they play, such a beautiful background, Kyo confronting Anna, the emotion and them finally being honest with one another, it was ADORABLE, and it is the PEAK moment of what this series has achieved thus far, this and Anna confession at the end (the slow motion, camera angles, close up on her face, INSANELY GOOD).

A culmination of everything that we had previously seen in the other 24 episodes, scattered, and here all blocks fit together.
To be very honest now, I don't think S2 is an upgrade over S1, benefiting the amount of score increase we got, I found S2 better, but for starters, S1 had more adorable scenes, due to both awkwardly trying to together, and learning more about one another, S1 is more endearing.
(S1 was NEW and additive, I watched it in less than 24 hours, like I binged ep1-9 in a night, S2 took me longer, like 4 days, after each episode I wanted to watch more, but I could hold myself back more due to less ADORABLE shit getting me all mushy inside).

S2 is more mature, now that the main characters are most comfortable interacting together and addressing the feelings they tried to hide for themselves.
That is not to say Anna wasn't already very proactive in S1, she was, but Kyotaro was still not the person he needed to be to accept it all, and Anna herself understood he was slowly coming out of his shell, and kept being a bit more mature about it, provoking him less, but showing she was there to support him.
It is a loveable season, for different reasons than the first, but it doesn't betray S1 and leads the romance where it is needed while addressing some weak points of S1, the side characters, this makes sense since being a manga, you would expect with time, the side characters will get more meaningful and show what they are made off.

The second confession scene was awesome just like the first, as I previously said, this director understands the power of sound and really gave a cinematic feeling to these scenes, it is the climax and FELT so, we got no kiss, but it also felt right, pure and delightful to experience, bringing a sort of tranquility to the end of S2.

I found the fact that Kyotarou is now taller, and not much shorter than Anna really sweet, he is indeed growing and becoming more of a man himself, and this will be great for Anna's back, she already has quite the LOAD in the front, having to curve her back to give him so love will hurt her back long term, so Kyotaro as too grown taller and taller to prevent such a thing, would be made for a model's career after all. xD

Talking about S2 OPED, I loved ED right away, it is even better than S1, but I initially disliked the OP, with time I got to like it more and didn't skip it again after that, both OPED reflect the more mature and serious tone of S2, and S1 OPED are more endearing and sweet, fitting S1 (I love them all), so getting to hear the full ED for S2 when they are meeting in the library together, and then ending the whole season to S1 ED. very fitting.
The soundtrack all around was phenomenal, not as good as Gundam Witch, or Frieren (the other two shows I just finished), but still amazing, and it is composed by a talented dude who previously did works with quality OST too, not a surprise then:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensuke_Ushio
I hate to discuss every single episode on forums, too much of a pain, but it is episodes like this, that just get me back to write on the forums, to share what I felt, put my thoughts in order, and engage in conversation about true art, which is what both these seasons were.

I'm bumping the score for this season (considered an 8.9), after rewatching episode 13 twice, I'm grabbing the manga and the OST too. :3

9.2/10 = 9

S1 is still a 9, and in a way, my favorite due to all the precious scenes we had with two different individuals trying to close the gap, but I m glad for everything in S2.
I will immediately go to the manga, and check from where the anime ended, same as Frieren, and just read from chapter 1 when I catch up.

HOPEFULLY, the manga will address when Anna started to pay attention to Kyotaro, because ever since S1, it feels like she was already very aware of him, and there was some kind of trigger for her, to start caring for him, I want to see what was (that is a cliche I can't dislike on romance)!

IzanaSolos said:
You love to see it, it only took 25 episodes and two seasons for the main couple to get together. UNHEARD OF. Congratulations to Kyotaro Ichikawa and Anna Yamada!

My dude, you need to see more anime then, Rakudei Kishi did in 4 episodes, and on anime like Tsudere Children it doesn't take that long either, and there are other romances like Tsukirei that also don't take that long.
Now romance-wise this show is much better than any of those.
But I felt S2 dragged a bit, because S1 made a lot of progress in that department, early on, and then we spent tons of S2 episodes going back and forth, which felt padded to me.

That said, the argument can be made that Kyo also needed to develop himself inside, and he did that with S2. This season was great for developing characters way more, not just the main ones.

Ricky16 said:
Beautiful illustration:- I love it

This is from the manga yes? I didn't see it in the anime...

plus_SlamDunk said:

THIS SHIT PEAK!!!!

Romance-wise couldn't agree more, that said, for pure romance experience, this series is better, since Kaguya also has tons of comedy.
Kaguya same is the superior romcom, but this one has its strenghts.
PlaycoolMay 4, 4:30 AM
May 4, 4:47 AM
Aug 2022
Playcool said:
Best episode of this series by far, the direction was superb the whole time, and the OST choices were amazing.
The start of the episode is so funny and gives one more adorable scene with them together, like Anna had enough and was going for that kiss, asking if he thought she was mature and could behave more cooly, which she could NOT, with him so close to her (CUTE).

Tori's gates scene was PERFECT (starts around 6_50s), the music they play, such a beautiful background, Kyo confronting Anna, the emotion and them finally being honest with one another, it was ADORABLE, and it is the PEAK moment of what this series has achieved thus far, this and Anna confession at the end (the slow motion, camera angles, close up on her face, INSANELY GOOD).

A culmination of everything that we had previously seen in the other 24 episodes, scattered, and here all blocks fit together.
To be very honest now, I don't think S2 is an upgrade over S1, benefiting the amount of score increase we got, I found S2 better, but for starters, S1 had more adorable scenes, due to both awkwardly trying to together, and learning more about one another, S1 is more endearing.
(S1 was NEW and additive, I watched it in less than 24 hours, like I binged ep1-9 in a night, S2 took me longer, like 4 days, after each episode I wanted to watch more, but I could hold myself back more due to less ADORABLE shit getting me all mushy inside).

S2 is more mature, now that the main characters are most comfortable interacting together and addressing the feelings they tried to hide for themselves.
That is not to say Anna wasn't already very proactive in S1, she was, but Kyotaro was still not the person he needed to be to accept it all, and Anna herself understood he was slowly coming out of his shell, and kept being a bit more mature about it, provoking him less, but showing she was there to support him.
It is a loveable season, for different reasons than the first, but it doesn't betray S1 and leads the romance where it is needed while addressing some weak points of S1, the side characters, this makes sense since being a manga, you would expect with time, the side characters will get more meaningful and show what they are made off.

The second confession scene was awesome just like the first, as I previously said, this director understands the power of sound and really gave a cinematic feeling to these scenes, it is the climax and FELT so, we got no kiss, but it also felt right, pure and delightful to experience, bringing a sort of tranquility to the end of S2.

I found the fact that Kyotarou is now taller, and not much shorter than Anna really sweet, he is indeed growing and becoming more of a man himself, and this will be great for Anna's back, she already has quite the LOAD in the front, having to curve her back to give him so love will hurt her back long term, so Kyotaro as too grown taller and taller to prevent such a thing, would be made for a model's career after all. xD

Talking about S2 OPED, I loved ED right away, it is even better than S1, but I initially disliked the OP, with time I got to like it more and didn't skip it again after that, both OPED reflect the more mature and serious tone of S2, and S1 OPED are more endearing and sweet, fitting S1 (I love them all), so getting to hear the full ED for S2 when they are meeting in the library together, and then ending the whole season to S1 ED. very fitting.
The soundtrack all around was phenomenal, not as good as Gundam Witch, or Frieren (the other two shows I just finished), but still amazing, and it is composed by a talented dude who previously did works with quality OST too, not a surprise then:
I hate to discuss every single episode on forums, too much of a pain, but it is episodes like this, that just get me back to write on the forums, to share what I felt, put my thoughts in order, and engage in conversation about true art, which is what both these seasons were.

I'm bumping the score for this season (considered an 8.9), after rewatching episode 13 twice, I'm grabbing the manga and the OST too. :3

9.2/10 = 9

S1 is still a 9, and in a way, my favorite due to all the precious scenes we had with two different individuals trying to close the gap, but I m glad for everything in S2.
I will immediately go to the manga, and check from where the anime ended, same as Frieren, and just read from chapter 1 when I catch up.

HOPEFULLY, the manga will address when Anna started to pay attention to Kyotaro, because ever since S1, it feels like she was already very aware of him, and there was some kind of trigger for her, to start caring for him, I want to see what was (that is a cliche I can't dislike on romance)!

IzanaSolos said:
You love to see it, it only took 25 episodes and two seasons for the main couple to get together. UNHEARD OF. Congratulations to Kyotaro Ichikawa and Anna Yamada!

My dude, you need to see more anime then, Rakudei Kishi did in 4 episodes, and on anime like Tsudere Children it doesn't take that long either, and there are other romances like Tsukirei that also don't take that long.
But I felt S2 dragged a bit, because S1 made a lot of progress in that department, early on, and then we spent tons of S2 episodes going back and forth, which felt padded to me.

That said, the argument can be made that Kyo also needed to develop himself inside, and he did that with S2. This season was great for developing characters way more, not just the main ones.

Ricky16 said:

plus_SlamDunk said:

THIS SHIT PEAK!!!!

Romance-wise couldn't agree more, that said, for pure romance experience, this series is better, since Kaguya also has tons of comedy.

that's from X not from manga
May 4, 12:05 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Playcool

9.2/10 = 9

IzanaSolos said:

Ricky16 said:

plus_SlamDunk said:

THIS SHIT PEAK!!!!

@Playcool no way this s2 feels dragged out, literally every eps has each own topic,progress and development. I've seen many romance anime and many of them feels repetitive and dragged out but not in this one. Even the best romcom everyone said like Kaguya sama some times feels repetitive and dragged out. For me Bokuyaba is the best pure romance, it focused on the main couple progress and character growth and didn't rely on such unnecessary drama bulshit also I like that even tho the side characters didn't have much screen time but they still add something important for the story, it also has many little details every eps,this literally how every romance anime should be.
Wickjohn31May 4, 12:33 PM
May 4, 7:52 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Wickjohn31
@Playcool no way this s2 feels dragged out, literally every eps has each own topic,progress and development. I've seen many romance anime and many of them feels repetitive and dragged out but not in this one. Even the best romcom everyone said like Kaguya sama some times feels repetitive and dragged out. For me Bokuyaba is the best pure romance, it focused on the main couple progress and character growth and didn't rely on such unnecessary drama bulshit also I like that even tho the side characters didn't have much screen time but they still add something important for the story, it also has many little details every eps,this literally how every romance anime should be.
@Wickjohn31 The reason I feel it kinda of dragged a bit is because the time gap that we are seeing between episodes and scenes, it feels like many times they are stuck in the same status quo for weeks.
If I have to compare to reality, trying think about such a situation, I don't feel either part would take this long to make more significant advances.
Like Kyotaro knows he loves her, and that she probably loves him.

In episode 6 of S2, Kyotaru has to realize there is a HIGH chance she loves him, it is him she is talking about, he has to know, and re-watch the end of that episode.
Yet, time-wise, why does it take so long for him to have the balls to finally confess? She likes him back, but temptation would sooner take over him.
It is not dragged in the sense this is episode 6, and the confession is on episode 13, but rather I was paying attention to the passage of time, and it was definitely months, so that struck me as ODD.

If it was just a matter of weeks, would have made more sense to me, because the development, time-wise aside felt natural, since early on I argued this was also dragged because they were already having a relationship almost like couples even before the start of S2, but then you barely see much progression in romance, they are not getting even more closer for the most part, they already are close.
(and I realize this is also because Anna is letting him breath more, understand how he is more now, and giving him space and support)

What justifies this to me is that he needed to prepare himself, to further improve himself, and this is what Season 2 does, and there I agree with you that each episode had its own take making him learn and start to overcome his weakness.
I still feel it dragged a bit due to the time gap we experienced, but it is certainly a nitpick something small.
If I had to change anything to S2 thought, I would want it to also have more adorable scenes, through each episode, coupled with the character development, since like I said before, I felt the stage when both were awkward about each other and trying to close the gap, led to many endearing episodes that had me feeling like a naive and pure girl inside, smiling like crazy, feeling all fuzzy and warm (when I m a grown ass man)!!
So I wanted the whole of S2 to be that, and we had quite a few scenes of that, but not as distributed, since more serious character development was happening.

And something I loved about episode 13 is that it was full of those scenes again, being the climax and best episode of both seasons, the culmination of all those more serious character development arcs, and yet giving me all the sweetness and more than my poor maiden heart could take. Better yet, after they become a couple, you don't get less of them scenes, if anything they start becoming more spicy and daring~~

A possible season 3 if anything would get a better balance on doing this once again, from the start, than I felt S2 had for a good chunk of its airing (from what I have read from the manga).

There is a definite romcom that is better than this series, Kaguya same for me, but there is NO romcom currently out (not even Sono Bisque) that has me shipping the characters as HARD because this series in 25 episodes that has delivered far more captivating scenes with its couple, than any other series have ever done in the same number of episodes.
Most of these scenes are done with precise execution and proper OST to support, it is still something many romcoms and dramas, in general, are lacking, especially Oregairu, which has to have one of the blandest and devoid of any feelings soundtracks EVER.
PlaycoolMay 4, 8:02 PM
May 4, 8:04 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Ricky16
Playcool said:

9.2/10 = 9

IzanaSolos said:

Ricky16 said:

plus_SlamDunk said:

THIS SHIT PEAK!!!!

that's from X not from manga
@Ricky16 Does it belong to any chapter?
I got the manga, and there are multiple extra chapters, many coming with twitter art, but I have yet to find that one.

(fuck I cant put that huge comment I wrote before in spoilers, you could do so previously, in these situations, but now not even with a full edit I can access that code...)
May 4, 8:51 PM
Aug 2022
Playcool said:
I got the manga, and there are multiple extra chapters, many coming with twitter art, but I have yet to find that one.

(fuck I cant put that huge comment I wrote before in spoilers, you could do so previously, in these situations, but now not even with a full edit I can access that code...)

No that doesn't belong to any chapter.
Official Illustrator specially made that illustration for the last episode.
May 5, 6:43 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ricky16 said:
Playcool said:

Can you share a link? Want to get it too... The creator seems very active on twitter, regularly putting new stuff to the commemorate anime and chapter releases. It is nice to see and I m glad the creator was lucky to get a great staff that worked on this anime and an elevated it from the source, not fucking up or butchering shit.
PlaycoolMay 5, 6:46 AM
May 5, 7:08 AM
Aug 2022
Playcool said:
Ricky16 said:

Can you share a link? Want to get it too... The creator seems very active on twitter, regularly putting new stuff to the commemorate anime and chapter releases. It is nice to see and I m glad the creator was lucky to get a great staff that worked on this anime and an elevated it from the source, not fucking up or butchering shit.

okay I'll share you the direct link of the image

Edit:-
Bro thank me, it took 15 minutes to search the whole X accounts of this anime(official & afflications accounts) just kidding no need thanks me i feel how you feel, I also sometimes find some illustration posted on MAL very attractive that I ask the user to send me the Illustration link.
Ricky16May 5, 7:26 AM
May 7, 12:27 AM
May 2022
Best end ever! Absolute cinema.
May 7, 12:44 AM
May 2022
Every scene of this anime is a masterpiece. The conversation of the other characters with each other it's so natural and seems so real. 10/10 of this ending.
May 7, 12:10 PM
Oct 2009
So is it the END ? Would be a nice spot to END. Btw am i the only one who likes other girls more than Yamanda, i mean Sekine and Yamada's mom a much cuter.
May 8, 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
I was ready to hate on the moment they'd say "the" line but it was so nicely handed, I cried in the end.
I should quit this genre entirely, it hits like a cinder block when you double the age of the characters involved.

May 9, 12:39 PM

Apr 2018
easily aoty contender
May 9, 2:51 PM
Nov 2023
i give this anime rating on 9/10 because Visual,Plot and character development is good.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 20

169 by Playcool »»
Apr 30, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.