Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Where do you want to see Jeju Island arc?
Mar 30, 9:50 AM

Nov 2019
Personally, I would like to see it next season so that this one could be fully about
Also, I don't want them to speed things up in order to shoehorn an arc that is supposed to be like 5 episodes long. As a movie, I'm not sure. With the pacing season one had, they can finish the whole story in 4 cours. A movie would mess things up. What do you think?
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Mar 30, 10:16 AM

Jan 2009
season 2 obviously i do not want a movie and i doubt they will do a movie for jeju island arc
Mar 30, 10:37 AM
May 2022
hm... I guess they'll make it next season,
Of course and we know that chapter in the manhwa, about jeju island it's still quite a long way to go.
I hope they can choose how to tell the story well and not rush it.
Moreover, Jinwoo will still get some of his other shadow soldiers.
Mar 30, 10:40 AM
Dec 2022
Next season. That's where I want it to be.
Mar 30, 10:50 AM

May 2009
There is no way they're covering it in Season 2.

Like Season 1 covered up to chapter 55 of the WN, Jeju Island Arc starts at chapter 110.

Season 2 will cover 56-109 which is Red Gate, Demon Castle, Reevaluation/Porter arcs.

I don't see them cutting any of these huge arcs short or skipping one of them.

But it is possible that Jeju Island is going to be in movie form, or we get more seasons.
Mar 30, 11:48 AM

Aug 2019
It's clear that Jeju Island is season 3 content.
S1 adapted 45 chapters.
The raid starts in chapter 95 and ends with chapter 107.
Mar 30, 1:49 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to Lumilicious
There is no way they're covering it in Season 2.

Like Season 1 covered up to chapter 55 of the WN, Jeju Island Arc starts at chapter 110.

Season 2 will cover 56-109 which is Red Gate, Demon Castle, Reevaluation/Porter arcs.

I don't see them cutting any of these huge arcs short or skipping one of them.

But it is possible that Jeju Island is going to be in movie form, or we get more seasons.
@Lumilicious Adapting the Jeju Island Arc will be the most tricky thing for A-1 to avoid backlash in Japan due to this arc covers political theme by making Japan look weak and the bad guy. I think they will cut some parts here or remove nationality and country names.
Mar 30, 1:57 PM
Jul 2019
Next season. This arc has lot of political controversy about Japan so A-1 might plan carefully here. This is also the arc where we might see some changes like removing country names and the story differ a little to avoid a major backlash at home.
Mar 30, 2:08 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Yaggamy
S1 adapted 45 chapters.
@Yaggamy given that they add some scenes in the novel they might not be following the manwha specifically
Mar 30, 2:08 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Yaggamy
S1 adapted 45 chapters.
@Yaggamy given that they added some scenes in the novel they might not be following the manwha specifically
Mar 30, 2:10 PM

May 2009
Reply to Gilgamesh216
Next season. This arc has lot of political controversy about Japan so A-1 might plan carefully here. This is also the arc where we might see some changes like removing country names and the story differ a little to avoid a major backlash at home.
@Gilgamesh216 This won't be an issue as A1 is adapting the localized Japanese version of the story, not the Korean one.

There is no Jinwoo in their version, his name is Shun Mizushino and he's Japanese. The "bad guys" in the Jeju Island raid are from a fictional country. The question is how they're going to treat the global japanese dub as we do have our own version. Adapting this will be easy with these changes.
Mar 30, 2:12 PM
Apr 2021
If there are to be 6 seasons, the last point they can reach with this pacing is where
, so definitely not this season.
Mar 30, 2:46 PM

Feb 2017
Assuming it'd be in season 3, but also iirc the current scenes with Choi focusing on Jeju already have been anime original scenes, so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow change this arc and move the story around a bit. Wouldn't be too happy about it of course, but I do feel like it would be strange to already foreshadow this arc so much for it to then not play a big role at all in season 2.
Mar 30, 3:04 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Katalizor
If there are to be 6 seasons, the last point they can reach with this pacing is where
, so definitely not this season.
@Katalizor 6 seasons? What makes you think so? I feel like that's too many.
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Mar 30, 3:22 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to handsomedevil567
@Yaggamy given that they added some scenes in the novel they might not be following the manwha specifically
handsomedevil567 said:

Yep, they added new content that wasn't in the LN or manhwa.
The point is, that they can't start the Jeju Island raid in the next 12 episodes. It's going to be season 3 content.
Jeju Island also requires huge budgets to get it right, and season 2 is already packed with big fights.
Mar 30, 3:39 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Ki11grave
@Katalizor 6 seasons? What makes you think so? I feel like that's too many.
@Ki11grave Yes, you are right, but the leaks on Twitter said that it was planned for 6 seasons (you can also check the anime news pages on Instagram). I don't know how they will extend it this long, but it seems like they will devote more time to side stories and characters that have been seen less.
Mar 30, 4:12 PM
Jun 2008
6 season if they want to adapt the Ragnarok sequel to
Mar 31, 9:24 AM
Oct 2012
Solo Leveling was super popular in the west, if it does equally as well in JP then next season could be 24~ episodes which would enable Jeju Island without it being rushed.
Apr 2, 10:37 AM
May 2023
Reply to Gilgamesh216
@Lumilicious Adapting the Jeju Island Arc will be the most tricky thing for A-1 to avoid backlash in Japan due to this arc covers political theme by making Japan look weak and the bad guy. I think they will cut some parts here or remove nationality and country names.
@Gilgamesh216 if you’ve been seeing the reconnaissance mission the S ranks are doing is the way they’ll twist the story to avoid that since it was in agreement with the original author. But the Jeju arc would probably fit in episode 12 and make 13 an hour long, but this is aniplex we are talking about so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Apr 2, 10:40 AM
May 2023
Reply to emsax
Solo Leveling was super popular in the west, if it does equally as well in JP then next season could be 24~ episodes which would enable Jeju Island without it being rushed.
@emsax also got to take in account stuff like climaxes in stories/anime. It would be weird to start an anime with a major arc like Jeju, so it’s impossible really do that. It’s either they’ll make it a movie/ or episodes 12/13 will be an hour long.
Apr 2, 2:08 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Carmelodube
@emsax also got to take in account stuff like climaxes in stories/anime. It would be weird to start an anime with a major arc like Jeju, so it’s impossible really do that. It’s either they’ll make it a movie/ or episodes 12/13 will be an hour long.
@Carmelodube Well, My Hero Academia seasons 3, 4, 6 and probably 2 have their more hype arcs in the first cour.
Apr 2, 3:28 PM
May 2023
Reply to Ki11grave
@Carmelodube Well, My Hero Academia seasons 3, 4, 6 and probably 2 have their more hype arcs in the first cour.
@Ki11grave okay let me try to make it specific, in Solo leveling’s case - it makes zero sense to start with a an arc as huge as Jeju. And also it works differently for how studios structure action/storytelling packed arc. Solo leveling story flows different so take that into account aswell.
Apr 11, 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Absolutely Season 3 at the earliest. There's a lot of material before Jeju, and I mean a looooooot. Going about it right away in the season 2 would be way, waaaay too early. Unless they want to really speedrun the story, as it wasn't the main selling point of this in the first place. I guess it could be in a movie right after season 2, but the earlier it happens the worse the anime is gonna get.
I'm attempting a challenge of 10 full days of anime watched or manga read for every year of life I lived to become a certified weeb.
Cheer me on!
Apr 11, 4:54 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I hope the studio take their time and probably add many anime-original scenes before and during Jeju Island Arc because that arc is the last good arc before the series starting to decline and get stale.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know if Solo Leveling Season 2 will be getting English dubbed episodes on the release schedule?

did4375 - May 14

9 by ejleon »»
May 15, 10:09 PM

» Solo Leveling Season 2 WILL Show Love to Side Characters Outside of Jin-woo

deg - May 12

8 by SuntProstMare »»
May 12, 8:26 AM

» Release Period?

Eternal_Magnanim - Mar 30

13 by EnergyCrystal »»
Apr 10, 6:56 PM

» Training arc?

Zeekto - Mar 30

10 by Zeekto »»
Apr 2, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.