Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 6:23 AM
Sep 2008
This episode has all the signs of a bad and generic isekai.
Apr 2, 10:16 AM
Jan 2024
I started watching it, then we got to the banishment and i remembered that I've read this as a manga some time ago..

Then we got to the earth golem doggo scene and i remembered that this was the point I dropped the manga.
And it was just as bad in the anime. I'll give it another episode but I doubt ill continue after that.
Apr 2, 10:49 AM

Mar 2013
Average series as I've read it.
Really has a lot of potential from the premise but simply has a bad storyline.

Remind me again why we're getting anime adaptations of newly created stories, and not the old ones which have a better story in them... sigh.

Anyway, as someone who has watched something like this before, I can't wait to see how they will trash this.
CrazyButNot4UApr 2, 10:55 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 2, 11:22 AM

Aug 2009
The animation I can understand, they had very limited budged so they went with "make them move as little as possible" route. But how can this voice acting be so bad. This might be some talentless idol playing as voice actor per usuall but how is this so half-assed, its like he had one take for all scenes and did them all while hungover. Even worse the supporting characters are doing quite well, making this gap in talent/effort even greater. What the hell...
Apr 2, 11:58 AM
Jul 2014
Why the heck is she apologising for hiding her healing power, when he says nothing about hiding his cheat skills? At least she was doing something useful with hers.
Apr 2, 3:05 PM
Jan 2009
This seems like a good contender for worst show of the season, wonder what the competition will be like. :)
Apr 2, 4:31 PM
Apr 2023
Kinda amazed by the reviews being so negative, i can easily say I've seen much worse get higher ratings. This show feels very generic/average a baseline power fantasy with an OP Mc. At least this one isn't a shota
Apr 2, 5:26 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Hot-Pantaloons
Kinda amazed by the reviews being so negative, i can easily say I've seen much worse get higher ratings. This show feels very generic/average a baseline power fantasy with an OP Mc. At least this one isn't a shota
@Hot-Pantaloons I agree I've seen worst shit, this a typical ok-ish filler, not so good but not so bad too, the classical fantasy adventure that you watch when you have already watched all the other good stuff of the day, is a generic anime for relax before going to bed.
But in part I understand the outrage in the comments, is very generic and unoriginal.
Apr 2, 5:28 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Franz_Furantsu
@Hot-Pantaloons I agree I've seen worst shit, this a typical ok-ish filler, not so good but not so bad too, the classical fantasy adventure that you watch when you have already watched all the other good stuff of the day, is a generic anime for relax before going to bed.
But in part I understand the outrage in the comments, is very generic and unoriginal.
@Franz_Furantsu for sure especially pushing into ep2 its definitely nothing spectacular lol.
Apr 2, 7:17 PM

Mar 2016
I remember I called this my first drop of the season, like two months ago when I saw that visual and a pv. And yeah, this is plain bad.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 2, 9:27 PM

Sep 2018
Atrocious first episode, shoddy artwork and pathetic animation, if you can even call it that. I have seen anime that Shouta Ai has been in, but this is the first time I've took notice of his voice. Maybe it's because of all the oversaturation of specific VAs, it sounded refreshing IMO
Apr 2, 11:25 PM
Jan 2009
The art and animation of a early 2000s Newgrounds animation, the plot of a badly written children's book, and the character depth of a cast created by having ChatGPT watch 20 isekais in a row.
Apr 3, 12:47 AM

Jun 2022
That was painful to watch. the animation is so static and the plot progression is cliche. the premise had potential but the animation just hurts to watch. the VAs are good tho...
My Candies:

Apr 3, 4:18 AM

Jul 2020
wow this must be the pinnacle of ugliness
Apr 3, 5:43 AM
Feb 2024
Rather unfortunate, but I do not think this had a good start.

Maybe I'm biased from coming off a high-quality winter season...or I have stuff like Spice and wolf, slime, Mushoku Tensei and Konosuba to look forward to...but this really looked bland.

I might see if the source material is any better.
Apr 3, 7:38 AM
Nov 2021
História Medíocre, personagens genéricos e sem carisma, animação ruim. O amime não tem nenhum ponto positivo para ser recomendado
Apr 3, 8:57 AM

Jun 2020
That’s was definitely a writing …..and the dragon was ugliest dragon I ever seen
Apr 3, 11:35 AM

Mar 2024
Truly hilarious dragon fight. Probably the highlight of the episode, even if for unintended reasons. What else is there to say about this, not much. We've all seen the same thing a million times before. But hey, at least this guy has ear rings!!
Apr 3, 1:04 PM

Aug 2019
Yep this is about as bad as I thought it was going to be lol the animation looks pretty bad in some parts and it just doesn't look very interesting to begin with. Also did he really just heal a wagon? LMAO

And he used this OP ability to kill 3 tiny wolves...
Apr 3, 5:15 PM

Aug 2023
The animation on that dragon was ROUGH. But also bro be talking about how he's in a life where he is considered useless, as if he didn't go out of his way to be useless so he could get banished so he could do what he wanted xD Like... you chose that for yourself my guy
Apr 3, 6:19 PM
Sep 2018
If you're going to completely disregard the premise 5 minutes into the first episode, why even bring it up at all? I feel like I got baited... which might be forgivable if the story wasn't the worst I've ever seen. If you told me ChatGPT wrote it I'd believe you. In one episode he's thrown away 15 years of "waiting to live a peaceful life", saved the princess (while she literally screams ALAN-KUN SAVE ME), and defeated a godlike dragon stronger than this world's hero. How did this get an anime adaptation??
Apr 3, 7:08 PM
Mar 2021
Apr 4, 2:05 AM

Dec 2007
This show came off as an anime version of a junior high school stage play where the students don't want to, but are forced to do it. It's really something just how much the poor quality of this show stood out.
Apr 4, 8:31 AM
Jul 2021
What a complete disaster of an anime. Shit’s tormenting to watch
Apr 4, 2:01 PM
Mar 2022
Definitely Switch off your Brain to Watch this…
Apr 5, 10:49 AM
Jul 2020
Mediocre, dialogue is cringe, MC feels weird, everything else feels meh
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
I watch a lot of trash anime. I like watching trash anime. I enjoy trash anime.
But I couldn't finish the first episode for this.
Apr 5, 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
I am going to live a peaceful life. Kills a dragon in the first episode. I remember reading the manga a couple years back and though this was bad and man the anime is just as bad. I like Isekai but this is awful.
Apr 6, 3:00 AM
Mar 2012
banished quiet life subgenre, mc already failed that as usual.
that just Towa but a princess.
Apr 6, 2:42 PM

May 2009
This is so half-assed or rather bad. Even victimization from evil family, no one cares about it not even MC and of course, he actually has overpowered magical capabilities he hid whole time.
Apr 6, 9:48 PM
Nov 2021
Honestly not sure why these types of anime are made. Its so contradictory to the alleged plot after all. If you actually like this type of stuff, let me know why.
Apr 7, 9:17 PM
Aug 2016
Bland rushed garbage.
Apr 8, 11:19 AM
Feb 2016
Thrash to pierce the bottom of the trash heap. There is nothing, and I really mean nothing, passable about this. From VA, through animation to horrendous story. The worst possible combination. It's not “so bad, it's funny”. It's bland, boring, cheesy, and just bad.
Apr 8, 4:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I can't believe this dumpster fire manage to have all those good list of va smh

But well here i am trying to understand why the banished former hero lives as he pleases can be this bad. Its actually real bad.

Other than that, those hero really shocked me a while with the gender. Thought that's the boy since its hero after all, but its a girl making her a heroine, which making mc ultimately build harem as he pleases. Good shit, okay?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 9, 12:00 AM
Jun 2012
Sub par all things considered. Animation alone is fairly disjointed and inconsistent.

At times it fell off for minutes.

As tho different segments were handled by different personnel or even parallel teams/studios.

I'll continue on. As it appears the first three episodes may have been released at the same time?
Apr 10, 3:35 AM

Nov 2020
XD why are such things created? Can you make money from it? does the studio just like to waste time and money?
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

May 2015
Wow.......................................I'm really easy to please consuming basically every isekai thats ever come out but this, this sets a new bar for how generic isekai can get. I'm generally not negative about anime as even generic stuff can be fun but this is just bland. Like across the board the character designs look boring, the voice acting is meh, the animation is a bit jank like the dragon running across the wall or its fire not moving much and I'm just sitting here like "huh......................that was indeed an episode of anime"

I did notice one of the main characters voices on this series is their first main role which I was excited about as its always nice to get new voice actor talent but I doubt I'll even see them in the anime because of how little motivation this first episode has given me. (Edit: I take this part back as I've just realised it was the princess that was the first major role. Shame I didnt even notice they were a new voice.)

I very much cant see myself finishing this anime. Especially when I have like 3 other isekai from this same anime season to watch that all look more promising then this. But thats the nice thing about isekai at this point is we're always getting like 2 to 3 per season so if we dont like one theres plenty more. (Edit: Yeah I cant be arsed. Been a long while, if maybe the first time since I've dropped a series right away on episode 1)
DarknessRealityApr 10, 2:56 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 13, 12:23 AM
Jul 2022
This show is worse than filler anime, never thought I’d say that.
Apr 13, 4:13 PM

Nov 2009
such a coincidence that the "NEW HERO" is also a girl, making the "OLD HERO" the only male of the group for that Harem. LOL

Imagine if the new hero was also a male, and as the trope dictates, the "princess ends up with the hero", this would become half-NTR on the old hero as the Princess already has good feelings toward him and he toward her. But God ships the Princess with the new Hero.

BTW... does the MC really need to use that multiple sword attack on the golem dogs? he could probably just do 3 slashes and done... feels like he's literally just showing off, even tho he said "I don't like to show people my real powers"...

Also... "Things are different this life" HUH?

So did the MC get betrayed by other Humans in past life or something? is that how he died and then ends up reincarnating?

And is that why he wants a chill life? so he doesn't have to go around being a hero that eveyrone knows about and forcing him into specific "jobs".

Tho it looks like GOD is still making him become a Hero anyways... by way of sending the Princess (indirectly) to MC to "guide" him while guiding Akira... LOL
amlgApr 13, 4:18 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 15, 3:36 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to PyschoPops
This man healed a cart, This man used 2 named attacks to kill NPC wolves, My man spent 15 years of his life doing nothing and then when he's banished for his uselessness he says he wants to live a peaceful life???? It doesn't get more peaceful than 15 YEARS of time-wasting
@PyschoPops My God, this analysis was funnier than an entire season of whatever this garbage fire of an anime adaptation is going to be. The dragon running sideways on the mountain is where I snapped.
Apr 15, 4:35 PM
Oct 2020
The japanese sure are good at making annoying female characters *giggles*
Apr 16, 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
i just watched the first episode. I saw the description and thought "hmm looks interesting, lets check it out." GOD, WTF IS GOING ON? I love trash isekai, really, i do love it but this one must the worst i have seen to this day. I cringed so hard when the "music" started to play and that dragon "RAN"... I can't...
Apr 16, 12:08 PM
Dec 2023
My Reaction was like a Meme
"What the fuck is this piece of shit"
Apr 24, 11:37 AM
Apr 2017
About as fun as stale bread.
Apr 29, 12:09 PM
Sep 2023
PyschoPops said:
This man healed a cart, This man used 2 named attacks to kill NPC wolves, My man spent 15 years of his life doing nothing and then when he's banished for his uselessness he says he wants to live a peaceful life???? It doesn't get more peaceful than 15 YEARS of time-wasting

i thought he reincarnated up untill the memory scenes in the upcoming eps
🤣🤣
May 7, 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
What do people want? it was nice first ep. What is there to dislike so much?
the animation is very nice, the story is like every isekai so far
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 13

11 by KANLen09 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 6

18 by Phillory »»
May 15, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

25 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
May 14, 6:00 PM

» Why so low score? I think it is good 6/10, 7/10 or 8/10 anime but not below 5..

Thyriad-oPPailov - May 8

19 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Dekisokonai to Yobareta Motoeiyuu wa Jikka kara Tsuihou sareta node Sukikatte ni Ikiru Koto ni Shita Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

24 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
May 8, 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.