Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 8:53 AM
Jun 2019
Anyone else felt like the episode was a bit oddly paced? It felt more like a compilation of events and quick gags instead of a story.
Apr 10, 8:56 AM
May 2021
So it finally released officially today lol. Gotta wait for 2 more weeks to watch ep 3 , sigh!
Apr 10, 8:58 AM

Mar 2020
konosuba is back baby !!
check out odd taxi
Apr 10, 9:00 AM
Jul 2023
The party is totally back.

Got more serious undertone this time.
Apr 10, 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
Seeing some people disappointed with the plot and humour of the first episode, but I thought it was the same old Konosuba we’ve come to know and love, plus connecting back to the movie was a nice touch and giving us a little recap was good after 5 years.

Thought Kazuma still having nightmares about Sylvia “poking” him and realising his popular phase may not be quite what he expected was hilarious. His moments with Megumin were cute too. Not a fan of their ship, but definitely some wholesome moments today.

The demon pretending to be a helpless little girl had that good old Konosuba bait and switch too 😂

As usual, so many funny quips and jokes that it’s hard to highlight one in particular, but I thought Aqua was hilarious today especially when giving out advice about how to make choices. For once she actually said something smart(still best girl).

Can’t wait to see Darkness’ arc adapted starting next week! Solid first episode back. Studio looks like they got the same quality as the first couple seasons.
Marinate1016Apr 10, 9:52 AM
Apr 10, 9:04 AM

Mar 2018
its a same-old, same-old episode, and like always, the op is such a banger
Apr 10, 9:16 AM

Jul 2023
The pacing, animation, voice acting are still as great as ever!! They make even more funny faces than in the previous seasons. Some might criticize it but I find it very fitting since It's a comedy!!
Apr 10, 9:29 AM

Mar 2020
Just more classic Konosuba. I'm so glad this is back. It was one of the first few anime I watched back when I started, and it's like it never left, even though it's been quite a few years since the movie. Though the humour is very loud, this is one of those instances where I feel it works for me. Konosuba didn't feel the same with the Megumin spin-off, but with Kazuma back, it makes a heck of a difference.
Apr 10, 9:41 AM

Nov 2017
Still as funny as ever!
Apr 10, 9:43 AM

Dec 2023
The show got a new studio and so far it looks a lot better. I haven't always been the biggest fan of its comedy but this episode had some good laughs.

Kazuma's PTSD really kicking in lol.
Sep 2021
plant monster spit around because it had to be nice to humans was hillarious

Jan 2019
Episode was a pretty good catch-up and compilation of moments that weren't adapted in the movie, as well as setting up book 6's arc. Really glad the mimick/siren scene got animated, that was one of my favourite parts of the book.

Love the OP too, my instant favourite over the other two I think.

Apr 10, 9:45 AM

Jan 2019
sonkun911 said:
Anyone else felt like the episode was a bit oddly paced? It felt more like a compilation of events and quick gags instead of a story.

It's kind of a remix of moments from book 5 that weren't adapted in the movie, set-up for book 6's plot and some anime original stuff.

Apr 10, 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
Lol, Konosuba is exactly the same as I remembered it before. The same cheesy and stupid humor that makes you want to watch it even more with every joke, lmao.
Apr 10, 10:20 AM

Oct 2016
is the end of the episode supposed to be that abrupt during the letter?

also, i dont know if were supposed to know this since its been a while and im an old ass man... why is Darkness so opposed to the diner?
Apr 10, 10:22 AM
Dec 2021
A masterpiece, no doubt about it.
Apr 10, 10:36 AM

Dec 2022
I'll just pretend I didn't see the leaked version. Like the dense harem protagonist who pretends not to see his tsundere friend's panties but still gets beat up anyway.

My boy Kazuma is finally back, and he's on a quest to deal with his PTSD from getting poked by Sylvia five years ago! Crazy Exploding Girl is still crazy and exploding, and sends Kazuma into overdrive with her hand holding skill! Plant Girl encounter reminds us that Kazuma is still the only one with a brain, and puts him back to his senses so we can have more adventures! For some reason, Kazuma didn't notice Chris steal the money hammer! That's gotta be worth at least 5 or 6 of her pantsu!

Amidst the ocean of dime a dozen shitty isekais, a refreshing parody is much appreciated. So glad to have this back!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Apr 10, 10:38 AM
Nov 2022
it's back!!! The definitive isekai is back!!!

Damn, from the first minutes it made me smile genuinely, I have high expectations for this season and as I see MAL's statistics I'm not the only one xd.

I love this comedy that Konosuba has, it goes from being serious to having such a silly comedy that despite being a little predictable is still very funny.

I would have liked them to keep the hammer a little longer, it would have been interesting to see how they use it xddd.
Apr 10, 11:16 AM
Oct 2023
its so good to be back. glad to see the gang again. also it was fucking hilarious. very excited to see where this goes, the invitation has my curiosity peaked.
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
It’s back! It’s finally freaking back! After so many years KonoSuba has finally returned with a brand new season! I missed this show so much!

And it looks just as good as past seasons if not better. So glad we still have the same goofy expressions. I guess it’s not the studio name that matters but the staff who actually work on the anime... Always has been.

The new OP is very good. But it'll take some time to get used to it. Still can't believe it’s finally here.

They sure took their time making the 3rd season even though the source material was already complete. And it’s a bit disappointing to see that there will be 11 episodes only after so much time. But I guess I should be content that it's back at least. I just hope they'll announce season 4 and all subsequent sequels after this season ends...

I know the episode was leaked for a while but I'm glad I held on for the official release. Makes the wait feel all the more worth it.

It seems Kazuma is still traumatized from the events of the movie. Poor guy. I would also get some wild ideas if I got sexually harassed by a freak like that too.

Man, why was Darkness so freaked out by that letter? Does her family have bad blood with Princess Iris or something? Either way, I'm excited to find out soon.

Having KonoSuba, Slime and Mushoku Tensei air on the same season feels like I'm getting spoiled. Feels so good to have all these good isekai shows to look forward to.

I just wish Re:Zero was also airing. But maybe having it air near the end of the year alone is a good thing cause then all the focus will be directed towards it. Hope we'll get a new season of Isekai Quartet soon too.
0451Apr 10, 11:35 AM
Apr 10, 12:19 PM

Apr 2022
I'm so happy that we got new season. In my opinion stylistically/ animation quality wise it's worse than productions we had from J.C.Staff or Studio Deen, but even though, studio Drive did a good job anyway. I hope it will be even better later!
Apr 10, 12:20 PM
Mar 2023
trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Apr 10, 12:21 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Autoparts_22
The show got a new studio and so far it looks a lot better. I haven't always been the biggest fan of its comedy but this episode had some good laughs.

Kazuma's PTSD really kicking in lol.
@Autoparts_22 I like new season very much but contrary to your opinion character design and animation quality were much better from Studio Deen or J.C.Staff (movie).
Apr 10, 12:39 PM
Jul 2023
I’m really hoping this season does as well as the previous ones
Apr 10, 12:59 PM
Aug 2021
So Kazuma and gang are back, this first episode wasted no time and went straight into the funny and dumb humour we all love, and we got a cute scene with megumin so it's an amazing start. God I missed the feeling this show gave me years ago
Apr 10, 1:48 PM

Jun 2016
Finally! they're back! funny episode.
Apr 10, 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
It's been a long wait, but it's great to have Kazuma and his hectic friends once again for another season of Konosuba! =D

The Megumin spinoff last year was a good starter for what's to come and this first episode for the third season was a reminder of how wacky and hilarious the comedy antics are when Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin and Darkness are all together. The facial expressions in particular always hits home and leaves me in heavy laughter.

As always, another season also means a new OP song from Machico and, like with her previous songs, this one is also great.

It might be only 11 episodes, but this season is going to be one entertaining adventure, that I very sure of!
Apr 10, 1:55 PM
Dec 2023
classic konosube
Apr 10, 1:58 PM

Feb 2020
I missed this trio
Apr 10, 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
I was a bit "concerned" about the show coming back after so long since I didn't really enjoy the Megumin spin off that much besides Yunyun and Komekko but the show is still pretty funny and I can't get enough of their facial expressions, granted I didn't laugh as hard as before but still a good chuckle here and there, I'm glad to have more of Darkness and Sora voicing Aqua.
Apr 10, 2:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It really is a shame this leaked early, it kinda feels like there isn’t as much hype because of it, but I plan on waiting for the actual releases like I did with this first episode so all is good for me at least lol. And this was a very fun first episode, the comedy may have been a bit chaotic but the plot was simple enough to ease into the new season, it really is nice seeing Kazuma and the gang together again, although it was just last year I got into this series it still feels like it’s been a while lol. And it looks very good too, it’s probably nearly identical to how the first two seasons looked, I’d have to have them side by side to tell exactly but they nailed the classic look for sure, and I’m happy that I do still find the gags amusing too, I see some folks that no longer find it funny and that sucks for them, I however will be enjoying this just like the Megumin spin-off last year.

This episode had lots of good bits, Kazuma’s Sylvia PTSD was funny with the several stages it had, with him finally getting over it by the end of the episode, and I think I especially liked the plant loli monster bit, she actually was pretty convincing despite Kazuma’s warnings, we saw the true face later tho which gave us a great Kazuma reaction lol, the funny faces were a plenty for sure which I appreciate. And unfortunately that mallet they found was snatched by Chris, I absolutely can’t imagine why she would do that and I’m not lying right now lol, and at the end we got what I’m assuming is a tease for the first big plot of this season which I’m looking forward to seeing as Darkness was spooked from that letter lol.

And the OP at the end was very very good, love the visuals along with the song by Machico who has been doing the OPs since Season 1, I’m not sure if I’d say I like it more than the other two yet but it may very well get there over time, what I’m really excited for tho is the ED because Konosuba has some great chill EDs, I’m hoping this one carries that torch.
TheColonel76Apr 10, 2:49 PM
Apr 10, 2:59 PM
Mar 2023
The best isekai is back, the comedy is back, the GOAT is back

KONOSUBA IS BACK!!!!!
Apr 10, 3:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fun start, Kazuma won't become a monk after seeing that fake scam plant monster girl lmao, and RIP the infinite money generator hammer that's the worst thing you can lose from stealing xD Can't wait to see the meeting with the princess now
Apr 10, 3:25 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
Need more useless goddess Aqua asap
Apr 10, 3:31 PM
Mar 2023
Goatsuba is back lfgoooo
Apr 10, 3:41 PM
Feb 2021
Holy hell the amount of doomposting going on is insane.
its a fun show
Apr 10, 3:51 PM
May 2018
I'm not find funny in this episode, boring, dialogue feel force to make a joke and not natural. To many screaming nonsense and silly face. I can't bear hearing the constant of screaming
Apr 10, 4:23 PM

Aug 2021
now this is what i've been waiting for. changing studios always poses a risk of things being lost in translation and decreased in quality but if this one episode is any showing on how this season will play out, i don't think that's the case. they nailed everything. the humor, the timing, facial expressions. all the main voice actors are back and doing their thing. in studio drive we trust
Apr 10, 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Good and old konosuba is back.
Apr 10, 4:49 PM
Oct 2016
Legend come back.
Apr 10, 4:50 PM
May 2021
Me da demasiada nostalgia un muy bien inicio, para la continuacion
Apr 10, 4:54 PM
Dec 2013
KonoSuba Season 3 is finally here! As someone who has watched S1 7 times and S2 6 times, I am very happy to see more KonoSuba. Nice to see Luna again. Oh, and I suppose Kazuma, Aqua, Megumin (to a lesser extent since the Megumin/Yunyun spinoff was recent) and Darkness too. Hopefully it's better than the movie, which I didn't really like that much. Also, Chris is a bitch. Surprised how the third season of KonoSuba is significantly more popular than the third season of Blue Exorcist, when the first season of both shows are equally popular.
wildhoodApr 14, 8:22 AM
Apr 10, 5:15 PM

Oct 2023
I like this animation, I expected something worse.
Apr 10, 5:24 PM
Apr 2021
Finally after dodging the screenshots of this episode since it got leak we finally got the official released version and I just gotta say I’m so fucking happy we are back man I missed this show so much and I missed the gang🥹

The amount of times I actually laughed out loud is unreal I think more than 10 times at least from Kazuma having his traumatic ass dream to Kazuma saying “yes I’m Kazuma” everytime the girl called out his name to Kazuma catching the little girl monster red handed to him saying “fuck it I don’t need this journey anymore” and abandoning his dream to become a monk half way through the episode all had me laughing so hard man istg I fucking love and missed this show, no show other than Saiki K makes me laugh this hard😭🤣😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bro really got an invitation from a princess and him Aqua and Megumin knew exactly what to do…and that was to finally become royalty status and stop living like brokies😭🤣🤣🤣

Yo why tf was Chris looking SO FUCKING FINEEEEE in this episode??? She was fine don’t get me wrong but for some reason she EXTRA EXTRA fine😫😫😩😩😩😩

Man I can’t wait for the next episode this show really brought my nostalgia and funny memories for me man🥹😭😭😭
Apr 10, 5:28 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! KonoSuba is back (applause)! Third season, the same spirit. Pleased to be with Kazuma and the cuties Aqua, Lalatina 'Darkness' and Megumin for one more season.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 10, 6:06 PM

Jul 2019
Glad to see this back, and really glad to see they are still pushing the Megumin ship. It's very rare for the loli to win in a harem setting, so I'm rooting for her. And honestly, it's the only ship that makes sense at this point, since Megumin is the only one who had developed any kind of relationship with Kazuma outside of just her schtick.
Apr 10, 6:40 PM
Aug 2016
People here are disappointed because they didn't find it funny? EXCUSE ME BUT HOW?! This was so funny my stomach started hurting after laughing so much! Goddamn it's been a while since I laughed so hard for an anime episode. Can't wait to see what's in store for S3. Excited!
Apr 10, 6:47 PM

May 2021
"I have got a gender equality punch with your name written all over it"

We're sooo back. Need to ready my stomach to take it all.

Apr 10, 6:49 PM

Sep 2018
Glad the main crew is back! Pretty nice return to form for konosuba after that spinoff. Surprised Kazuma remembered the funny movie villain.
Apr 10, 6:50 PM

Apr 2020
God, I missed these dumbasses.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8

149 by Luthfi_0306 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

121 by Luthfi_0306 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24

129 by Luthfi_0306 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 5

180 by Luthfi_0306 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

136 by landofthekwt »»
2 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.