Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 28, 11:45 AM
Apr 2023
The LN of the series is still ongoing but the manga has been finished, why is that .
Is it something like after story in the LN for fan service or something like that
Mar 28, 11:58 AM
Sep 2020
The main story has concluded in the light novels. There are some post story novels that came out afterwards that tell what happens afterwards
Mar 28, 12:02 PM
Apr 2023
so is an continuation like kaguya sama or is it some sight charter story with some estern egg
Mar 28, 12:08 PM
Feb 2020
SPOLIERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS: The light novels have pretty much no to none at all fan service compared to the manga. It also carries a different tone. The manga also skips out on id say close to 40% of the story. It’s a problem the original anime had too (cutting content not 40% story gone). It’s mostly due to how hard it is to portray many scenes in any form but a novel. The story actually continues as the manga does not cover all of the light novels. As well as the spring logs are kind of the origin story of Myuri as well as the continuation of spice and wolf as spice and wolf is not over. In fact they just recently dropped a new log and it’s a solo journey of holo and Lawrence as the other logs were more about Lawrence and his new family. Hope this helps. DEFINITELY give the LN a try as it is fantastic. There is a reason it’s ranked at number #31 for top rated Light Novels, Mangas, Etc on my anime list. Beating even the likes of Chainsaw man and Re:Zero. Definitely worth a read or at least worth continuing as it is not a fan service addition and rather a very real addition to the story of Holo, Lawrence, Col, and Myuri.
Mar 28, 12:12 PM
Feb 2020
Also the manga from what I remember only covers like the first 5 Light novels as it’s about 3 manga per novel. So you got around 15 novels left to go
Mar 28, 12:12 PM
Apr 2023
thanks you my weeb bros for your help and btw I will surely try the LN after i watch the remake to make sure if I can still like adaptation which i think is going to be, because it's by studio passion 😋
Mar 28, 12:14 PM
Feb 2020
This post on Reddit sums it up the best https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiceandWolf/comments/ji3ecy/does_the_manga_cover_all_of_the_ln/ spice and wolfs new anime seems like it’s gonna be faithful to the LN tho which is hype. As chapters like Chloe were not in the LN and instead we had charcter a such as (I think the name was Yare) as the main villain of book one. hope it’s good
Mar 28, 5:27 PM
Jul 2022
Jackson_rajkumar said:
The LN of the series is still ongoing but the manga has been finished, why is that .
Is it something like after story in the LN for fan service or something like that

As far as I know the series spice and wolf ended but there’s a new series that’s takes place after it with there child if remember correctly
Mar 29, 10:07 PM
Aug 2021
Astrid_Bear said:
SPOLIERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS: The light novels have pretty much no to none at all fan service compared to the manga. It also carries a different tone. The manga also skips out on id say close to 40% of the story. It’s a problem the original anime had too (cutting content not 40% story gone). It’s mostly due to how hard it is to portray many scenes in any form but a novel. The story actually continues as the manga does not cover all of the light novels. As well as the spring logs are kind of the origin story of Myuri as well as the continuation of spice and wolf as spice and wolf is not over. In fact they just recently dropped a new log and it’s a solo journey of holo and Lawrence as the other logs were more about Lawrence and his new family. Hope this helps. DEFINITELY give the LN a try as it is fantastic. There is a reason it’s ranked at number #31 for top rated Light Novels, Mangas, Etc on my anime list. Beating even the likes of Chainsaw man and Re:Zero. Definitely worth a read or at least worth continuing as it is not a fan service addition and rather a very real addition to the story of Holo, Lawrence, Col, and Myuri.

you know, you could use the spoiler tag.
Apr 1, 11:00 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Astrid_Bear
This post on Reddit sums it up the best https://www.reddit.com/r/SpiceandWolf/comments/ji3ecy/does_the_manga_cover_all_of_the_ln/ spice and wolfs new anime seems like it’s gonna be faithful to the LN tho which is hype. As chapters like Chloe were not in the LN and instead we had charcter a such as (I think the name was Yare) as the main villain of book one. hope it’s good
@Astrid_Bear so is full adaptation possible in 25 ep?
Apr 1, 11:14 AM

Jan 2017
Chichi123 said:
so is full adaptation possible in 25 ep?

Nop. A full adaptation (without mindless rush), would need at the very least 70 Episodes, and 80 or even 90 would be way better.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 1, 11:21 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Alexioos95
Chichi123 said:
so is full adaptation possible in 25 ep?

Nop. A full adaptation (without mindless rush), would need at the very least 70 Episodes, and 80 or even 90 would be way better.
@Alexioos95 nice so if the remake does better we might get more seasons👍
Apr 1, 12:28 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to _Yotsugi_
Jackson_rajkumar said:

As far as I know the series spice and wolf ended but there’s a new series that’s takes place after it with there child if remember correctly
@_Yotsugi_ main story is 17 volumes: 11 story arcs 1-2 volumes each and 4 short story collections including the epilogue. There is a "Spring log" series (7 volumes so far) that is technically just another short story antology but some of it takes place after the main story and there is a proper sequel "Parchment and Wolf" (10 volumes so far) about
Apr 1, 1:10 PM
Feb 2014
Chichi123 said:
@Alexioos95 nice so if the remake does better we might get more seasons👍

Considering they are doing a remake 15 years later, and the very first scene of Episode 1 shows content that happens after the main story ends, Id say its 100% getting a full adaptation. The main story isnt that long, only 13 1/2 Novels. Season 1 will most likely adapt Novels 1-5 which is about how much the original anime covered, except this time it wont skip content (Literally all of Novel 4). They can pretty much adapt everything in about 3 Seasons.
Apr 1, 1:16 PM
Jul 2022
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@_Yotsugi_ main story is 17 volumes: 11 story arcs 1-2 volumes each and 4 short story collections including the epilogue. There is a "Spring log" series (7 volumes so far) that is technically just another short story antology but some of it takes place after the main story and there is a proper sequel "Parchment and Wolf" (10 volumes so far) about

I didn’t know the exact number but yeah thanks for that I knew it was around 20 for spice and wolf entirely. Then the sequel was about that spoiler. Didn’t know the exact number though just a close estimate.
Apr 1, 9:46 PM
Feb 2020
Chichi123 said:
@Astrid_Bear so is full adaptation possible in 25 ep?

No. This season should cover the first 4 Vol as well as one of the short stories from Vol 7 which is known as side colors. There are 3 side color novels all with short stories taking place all over the place. Thus they include it in order cuz to adapt those novels would be a mess. Thus 6 novels per LN times 4 novels. Gives 24ep the short story = 25ep, you may remember the short story as the OVA to the original spice and wolf. It’s also been confirmed we are only getting the first 4 Vol adapted in this season thus I’m not pulling this out my ass per se to all you others reading. Proof of this is for the dvd pre order in Japan you pre order based on the novel adapted so say you pre order vol 1 on dvd it’s 6 ep. On Amazon Japan and everywhere else that’s doing this promo it only goes up to Vol 4 confirming that this is what their plan is. With this in mind given there is in total 3 novels of side stories of the 18 novels in the main story we can deduce 9 ep of side story. And 6x15 due to 15 actual full stories gives us 90. Thus it would take them 99ep to cover all of the first 18 books of spice and wolf. This is NOT including the spring logs (books 19-24) which honestly they don’t really need to adapt.
Astrid_BearApr 1, 9:54 PM
Apr 1, 9:51 PM
Feb 2020
Chronigan said:
Astrid_Bear said:

Unfortunately I dunno how to do it lol 😅
Apr 1, 10:03 PM
Aug 2021
Apr 1, 10:05 PM
Aug 2021
Astrid_Bear said:
Chronigan said:

it was hard to find the instructions, but I managed to do it for you Here you go
Apr 1, 10:10 PM
Feb 2020
Chronigan said:
Astrid_Bear said:

it was hard to find the instructions, but I managed to do it for you Here you go

Thank you I appreciate it!
Apr 2, 3:15 AM

Mar 2020
Its generally a complete story(concludes in vol 16) all the other vols are extras/additional stories.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

42 by metatron13 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

51 by MegamiRem »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

68 by MegamiRem »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

75 by LuisSV23 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

59 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 6:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.