Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 27, 3:50 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Reply to kitsumasterzero
I didn't enjoy it very much. The show failed to reveal Venalita's master plan, which was hinted at in previous episodes. Why does Venalita have so much power? They didn't explain it at all. That was disappointing.

Some of the drawings were poorly done. The characters are not well-rounded. Alice's character is not developed throughout the show, as she remains shy from beginning to end. Additionally, the beach scenes of the girls having fun consist mainly of still images rather than animation, missing a great opportunity for beautiful animation.

Overall, I believe this show panders to its audience and exploits the genre. The authors are simply giving in superficially to some expectations without providing anything genuinely artistic or narratively sound in return. It is essentially exploiting familiarity with the genre to attract viewers without delivering any meaningful experience. The initial episodes showed promise, but ultimately failed to meet expectations. 4/10
@kitsumasterzero
I believe this show panders to its audience and exploits the genre...It is essentially exploiting familiarity with the genre

Oh look, a critics wannabe completely missing the whole point of the show and doesn't know what a parody is.

Mar 27, 4:21 PM

Jan 2010
A good fanservice anime, there some funny moments too.

7/10. I would like a second season.

I want to believe that utena was holding back at the end and let the gag go on and be beaten by azure. I don't think azure is close to utena's power even with the power up.
Mar 27, 5:29 PM
May 2017
Excellent ending episode of an excellent series!

Gushing over a second season!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 27, 5:43 PM
Aug 2022
This was such an amazing project man. I remember thinking when it was first announced that it would be the Interspecies Reviewers fiasco all over again, but it’s amazing to see how positively the anime community has responded to this show. It’s a breath of fresh air. I am pissed that almost every anime this season got an immediate second season announcement except for this one though. Hopefully the crazy BD sales will convince the studio to move forward because there is enough manga content for a second and even a third season, and man, the story really ramps up in the next arc.
Mar 27, 5:52 PM
Feb 2024
Ecchi at its peak. S2 by Fall PLZ <3
Mar 27, 6:08 PM

Nov 2021
The first 3 episodes or so just felt like it was trying to be shocking for the sake of it. But as the show went on and developed the characters I really started to enjoy it. Overall I'm going with an 8/10, hopefully there is a season 2 because this anime seems pretty popular
Mar 27, 6:25 PM
Feb 2020
With all Gushing jokes out the way,its a solid
-7.5/10
Mar 27, 6:38 PM

Apr 2022
beach episode to end this unexpected banger, i did not expect to like it nearly as much as i did. madoka on crack really outshined madoka itself lol, 7/10 by far best ecchi of the season and i might even check out the manga later.
Mar 27, 6:39 PM

Aug 2017
"Mahou Shojou Ni Akugarete" - Not your average ecchi series

Having only started watching out of curiosity, the show quickly became the surprise hit of the season, so much so that you could look forward to it every Wednesday.

MegamiRem said:
Beach episode to end the season
Yeah, I thought the beach story was a good choice to pick out as the final episoder- it was also one of my favorite chapters from the manga.

Bisalissy said:
Finally, my personal highlight was Sulfur's casual "It's just two perverts going at it in broad daylight"!
The Magia Böse / Azul relationship was generally very well developed in the episode. Two equal opponents who value each other - albeit in their own way.
In general, I thought it was good that the meaning of “love” was shown again in the final fight. BDSM is not some freaky whipping, as it is sometimes decried in society, but an expression of love.

The show has generally championed kinks. I didn't think we would see so many different shapes - and in such detail. That's really what makes this title unique.

rohan121 said:
I picked up the.manga, and I hope it gets another season!
For anyone who wants to start it - it's best to read it from the beginning. The anime did some things in a different order, for example the AB/DL chapter (the one where Magenta wets herself) was brought forward in the anime - it actually takes place after the events of today's episode.

But I thought it was a good narrative trick that they brought forward the diaper chapter so that the beach chapter would be the season finale. The final scene on the beach was perfect for a finale and when Utena philosophized about her time together with her new friends, it was almost a bit sentimental.

8 / 10 ! With such a high entertainment value, season 2 is almost a must. 😃 And the title delighted many fans, so we hope to see the Magical Girls and Enormita again.
Mar 27, 7:17 PM

May 2019
Mar 27, 8:07 PM
Jul 2021
After finishing this episode, my wife turned to me and said "this is so much more fun than Frieren". You know what? I agree. This anime will make Freud proud, and its wacky fun is one of the best this past season.
Mar 27, 10:11 PM
Jan 2024
They didn't show hotel room arc. And that is my only disappointment other than that EVEN I am surprised how much I loved this sh!t
Mar 27, 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
Great Episode and Series!
Mar 28, 1:28 AM

Nov 2010
Araga Kiwi -> aragakiwi -> aragakiui -> aragakiyui -> Aragaki Yui

Is the author a fan of her?
Mar 28, 1:31 AM

Oct 2010
What a finale.

I did not expect this to become my favorite show of the season, but it did just that.
Mar 28, 2:26 AM
Jun 2022
Episode 13 => BEACH EPISODE, BITCHES.
Yes, we got La Verita form from Azur. `(*>﹏<*)′
Mar 28, 2:53 AM
Sep 2021
A good finale for the season, expected more of "action" but was OK with it.
Mar 28, 3:25 AM

May 2014
Holy bologna, how could a show be this fun? It's not like it's the most amazingly written story or anything of the such. It just... knows what it is, what its good points are, and targets those things relentlessly. The animators clearly enjoyed the series because their love for the source material shines through like no tomorrow. Definitely gotta go read keep up with the manga now. Seriously though, the character designs in this series are FANTASTIC, the characters are actually written really well for what they are, the facial expressions are to die for, the comedic timing is great, and the effort put into the ecchi scenes reminds me of the good ol' days of Queens Blade and what not.
Mar 28, 3:50 AM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime, hope for season 2.
Mar 28, 4:02 AM
Feb 2020
Great ending! Utena and Azur's relationship have been one of the highlights of this anime, and they are more similar than what it seems... Fingers crossed that we get a Season 2 ✌🏽
Mar 28, 5:01 AM

Feb 2014
It felt fitting for the final episode to be held at the beach, where seeing the girls in their respective swimwear was nice and fun, until Kiwi screwed things up once again. Still, it gave Sayo the chance to fully showcase her new powers with how nice her new look is in her stronger version. She's still a masochist at heart, but you can't deny how strong she is now.

Despite taking the defeat here, Utena is very happy with Sayo's growth before being blasted off, Team Rocket style. Thankfully, Utena and Sayo's group got back together for some wholesome fireworks on the beach at night, with Utena voicing out how she's looking forward to what the future holds, with Sayo agreeing with her.

As much as I like Kaoruko, it was long overdue in seeing her get dominated by Utena in the earlier fight with the Octopus. XD

Overall, this series was a big surprise with how far it will go for the ecchi content, including this episode as well. The production values was all over the place sadly, but some of the more important moments in the series, as well as the crazy expressions, had more quality put into it, which was a relief.

I think it's just about done enough for me to give it an 8/10. I really, REALLY hope this series gets a second season in the future. =)
Mar 28, 7:42 AM
Apr 2021
Ahhhh yes what a great way to end the season…WITH THE BEACH EPISODE I knew something was missing and I’m glad they delivered😩😩😩😩

Funny how Azur was getting her ass handled everytime she fought Baiser just to turn things around and beat up Baiser AND the rest of Enormita such good character development for my girl Azur proud of her :D

I cant believe I’m saying this but I legit get goosebumps whenever Baiser puts on that sadistic ass smile on her face shit makes me so hyped bc this girl is actually crazy as hell and I love it😭

The animation was actually pretty good in this episode I’m not surprised bc they gotta make the last episode at least have some good animation yk

I wanted Sayo and Utena to at least hold hands during the fireworks montage they look so cute together and I love how their relationship is developing more and more💜💙

I might just pick up on the manga tbh this show was one of my favourite shows airing this winter season I’ll miss Baiser Kiwi Azur and Loco they were the finest girls in this show to me + I wanna see if Sayo and Utena get together and I wanna see Kiwi and Utena at the love hotel👀😩

Im giving this a 10/10 bc nothing had me more shocked, excited and not wanting anyone to walk in on me watching this shit and seeing the nude uncensored ecchi scenes than this show right here😭😫😫😫😮‍💨
Mar 28, 8:59 AM
Sep 2019
OK, I'm gonna be honest, when I started watching I was saying it was peak because all the memes related to it being so, it only took a few episodes for me to think so sincerely. The most surprising thing though was all the just really nice vibes.
Mar 28, 9:16 AM
Nov 2022
This animé was absolutely amazing! It's rare for me to watch a show that I wanted more of and continued rewatching while it's still airing.
As a fan of yuri and magical girls, this was straightup a masterpiece to me. Perhaps not on an animation level, or writing, but purely out of content. Kill la Kill took the fanservice route, but was clearly dedicated to its story and incredible action. Whereas Gushing Over Magical Girls stayed true to the fanservice and went the extra mile, and throwing more vulgar elements, which made it downright hilarious.
The yuri content wasn't huge, a litte fanservicey, and more focused around Loco and Leber and Kiwi simping for Utena, but at least we didn't get the Sound Euphonium treatment.

Now that I know there should be a season 2, I am extatic! ^^
10/10 ♥
Mar 28, 9:44 AM
Aug 2022
Definitely a great way to send of the show for this season. I guess a beach episode had to happen eventually.

It’s cool to see how many friends Utena really has now and specifically getting closer with Sayo.

It’s also interesting to see that Kiwi and Karuko’s relationship has kinda started to turn into friends somehow.

Azure’s La Verita’s form was actually so beautiful. For what this show is it has some killer characters designs.

Considering I heard every character can get a La Verita’s form I would assume that Baisers would be much stronger than Azures.

It’s sad to see this go but I do think this could get a second season. For what this is it’s surprisingly popular. But I’m probably just gonna read the manga. 10/10 anime

Best anime this season and a new favourite in my top 10
Mar 28, 10:09 AM
Jan 2020
Anime of the Century.

Frieren who? Solo Leveling who? Dungeon Meshi who?
Mar 28, 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
While it's the obligatory beach episode, we got the first La Verita form from it. What a way to end this adaptation. I'll be watching season 2 when and if it comes in a decade or so.
Mar 28, 10:36 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
and here we are at the end
I was not expecting to enjoy the show as much as I did.
I was completely stunned after the first episode was not expecting that at all, but here I am lol

great episode lol
Mar 28, 12:45 PM

Jul 2020
incredible, I desperately need a sequel right now
Mar 28, 12:59 PM
Nov 2018
Firstly: We NEED a season 2 SOOO BAAD!!!

Secondly: What a top tier episode!!! XD
My favorite ship in all of anime is Utena and Sayo, as well as, Baiser and Magia Azul they're Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From their dynamic and motives, to the mechanics of their abilities and the themes!!
The writers stay cooking and the art dep and VA's never sleep. (I hope they do though unlike over at Black KU MAPPA)
all in all 1000 praises and 1000 more for all involved in this master piece.
+ to add to all that they finally popped out a beach episode hell ya bro!! you know we on it!
& of course the Tentacles with a hint of friendly fire cause our girls the lead villainess. XD love this show.
Can't wait for a season 2!!
Mar 28, 1:28 PM

Jun 2023
Second season when
Mar 28, 1:54 PM
Aug 2020
Biggest anime surprise in a long while. This was actually super good, even apart from the lewd scenes.
Mar 28, 3:17 PM
May 2022
I was unsure how to rate this for a bit. It’s not a genre I usually, or ever, watch. But I think the production and animation quality was much higher at the beginning, and because of that and the content I started to get a bit bored of it in the latter parts. Not that it’s bad. But maybe not as good as I was expecting. 6.5/10
Mar 28, 3:24 PM

Jan 2018
I love that "team Enormina is blasting off again" is now standard. They even have a similar dinamic to how Team Rocket fooled team Ash with goofy ahh disguises. Literal peak. Anyway, I'm blasting off untill season 2
Mar 28, 3:37 PM

Apr 2022
We needed a beach episode. Yay! :-)

Mar 28, 3:53 PM
May 2020
Went from not even watching the show to my favorite of the season. Who knew the such fantastic ecchi could be this heartwarming?
Mar 28, 5:09 PM

Dec 2017
Great adaptation of the manga. I want S2 yesterday.
Mar 28, 6:18 PM
Jan 2023
f i n ehghhbfgjmuynhnjnhng
Mar 28, 8:34 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I...... I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO FINISH THIS MASTERPIECE

I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END
Mar 29, 4:30 AM
Oct 2020
I will miss this show so much 😢. Season 2 please!!
Mar 29, 7:07 AM

Aug 2021
A wonderful and sacred beach episode and lots of love flowing.

Mar 29, 12:58 PM

Aug 2019
i did really like this show. it didnt go as i wished it to go and by the end our mc gang essentially became team rocket.
id have prefered if the show focused on utena getting more and more messed up and i would have liked if sayo had her mind completely broken and she would have joined the bad guys as utenas pet or something would have been funny. though what utena said to sayo in that scene did make sense for her character so i cant be mad.

dont know if they will make a second season but id love it.

the faces in this show are great. i love utena's sadistic side
korisu is so cute i cant.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 12:59 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Ambeon
Aversa said:
Honestly watching mahou shoujo abuse was a great thing iand i need more of it.
The anime was pretty nice in general it was funny seeing the character interactions and i like the thought of not everything going the way the mahou shoujo want it to.
Still it was to short and i need more.

agreed 100% on more all female ecchi if the Mc was a guy I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this show. loved it
@Ambeon
Ambeon said:
if the Mc was a guy I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this show.

thinking about it i agree. what made this so good is that there are no male characters, if there were this would have just turned into an early 2000s ecchi comedy >"eek pervert! *slap*" and i dont think anyone finds that funny anymore or if anyone ever found that funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 1:46 PM

Feb 2024
I would say that I'm not proud of liking this anime, but honestly, between the animation quality, songs, chara design and story, I can only say that I absolutly loved and. I hope a s5 get announced soon ^w^
Mar 29, 7:42 PM

Sep 2023
We done gushing over magical girls for a while unfortunately. Azure has gotten much stronger after her training camp and it makes Baiser very happy!

The story was not the most intricate, but it was a great ecchi, done right with tons of fanservice and no awful god rays or fog all the time. On top of that the comedy was well done, can't wait for a second season: 8/10.
Mar 30, 1:38 AM

May 2015
This marks the end of gushing over magical girls. One of the most degen shows I've ever completed. Loved Utenas character arc and motives. The show knew how to give us cool powers and characters to root for. I've also not seen a classic octopus ecchi scene like that in quite some time. The show really cooked, I just wish it was with characters like Sister Gigant instead!
Mar 30, 10:25 AM
Nov 2023
This might be my favourite ecchi ever lol (excluding mushoko tensei)
Mar 30, 11:16 AM
Apr 2023
honestly perfect
Mar 31, 8:22 AM

Feb 2023
The most cultured, most based, most excellent anime of the season!!! 10/10!
I see that someone in charge is a chad slingshot bikini enjoyer!
I also think that Sayo and Utena are perfect for each other!
Mar 31, 8:55 AM
Jul 2020
Baiser es la cabra
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 7

113 by nexolite1 »»
Today, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 3

355 by DX_impulse »»
May 9, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 28

89 by Timetoaster »»
May 8, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17

142 by RetroxMG »»
May 1, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

84 by FragmantLemon »»
Apr 29, 11:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.