Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 26, 6:49 AM
Feb 2021
some days ago i finished watching jjk s1 and i didnt know whether to watch the movie and my friend told me its optional its up to you if you want to find out more about yuta and he only specified yuta, and now im on jjk s2 ep 10 and i was confused on kenjaku's reveal, i asked him and he said if you watched the movie it would've been clear, is it fine to watch it mid arc rn?
Mar 26, 6:59 AM
Jul 2019
Yea you can watch it now. Yuta will appear on the last ep of S2
Mar 26, 7:13 AM
May 2016
You can watch it, but it won't help much. Generally the explanations, world building are awful in the season.
Mar 26, 7:17 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to ktg
You can watch it, but it won't help much. Generally the explanations, world building are awful in the season.
@ktg im asking cuz i wanted to know if its ok to watch it right after the kenjaku reveal or nah cuz its already been revealed and i should've watched it before idc about world building or fights i want to actually understand the lore
Mar 26, 7:24 AM
May 2016
Oya-Oya said:
@ktg im asking cuz i wanted to know if its ok to watch it right after the kenjaku reveal or nah cuz its already been revealed and i should've watched it before idc about world building or fights i want to actually understand the lore

That's my point. You won't, because what you don't understand here won't be explained in the movie.
Mar 26, 7:26 AM
Feb 2021
ktg said:
Oya-Oya said:

That's my point. You won't, because what you don't understand here won't be explained in the movie.

It will explain how geto died will it
Mar 26, 7:30 AM

Apr 2016
Oya-Oya said:
ktg said:

yes it will explain how he died
Mar 26, 7:43 AM
Sep 2023
Oya-Oya said:
ktg said:

its very relevant also too understand how geto and gojo end up in season 1 and 2 and their view on certain things
Mar 26, 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
ye go watch it now like others said
Mar 26, 7:52 AM
May 2016
Kampos said:
Oya-Oya said:

Not really, and that's a less relevant thing.
Mar 26, 7:54 AM
Jan 2021
You’re fine, but I would watch the movie if ya can. It may not be as crazy of a reveal, but it wouldn’t really diminish anything.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 26, 8:28 AM
Sep 2022
watching the movie doesnt have much advantages but theres not any disadvantages too
you would just understand few things better
so if you have time you should watch it
Mar 26, 9:16 AM
May 2022
Yeah, you should. Chronologically, the movie is supposed to be watched even before S1, since what happens there is before Yuji's time.
In the shows's timeline, the correct watch order is: S2 Eps 1-5 > JJK O > S1 > S2 Eps 6- onward.

Btw, Kanjaku was already present in S1.
Mar 26, 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
ktg said:
Kampos said:

as a manga reader, that is the most relevant thing..? at least in the context of this discussion. geto's possession plays a gigantic role in the story. even if it wasn't a central element of the narrative, the possessed geto is constantly using the cursed spirit manipulation technique ingrained in geto's body. which includes supreme art uzumaki (I think it gets translated as maelstrom), which ends up doing some narrative work a bit later in this next arc. if you know, you know. also, the movie is canon and yuta plays a massive role in the story so it is generally best to watch it if you like the series.
Mar 26, 10:56 AM
Jan 2023
you should watch the movie before season 2 imo but it's fine to watch it mid arc
if you don't watch it mid season then definitely watch it after but I would say it's required
Mar 26, 12:19 PM
May 2016
estrogenconsumer said:
ktg said:

as a manga reader, that is the most relevant thing..? at least in the context of this discussion. geto's possession plays a gigantic role in the story. even if it wasn't a central element of the narrative, the possessed geto is constantly using the cursed spirit manipulation technique ingrained in geto's body. which includes supreme art uzumaki (I think it gets translated as maelstrom), which ends up doing some narrative work a bit later in this next arc. if you know, you know. also, the movie is canon and yuta plays a massive role in the story so it is generally best to watch it if you like the series.

You cannot be more wrong. The movie did not clarify a lot of things especially about Geto. So what the OP is looking for in the movie that won't be explained.
The only "important" part is Yuta's existence, which is not that important in S2, because he does not play a major role here. Probably in the next season.
So watching the movie before or after S2 doesn't matter.
Mar 26, 3:46 PM
Apr 2023
I say definitely watch it. especially before the end of season 2. also it's just a great movie. so go ahead and watch it.
Mar 26, 5:04 PM
Feb 2021
Your friends a dickhead, the movie should have been watched before season 2. Can still be watched but you skipped quite a bit of context
Mar 26, 7:55 PM
Jan 2011
Honestly, the movie should be watchwd aftwr Gojo's flashback. It would show the conclusion of the Geto'd arc clearly.

anyway, before Kenjaku reveal we could just think that Geto didn't died, because the movie don't explain about the possession nd the fact that he "died" are said... Watch it to be more clear anyway, but don't change much.
Mar 27, 7:54 PM
Jan 2024
Oya-Oya said:
some days ago i finished watching jjk s1 and i didnt know whether to watch the movie and my friend told me its optional its up to you if you want to find out more about yuta and he only specified yuta, and now im on jjk s2 ep 10 and i was confused on kenjaku's reveal, i asked him and he said if you watched the movie it would've been clear, is it fine to watch it mid arc rn?

watch jujutsu kisen 0 . it is important for season 3
Mar 28, 9:07 AM
Mar 2024
JJK 0 is a must watch either way, 10/10 movie!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2021

384 by damien1579 »»
May 11, 4:57 PM

» Yuta should had been the protagonist of the Whole Series ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Sep 20, 2022

50 by Ant161718 »»
Apr 2, 9:37 PM

» NOW is the perfect time to watch this after EP1-5 on S02

xXTensaZenXx - Aug 3, 2023

12 by kiyokaii2001 »»
Feb 11, 8:18 PM

» Why did Gojo have to do that at the end of the film?

DarKViVi66 - Oct 8, 2023

15 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 16, 2:40 AM

» Do I watch this before or after JJK ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 10, 2023

54 by Allvsion »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.