Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 3:21 PM
Aug 2022
If you haven't played the game don't bother answering

is it worth waiting for the anime or buying the visual novel instead and also what kind of genre is this? I'm guessing romance? but is it sad? idk I get this vibe this is a sad story. am I wrong?
Mar 23, 5:06 PM

Nov 2019
Yes, it's a romance, and it falls under Nakige, which is a tearjerker show; if you're familiar with the developer KEY, they created Clannad which pretty much defined the genre.
KushnaMar 23, 5:09 PM
Mar 23, 5:10 PM
Aug 2022
Kushna said:
Yes, it's a romance, and it falls under Nakige, which is a tearjerker show; if you're familiar with the developer KEY, they created Clannad which pretty much defined the genre.

Yes I’m a huge fan of romance and loved Clannad, it’s one of the few shows which had me properly crying, that scene between tomoya and his daughter in that flower field genuinely broke me.

I’m a big fan of tearjerkers.

Should I buy the visual novel before or after the show airs this summer?
Mar 23, 5:20 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
Kushna said:

Yes I’m a huge fan of romance and loved Clannad, it’s one of the few shows which had me properly crying, that scene between tomoya and his daughter in that flower field genuinely broke me.

I’m a big fan of tearjerkers.

Should I buy the visual novel before or after the show airs this summer?
@Phantom_373 You already enjoy Clannad, so you're good to go, plus the visuals are good for a VN by MY standards. If it really appeals to you, you should check it out on Steam.
Mar 23, 5:22 PM
Aug 2022
Kushna said:
@Phantom_373 You already enjoy Clannad, so you're good to go, plus the visuals are good for a VN by MY standards. If it really appeals to you, you should check it out on Steam.

Should I wait and watch the anime first or play the visual novel and then watch the anime.
Mar 23, 6:20 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
Kushna said:

Should I wait and watch the anime first or play the visual novel and then watch the anime.
@Phantom_373 If you want to read a 13+ hour visual novel and want a more detailed story, then you can purchase the vn on Steam; however, if you prefer to wait for an adaptation, you can just wait as well.

I only watch Lord El-Melloi, an LN adapted by Troyca, and I consider its visuals to be good. I don't know about the story, though, and many visual novels have butchered adaptations, so who knows? Since you're already waiting, you can start the visual novel, but keep your expectations in check.
Mar 23, 6:22 PM
Aug 2022
Kushna said:
@Phantom_373 If you want to read a 13+ hour visual novel and want a more detailed story, then you can purchase the vn on Steam; however, if you prefer to wait for an adaptation, you can just wait as well.

I only watch Lord El-Melloi, an LN adapted by Troyca, and I consider its visuals to be good. I don't know about the story, though, and many visual novels have butchered adaptations, so who knows? Since you're already waiting, you can start the visual novel, but keep your expectations in check.

Okay I’ll probably read the vn first then. I’m open to any length of visual novels. I haven’t played many but I’m still relatively new to the vn scene
Mar 23, 9:53 PM
Jul 2019
definitely worth the read. no way the anime will capture the same atmosphere, no matter how good it is. the dialogue, music, art, and voice acting are outstanding. i honestly think it’s still underrated.
Mar 24, 12:12 AM
May 2019
I'd play the game first. It took me about 20 hours and I cried buckets. One of the top 10 best novels I've ever played. It's also cheap so definitely get it on Steam before the show drops. It's developed by the Gods over at Frontwing which is my favorite game studio in the world. They did the Grisaia series and Island. This is also written by the same writer who did If My Heart Had Wings. Another top favorite VN of mine. Nothing but the best in the industry made this. Need anymore convincing?
Mar 24, 4:46 PM
Jan 2021
The visual novel is very good. The anime might be or might not who knows
Mar 25, 2:42 PM

Jun 2017
It's similar to Key stuff and I see you loved Clannad, you will love this 100%.

Now watching the anime or reading the VN first is a tough question. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

If you watch the anime first, you might not get the plot or some stuff due to cut content. (they won't be able to fit the whole VN without trade offs in 12 eps, although we aren't sure yet about confirmed ep count but this is my guess)

If you read the VN first, you spoil everything, but reading the VN could be worth later for essentially more story and to find out what content got cut from the anime.
MomoSinXMar 25, 2:45 PM
Apr 24, 7:56 AM

Jul 2011
The VN is an underrated hidden gem. Do yourself a favor and read the VN, the anime PV trailer has a good feel so that might be excellent too but I seriously doubt it'll top the VN.

More topics from this board

» I'm so excited for this I just need a confirmation

lycan_ - Apr 18

7 by HansDevX »»
Apr 24, 7:57 AM

» Animated by TROYCA. This show is gonna be GOOD af.

thedefenseteam - Mar 23

8 by thedefenseteam »»
Mar 28, 6:35 AM

» First PV and this summer

Dbagas8 - Mar 22

1 by Ricky16 »»
Mar 22, 8:52 PM

» It's a visual novel adaptation but I actually have (some) expectations

SpacemanSpiff357 - Sep 25, 2022

8 by _anixia »»
Sep 13, 2023 5:42 AM

» Which studio would have been better TROYCA or Cloverworks

_AnimeLover__ - Sep 25, 2022

6 by Aceus_Bun »»
Jul 14, 2023 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.