Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
I don't understand why the director decided to fill the anime with useless fillers on the secondary characters that serve no purpose other than wasting time (for those who don t have already read the manhwa know that these subplots will either be abandoned or will be of no use) , but above all they break the rhythm of the anime making it slower and more unpleasant, I just saw episode 11 and it is not possible that the battle between Jin woo and Igris is interrupted several times during the episode just to show these fillers that do not they are of no use, even if it is a problem that affects the entire season, what do you think?
Leon888Mar 23, 11:58 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 12:24 PM
May 2023
I kinda wish you watched that interview on Crunchyroll explaining that the original Author of the light Novel is behind the way the show is being paced. The Jeju Island was a focal point of how damaging of an experience it was to those hunters because they lost a lot. Also they trying to not necessarily grow the side characters but make them fit the narrative and how they’ll help the mc grow and how the story flows. But then again, for the entirety of this season, it’s been full of complaints and comparisons and it seems the show won’t catch a break. The Manhwa is very different from the light novel by the way, less details and more fights plus the artist was battling with health issues till he passed on so a lot of things he skipped are being added in the anime.
Mar 23, 1:18 PM
Jul 2023
horrible pacing i agree + that chin is still annoying + why tf he looks like saitama + isn't he kinda looking dark coloured? I'm disappointed with the pacing with the way they are adapting it too
Mar 23, 1:36 PM
Jul 2022
Stop complaining
Mar 23, 1:37 PM
Aug 2023
the pacing isn't that horrible honestly, I just feel like the story needs to solidify beyond Jinwoo. If this pacing is justified for a better story in the coming seasons, I'm personally okay with it.
Mar 23, 1:38 PM
Nov 2021
But it makes sense if you are going to split the season into 2 cours. Without the filler which honestly is needed world building they could do the job change quest in one episode and then would either have episode 12 all filler or go right into the Red Gate Incident. The Red Gate Incident is probably going to be 3 or 4 episodes so pushing all of that to the second cour makes better sense in storytelling and commercially because you have a major event to start from.
Mar 23, 1:52 PM
Aug 2020
i feel like you are hating for hating , althought i agree that the sister and mother thing was not necessary , but the other things with the president and choi are important for the next part since they will adapt jeju island , just stop complaining ...
Mar 23, 1:55 PM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
The pacing is sooo horrible, the story in the anime intrigued me and I went to read the manhwa around ep4 cus I couldn't handle the pacing and god it was so much better. The fight with igris is probably the biggest sin so far cus aside from milking the show for every extra minute and adding useless filler they've now decided to do it mid fight like just do it at the start.
Mar 23, 1:56 PM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
Reply to Skenz
i feel like you are hating for hating , althought i agree that the sister and mother thing was not necessary , but the other things with the president and choi are important for the next part since they will adapt jeju island , just stop complaining ...
@Skenz Since when is critiquing a butchered adaptation a crime?
Mar 23, 2:05 PM
Jun 2021
Only thing I gotta say is: dem fingers in episode 11 doe! - to be clear the endish in the plane
Mar 23, 2:06 PM
May 2022
I disagree I really enjoy the cut aways to other characters instead of the whole episode just being SJW fighting. I feel like it adds more substance that the manwha really lacks.
I can definitely understand why people wouldn’t like the pacing though
Mar 23, 2:09 PM
May 2020
People when anime isnt 100% identical to source material even tho the original author likes how the anime has done it :crying_emoji:
Mar 23, 2:13 PM
Oct 2022
Sherry722 said:
horrible pacing i agree + that chin is still annoying + why tf he looks like saitama + isn't he kinda looking dark coloured? I'm disappointed with the pacing with the way they are adapting it too

Don't they do the same workout? maybe he should look more like him and lose the hair.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Joking aside, the pacing sucked.
Mar 23, 2:33 PM
Jul 2015
I feel like it would have been better if Jinwoo got out of this dungeon and then, along with the viewers, found about the raid on the ant island. Would have been more of a surprise and wouldn't hurt the point they are trying to make about how important the whole deal with the island is.

I still loved it tho and just get annoyed when the episode is finished. Knowing what is going to happen I just can't bloody wait to see it animated!!!
Mar 23, 2:37 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to amazingjoe
@amazingjoe since when is the adaptation butchered?
Mar 23, 2:46 PM
Mar 2021
idk I like the pacing here actually, the cutscenes aren't that out of place and add some context, plus they didn't cut away during the fight but rather when they stopped fist trading for a sec
Mar 23, 2:54 PM

Aug 2023
ciiviic said:
idk I like the pacing here actually, the cutscenes aren't that out of place and add some context, plus they didn't cut away during the fight but rather when they stopped fist trading for a sec

Agreed. I haven’t read the manhwa but I like it that they came back to the island scene from episode one.
Mar 23, 3:00 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
People these days surely get irritated so easily over such very minor things, when it wasn't interrupting or break whatever rhythm in the first place.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Mar 23, 3:47 PM
Jan 2022
i feel bad for kids with outburst for attention. here is my donation.
Mar 23, 3:56 PM

Aug 2019
Leon888 said:
I don't understand why the director decided to fill the anime with useless fillers on the secondary characters that serve no purpose other than wasting time (for those who don t have already read the manhwa know that these subplots will either be abandoned or will be of no use) , but above all they break the rhythm of the anime making it slower and more unpleasant, I just saw episode 11 and it is not possible that the battle between Jin woo and Igris is interrupted several times during the episode just to show these fillers that do not they are of no use, even if it is a problem that affects the entire season, what do you think?

It's called world building!
Not everything revolves around the MC.
Also the interruptions are there to give a sense of how time flies. Jinwoo has been in the dungeon for HOURS! And this is going to be important in the next episode.
Mar 23, 5:15 PM

Jul 2009
If the whole fight was nothing but action, THAT would be horrible pacing. People would literally go brain-afk and miss half the fight due to either their bad attention span or sensory overload.
Mar 23, 5:18 PM
May 2022
Solution: Watch less short videos and train the attention span
Mar 23, 5:20 PM
May 2021
I wish y'all would actually learn what the word filler means before using it in a statement where it doesn't even make sense.
Mar 23, 5:47 PM
Apr 2022
Carmelodube said:
I kinda wish you watched that interview on Crunchyroll explaining that the original Author of the light Novel is behind the way the show is being paced. The Jeju Island was a focal point of how damaging of an experience it was to those hunters because they lost a lot. Also they trying to not necessarily grow the side characters but make them fit the narrative and how they’ll help the mc grow and how the story flows. But then again, for the entirety of this season, it’s been full of complaints and comparisons and it seems the show won’t catch a break. The Manhwa is very different from the light novel by the way, less details and more fights plus the artist was battling with health issues till he passed on so a lot of things he skipped are being added in the anime.

so in the LN there is more content than manhwa...i see,yeah i agree with you and for me it's not horrible
Mar 23, 6:40 PM
Feb 2021
Y’all actually care about Solo Leveling’s story?
Mar 23, 9:20 PM
Oct 2020
Oh no, they ruined my manhwa about one guy just doing everything by adding more character to side characters, how could they make side characters better like that, so unwatchable
Mar 23, 11:36 PM
Oct 2022
Idk bro, pacing seems fine to me. Just that nothing SUPER exciting happens for a while. I’d be totally fine with a second season like this. Been forever since I’ve read the manhwa, but I’m enjoying the hell outta seeing it being animated.
Mar 23, 11:59 PM

Oct 2007
Reply to amazingjoe
The pacing is sooo horrible, the story in the anime intrigued me and I went to read the manhwa around ep4 cus I couldn't handle the pacing and god it was so much better. The fight with igris is probably the biggest sin so far cus aside from milking the show for every extra minute and adding useless filler they've now decided to do it mid fight like just do it at the start.
@amazingjoe The manhwa is trash, and I say that as I've read all of it
The anime fixes a lot of issues I had with the plot, though I wish it fixed more of them

The Manhwa is just around the MC, there's no world building or deepness into all of the other characters. The anime would be better if it focused even less on the MC, though this adaptation is way better than the source material, so I'll take it
Mar 24, 12:34 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
belial said:
The anime fixes a lot of issues I had with the plot, though I wish it fixed more of them

The Manhwa is just around the MC, there's no world building or deepness into all of the other characters. The anime would be better if it focused even less on the MC, though this adaptation is way better than the source material, so I'll take it

Lol, it's called solo leveling, not add random side characters leveling. At that point, you may as well just watch/read a completely different story. If something is trash, at least to me, it means it's fundamentally flawed, so if the anime is gonna fix those flaws, it has to fundamentally change the story, which at that point is not an adaptation but a fan fiction.
amazingjoeMar 24, 12:42 AM
Mar 24, 12:43 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
Skenz said:

Since I am allowed to have my own opinion and think it's far worse than what I read.
Mar 24, 1:02 AM
Apr 2023
I am very dissatisfied by the pace of the anime and it is sad to see that a lot of things happen way too slowly however imo they need to extend the things to make it a season. For example if they kept the normal pacing then igris fight would ended episode 8 or 9 and then last 3 episodes would been useless cause they are now developing the next arc. Honestly though I am happy they are taking a slow approach and thank goodness that it isnt butchered like tower of god was with a lot of chapters being adapted at once.
Mar 24, 1:03 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to ciiviic
ciiviic said:

What context did the cut-away scenes add to the fight? Genuine question.

From what I can tell, the expedition team departing for Jeju has absolutely nothing to do with Jinwoo or Igris. Maybe if those scenes did something relevant, like revealing that the previous expedition team actually ran into Igris before, or the team discussing how to deal with enemies that outrank them, I would have appreciated those more. But they didn't do anything like that, so every time they cut away I was impatient to just get back to the "real" plot.

Cutting away to Jinwoo's sister and mother was a better idea, because on paper Jinwoo's doing all this for his family, but unfortunately they didn't do anything interesting in those cut-aways (the sister just made sandwiches...).

I normally don't even think about pacing during fights, but how this Igris fight played out felt so weird to me.
Mar 24, 1:39 AM

Aug 2019
amazingjoe said:

maybe if you knew what it was adapting ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 24, 1:51 AM
Apr 2020
it's just not paced for TV and it's painfully obvious
Mar 24, 1:53 AM
Apr 2023
The pacing is perfectly fine for anime. The way you read the manhwa is just way too fast because you are reading from illegal websites.
Mar 24, 2:08 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to amazingjoe
belial said:

Lol, it's called solo leveling, not add random side characters leveling. At that point, you may as well just watch/read a completely different story. If something is trash, at least to me, it means it's fundamentally flawed, so if the anime is gonna fix those flaws, it has to fundamentally change the story, which at that point is not an adaptation but a fan fiction.
>it's called solo leveling, not add random side characters leveling
@amazingjoe
there's no solo leveling. He mostly throws himself into deadly situations with no backup plan, there's no farming or planning in the plot
It's like you have no idea what content you are watching

>it has to fundamentally change the story
fixing it, exactly
all adaptations are transformative

You must be new to anime
Mar 24, 4:32 AM
Mar 2021
perseii said:
ciiviic said:

What context did the cut-away scenes add to the fight? Genuine question.

From what I can tell, the expedition team departing for Jeju has absolutely nothing to do with Jinwoo or Igris. Maybe if those scenes did something relevant, like revealing that the previous expedition team actually ran into Igris before, or the team discussing how to deal with enemies that outrank them, I would have appreciated those more. But they didn't do anything like that, so every time they cut away I was impatient to just get back to the "real" plot.

Cutting away to Jinwoo's sister and mother was a better idea, because on paper Jinwoo's doing all this for his family, but unfortunately they didn't do anything interesting in those cut-aways (the sister just made sandwiches...).

I normally don't even think about pacing during fights, but how this Igris fight played out felt so weird to me.

they don't add to the fight, but to the anime, without the pacing and treatment they are giving it now it would be a mid anime in it's real meaning
Mar 24, 5:30 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
Reply to belial
>it's called solo leveling, not add random side characters leveling
@amazingjoe
there's no solo leveling. He mostly throws himself into deadly situations with no backup plan, there's no farming or planning in the plot

>it has to fundamentally change the story
fixing it, exactly
all adaptations are transformative

You must be new to anime
belial said:

Then you have a problem with the story concept itself, for me its a basic power fantasy, nothing more nothing less, I don't look for logic or rational in the story where the mc literally gets made into a God for no specific reason, if that is not enjoyable to you then you should seek a completely different story trying to add any depth or meaning to a story like this is totally futile considering the outcome is going to be the same he will win just because he is SJW even if it shows everyone else thinking about juju island and planning their raid he is just gonna come no plan and win so whats the point, the core of the story stays the same you cannot change that without it becoming a completely different story.

belial said:
You must be new to anime

"I will say something like this to make my opinion seem more valid and belittle the others opinion than make a coherent argument"

Its a totally opinion based point, if you think its ok to butcher another work by being unfaithful to the source materials style and pacing that's fine, maybe you think it improves the work sure and just because a lot of anime adaptations do this or that doesn't make one point of view less valid. I personally believe that any adaptation should stay as faithful as possible to the source material and it goes back to what I said earlier, even adding those things to the story is useless because at its core it's going to be the same as you said no backup plan, no planning he will just show up and win.
Mar 24, 5:33 AM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
Reply to FluffyExpress
amazingjoe said:

maybe if you knew what it was adapting ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
@FluffyExpress I read the manhwa it was great, it's as good as a pure power fantasy is gonna get, trying to make it something more is useless hence butchering.
Mar 24, 7:19 AM
May 2020
The pacing is and was okay. Stop complaining
Mar 24, 7:26 AM
Aug 2022
Agreed. Pacing is ok but they aren’t giving important moments the longer time they need and deserve . Igris fight shouldn’t be shorter or the same length as the fight with the snake.

Cutaways should NOT take away from key moments and fights. Move it to side episodes.

And anyone who says otherwise just doesn’t know which are key moments yet ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ‍โ™€๏ธ But that’s on the studio for not showing that through time spent.

It’s sad to think that they will see positive feedback from the people that haven’t read it and think they’re doing constantly brilliantly … when in fact they messed up the Igris fight.
Dark-LynxMar 24, 7:34 AM
Mar 24, 9:15 AM
Oct 2018
Bruh, it's the other way around. The anime improved on the original, adding depth to the side characters and giving them more screen time. It seems to me you just don't understand what is called good writing, it's not just having non-stop action. And what TF you mean that the subplots are going to be abandoned? The side characters will only become irrelevant after they play their parts, everything so far is for Jeju Island arc. And we can't be sure how anime will develop further, the second half of webnovel / comics was kind of all over the place, most likely the author will improve upon it tremendously if he's taking a big part in the adaptation.
Mar 24, 9:43 AM

Apr 2021
The fact that people can get an episode like this with absolute brilliant action storyboards and excellent animation all around and say it "messed up the fight" is prove weebs cannot be satisfied with anything and should not get anything good.
Mar 24, 10:04 AM

Aug 2019
amazingjoe said:
@FluffyExpress I read the manhwa it was great, it's as good as a pure power fantasy is gonna get, trying to make it something more is useless hence butchering.

I don’t think you get what I’m implying so I’ll just say it. The anime is following the novel’s approach and not the manwha, A-1 is most definitely going to milk their new child series for a longer run and taking this route will let them do that. This in turn is why the author is backing the way they’re doing it because they’re giving it the slower burn he gave it in the novel. People need to understand this and not view the anime in the same light as the manwha.
Mar 24, 11:00 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to Sherry722
@Sherry722 I agree with that chin part. Tgat is seriously annoying
Mar 24, 11:51 AM
Oct 2017
@perseii Yeah, I think the fact that nothing much of relevance happened during the cutaways is what made it more jarring for the viewer.

Read the source material, but I still think they could have been a bit more creative in tying in the world-building and side characters. This feels almost robotic, like someone with less experience is learning how to tie things together.

I've got nothing but praise for what A-1 did with 86, but it seems like the same team isn't doing it here. I'm enjoying it still, but if you look past the hype a little bit it's hard to not notice some of these things. But it does seem that it's more difficult for an anime to live up to an action-oriented Manhwa as opposed to a Manga (Solo Leveling or Legend of the Northern Blade for example.. the imagery and fight panels are out of this world).
MenacingBFFMar 24, 11:58 AM
Mar 24, 12:04 PM
Sep 2016
I've been enjoying it so far. The pacing mostly hasn't bothered me. A lot of the characters that aren't Jinwoo don't get enough developement, and feel like they are just kind of abandoned in the manwha. They will show up, feel like they are going to be important, and then get dropped without enough build up, or proper send off. The Anime has been adding a lot to those characters, and I really like that. I can't go back and remove my memories of what it was like before I read it, so my feelings are based on following the manwha as it was coming out, and despite liking the story overall, being disappointed that almost no one besides Jinwoo got barely any closure. I understand being annoyed that the main cool guy that you came for isn't getting 100% of the screen time, but having read the manwha, I think the overall story will be much better for it by the end. Could they have done a better job integrating it? Probably. But I also feel like a lot of you are making a bigger deal out of this than it deserves. But then again, that just means you like the story, want it be even better.
Mar 24, 12:45 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to amazingjoe
Skenz said:

Since I am allowed to have my own opinion and think it's far worse than what I read.
@amazingjoe fair , i guess different opinions
Mar 24, 3:17 PM
Oct 2020
Honestly for me it's the perfect pacing

--SPOILER WARNING(kind of)--

For me this season could've ended in the moment when Sung Jin-woo establishes the guild. We don't need the really fast pacing because Igris was a big fight in manhwa, so I believe if the season was longer then this fight would've been cutted or made shorter. I don't understand where is your problem in the "breaking the fight" between Igris and Sung, his sister is an important character for Sung like his mother and lots of anime does the same trick in a really close fight between characters. Overall this pacing of this season is great and I think if we got more in only 12 episodes we would suffer lots of moments being cut or shorten so they could fit more. Just my opinion tho so if you don't agree then it's okay, everyone has his own opinion.
Mar 24, 10:18 PM
Feb 2021
Manga readers are never satisfied with pacing, smh always have to have something to complain about
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

29 by SuperLupinHero »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.