Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 11:44 AM

May 2015
Danmn that cliffhanger!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 23, 11:56 AM
Dec 2017
But why do they always have to break the rhythm with these useless additional scenes, I mean come on it's not possible that they interrupt the battle 5 times to see secondary characters that no one gives a damn about, not to mention that this time there isn't even a thrilling OST by Sawano to accompany everything, those at A1 pictures really don't know how to adapt just leveling, but what worries me are the comments under this post, it seems like they have never seen a normal episode, seeing as this episode was nothing special
Mar 23, 11:57 AM
Aug 2020
very good episode. no boring scenes.
Mar 23, 12:02 PM
May 2023
Reply to Peenutz
@yanchen03 Tetsuya Takeuchi wasn’t on this episode. That was a rumor. He also wasn’t a fight scene director, he was a key animator. He barely did anything for that episode. Only about 15 seconds or less of animation. Wait till a later ep tho since he’s still a great animator
@Peenutz i think 15 seconds or so is still impressive, noting how many frame for that smooth 15 seconds pov
Mar 23, 12:03 PM
Jan 2023
Fears crept in when I saw CGI armor, which I do believe we all saw coming. But them delivering on the fight against
damn its getting me excited. Whilst I do not believe we will see it in this season but
Mar 23, 12:03 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Annibei49
I can't overemphasize how wonderful the anime adapted the manhwa-- they did it justice.
@Annibei49

Pfft, no they didn't. They spit on the source material.
The pace is absymal and ruins the whole flow of the show. You can read the content of this season in like 45 minutes in the manhwa.
They could've wrapped up these 12 episodes in 7 if they just upped the pace and stopped sprinkling in all these pointless NPC scenes.
Instead of that useless recap they could've put all the side character crap in there for all i care.
Mar 23, 12:09 PM

Jun 2019
Incredible action and animation in this episode. Looks like the last episode will be just the one I expected. Can't wait for that scene. Igris is so cool.
Mar 23, 12:09 PM
May 2021
A1 studio cooked with this 🔥
Mar 23, 12:14 PM
Aug 2022
To be Honest I really feel that the animation quality went like 📈📈📈 this in this episode
Mar 23, 12:16 PM

Sep 2008
Finally, it was such a joy seeing Igris wipe the floor with Jin-Woo animated.
S1 will probably end exactly where I assumed it will, and man, do I hope there will be more.

Loved it.

Minor edit: Needless to say, excited as fuck for Arise.
Mar 23, 12:16 PM
Jun 2023
crazy episode, i fuking loved it.
Mar 23, 12:35 PM
Jul 2021
That fight was nuts through and through. Some of the best fight choreography and sakuga I’ve seen since JJK
Mar 23, 12:39 PM
May 2020
best anime ever and best eposide i ever seen
Mar 23, 12:48 PM
Apr 2022
Hmm... idk, it certainly has great animation but I find this episode is kinda rushed..
Mar 23, 12:48 PM
Jun 2021
am i the only one who finds it pretty stupid that he always drops his runaway stone before he can use it?
Mar 23, 12:50 PM

Jun 2023
GOOSEBUMPS THROUGHOUT!!! Jinwo defeats Igris in a fight to behold. Fantastically animated and all perfect, he's also guaranteed to be stronger again as a result.
Next up is a survival against an infinite Number of enemies, just a shame when the return stone falls out of your hand... Now he has to keep fighting...
Anyway, really good episode and THESE DREAMLIKE ANIMATIONS!!! Everything looks really good and clean, and as I said the fight against Igris was just perfectly done,
also the cartoon part where there were just the kind of hand-drawn-like lines you see in JJK.
So yea, and next episode is already the last one??
Mar 23, 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
The Igris fight was amazing, like damn. Jin woo was very lucky to have won this fight. The midair combo was sick af. A-1 pictures cooked in this episode. Jin woo was getting ragdolled around. And the fact that Igris was holding back is crazy. Overall a great fight. Can't wait for the next episode. They did us bad with the cliffhanger at the end.
Mar 23, 12:52 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
A1 went harddd, holy
死だけが確実
Mar 23, 12:53 PM

May 2023
this fight gotta be one of the best animated fights I have ever seen. the camera angles, ost, and the crazy animation were all perfect. god bless the A1 animators cuz this was truly peak.
Mar 23, 1:11 PM
Sep 2020
Fantastic fight, can't wait to watch next episode, just a little sad because it will be the last.
Mar 23, 1:12 PM
Oct 2022
good fight animations
Mar 23, 1:14 PM
Jun 2016
This will probably just be my mini-review for the whole season so time to just spill out all of my thoughts in general. There ain't nothing one more episode is gonna do to alter my tune at this point. I couldn't write these characters into a less boring story myself even if my life depended on it. I'd need to start back from episode 1.

So.

Solo Leveling is a tiresome and predictable action self-insert fantasy. Characters are about as deep as a tide pool, about as compelling as factory-made Ikea desks, and about as visually interesting as cardboard; everyone in this show has THE worst drip. Action scenes occasionally look fantastic (when it's not stilted or just dizzying like spin-art). But when you don't care about the characters' motivations in the fight or the entire story conceit of the action scenarios themselves? Well, then that's basically a x0 multiplier to your action scene right there.

These aren't unfamiliar problems.

If you've seen SAO, you've seen this. If you've seen Goblin Slayer, you've seen this. Only this time, Anime YouTube (probably?) won't neg-bomb it into vitriolic "the worst anime ever" status. It isn't. But it isn't my jam either. Even I expect my wish-fulfillment anime to be a hit above this. If I was 17 again and had only seen like 10 anime before - I would have thought this was pretty sick. But regardless of age and level of media experience, I feel like we could do better. It would need JJK season 2 levels of improvement to get me on board for a Season 2. And even that didn't *fully* fix JJK for me.
Mar 23, 1:16 PM
Dec 2023
The animation in the latest episode of Solo Leveling was breathtaking. The fight scenes were especially well-done, with fluid movement and exciting choreography. The use of color and lighting was also top-notch, creating a truly immersive experience.
Mar 23, 1:17 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Terrific fight, I especially like it when the director gets creative with the more artistic shots, like when it turns into this black, white, and red sketchy look. But I have to say, I hate it when Jin skips reading over new skills he's learned, just like he did at the end of this episode. I'm sure it will be vital in surviving the situation he's put himself in.
Mar 23, 1:18 PM

Apr 2009
So this fourth raid (as implied when he said the third raid has never ended for him) on Jeju Island is a recon-in-force.

Woah curbstomped all the way but admittedly managed to made it by a fluke, then the actual job change started... by surviving waves of zerg rush? LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 23, 1:23 PM
Sep 2023
Dukino said:
A cool fight between Jinwoo and that red suit of armor. Which is the definition of this story since Jinwoo second awakening. Cool fights and insane visuals with the voice actor carrying like load. Its just all spectacle and no substance, its not building towards anything meaningful. Jinwoo isn't doing all this for some grand goal it's just the vague as hell nothing of getting stronger. For why tho, Jinwoo has been given no incentive to gain this strength. Hes just doing it to do it, no other reason. It's basic power fantasy and nothing more. I miss Jinwoo when he had to think his way out of situations instead of just over powering his opponent. It's lame as hell to see him just beat someone or something in a fight because he's the main character. When will Jinwoo lose and learn A lesson from it, when will someone have it help him so he doesn't devolve into a lone wolf even more, when will these fights mean something to the overall story.

Ok, you're either "hate watching" SL and then being spiteful or you really don't understand the series even though it's so basic that my 11 year old cousin can summarise the entire story/plot Lol.

Firstly,he was known as the weakest in his universe/world so he was easily mocked and underestimated - and because of his low status he received an income (which he almost died countless times for) that is worth a McDonald's happy meal(I think,but it's definitely little) - before the reawakening he was also talentless.

Secondly, he continues to go on dungeon raids to continue earning an income to support his family - his mother who has succumbed to internal slumber which he has to pay for the medicine or equipment KEEPING HER ALIVE, and he has to pay for his sister's education as well their rent and other expenses. All these things he has to tackle on his own without the help of anyone else - if you noticed,his father isn't there which will be revealed or explained in season/cour 2.

Thirdly, after he reawakened, he now has the opportunity to grow stronger with the help of the mysterious system - which basically explains the purpose of the title SOLO LEVELING (it was meant to be a lonely journey)as well partially of the story. But because he is still in the process of growing, there are other hunters that are considered superior to him - stronger, like A-Ranks & S-Ranks. That dude that he killed in episode 6 (the one he decapitated - can't remember the name) has a brother who's an S-Rank who is currently much stronger than Jinwoo; episode 10 Sung Jinwoo was literally warned about him. I mean, if you found out that someone much stronger than you was coming to kill you, wouldn't you use the system to make sure that you're strong enough to defend yourself? Anyway, with enemies around him, he makes sure to grind so that he has no enemies to worry about, and currently there's a lot of enemies that are stronger than Jinwoo - so there is meaning to these "battles" and there will be more later on in the story.

Lastly, THIS SERIES WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE GRAND OR A DEEP STORY, it was basically overhyped/glazed and will continue to be by the toxic SL fans(not everyone). This series(the manwha )is loved and renown for its amazing illustrations and some really good fast paced fights but mostly "THE ART". I understand your frustration of this series not meeting your expectations because of the fans glazing this power fantasy, but at the end of the day there's not a single anime/manga that 100% guarantees the audiences' complete satisfaction - there's diversity - our interests, thoughts and as well as our appearance are different.
Mar 23, 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was lit. Can see where the budget went. Hype.
Mar 23, 1:32 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to yanchen03
@Peenutz i think 15 seconds or so is still impressive, noting how many frame for that smooth 15 seconds pov
@yanchen03 it was a good cut but the way you credited him is disrespecting the person who actually cooked up the Yuki VS choso fight. Also his cut wasnt even really all the fluid or as you put it "many frame" in that ep. He's done much better things and tbh you should check some of them out:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=tetsuya_takeuchi+order%3Ascore
Mar 23, 1:35 PM
Jan 2024
Sung Jin Woo is in trouble, trapped in a place where he cannot recover health and mana, surrounded by powerful enemies. Will our main character be able to survive this? The anime is incredible and the animation is very beautiful! The soundtrack is impeccable, providing a sensational complement to the scenes. The story is perfect, and from now on it only gets better.
Mar 23, 1:39 PM
May 2023
Reply to Peenutz
@yanchen03 it was a good cut but the way you credited him is disrespecting the person who actually cooked up the Yuki VS choso fight. Also his cut wasnt even really all the fluid or as you put it "many frame" in that ep. He's done much better things and tbh you should check some of them out:
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=tetsuya_takeuchi+order%3Ascore
@Peenutz its not that deep, i just say a shoutout because there is the also the news of someone from yuji choso fight joining for part of eps 11. thats why i said the fight scene is crazy and i put a full stop (.) after that i add honorable mention of whoever does join part from yuji choso fight to solev eps 11. its a completely different sentences, i guess thats easy enough to understand, right?😅 dont be mad because i didnt credit who cooks for yuji choso, i didnt even know anyones name and i didnt mention anyones name too, so just take it as a hole group of animator doing a great job buddy
Mar 23, 1:41 PM

May 2021
The fight scene is insanely well animated holy fuck. Also the scene when his eyed turned blue and froze the enemies is also so cool.
Mar 23, 1:58 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Zeemod155
This will probably just be my mini-review for the whole season so time to just spill out all of my thoughts in general. There ain't nothing one more episode is gonna do to alter my tune at this point. I couldn't write these characters into a less boring story myself even if my life depended on it. I'd need to start back from episode 1.

So.

Solo Leveling is a tiresome and predictable action self-insert fantasy. Characters are about as deep as a tide pool, about as compelling as factory-made Ikea desks, and about as visually interesting as cardboard; everyone in this show has THE worst drip. Action scenes occasionally look fantastic (when it's not stilted or just dizzying like spin-art). But when you don't care about the characters' motivations in the fight or the entire story conceit of the action scenarios themselves? Well, then that's basically a x0 multiplier to your action scene right there.

These aren't unfamiliar problems.

If you've seen SAO, you've seen this. If you've seen Goblin Slayer, you've seen this. Only this time, Anime YouTube (probably?) won't neg-bomb it into vitriolic "the worst anime ever" status. It isn't. But it isn't my jam either. Even I expect my wish-fulfillment anime to be a hit above this. If I was 17 again and had only seen like 10 anime before - I would have thought this was pretty sick. But regardless of age and level of media experience, I feel like we could do better. It would need JJK season 2 levels of improvement to get me on board for a Season 2. And even that didn't *fully* fix JJK for me.
@Zeemod155 i get you dont like it , but comparing this to SAO just feels dumb...
Mar 23, 2:07 PM
Jun 2021
Who else be trippin about them fingers in the end of episode 11 lol
Mar 23, 2:20 PM
Mar 2020
Now, this fight was incredible, jaw dropping animation and choreography. It was truly hype as fuck, A-1 really is killing it, and i'm not surprised considering how good of a job they did adapting Love is war and 86. But i feel like i'm having an issue with the writhing of this story. I feel like the fights go kinda the same way with these strong opponents. It's usually SJW acknowledging how the enemy is strong, than he gets beat up bad, and then just as he is about to receive a killing blow he suddenly does something (asspull?) which stuns the enemy which than allows him to spam a couple of critical hits which kills the enemy. Also i kinda don't like how he became this one dimensional edgelord character. I'm wandering, are all fights in Solo Leveling done in the exact same way? Don't get me wrong, these fights look absurdly good, but i feel like source material writhing just isn't a strong point here.
Mar 23, 2:24 PM

Dec 2011
MC doesn't learn lol, his tele stone always getting smacked mid-use
Mar 23, 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
Dukino said:
@Ken_shiv_10 What does his mom have to do with finding a random suit of armor?

He has an access to craft a potion to heal his mom. To craft it, he needs a material from a dungeon where the enemy is way stronger than him.

So now he's grinding to prepare himself for the dangerous dungeon.

That's it lol
Mar 23, 2:28 PM
Jul 2015
Dukino said:
A cool fight between Jinwoo and that red suit of armor. Which is the definition of this story since Jinwoo second awakening. Cool fights and insane visuals with the voice actor carrying like load. Its just all spectacle and no substance, its not building towards anything meaningful. Jinwoo isn't doing all this for some grand goal it's just the vague as hell nothing of getting stronger. For why tho, Jinwoo has been given no incentive to gain this strength. Hes just doing it to do it, no other reason. It's basic power fantasy and nothing more. I miss Jinwoo when he had to think his way out of situations instead of just over powering his opponent. It's lame as hell to see him just beat someone or something in a fight because he's the main character. When will Jinwoo lose and learn A lesson from it, when will someone have it help him so he doesn't devolve into a lone wolf even more, when will these fights mean something to the overall story.

The thing is, he technically is a lone wolf throughout the whole webtoon lmao. That is his thing, that's why it's "Solo Leveling".
And the whole system thing will be extensively explained down the line
Mar 23, 2:29 PM
Nov 2016
Cooked, peak.

Kids these days use really weird lingo. Well, mid, lit and GOAT aren't any better buzzwords either.
Mar 23, 2:29 PM
Jan 2021
it was the best episode of the series
Mar 23, 2:37 PM
Jul 2022
Dukino said:
@Ken_shiv_10 What does his mom have to do with finding a random suit of armor?

Once he gets strong enough he can defeat the dungeon that gives the panacea, that's his current motivation.
I get what you mean about it being cool fights and not much else but isn't that why people watch it? I watch for the spectacle, something I can watch without thinking, bubblegum for the brain.
Mar 23, 2:39 PM
Aug 2022
This episode was animated incredibly
Mar 23, 2:41 PM
Nov 2019
pertarungan yg epik parah si
My Candies :
Mar 23, 2:41 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to BlueSnow93
@Annibei49

Pfft, no they didn't. They spit on the source material.
The pace is absymal and ruins the whole flow of the show. You can read the content of this season in like 45 minutes in the manhwa.
They could've wrapped up these 12 episodes in 7 if they just upped the pace and stopped sprinkling in all these pointless NPC scenes.
Instead of that useless recap they could've put all the side character crap in there for all i care.
@BlueSnow93 cool if you want them to just speedrun the adaptation , not everyone wants another noblesse or the god of highschool , the pace is just fine
Mar 23, 2:54 PM
Aug 2021
great fighting scenes
Mar 23, 3:06 PM

May 2019
The fighting sequence with Igris was really well done and I thought he was in real trouble for a second there although he's not out of the woods yet since he dropped his teleport stone.

Side note, I'm curious about the island and why it seems to be a big deal, maybe it's the origin of these portals.
Mar 23, 3:17 PM
Nov 2020
amazing animation, amazing voice acting, everything on point
Mar 23, 3:28 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Skenz
@BlueSnow93 cool if you want them to just speedrun the adaptation , not everyone wants another noblesse or the god of highschool , the pace is just fine
@Skenz

Speedrun ? From 1 extreme to another. Facepalm.

The pace is garbage and made out of a 10/10 manhwa a 5/10 Anime.
Mar 23, 3:46 PM
Jan 2009
You would think that he'd learn to hold on to the teleport stone after the LAST time he dropped it and nearly died.
Mar 23, 3:49 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to yanchen03
@Peenutz its not that deep, i just say a shoutout because there is the also the news of someone from yuji choso fight joining for part of eps 11. thats why i said the fight scene is crazy and i put a full stop (.) after that i add honorable mention of whoever does join part from yuji choso fight to solev eps 11. its a completely different sentences, i guess thats easy enough to understand, right?😅 dont be mad because i didnt credit who cooks for yuji choso, i didnt even know anyones name and i didnt mention anyones name too, so just take it as a hole group of animator doing a great job buddy
@yanchen03 the problem isn't you, its the misinformation, I'm trying to correct that. Tetsuya Takeuchi was not on the ep and therefore should not get a shoutout for it.
Mar 23, 3:51 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
The fighting sequence with Igris was really well done and I thought he was in real trouble for a second there although he's not out of the woods yet since he dropped his teleport stone.

Side note, I'm curious about the island and why it seems to be a big deal, maybe it's the origin of these portals.
Alfredo-Sauce said:

Jeju Island has an S rank gate that they failed to beat three times in the past.
It's a big deal because they lost a lot of good fighters, even a S rank hunter. If the monsters get off the island they could wipe out cities.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

259 by ginumura »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

164 by Code0018 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

374 by NachmanTheSoos »»
Yesterday, 10:16 AM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

25 by 1000-MAT »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

223 by Code0018 »»
May 13, 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.