Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 3:55 PM
Dec 2023
This basically solved most of the things I felt wasn't good about the fight with the stealth guy
Mar 23, 4:04 PM
May 2015
Great episode, they really put in the budget on this one, the fight was really good, and they managed to close it with a good cliffhanger
Mar 23, 4:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
ho-ly f*ck-ing sh*t

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 23, 4:31 PM
Jan 2021
I like so much fight vs Igris
Mar 23, 4:41 PM
Oct 2016
Nice animation, pretty good advance in the story !
Mar 23, 5:05 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
A1 really showing us what peak animation looks like
Mar 23, 5:24 PM
Nov 2022
Dukino said:
@Yuyu1ch1 But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it

so you just going to ignore them showing his sister and mother? the two main reasons he is a hunter?
Mar 23, 5:27 PM

Sep 2023
Such a great fight against Igris, the animation was on point. Then Jin-woo drops his TP stone again, what a surprise!
Mar 23, 5:36 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Holy shit, I did not think they would do the Igris fight this much justice.
Mar 23, 5:44 PM
Oct 2023
The red knight is really something else
Mar 23, 5:48 PM

Jan 2010
of course the fight against igris would be the best of this and the best chapter of this season. I was looking foward to it and it did deilver.

awesome chapter.
Mar 23, 5:51 PM
Jun 2023
Fire espide solo leveling🔥
Mar 23, 5:58 PM

Apr 2022
damn this episode actually had some cool action sequences.
Mar 23, 6:06 PM

Nov 2012
12 episodes. They punked us.

I'm imaging Jeju to look like Hell's Paradise.
Mar 23, 6:07 PM
Apr 2020
I ain't seen Sunwoo get cooked this hard since EP 2 😭😭😭
Mar 23, 6:15 PM

Nov 2016
The only satisfaction I got from this is seeing that the staff is doing a killer job.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 6:17 PM

Feb 2019
of course it'll end on a cliffhanger. how will he overpower these nonstop wave? guess the answer is in next week's episode
Mar 23, 6:32 PM
Jan 2024
Kinda crazy. Not gonna lie
Mar 23, 6:40 PM
Jan 2021
peak episode greatest of all time my pants are now white
Mar 23, 6:41 PM
Feb 2024
Good fight animation!
Mar 23, 6:59 PM
Jan 2021
Yooo the battle with Igris is so epic
Mar 23, 7:02 PM

Jul 2022
Jin-Woo keeps getting stronger, now he can equip armor that isn't visible, I guess for aesthetic reasons.

The fight against Igris was incredible, the animation's fluidity and the accompanying soundtrack were masterful. But as Jin-Woo said, he defeated Igris out of sheer luck because if Igris hadn't been a knight and fought with his weapons or aimed for a fatal blow on Jin-Woo, he wouldn't have made it.

I would have preferred a path of mercy from Igris after seeing Jin-Woo's efforts, or something similar.

There's only one episode left, and I hope it leads to a second season directed by the same studio.
Mar 23, 7:02 PM
Jan 2024
this epiosde is insane
Mar 23, 7:13 PM
Dec 2014
Igris was awesome but as usual plot armoured boy won. Fight was visually amazing but I felt something was missing. I was not able to connect to the fight. Maybe thanks yo those island mission cut scenes
Mar 23, 7:18 PM
Mar 2024
Explique mas foi muito bom
Mar 23, 8:03 PM

Jul 2017
Jinwoo's job-change request, the real Player game starts here.

The mana-inducing and damage-increasing dungeon quest is a doozy for Jinwoo, not to mention their range of abilities that could end his life in one swoop if he's not careful. But once again, the dungeon's high-risk, high-reward feature does improve his chances of survivability until he finds the dungeon boss: the Knight Commander, Igris the Bloodred. The knights who defends an empty throne, he's unlike ANY enemy that Jinwoo has ever faced, forcing him to rethink his strategy for defeating him.

While things within Yoojin Construction is heating up of Jinho's brother Jinsung, whom he and his party is heading to Jeju Island for the S-rank dungeon raid, the pure fist fight of Jinwoo and Igris, even that has a possibiliy odf the former losing his life at a much higher risk, but with better defense. Jinwoo's defeat may be for a while, but his comeback is even stronger, and that reassures his victory against a fearsome enemy like Igris. But this is not the end of his problems just yet: a wave of enemies in a fit for survival. The benefit of having an teleportation stone is critical (which he has), but will he be able to survive before death throes at his doorstep?

HYPE EPIC FIGHT. Survive all you can now, Jinwoo.
Mar 23, 8:04 PM
Apr 2023
Despite that hard job-change quest, the king is about to be born. The manhwa was great on this part but action scenes are best watched in motion than read in pages, and A-1 did a nice job adapting this.
Mar 23, 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
I was worried for this fight but I ended very satisfied. I feel like they did justice to the Igris fight. THE LAST EPISODE IS GONNA BE HYPE. I can't wait for
Mar 23, 8:17 PM

May 2019
Reply to Yaggamy
Alfredo-Sauce said:
Side note, I'm curious about the island and why it seems to be a big deal, maybe it's the origin of these portals.

Jeju Island has an S rank gate that they failed to beat three times in the past.
It's a big deal because they lost a lot of good fighters, even a S rank hunter. If the monsters get off the island they could wipe out cities.
@Yaggamy
I see, thanks for clarifying that. I do remember the island scene back in the first episode with the giant ants but I didn't realize the monsters could leave the island and wipe out cities.
Mar 23, 8:27 PM
Dec 2023
anime is good but the vibes that every ch of manhwa gives and their art styles are on whole different level So I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO READ MANHWA
Mar 23, 8:27 PM
Feb 2024
The animation on this episode was amazing, and despite my having read the original, it kept me on the edge of my seat.
Mar 23, 8:56 PM

Sep 2023
MC: We are equals in tems of speed. But he's much more powerful.
So what's the plan? I guess, I'll just stop his sword with my bare hand (even though he's much more powerful (which is ofc is not a problem after MC getting angry) and I've already lost like half hp, all mana and some stamina).

And then, SURPRISINGLY (not) MC again just stabs boss in its eye and after that basically one-shots it😂. I've lost count of how many bosses he's killed by hitting their eyes only? (remind me pls)
Mar 23, 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
The animation was not bad, it was good even. But just imagine if ufotable animated this, goddamn.
Mar 23, 9:12 PM
Jun 2022
FOR SURE currently The BEST ANIMATIONS OF 2024.......this EPISODE was INSANE!!!
The Animations in the fight was like one of the BEST ANIMATIONS I HAVE SEEN TILL NOW!
10/10...
A-1 Studios whose name idts many people have heard...is competing with MAPPA,TOEI and UFOTABLE level ANIMATIONS quality which is AMAZING!
Really EXCITED to see HOW FAR CAN THIS SERIES Go!?
Mar 23, 9:15 PM

Sep 2016
Why did they cut the part that explains how he parried the sword with his hand, without explanation it makes no sense and looks cheap.
The manhwa literally takes one panel to explain it come on.
How to ruin the peak of the fight...

FullyChargedMar 23, 9:33 PM
bruh
Mar 23, 9:29 PM

May 2016
Good point of the season to end on next week!
Mar 23, 10:05 PM
Aug 2020
supprisingly good adaptation
Mar 23, 10:09 PM
Mar 2022
Best fight in the anime so far. A-1 really did this justice
Mar 23, 10:15 PM

Dec 2018
We're coming up to one of the coolest parts. This finale is going to be a banger.
Mar 23, 10:25 PM
Apr 2016
This Anime takes me so far away ❤
Mar 23, 10:27 PM

Jul 2017
Thank you all for telling me the story is still in its 5%. I will wait until 4 or 5 more seasons are out to watch it all at once. Have fun!
Mar 23, 10:33 PM
Oct 2021
Even though there is no justification for his abilities, the story at least keeps you engaged from start to end.
Mar 23, 11:13 PM

Sep 2021
This is the kind of episode I was expecting from this show.
Mar 23, 11:16 PM
Dec 2022
Jinwoo may have chew more than he can in this quest. It looks way hard without the use of the usual powers that are available previously. Another way to level up even more then.
Mar 23, 11:39 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode with amazing animation. Only downside was when we shifted away from Jinwoo’s perspective to show the S-Ranks supposedly preparing for a raid. (8/10)
Mar 24, 12:00 AM
Mar 2024
Great Animation, nice Musictracks and a good anime adaption of the fight between Jin Woo Sung and Igris.
Mar 24, 12:16 AM
Dec 2022
Jinwoo going crazy

My friends are hyping up Igris something crazy bouta happen lmao
The animation for Igris go crazy lmao dude nerfed himself and still kicking Jinwoos ass

Jinwoo in the throne ZAYUM
oh dear survive as long as possible

MANNN wish episode was longer
Mar 24, 12:21 AM

Jul 2021
That was some great fight animation. So much power and speed, and well-directed so that I can see and understand what's happening. There was some quick thinking and character moments too, like when Jinwoo decides to swap to hand-to-hand combat, and the knight drops his sword.

The fight itself was somewhat disappointing, especially after so much "Igris" hype in the comments of the previous episodes. The opponent was just very strong and had a cool name, and that was it. He wasn't very interesting, in terms of design, skills and lore. He's just a knight in armor, and we don't know much else about him... They didn't even have to make him a full-fledged character; Dark Souls and Bloodborne bosses have so much character and hints at their lore, just through their look and their fighting style.

Also, the way they kept cutting to the Jeju expedition was very distracting and frustrating. It's just not relevant to the fight at all, why keep interrupting the action? I thought those cut-aways will reveal that the previous expeditions had some run-in with Igris before, but no... It's worse because I have no reason to care about these random S-rankers at all. If they want to build up to this Jeju thing, then they should do it properly, in its own time, not squeeze it in into a boss fight.

The cut-away to Jinwoo's sister and mother was more relevant, but it was also a weak and pretty transparent attempt to up the emotional stakes of the fight. On paper Jinwoo's doing this for his family, but there's just so little connection to be felt between those cardboard cut-out characters and this insane super-powered fight to the death. It would have been more believable if Jinwoo just focused on himself, his own journey to improve himself and break through this obstacle.

The way Jinwoo beat Igris was also rather anti-climactic; a "fluke", as he said it himself. A surprise stab in the eye, great. But the quest isn't technically completed yet, so I'll have to wait and see.
Mar 24, 12:41 AM
Feb 2024
FINALLY OUR PROTAGONIST IS IN SOME TROUBLE AFTER GAINING POWER ALSO NEXT EPISODE IS GONNA BE FUN
Mar 24, 12:44 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Such an intense battle, I like how Sung Jin Woo had to bet in that very moment to kill Igris as direct confrontation would definitely kill the former instead

Next week will be a legendary moment for him

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

259 by ginumura »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

164 by Code0018 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

374 by NachmanTheSoos »»
Yesterday, 10:16 AM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

25 by 1000-MAT »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

223 by Code0018 »»
May 13, 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.