Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sign of Affection
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 23, 1:15 PM

Jun 2012
this is why i learned german, just so I could understand the final episode lmfao

jokes aside, man I loved this episode, every episode had my heart going wild

i'm really going to miss the series (same with kusuriya no hitorigoto)

I'm gona keep with JLPT, hopefully one day I get to use it :D

- I only draw freestyle! -
Mar 23, 1:31 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Episode to close the season and all them lived happily and ate partridges....
The walk in the flower park was cool!

In general it was a good anime, with the best first episode of all the series this winter season, but the bad thing is that the relationships, all the ones in the 12 episodes were very linear and there were not many surprises, and in retrospect, It is a very romantic and sweet anime, but without dramas or violent scenes between couples.

7/10

kekeke
Mar 23, 2:07 PM
May 2017
An excellent ending episode of an excellent, Shoujo through and through, series! Further seasons much welcome if and when coming!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 23, 2:12 PM
May 2017
Reply to Memore
All get a pair except for Oushi. So sad. Hope that they announce season 2 and treat Oushi well!
@Memore Oushi ends paired with...

...much needed experience!
Mar 23, 2:34 PM
May 2017
Sooooo adorable and sweet !
Mar 23, 3:09 PM
Dec 2023
The happiest ending I've ever seen
Mar 23, 3:10 PM

Jan 2022
I'm gonna cry...I can't believe its over.

The fact that they saw each other's beauty underneath the beautiful tree actually made me tear up. I love Yuki for appreciating flowers, she's just like me fr

Little Itsu was so damn cute.

This was a great way to end the season. I'm hoping there will be a 2nd season announcement soon. (Still hoping for another season of Yamada-kun as well. *cries*)

Lowkey, I'm still rooting for Oushi.
cooldogmomMar 23, 3:56 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 23, 3:37 PM
Jul 2021
Really wholesome end to it. Wrapped up nicely in case there’s no second season but everyone ending off happy, so I think as an adaptation it did really well.

All around a great show. Some of the over protective guys gave it some bumps along the way. Having a deaf MC where we can see her worldview and how she forms genuine relationships with others was really great to watch. A breath of fresh air for romance anime.
Mar 23, 3:40 PM
Mar 2018
At the start of the season I had some complaints.
Now my only complaint is that it's over.
Mar 23, 4:48 PM
Oct 2023
I loved everyhting in that Episode. That was just beautiful. Everything about the Anime. Fucking good Romance Anime. Emma with Shin melted my heart in the end completely.
Mar 23, 5:56 PM

Sep 2018
And it's over. Female shoujo self inserts are something else. Not for me, 4/10.
Mar 23, 5:59 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The garden date is an inexpensive and good date! Cool to see a part of the anime opening make an appearance in the last episode. Feels like a nice wrap up.

Also cool that we find out why Itsuomi travels a lot.

The anime ended in a good and positive note. I wish anime was as chill and mature as this one.

Waaooo I’m surprised Emma and Shin are already dating by end of this anime.
Mar 23, 6:42 PM

Jul 2021
"What lovely words to say!" - even Yuki knows that Itsuomi is the perfect Shoujo love interest. He always says the right things and can do no wrong.

As simple and perfectly-manicured as it was, the anime was just beautiful and sweet. It's good to see such unashamed Shoujo romance so high on the seasonal list.
Mar 23, 7:40 PM
Jun 2008
So sad it ended, I want more….now I’m going to read the manga since there wasn’t an announcement for season 2.
Mar 23, 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
Shin was playing it cool there but I'm pretty sure he was just as confused as I was regarding how he managed to get the girl. Either they speedran the whole romantic development between him and Emma off-screen or Emma is just that impulsive.
Anyways, not that any of that matters now that it's all over.

Overall and easily, one of the most superficial romances I have watched in recent years. Bland from beginning to end and with both MCs being the epitome of boredom.
Visuals were stunning and one or two side-characters were interesting enough but that was pretty much it. Won't be around in case a sequel gets announced.

3/10 - Wonder if Yuki writes poetry. Because she could fill books with the amount of corny phrases that come out of her mouth. Just saying.
SouthRzVaMar 23, 7:53 PM
Mar 23, 8:16 PM
Mar 2015
Everybody is making progress now
Mar 23, 8:29 PM
Apr 2022
Amazing episode!! Can't believe the season is already over. I really hope there's a season 2!
Mar 23, 9:03 PM
Feb 2015
That was so heartwarmingly cute, Itsuomi finally told her why he is so interested in learning new language and he loves her in that message. everyone moves on with their lives..
Mar 23, 9:46 PM

Jul 2022
I can't believe this gem has ended. This romance has sparked so much discussion and made us feel so many emotions.

It was such a beautiful, purifying anime that illuminates souls. I felt so tranquil, it's very relaxing, a true love letter. The animation is gorgeous, the characters are so charismatic. Yuki is too adorable and brave because despite her disability, she decided to fight for her dreams and along this journey, she found her soulmate Itsuomi. What a great guy he is, a true gentleman who instead of overprotecting her, saw her as a ticket to discover a new unknown world through her, and vice versa. They both found that special someone.

12 episodes are not enough, especially with the final scenes of the episode. Now I want to know what will happen with Shin and Emma, or the relationship between Kyouya and Rin, or with Oushi, who is a good guy but by hiding his feelings behind that rough personality, he lost any chance with Yuki, but despite that, he won't give up. And Yuki and Itsuomi traveling together.

Well, anyway, it was a great pleasure to follow this anime, quite lovely and enjoyable, but thinking calmly, it's clear they gave it a proper closure.
Mar 23, 10:03 PM

Mar 2007
After watching this episode I kind of felt a ton of regrets because I have to admit I want someone like Itsuomi in my life. Someone who values the ability to communicate, an idealist who wants to spread a message of communication and learning to others, one who wants to continue learning languages, even sign language plus he also just wants to spend time with Yuki because he loves her and isn't shy about telling her he does.

That's grade A prime Husbando material.

After all that sugary sweetness and wish fulfillment, we have Emma finally asking the guy who loves her out, and Oushi taking some next steps.

Overall an extremely mature, more realistic, satisfying adult romance.
Mar 23, 11:27 PM

Mar 2011
What a beautiful last episode <3. Their date was simple yet beautiful and also Itsuomi opening up about his dreams and reason to travel (it doesn't always require a dramatic background) as well as his past and confession to Yuki. Really, really beautiful. And even though it's just the beginning of their romance I really started to like them and get invested in their story. I would really hope for another season to see how it continues. Same for Rin and Kyoya who are finally a couple (I wanted to see more of them too).

Also Shin and Ema are finally together. I'm glad Ema could see someone was at her side all along. And regarding Oshi I just hope he will be able to find happiness as well and not cling onto Yuki so much now that she is in a happy relationship which expands her world.

Very cozy, feel-good anime ♥. I went in with zero expectations but I ended up enjoying it so much.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Mar 23, 11:50 PM

Feb 2014
This was a very wholesome final episode in many ways. The date that Itsuomi and Yuki had with the many flowers was pretty and you can see how much the both of them enjoyed it.

Not only that, but we also learnt about the origins of what inspired Itsuomi to travel so much, which was thanks to his experience of living in Germany when he was much younger. He did struggle at first, but thanks to the fellow kid his age agreeing to play football with him, it helped Itsuomi to finally open up and enjoy himself.

Itsuomi and Yuki weren't the only ones to have a nice time, either. Shin and Emma were finally on their first date with a bit of handholding (Also, Emma's outfit looks incredibly cute on her!), while Rin and Kyouya are no officially dating as well, with Kyouya giving Rin a gift as a gift, which she loved.

As for Oushi, he's taking steps in the right direction for him to become a better person, which I'm happy to see. Maybe one day, he'll find someone that he'll fall in love with.

Overall, this series was really enjoyable. Solid character interactions and development, along with the pretty visuals, helped to make the 12 episodes a fun and memorable ride. If there's a second season in the future, I'll be there to watch it. =)
Mar 23, 11:54 PM
Dec 2022
Nice ending but leaves room for Season 2. Can't believe this is the end of the first season.
Mar 23, 11:55 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to kisaragi_eki
Great final episode!!!🥺❤️
But I feel quite sad that the anime is already end...
Please have a second season!!!! 😭🙏🏻
The manga has a lot to offer!!!!!
@kisaragi_eki yes.. it needs a second season.
Mar 23, 11:55 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
All get a pair except for Oushi. So sad. Hope that they announce season 2 and treat Oushi well!
@Memore yes agree. Perhaps Oushi will meet someone special at the sign language certification class/office.
Mar 24, 12:39 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It was aight. I don't know why I bother with romance anime, to be honest. More times than not I just get annoyed. I thought this one would be a little different. Nah. I just disconnected the whole time. Good for them I guess.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 24, 1:34 AM

Sep 2016
AOTS
Romance for girls really are different from romance for incels.
Oushi stays the only loser LMAO
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2:11 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to leonardobarba
@Memore Oushi ends paired with...

...much needed experience!
@leonardobarba, this too, yes.
Mar 24, 2:11 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to SenseiSempai-san
@Memore yes agree. Perhaps Oushi will meet someone special at the sign language certification class/office.
@SenseiSempai-san, what about Yuki? No chance for him?
Mar 24, 2:49 AM

Dec 2007
Gotta say I loved this episode. I'd love to see this show continue in a season 2, but I feel like if that's the last we get of the anime it was a great ending. It really gave perfect closer to the cast and left everything in a happy place.

The last time I gave a show either a 9 or 10 was way back in 2016, that was until this show which I rated a 9. Honestly shocked just how much I enjoyed it. This felt like the shoujo anime that I always hoped for, but never thought I'd actually see. It just avoided so many of the pitfalls I can't stand and remained positive, endearing and charming throughout. So glad the show was made.
Mar 24, 4:46 AM
Feb 2021
I like it very much. season 2 ASAP.
Mar 24, 5:19 AM
Feb 2024
it was so good!! season 2 isnt a need its a must
Mar 24, 5:20 AM
Sep 2016
Favorite scene in this EP: the last scene, mirroring the OP. Whilst the guitar tirando outro plays, a shot of every couple, in rhythm to the guitar tirandos. And then the title screen as the guitar stops... The scene parallels that in the OP. Don't know why, I just think the scene was realy cool....
uncleqrowMar 24, 5:24 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 24, 5:28 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to kisaragi_eki
From the author after the last episode finished airing:

@kisaragi_eki wait, does this read "arigatou gozaimashita" ? I know the first shuwa is "a", the one with Kyouya is "i", and Rin's "ma". The rest I guessed by extrapolation from the context.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 24, 5:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice closing for having all the characters having their own ends. Kyouya x Rin having the most W with them kinda in engagement. While Shin x Emma seems like kinda being rushed here, but also glad to see them finally in a good relationship again after all the times, they were dating.

As for the last, Yuuki manage to get her passport ready to fly around the world with Itsuomi. Satisfying ending for this entertaining romance show. Not sure if i even need second season of Sign of Affection, since this is already concluded enough to me. But eh? More wholesome Yuuki can be great to get in the future, right?

Oishi/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 7:05 AM
Mar 2022
It was an interesting ending
Mar 24, 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
They went all in on the romantic atmosphere this week! The floral spring scenery was absolutely gorgeous.

Itsuomi's reason for being so passionate about languages really resonated me as well. I was expecting all the build-up to eventually lead to a tragic reveal, but I was positively surprised. Itsuomi, at least as seen in the anime, is a great example of the fact that characters can be interesting, identifiable and relatable even without an angsty background. I would love to see more characters like that in media.

The small montage at the end wraps most existing plot points up in an open-ended yet satisfactory manner, but doesn't completely close off the possibility for a second season either – this was a great, well-crafted last episode all around.
Mar 24, 7:47 AM
Feb 2023
Cute. Made me giggle and stuff >>>>
Mar 24, 7:48 AM
May 2017
Reply to Memore
@SenseiSempai-san, what about Yuki? No chance for him?
@Memore Not happening. Until something affects negatively the couple, Itsuomi and Yuki are to remain boyfriend and girlfriend and future husband and wife and parents.
Mar 24, 8:37 AM
May 2022
Good adaptation. But as a manga reader… they skipped the meat of the Emma and Shin romance and that’s a real shame. Low key feels like it isn’t getting a second season because of that. Either way it’s a good anime, I enjoyed my time with it. Really nice art style and colors and a sweet time overall. 7.5/10
Mar 24, 8:51 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to leonardobarba
@Memore Not happening. Until something affects negatively the couple, Itsuomi and Yuki are to remain boyfriend and girlfriend and future husband and wife and parents.
@leonardobarba, ok, thanks for the answer.
Mar 24, 9:09 AM
May 2022
Best romance anime I've ever seen!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
This was a rock solid romance that did a great job getting me invested as it went on. They could honestly end it with this finale. Basically all the cast got happy endings and there is nothing pushing the plot forwards besides slice of life. Still I'm pretty sure there is more so I'm looking forward to a S2 if one comes.
Mar 24, 10:22 AM

Mar 2021
"Ich will soccer" is so relatable when learning a new language XD

Aw it would've been so cute for Yuki and Itsu to kiss beneath the wisteria in the finale :P

Yey Emma not only accepted Shin's confession but also asked him out on a date! Now only Oushi is a single pringle lol
Mar 24, 10:30 AM
Mar 2018
A heartwarming finale!

It's great to see how much things have changed since the premiere: Yuki and Itsuomi are together, she has done some growing up, while we've gotten to know him more in-depth (which was my favorite part of the episode!); Oushi is more open about his feelings and less on the sidelines; Emma and Shin, and Kyouka and Rin are both a thing.

Can't wait to see what will come of this!
Mar 24, 10:33 AM
Mar 2021
Any idea which park in Tokyo they went to? I hear it’ll be wisteria season when I’m in Tokyo and I want to check this place out if it’s real
Mar 24, 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
and another anime ended :D

it's not everyday that we get to see an anime about a disabled person like this one huh
actually i think this is the only one i watched apart from the movie "silent voice" that goes with someone who can't hear/speak since i can't really include someone like Komi-san on that group

it also helps that she is super cute and all the other charas are pretty friendly (apart from Oushi, but even he is fine lol)

anyway, it was really nice to watch this one, can't be easy for someone with a disability to take the first step to make friends, get a job, learn stuff and all those other things that people like to do
it also helps her that she can read people lips or that she knows how to read/write so she can still communicate with people, and ofc, there's some that go the extra mile to learn her own language, like Oushi, his sister, Itsuomi, Madoka and her mother (tho that's probably because Madoka also lost her hearing)

i remember reading the author saying something about how this anime would touch the heart of many people, and i can say for sure it did that for me, thanks Morishita sensei
in that note, i hope to see other works from him being adapted tbh, if they all are as good as this one

anyway, one of my favorite anime this season, an easy 9/10 (maybe even 10/10 lol), i'd love to watch more
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 24, 11:29 AM
Nov 2022
Itsuomi is too much for Yuuki, personally I think he deserves someone better xd.
Mar 24, 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
Fluffy and cute show. I'm very happy this didn't focus on painful love triangles with unresolved drama for ages!

@LuisSV23
Itsuomi is too much for Yuuki, personally I think he deserves someone better xd.
That's not how love works, bruh.
Mar 24, 2:36 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Fluffy and cute show. I'm very happy this didn't focus on painful love triangles with unresolved drama for ages!

@LuisSV23
That's not how love works, bruh.
@Sigmar-Unberogen
Yeah, i know xd
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

126 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 7:24 AM

» About OST

demonaman293 - May 1

1 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
May 1, 4:30 PM

» SEASON 2???!!

kisaragi_eki - Apr 9

18 by Vicky9anime »»
May 1, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

116 by bucciest »»
Apr 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Yubisaki to Renren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Phloup - Dec 31, 2023

337 by Phixiately »»
Apr 29, 6:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.