Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
The finale was alright, more of remembering what everyone experienced since they've met.

There's lots of flashbacks and memories that united them together. Feels like a good wrap up even if it's very predictable. That bird is still an attention seeker in the finale lol. Overall, a fun chill show that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Mar 22, 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
Janta is broken, Chonbo is seemingly dead, what is there to do left with the mahjong parlor?

Janta is inevitably broken, and nothing the girls did solved the problem. So then, time to flip out the instruction manual, while Riche is being woken, with her marked cat whiskers still on her face, in the face of a serious problem where the belts are worn out, nothing much they can do. Still though, they can't help but laugh at her face, which Riche only realized after the fact. But the days thereafter were mundane as they await Janta's fix at the relentless request of Pai, and they could only communicate through online mahjong, while settling to play manually, which is quite different from playing automatically. That means more hanging out with each other in real life and going back to the same old rhetoric as before. The repair is expensive, but it has to be done regardless with some help, which Nashiko is taking charge of. And sure enough, the repair came be done, but a 20,000 yen cost, everyone can foot the bill since the parlor beings to each and every one of them.

Nashiko bringing in the experienced technicians for the repair, and it looks to be a technical problem with the sensor, though they don't have the part ready for replacement. At the very least, their anguish only will last for a few days more, and with the repairs along with the inspection check, Janta's repair is finally done, and the girls can get back to business.

An alright CGDCT though, just meandering on the mediocre to decent side.
KANLen09Mar 22, 1:25 PM
Mar 22, 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
Well it took the girls a while before the finally fixed the machine but it seems everything worked out in the end.
Anime was ok it was nice seeing the girls having a good time playing the game.
Mar 22, 12:39 PM

Mar 2021
A nice finale episode with the girls managing to get Janta fixed and Nashiko reminiscing about all the fun they had together. I really enjoyed watching this show it was so chill and I would love to see this get a second season and be able to see more of best girl Haneru.
Reecey91Mar 22, 12:44 PM
Mar 22, 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with fixing the electronic Mahjong table and meeting a potential new friend.

This was definitely the most low-key show I watched this season, maybe due to its fansub nature as afaik this show wasn't picked up by any official streaming site. Maybe because of its fairly esoteric subject matter, for which I honestly didn't watch it. I knew next to nothing about Mahjong going into this and to tell the truth I probably still know next to nothing going out of it. But I watched this as a relaxing cgdct show. And in that regard I liked it fine. I liked all the girls, though my favorite by far was Izumi. I liked the non-Mahjong related shenanigans they got into, or the ones only minorly related anyway. I liked it, but I'd have probably gotten more out of it if anything other than Mahjong had been the main focus. Still, I'll give it a slightly generous 6/10. Maybe the girls could start a band or go hiking for season 2. I'd like that better lol.

Oh, and the op was catchy as fuck.
Mar 22, 2:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And here I thought there would be some magic reasoning that caused the automatic table to stop working, especially with Chonbo being mysteriously unconscious and no one noticed, and he even faked us out with that disappearing BS, but no the table was actually just broken and they had to have repair guys come fix it lol. But honestly I like it better this way, it’s very realistic, the heroes here weren’t the girls or the power of friendship, but repairmen doing their job, they were nice and very professional too, it was heartwarming seeing the girls’ reactions to their table finally working again after going a little while without it, it’s actually kinda interesting how they reacted to it with things still being fun, but something was missing. It also made Nashiko reminisce about the times they’ve had with the table and at the parlor, that’s another relatable thing where something inanimate like the building you hang out in or the things you do with friends can hold so much meaning. But thankfully the girls were able to play with the table again, and we even got teased with a new girl at the end, so perhaps this isn’t the end of mahjong fun with the girls, a good place to end at for now tho.

And now there is no more, this is where our cute and fun mahjong journey ends. This show was a lot of fun, I didn’t know anything about mahjong going in and although the show didn’t really teach it to me, it did get me interested in learning on my own and I gotta say it is a pretty fun game. And I’ll say there were points where I was a little disappointed this show didn’t focus much on mahjong, but over time I grew to really appreciate even the times they weren’t playing mahjong or doing mahjong related activities, I would argue the show was more interesting this way, that and I grew to like the girls so much that I didn’t care what they were doing, I was enjoying myself either way lol. And speaking of the girls, I really liked them all but if I had to pick a best girl I think I’m gonna go with Nashiko, I liked her a lot from the beginning and she never got overtaken for me, I’d love to chill and play some mahjong with her or any of the girls really.

And of course I can’t end this review without mentioning the absolute bop that is that OP, so damn catchy and a great jam, cute visuals of course too. And that ED was a great one too, I’ve been missing halca in my anime in recent times so it’s always nice to hear her. And with that, I now hope we get a season 2, the ending of this episode leaves me hopeful, and I also hope this gets officially licensed so I can own it on Bluray lol, I just gotta have more good times with Nashiko, Pai, Izumi, Riche and Haneru!
Mar 22, 3:48 PM

Aug 2022
In this way, from now on their daily life is over.

After a serious problem because the mahjong machine was broken, now they don't need to worry anymore because the machine can be used again.

Sleepovers, going to the beach, Christmas and New Year, that's all they've done together. And that way, they will definitely stay together forever in that place.
Mar 22, 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
A magnificent slice of life with its own indescribable atmosphere, and the jokes didn’t disappoint. There are really no instructions for the game, but the authors immediately showed that there is no need to wait for it. But here there is a good parody of some clichés of the genre.
Mar 22, 5:41 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a good series which could be very good. Had enough fun, courtesy of the five girls, who incarnate cuteness. Not expecting further seasons.
leonardobarbaMar 22, 5:48 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 22, 10:42 PM
May 2023
"The end...?" Honestly would like a season 2! That girl at the end was super cute haha. Overall pretty enjoyable, I liked all the characters though I wish they had more depth. Very cute!
Mar 23, 5:55 AM

Aug 2017
I understand wanting to repair Janta, but in the meantime they could've used the other tables...attachtment too strong.

Despite not understanding anything about Mahjong I still had an enjoyable time watching this, it was very comfy to watch on Fridays. I'll miss the cast, especially Rishe. Doubt it'll will get a second season since it's an anime orginal but a tiny bit of hope after seeing the end.
Mar 23, 8:53 AM

Mar 2019
Expected some sports but got CGDCT instead. Ain't gonna complain about this. In fact, this was enjoyable.
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Apr 2023
Well, it's over, but Pon no Michi caught my attention to consider Mahjong as another game option to learn. Maybe in the future...

It also served to put Onomichi on my map. I enjoyed the girls' outings and when I win the lottery and travel to Japan, I will definitely visit Onomichi (and take a photo in front of the cafe✌😁✌).

To conclude, it was a relaxing anime, I loved the sweetness and good vibe of the girls, and the design inherited from the creators of 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ guaranteed the girls' cuteness. I was already resigned to it being a one-season anime, but what was that hint of a cliffhanger showing a new character (how cute!) at the very end? Anyway, I gave it a biased 8/10 if this is a way to encourage producers to make a new season. Who knows, maybe in the future we will meet again to have fun with these sweet girls.🤗
Shaka-bunMar 24, 11:06 AM
Mar 24, 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
Chonbo's prank about disappearing was super cruel, this show was pretty chill and enjoyable with lots of cute girls, I was worried it would be too technical but it wasn't so much a show about Mahjong but more of a show themed around Mahjong which is good for people like me who know nothing about the game but no idea if it was bad for fans of it. They introduced a much younger girls and was a bit of a tease with that "?" at the end, I''m all in for more of this show.
Mar 24, 2:35 PM
Nov 2022
It's over, the anime that for no reason beyond the character design I gave it a chance and even now, I still don't understand anything about the majhong xddddd.

Now, I think it's very cursed that there was a drama around the table, but of course, what more could you ask for in this anime? bruh.

The end of the episode left me confused, does it give rise to a continuation? ._.

I know it has nothing to do with the plot or anything similar, but:
Nashiko>>Pai>Riche>>>>>>>Izumi>>>>>Haneru 🚬
Mar 25, 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
tbh i was asking myself the whole episode if it really was that much of a big deal that that table didn't work when they had more lol i mean even her father said the same...

tho i guess they somehow like that table they used till now and prefered to use it
that coupled with the busy exam season, made them unable to spend as much time playing mahjong, but they still played online or spent time together traveling around, which is probably more fun than mahjong lol

with the table repaired and how happy they are they found a good place to play togehter, the anime is finally done, but not before we meet a new girl, i wonder if she is someone they know from school or something, or if they actually decided to open the parlor again lol

either way, this was a surprisingly fun anime, one that i probably wouldn't have picked if i didn't watch everything this season, but doesn't change the fact i liked it

7/10, i'd watch more, the girls are fun to watch, even if i couldnt care less about the game itself since i never learned it (i even downloaded the online game they played but gave up after a bit lol)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 26, 2:01 AM

Oct 2017
Finale started with a sad vibe but ultimately ended on a happy note with the comeback of Janta kun and I'm glad Chonbo's fine too. New character introduced at the end, possible season 2? I hope so.

Enjoyed the anime, was a fun CGDCT for me. Haruba Negi's character designs made me love the girls even more.
Mar 26, 10:28 AM

Jan 2017
Nashiko with her money problems making Jenta's repair took way longer than it should lmfao.

Nice end to this whole Mahjong thingy (even though I still understood shit about its gameplay) but with a sudden character reveal at the end, huh...?
Mar 27, 8:34 PM

Feb 2015
Cute end to a cute anime. Loved everyone's expressions, especially Nashiko's. Who's this new girl? Maybe someday we'll find out!

How much Mahjong was actually played in this show, anyway?

I could really feel the friendship between the girls this episode. Their mutual sadness at Janta being broken, the way they all laughed at Riche's whiskers and all celebrated when they decided to fix him. What a great group of friends they've become.
Mar 29, 9:34 AM
Sep 2016
Question: How popular is this in Japan? It doesn't matter whether it flops internationally, if it's popular enough in Japan, the hope for a season 2 is always there.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 1, 10:43 AM
Apr 2013
EP 12

I'll be honest, i kinda forgor. oops
So last time the table broke, oh nyoh

Looks like no op this time

So anyway yeah. a very quiet ep.
I mean most of the eps were similar but a bit different

As for the whole anime. I'm not actually sure what to say.
Every episode was kinda like this and that, we had like maybe a few interesting eps here and there in the first half, but by the second half it was kinda just like filler and filler eps.
Apr 1, 1:52 PM
Feb 2015
Janta being down felt a bit overdramatic but overall was nice seeing the girls have fun again, overall just a bunch of fun with no serious underlying plot and a series that encapsulates the CGDCT genre mixing in mahjong
at first I thought perhaps this series was gonna have these girls enter a serious tournament or something given the name but that didn't happen which I'm somewhat thankful for ahahaah
will miss this series, I think it was in my top 3 this season because my favourite kinda shows are just the ones where you have fun watching

wonder if they'll continue this tho considering the random mystery girl is voiced by Reina Ueda after all 👀
Apr 1, 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
anime usually starts with stories like this one but not this one
table is broken -- we cant fix it -- long face -- called repair brigade -- ponpopoponpoponpopopon
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Nov 2023
An average CGDCT anime with an okay ending.
Apr 7, 1:22 AM

Feb 2021
In the end, they can play Mahjong again after calling for a service.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 19, 2:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice ending they repaired the table in the end, and that new character teasing at the end hm, looks like we could get a S2? I wouldn't mind at all to be honest!
Apr 28, 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
I don´t remember ever watching a CGDCT where we have girls looking more mature, this was a pleasant surprise for me and I see I prefer it this way.

Enjoyable first half.
Episode 8, 9 and 10 were specially boring compared to the others. I still wonder why most of times episodes 8, 9 and 10 are the most uninteresting and/or boring ones, specially in animes like this one.
Episodes 11 and 12 were good.

I was about to give this anime 6/10, but I confess the last 2 episodes pleased me more than I expected xD

I would rate 6.5/10 if possible.

Essentially, it´s a nice CGDCT.

---

By the way, I really do recommend watching SAKI for those who are interest in mahjong. Saki is an amazing/super enjoyable anime.
TechOtakuApr 28, 7:13 PM
May 10, 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
I don't play MahJong but I enjoyed this chill series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26

26 by luinthoron »»
May 1, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15

15 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8

18 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1

19 by Ashhk »»
Apr 19, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Pon no Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

17 by Ashhk »»
Apr 17, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.