Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 3:45 PM

May 2022
Kind of an useless thread i know. However, there isn't a week that passes without me rewatching the trailer and being blown away by its sheer epicness. When can we hope for more informations to be shared? God i like Demon Slayer but i also hate it so much.

Mar 19, 4:18 PM
Nov 2020
yes. Still anticipated for this movie from Nasu Verse made by the Unlimited Budget works studio.
Mar 19, 4:26 PM
May 2022
Rahat_Dpi said:
yes. Still anticipated for this movie from Nasu Verse made by the Unlimited Budget works studio.

Mazur? Isn't that the same from Fate?
Mar 19, 4:40 PM

May 2022
Reply to Dan_ALves
Rahat_Dpi said:

@Dan_ALves I think you meant Nasu and not Mazur but yes this movie is from the game Mahoyo (Mahoutsukai No Yoru or Witch on the Holy Night) which share the same universe as fate series.
Mar 19, 4:42 PM

Feb 2020
Dan_ALves said:
Rahat_Dpi said:

This is set in the same multiverse as Fate. Same magic system, same organizations, some side characters in common, etc.

Regardless of that though, it's a phenomenal story, better than Fate/Stay Night imo, though the adaptation might butcher it.
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Mar 19, 5:12 PM

May 2022
Reply to Spheromancer
Dan_ALves said:
Rahat_Dpi said:

This is set in the same multiverse as Fate. Same magic system, same organizations, some side characters in common, etc.

Regardless of that though, it's a phenomenal story, better than Fate/Stay Night imo, though the adaptation might butcher it.
@Spheromancer We must be faithfull in the movie(s). Already read through the vn 3 times and i'm dreading for an adaptation. Can't wait for best boy Shizuki and best girl Aoko
Mar 19, 5:16 PM

Feb 2020
I'm fine either way, since I don't think its possible for this adaptation to improve any element of the original VN even if it's a perfect anime.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Mar 19, 6:28 PM
May 2022
Reply to Spheromancer
Dan_ALves said:
Rahat_Dpi said:

@Spheromancer You´re filled with excitement, I see. Ufotable is one the best studios and yet you think they´ll butcher the adaption.

PS: Gintoki over there, I see you have great taste.
Mar 19, 6:29 PM
May 2022
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@Dan_ALves I think you meant Nasu and not Mazur but yes this movie is from the game Mahoyo (Mahoutsukai No Yoru or Witch on the Holy Night) which share the same universe as fate series.
@trinitroglycerin Yes, clearly my phone likes other words than the ones I actually type.
Mar 19, 8:24 PM

Jan 2021
Expect new info around August, I suppose. That's the next F/Go anniversary, and they often announce related projects on the same event.

And a December release this year looks likely, given most of the film should be set around that time.
Mar 20, 1:25 AM

Jul 2021
Dan_ALves said:
@Spheromancer You´re filled with excitement, I see. Ufotable is one the best studios and yet you think they´ll butcher the adaption.

Have you heard of a certain anime called Fate/stay night? god ufotable is so overrated
Mar 20, 1:27 AM

Jul 2021
I’m excited for this movie as well, no matter how bad the adaptation is. I hope it comes to theathres in my country, I want to see this story animated, I love mahoyo
Mar 20, 2:16 AM

Feb 2020
Dan_ALves said:

Ufotable is fine, but I care more about story than animation and their track record in that is far from perfect.

Regardless my comment was about how I don't think anyone can make an adaptation with enough value for me to watch, because it'll inevitably cut a lot of it and, more than that, the visuals, music and voice acting are already phenomenal, so the anime won't even have that over the VN (unlike other adaptations).

Of course I'm happy it's going to be a thing, the more people that experience this story the better, I just don't think it'll be worth my time.
SpheromancerMar 20, 7:21 AM
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Mar 20, 2:56 AM
Aug 2021
I’m not expecting a perfect adaptation but I hope they don’t just completely skip over the whole slice of life part of the visual novel, without that I wouldn’t like any of the characters anywhere near as much as I do with it. But I’m still excited to see some amazing animation, which is the bare minimum of what I’m expecting from ufotable.
Mar 20, 5:42 AM
May 2022
Reply to renz330
Dan_ALves said:

Have you heard of a certain anime called Fate/stay night? god ufotable is so overrated
@renz330 I have, I´ve seen it and I loved it.
Mar 20, 9:13 AM

Oct 2022
Well Ufotable doesn't adapt inner monologues and you're not going to get the narrative you get in the vn either. It's also unlikely they add much in the way of extra chapters if any at all since if we read into the trailer more than we should at this point it looks like it will be 2 movies.

Personally I'll appreciate it for what it's likely going to be, which will be a beautifully animated supplement for people who have already read the vn or maybe work vice versa and get someone who watches the movies interested enough to read the vn for the full scope.

The vn is already pretty cinematic but the kitsy land scene as a whole is going to look amazing done by ufotable without a doubt. I also think so far it seems their managing to capture the the atmosphere/vibe.

Also to answer the question, it's definitely not coming out before fall/winter. Specifically id wager sometime in December if it's this year or maybe January next.
Mar 31, 1:16 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Spheromancer
Dan_ALves said:
Rahat_Dpi said:

@Spheromancer same universe as Fate? I thought Mahoyo had the same universe as Tsukihime, and they're mutually exclusive with Fate
Mar 31, 1:39 PM

Feb 2020
Marmotzel said:
@Spheromancer same universe as Fate? I thought Mahoyo had the same universe as Tsukihime, and they're mutually exclusive with Fate

I said multiverse, not universe. You're correct in saying that Mahoyo and Tsukihime Remake are in the exact same world.

Regardless, a version of Mahoyo's events did happen before the events of Fate just with minor differences from the Mahoyo VN, like the year it happened and a few other things.
Rest in Piece, Miura.

Apr 12, 12:42 AM
Sep 2023
Yes, hyped since december. I don't see it arriving on the first half, if it's coming this year I would say on december, but the less the better. I don't remember any updates of the progress scheduled, but lets hope at least have some info on december, I really want to see this adapted, the trailer is magic on those particular characters.
Apr 12, 1:06 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Marmotzel
@Marmotzel kinda, remember that the type moon franchise it's all related, so the concept of the universe of fate is more like a multiverse, on wich are a lot of magic plots. Mahoyo happens on other part of japan and other year (that was my try of not spoil anything), so it does not affect the fate (and also is related to tsukihime bc of "that" character).

The existance of the apostols make the fate's world different to the tsukihime's, but the Nasuverse holds the same concept of magic (but really, same concepts, organizations, etc), so the multiverse on wich Fate, Tsukihime, Kara no kyoukai and Mahoyo develop their storites has the same building blocks of magic (although not every one touches another directly) and more but those are the mains, the problem is that the explanation of most of the concepts of magic are just on Mahoyo, that's why this movie will make history for type-moon and Nasu. Feel free to tell me what do you think of that, if there's some mistake let me know
Apr 17, 2:34 PM

Jan 2021
I'm betting it'll be this year because FGO is already trying to profit off it.
Apr 18, 3:36 AM

May 2022
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Ionliosite2 IKr? Gave me much more hope.
Apr 23, 1:24 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Ionliosite2 It could be also to make fgo players watch the movie when it came, but still lends to think that could be this year, I suppose that december will be the best month (the steam version got release on december and come on, it's mahoyo, december would be perfect)
Apr 24, 5:04 AM

May 2022
Reply to Blueckot
@Ionliosite2 It could be also to make fgo players watch the movie when it came, but still lends to think that could be this year, I suppose that december will be the best month (the steam version got release on december and come on, it's mahoyo, december would be perfect)
@Blueckot Ofc. Holy night and all that
Apr 25, 7:45 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@Blueckot Ofc. Holy night and all that
@trinitroglycerin well, yes, but furthermore because most of the story happens on december, it starts on the last days of november and it ends on first days of january (as far as I can remember)
Apr 26, 2:58 AM

May 2022
Reply to Blueckot
@trinitroglycerin well, yes, but furthermore because most of the story happens on december, it starts on the last days of november and it ends on first days of january (as far as I can remember)
@Blueckot yeah i played it

More topics from this board

» VOICE ACTOR!

StevieRara - Feb 3

6 by Zero01guard »»
Feb 15, 12:37 AM

» WHERE IS IT ( 1 2 )

IcyAvalanche - Nov 26, 2023

56 by Naveen6662246 »»
Jan 28, 5:24 AM

» (Finally) new trailer ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Dec 31, 2023

86 by Blueckot »»
Jan 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » On a spectrum from Fate to Kara no Kyoukai, where would this lie?

removed-user - Jan 1

12 by trinitroglycerin »»
Jan 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » How many movies to adapt Mahoyo?

Xarvon - Jan 6, 2022

22 by Syrian187 »»
Jan 4, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.