Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
Aug 2023
I'm not saying that the pacing is bad but It feels unusually slower for me then when I read the Manhwa, One week we get a episode with fast paced action along with development of the story and then the next it turns into just normal conversations which don't seem to end fast enough

Idk if it Is because I feel that 12 episodes are not enough for one season or because I'm consuming it in a weekly format but What are your thoughts on the pacing
Kaitaka12Mar 18, 11:06 AM
Mar 18, 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
wut the pacing is so fast i feel like they are adapting 3-4 chapters per anime episode and usually any anime episode adapts 2 manga weekly chapters

the first cour will end around chapter 40 and divided by 12 episodes that is around 3 chapters per episode adapted
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Jul 2019
Probably the weekly episode format. A lot of people who've read the manhwa usually binged it, making it seem much more fast paced than it actually is. Couple that with the fact that you can adjust your own pace when reading. So when you jump from that to weekly episodes with static pacing then it becomes quite jarring.
Subarashii
Mar 18, 11:06 AM
May 2022
For me the pacing is completely fine, especially after the first few episodes. We are getting great fight scenes and serious stuff and the more chill stuff with a good balance, nothing feels rushed and I don't feel bored. Great pacing imo
Mar 18, 11:12 AM
Jun 2023
deg said:
wut the pacing is so fast i feel like they are adapting 3-4 chapters per anime episode and usually any anime episode adapts 2 manga weekly chapters

the first cour will end around chapter 40 and divided by 12 episodes that is around 3 chapters per episode adapted

We have another cour? Is it confirmed and when are we gonna get it?
Mar 18, 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Kidzuna
deg said:

We have another cour? Is it confirmed and when are we gonna get it?
@Kidzuna not confirmed but a reliable leaker said its split cour before the anime even airs
Mar 18, 11:19 AM
Jan 2022
Einstein determined that pacing is relative. The rate at which time passes depends on one's frame of reference.
Mar 18, 11:57 AM
Aug 2022
attention span is decreasing brother
Mar 18, 12:13 PM
Jun 2023
Just wait a while for at least 2 episodes to drop and watch them both one after another, Highly adviced for the last 2 episodes so that you can enjoy the ending
Mar 18, 12:18 PM
Aug 2023
Avicebrons said:
Probably the weekly episode format. A lot of people who've read the manhwa usually binged it, making it seem much more fast paced than it actually is. Couple that with the fact that you can adjust your own pace when reading. So when you jump from that to weekly episodes with static pacing then it becomes quite jarring.

You're probably right, I finished the manhwa in less than 2 days to see what all the hype was about and skimmed through all the boring parts but now watching them and having to wait for a week feels like a chore
Mar 18, 12:18 PM

Apr 2021
I don't really see it. I think the pacing is good so far.
Mar 18, 12:20 PM
Aug 2023
Tanslay said:

I watch slice of life anime a lot so I should be immune to boring stuff😭 but the manhwa got me all hyped for the adaptation that I want every episode to be a banger
Mar 18, 1:33 PM
Oct 2020
Kaitaka12 said:
I'm not saying that the pacing is bad but It feels unusually slower for me then when I read the Manhwa, One week we get a episode with fast paced action along with development of the story and then the next it turns into just normal conversations which don't seem to end fast enough

Idk if it Is because I feel that 12 episodes are not enough for one season or because I'm consuming it in a weekly format but What are your thoughts on the pacing

It’s because when you read it you were able to click “next chapter” as much as you wanted. There are so many cliffhangers that it’s addictive and before you know it you read 40-50 chapters in a sitting.

It’s true the anime has added some original scenes so it’s slightly slower, but not by much.

Going back and binging the show when it’s done will give you the same feeling
Mar 18, 3:33 PM
Aug 2019
Because it’s a show, and it’s released one 20 min episode per week over 13 weeks (one recap).

Unfortunate reality is, if you want the experience to be better, you gotta wait for it to finish airing and marathon
Mar 18, 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know what it is about this show, but watching it week to week really sucks, and that doesn't usually bother me.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 18, 4:14 PM

Nov 2007
Action series are usually unpleasant to watch weekly, since there isn't enough story to keep you invested and you just want to go through it. They're best waited on and watched when you can binge.

Personally I appreciated last week's talking since I've been bingeing and things are happening too fast imho.
Mar 18, 6:42 PM
Mar 2023
Because it's slow.
Mar 18, 7:38 PM
Oct 2022
deg said:

I don't know. I thought it felt slow too. maybe the web novel chapters don't hold as much content as manga chapters for other shows? So even a faster than normal chapter per episode rate feels slow?

I'm anime only if that factors in. maybe we feel one way, but readers feel different?
Mar 18, 9:05 PM
Jun 2016
The anime introduces a lot of characters early on. it feels slower paced compared to the manhwa because it is. there's a lot of side stories in between main scenes that is original. it'd most likely pick up the pace in the later season
Mar 18, 9:52 PM
Apr 2017
The anime feels soulless, if you know what I mean. I've read the source material, and I can say that anime is just as bad as the manhwa was. I thought that the anime would fix some of the original problems, but it turned it around and somehow turned it worse. It's not only the pace that feels "weird" it's the whole anime that doesn't know what it is trying to say. It does a really bad job at explaining how the world works, fails to make the characters relatable and their relationships don't matter at all. All deaths to this point (episode 11) were trying really hard to make us care about them, but the characters themselves lacked screen time. The healer said she was going to retire, and Jin-Woo stood there saying "Alright". I can't immerse myself into the world, it's not believable, it's not relatable it's not good. Even as a generic manhwa adaption I don't find myself enjoying this anime, I had a much better time reading the NV and Manhwa. Something needs to change.
Mar 19, 12:00 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to LucenProject
deg said:

I don't know. I thought it felt slow too. maybe the web novel chapters don't hold as much content as manga chapters for other shows? So even a faster than normal chapter per episode rate feels slow?

I'm anime only if that factors in. maybe we feel one way, but readers feel different?
@LucenProject people forget that it's a webtoon. One chapter of a webtoon is completely different content and structure wise than a manga. It's bound to feel different as an anime compared to others.
Mar 19, 12:30 AM

Jun 2015
That's because you can't appreciate a good story. Those "slow" episodes are the MOST important part of any show. If you want non-stop action with no story then go watch God of High School.
Read Toriko!
Mar 19, 12:39 AM
Jun 2019
If the pacing of this anime is slow, then MHA season 6 is a 100 years journey
Mar 19, 2:28 AM
Aug 2023
phantom346 said:
That's because you can't appreciate a good story. Those "slow" episodes are the MOST important part of any show. If you want non-stop action with no story then go watch God of High School.

When did I say the story is bad? Slow episode are important set up for people who haven't read it before, but for most manhwa/webtoon readers it feels entirely off
Kaitaka12Mar 19, 2:31 AM
Mar 19, 3:45 AM
Jul 2021
i think it’s a manhwa problem tbh. There were strings of multiple chapters where nothing happened and the anime can’t really change that.
Mar 19, 5:15 AM
Oct 2022
phantom346 said:

"Slowness" associated with a lack of action is different from "slowness" of story progression. Them being mentioned together by OP kind of makes it feel like one causes the other, but I don't believe that to be the case. A show with relatively little action can still give a sense of significant story progress.

Slower episodes (in terms of less action) are, as you say, an important part of a story. They often act as a pallet cleanser between times of intense action so that the action doesn't blur together and to make the peaks of the action feel higher. However, they can still be completed in ways that allow progression to feel significant. In fact, in many cases, MORE story progress is made in those times than in times of action.

I'm anime only, but from what I've been watching about cut content, it seems the adaptation has reordered the introduction of things such that later characters appear and start to establish themselves earlier. If that's true, perhaps their introductions feel as though they are taking time that could have been used for more significant progress. While their intro may pay off in later seasons, if they ultimately do nothing in this season, it may slower due to that.

I once saw a movie called the Golden Compass. I'm sure it was bad for a host of reasons, but one that stuck out strongly was the introduction of useless characters. Useless in the senelse that they did nothing for the story of this movie, but felt like the movie spent its run time setting up the sequel characters rather than trying to be a good enough movie to warrant a sequel... it didn't get one.
LucenProjectMar 19, 5:21 AM
Mar 19, 6:12 AM
Sep 2023
eiilos98 said:
The anime feels soulless, if you know what I mean. I've read the source material, and I can say that anime is just as bad as the manhwa was. I thought that the anime would fix some of the original problems, but it turned it around and somehow turned it worse. It's not only the pace that feels "weird" it's the whole anime that doesn't know what it is trying to say. It does a really bad job at explaining how the world works, fails to make the characters relatable and their relationships don't matter at all. All deaths to this point (episode 11) were trying really hard to make us care about them, but the characters themselves lacked screen time. The healer said she was going to retire, and Jin-Woo stood there saying "Alright". I can't immerse myself into the world, it's not believable, it's not relatable it's not good. Even as a generic manhwa adaption I don't find myself enjoying this anime, I had a much better time reading the NV and Manhwa. Something needs to change.

simple solution: stop watching the anime
Mar 19, 6:13 AM
Apr 2017
Nah, I won't. I must finish this mediocre show.
Mar 19, 9:38 AM
Aug 2023
I haven't read the manwha, but normally, they would drag stuff on longer in the anime, and I heard we got introduced to characters that we would normally see later in the manwha
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Jul 2021
As an anime-only, I think the pacing is just okay; not too fast, not too slow.

The problem is depth and direction, not speed or pacing. There's so little going on in this anime in terms of character, drama and atmosphere that when they're doing anything other than driving the story forward and staging big fights, it immediately feels like the anime is sitting on its hands and stalling for time.

It's actually fascinating how the anime is commanding such strong hype (and hate) with so little meat on its bones, and it's the main reason I'm watching.
Mar 19, 5:15 PM
Dec 2023
can you guys tell me what's the difference between manhwa and manga
it's so confusing
Mar 19, 10:13 PM
Jul 2022
I don't think it's slow at all, if anything it's borderline thing of the week because they're cramming so many chapters in.

However, I will say this most recent episode felt like it had barely any content at all.
Mar 19, 11:47 PM
Jun 2023
PrabhashRao_28 said:
can you guys tell me what's the difference between manhwa and manga
it's so confusing

Manga is from Japan, often printed in grayscale and read from right to left. Manhwa is South Korean, available in colour, and read from left to right.

Basically manhwa are the comics made in South Korea and Manga are the comics made in Japan
Mar 20, 8:34 AM
Dec 2021
I'd argue it doesn't. And also, a slow pace isn't a bad thing.
Mar 20, 10:27 AM
Sep 2023
Season's longer than 12 episodes from what i heard. I think it's split into 2 parts with the second part coming out later this year
Mar 20, 10:56 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to Kaitaka12
Tanslay said:

I watch slice of life anime a lot so I should be immune to boring stuff😭 but the manhwa got me all hyped for the adaptation that I want every episode to be a banger
according to me every ep so far has been of banger quality
Mar 21, 9:12 AM
Mar 2021
its because jjks2 it was way faster ,soo u feel slow in this . its actually good for everyone and me
Anime Rules the world
Mar 21, 9:14 AM
Mar 2021
Liam19 said:
Season's longer than 12 episodes from what i heard. I think it's split into 2 parts with the second part coming out later this year

how do know tht,any leaks .if it is coming than its awesome 👍👌
Anime Rules the world
Mar 21, 9:26 AM

Apr 2020
Does it?

It's fast as hell.
Look at these huge jumps, just in terms of power level, made literally between two Episodes, sometimes.
Mar 21, 7:06 PM
Jul 2022
eiilos98 said:

u have quite the opinion of a show that u say u hate... lots of criticism.. however, I completely disagree with your take on this show.. you mentioned u have an issue with the "world building" and how it wasn't done well .. but tbh, knowing more about the world is really not necessary to moving the story along... this show is about the MC's leveling up .. knowing any more about the world itself is unnecessary and would only take AWAY from the main point of the story given that there are only 12 episodes in this season...u think the pacing is bad NOW?? try adding unnecessary episodes about why the world is the way it is! we know enough about the world to understand what going on and how everything works...u also mentioned u have a problem with the characters and their motivations... it was made VERY clear from the beginning why the MC decided to become a hunter and REMAINED a hunter despite his extremely low rank.. the fact that his old teammate decided to retire and all he said was alright is a problem for u because?? what was he supposed to do?? cry?? get angry?? they were together in that first raid that turned into a hellish nightmare.. he knows that nearly broke her.. so why would he argue about her retirement? I feel that whole exchange between them showed his true understanding of someone he called a teammate... not lack of emotion... but acceptance of her decision... again.. this season has only 12 episodes.. one of the main things I like about this show is so far, there haven't been any filler... every episode u learn more and it leaves u WANTING more .. if u hate it so much, why are u watching it??
Mar 21, 7:18 PM
Apr 2017
That is the whole point, if nothing else matters besides the main character so why bother? The world building doesn't state that you must start at the whole world itself, you have to start with the city the mc is in. I suppose it's Seoul, but we don't get names, locations or directions. You said that the world isn't important, wait until you find out about the National Hunters. Sung Jin-Woo lacks charisma, I mean he's losing charisma, becoming more and more of brick without any porpoise besides looking cool and being extremely op. You said that the anime is about a Hunter getting stronger and I shouldn't expect the secondary characters to be important, but wait: there's this anime and manga with an extremely op mc, but with a great cast of background characters that deepens and enriches the world they're placed in, can you guess the name?
Mar 22, 2:57 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to eiilos98
That is the whole point, if nothing else matters besides the main character so why bother? The world building doesn't state that you must start at the whole world itself, you have to start with the city the mc is in. I suppose it's Seoul, but we don't get names, locations or directions. You said that the world isn't important, wait until you find out about the National Hunters. Sung Jin-Woo lacks charisma, I mean he's losing charisma, becoming more and more of brick without any porpoise besides looking cool and being extremely op. You said that the anime is about a Hunter getting stronger and I shouldn't expect the secondary characters to be important, but wait: there's this anime and manga with an extremely op mc, but with a great cast of background characters that deepens and enriches the world they're placed in, can you guess the name?
@eiilos98 overlord?? Opm??

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

29 by SuperLupinHero »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.