Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 18, 12:02 AM

Aug 2017
I'm a doctor and like Yui Ishikawa. I think she's best as kuudere (2B, Violet Evergarden, Mikasa Ackerman) rather than other roles or singing.

This show worth a watch, or no?
Mar 18, 12:07 AM

Apr 2021
CarbonMD said:
I'm a doctor and like Yui Ishikawa. I think she's best as kuudere (2B, Violet Evergarden, Mikasa Ackerman) rather than other roles or singing.

I have watch all episodes so far and have enjoyed it.

She is skilled and saves lives.

I would suggest it as medical themed anime.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 18, 12:11 AM
Nov 2021
If you like medical themed anime, then it's a solid one. Not going to blow your socks off but it's enjoyable.
Mar 18, 12:21 AM

Jan 2019
If you want to watch something for accuracy, this 100% ain't it. But it's a nice show, to watch just for shiggles.
Mar 18, 1:02 AM
Feb 2021
It is kind of high drama so ott it makes you smile
Mar 18, 1:05 AM
Aug 2022
CarbonMD said:

Yes I would say give it a watch it’s actually a good isekai and pretty unique for an isekai plot. It’s not just she does and gets reincarnated there’s a slight twist,

And there are with some funny moments and lovable characters.

As for the most important part the whole her being a doctor I can’t really know wether or not it’s realistic or not (cause I’m not a doctor obviously) to me there just speaking alien whenever they’re doing something medical related.

I do suggest watching it though.
Mar 18, 2:43 AM
Sep 2023
When I watched the first episode, I didn’t think I’d like it that much – I get excited to watch the new episode every Wednesday. Also, to add to what other people have said about the medical themed anime, I’ll add that there is a pinch of fantasy but it hasn’t been the main focus of the anime *yet* and as I haven’t read the Webtoon, I have no idea if that *thing* I’m thinking about will get addressed or not. I’d say it’s worth giving the first two episodes a try! :)
Mar 18, 4:05 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Pretty unrealistic in regards to actual medicine, physicians and so on, but if that doesn’t bother you and if you like isekai of the female MC that can do no wrong variety, then you’d probably have a decent time with this.
Mar 18, 6:29 AM
Aug 2023
@betaweeb What’s unrealistic about it? I genuinely wanna know I’m not knowledgeable on medicine, surgeries and the like
Mar 18, 7:58 AM
Mar 2022
CarbonMD said:

Well, I'm a doctor too, and I also like Ishikawa san's voice acting.
I scored it merely 7. I liked how it started, but it got a bit boring to me as it continued.
Mar 18, 8:06 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
jpexists said:
@betaweeb What’s unrealistic about it? I genuinely wanna know I’m not knowledgeable on medicine, surgeries and the like

First off, I’m not really that knowledgeable myself, so feel free to take everything I say with a grain of salt, although I have some second hand knowledge, through close surgeon relatives and so on.

There are probably a bunch of unrealistic stuff in the show, from absolutely unbelievable scenarios such as performing perfect surgery with cake knives, having patients that are deemed hopeless saved by basic hygiene and a relatively short period of care, with zero lives lost or any instances of infection (virtually the highest cause of death, in modern day hospitals).

But I think the biggest one for me for sure is Elise’s attitude, “I’ll definitely save you” is an anime line, no actual doctor worth their salt would ever say anything like that, especially regarding people in critical condition, it might sound nice, but it’s actually very irresponsible and completely unprofessional.

That doesn’t mean that the show is bad, or that the author didn’t do their research about the subject, but I think it’s fair to call it unrealistic.
Mar 18, 8:36 AM
Aug 2023
@betaweeb Oh ok yeah I think that’s fair. I find her character to be a bit of a Mary sue also but I still think it’s been a cool 6/10 watch so far
Mar 18, 8:56 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Reply to jpexists
@betaweeb Oh ok yeah I think that’s fair. I find her character to be a bit of a Mary sue also but I still think it’s been a cool 6/10 watch so far
@jpexists yeah it's a fine show. i don't really mind it at all and actually even like this brand of isekai, where instead of the OP chick magnet male MC that has some broken video game BS cheat, we get a super competent/likeable female MC.
Mar 18, 9:30 AM
Aug 2023
@betaweeb True, I’m really liking Apothecary Diaries for that same reason. There’s actually a few competent female characters in it so far and even though there’s a couple incompetent males, not so many that it detracts from it
Mar 18, 10:35 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to Mahtaban
CarbonMD said:

Well, I'm a doctor too, and I also like Ishikawa san's voice acting.
I scored it merely 7. I liked how it started, but it got a bit boring to me as it continued.
@Mahtaban interesting. All right, I'll probably let it finish and might watch it all as a batch. I watch in high speed if I get bored.
Mar 18, 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Nope , don't watch it , it's trash
Mar 18, 12:10 PM
Sep 2021
Just watch first few episodes and drop it if you don't like it. Everyone likes different things. No one can say for certain if you'd like it or not other than you.
Mar 18, 12:40 PM

Apr 2021
betaweeb said:
jpexists said:

First off, I’m not really that knowledgeable myself, so feel free to take everything I say with a grain of salt, although I have some second hand knowledge, through close surgeon relatives and so on.

There are probably a bunch of unrealistic stuff in the show, from absolutely unbelievable scenarios such as performing perfect surgery with cake knives, having patients that are deemed hopeless saved by basic hygiene and a relatively short period of care, with zero lives lost or any instances of infection (virtually the highest cause of death, in modern day hospitals).

But I think the biggest one for me for sure is Elise’s attitude, “I’ll definitely save you” is an anime line, no actual doctor worth their salt would ever say anything like that, especially regarding people in critical condition, it might sound nice, but it’s actually very irresponsible and completely unprofessional.

That doesn’t mean that the show is bad, or that the author didn’t do their research about the subject, but I think it’s fair to call it unrealistic.

Have you watched the show?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 18, 12:40 PM

Apr 2021
MastadoneC4 said:
Nope , don't watch it , it's trash

Mar 18, 1:13 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Reply to ejleon
betaweeb said:
jpexists said:

@ejleon

ummm... yes... i also mentioned specific details from the show in the reply you've quoted.
Mar 18, 1:56 PM
Jun 2021
It's interesting in a medical kind of way. I was quite surprised how in-depth it goes into some topics. However apart from that there is literally nothing interesting about the show. Story, Characters, Art, Soundtrack are mid at best.

if you are interested in surgery it's worth a shot tho.
Mar 18, 2:15 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to betaweeb
@ejleon

ummm... yes... i also mentioned specific details from the show in the reply you've quoted.
@betaweeb

betaweeb said:
There are probably a bunch of unrealistic stuff in the show, from absolutely unbelievable scenarios

That doesn’t sound like someone who has watched the show, your description sounds like you watched the trailer.

They are actually describing and showing medical / surgical procedures.

And you quoted one of the most generic lines that doesn’t really show how she is actually a knowledgable and skilled doctor.

I watched the same show, yet I disagree with your description.

Mar 18, 2:15 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to betaweeb
@ejleon

@betaweeb

betaweeb said:
There are probably a bunch of unrealistic stuff in the show, from absolutely unbelievable scenarios

That doesn’t sound like someone who has watched the show, your description sounds like you watched the trailer.

And you quoted one of the most generic lines that doesn’t really show how she is actually a knowledgable and skilled doctor.

Mar 18, 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
The medical stuff is fairly interesting (for this type of show) but otherwise it's painfully generic, so proceed with caution.
LostSpectreMar 18, 3:56 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 18, 4:53 PM
Apr 2020
The fact that I didn't recognize Yui Ishikawa is insane (I'm also a Yui Ishikawa fan).
The show has nothing to do with Nier or Attack on Titan but it's pretty enjoyable for shoujo fans like me.
Yui Ishikawa does an amazing job as Elise, her voice acting is so cute and charismatic.
Imo it's definitely worth the watch if you like cute shoujo, and it's worth watching if you are a yui Ishikawa fan.
Mar 18, 10:09 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Reply to ejleon
@betaweeb

betaweeb said:

@ejleon

nah, i mentioned a few events that indicate pretty well that i've watched the show, which obviousely i did, i suppose it's possible that everything i mentioned was in the trailer but i highly doubt it. though i can't say for sure because i haven't seen the trailer, as i've only seen the show itself and every episode that aired so far in that.

so what i wrote definitely sounds like it's from someone who has seen the show, whether you disagree with my point is something else and you're entitled to that of course, but as i said, that one line is just something that shows her attitude, which is what i thought was unrealistic, not just the line. yes, the show showcases often how knowledgable and skilled she is, to an unbelievable extent.

there are good things about the show and if you've enjoyed it more than me and thought it was completely believable and realistic in all accounts that's great, but to say it doesn't sound like i've seen it because you disagree, even though i clearly have, is pretty silly.
Mar 19, 12:19 AM

Apr 2021
betaweeb said:
@ejleon

nah, i mentioned a few events that indicate pretty well that i've watched the show, which obviousely i did, i suppose it's possible that everything i mentioned was in the trailer but i highly doubt it. though i can't say for sure because i haven't seen the trailer, as i've only seen the show itself and every episode that aired so far in that.

so what i wrote definitely sounds like it's from someone who has seen the show, whether you disagree with my point is something else and you're entitled to that of course, but as i said, that one line is just something that shows her attitude, which is what i thought was unrealistic, not just the line. yes, the show showcases often how knowledgable and skilled she is, to an unbelievable extent.

there are good things about the show and if you've enjoyed it more than me and thought it was completely believable and realistic in all accounts that's great, but to say it doesn't sound like i've seen it because you disagree, even though i clearly have, is pretty silly.

If you’ve seen every episode so far, then you gave a rather unrealistic review.

I disagree with you because your review doesn’t honestly represent what the show has presented.

Mar 19, 3:41 AM
Jan 2020
I am watching it so far so good for me, some ppl compare them with tearmoon empire. my opinion is better than tearmoon if u watch bed T.E b4
Mar 20, 9:58 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to betaweeb
jpexists said:

betaweeb said:

I just want to say I agree with your points.

Maybe not "unrealistic", exactly, more "dumbed down" and "dramatized." It just feels like the writer had absolutely no background in medicine and read some Wikipedia and WebMD pages to do research. So nothing would be "incorrect," but they'd be just hard to believe and ridiculous.

On OP:

If you watch this as a medical show, you'll be very disappointed.

If you watch this as a medical-themed show, you'll get some mild enjoyment out of it, if you're not bored out of your mind.
Mar 21, 2:31 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to ejleon
betaweeb said:
@ejleon

If you’ve seen every episode so far, then you gave a rather unrealistic review.

I disagree with you because your review doesn’t honestly represent what the show has presented.
@ejleon Are you just arguing because you don't like that they aren't exclusively praising the show? Because that's what it sounds like. Why are you so defensive about it? It's not your child.

I've watched 9 episodes so far (so not entirely caught up yet, but alas) and their comment explained the show's issues pretty well – I'm used to medical inaccuracies and "miracles" in medical shows, 99% of them have them so this is hardly an outlier, but this show goes out of its way to create ridiculous scenarios for her to "solve" to show off her medical sainthood, actual science be damned.

Just like the person you are arguing against, Elise's constant reassurances that she WILL 100% save any patient (and yes, she says it to basically every patient/their relatives that she encounters) have rubbed me the wrong way quite a bit, it's supposed to be hopeful but just comes across as unprofessional to anyone who actually works in the medical field. Stop saying that, you can't guarantee that, is what I wish I could tell her.

So, to answer the actual question of this thread:
It's quite enjoyable, the premise is unique and it's nice to have a competent female lead. Her double-isekai situation is actually relevant to the plot and not just a set-up, and there's quite a bit of romance and political intrigue in there too. It really just comes down to whether you are the type who can turn off their brain when it comes to medical inaccuracies in TV shows with that subject. If not, this will be pure suffering.
Mar 21, 5:28 AM

Dec 2007
Reply to betaweeb
jpexists said:

@betaweeb I want to second this partially, because no surgeries were performed with cave knives, and the procedure that used a table knife was an emergency that could not wait for the right knife to be available.

And also because no one that was deemed hopeless was saved by basic hygiene. the patients in the ward still suffer from hopeless conditions but now simply have better quality of life and best chances of not getting secondary illnesses due to poor hygiene.

But there are a few instances where it might feel unrealistic specially because the anime takes place on a parallel world and technology evolved in a different way and pace. so somethings that in our timeline would only show up later, compared to what it seems to be the depicted era on the show, are already established in this world.

There's also a complete lack of references to anaesthetics in the anime, which at first will make it seem like there's none.
Mar 21, 11:45 AM

Apr 2021
SleepySera said:
@ejleon Are you just arguing because you don't like that they aren't exclusively praising the show? Because that's what it sounds like. Why are you so defensive about it? It's not your child.

I've watched 9 episodes so far (so not entirely caught up yet, but alas) and their comment explained the show's issues pretty well – I'm used to medical inaccuracies and "miracles" in medical shows, 99% of them have them so this is hardly an outlier, but this show goes out of its way to create ridiculous scenarios for her to "solve" to show off her medical sainthood, actual science be damned.

Just like the person you are arguing against, Elise's constant reassurances that she WILL 100% save any patient (and yes, she says it to basically every patient/their relatives that she encounters) have rubbed me the wrong way quite a bit, it's supposed to be hopeful but just comes across as unprofessional to anyone who actually works in the medical field. Stop saying that, you can't guarantee that, is what I wish I could tell her.

So, to answer the actual question of this thread:
It's quite enjoyable, the premise is unique and it's nice to have a competent female lead. Her double-isekai situation is actually relevant to the plot and not just a set-up, and there's quite a bit of romance and political intrigue in there too. It really just comes down to whether you are the type who can turn off their brain when it comes to medical inaccuracies in TV shows with that subject. If not, this will be pure suffering.

No, you don’t pay attention
ejleonMar 21, 11:51 AM

Mar 21, 5:18 PM

Sep 2009
I honestly highly recommend it, though I might be biased since I loved the manhwa, lol. But my parents, who are both doctors (dad’s also a surgeon), watch it with me and they enjoy it very much. My dad even guesses the illness based on the symptoms, etc before it is revealed by Elise and he is correct. xD
He also knows the treatments done, makes it extra enjoyable for us since they can relate to the show.
Mar 21, 8:45 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to mayeesison
I honestly highly recommend it, though I might be biased since I loved the manhwa, lol. But my parents, who are both doctors (dad’s also a surgeon), watch it with me and they enjoy it very much. My dad even guesses the illness based on the symptoms, etc before it is revealed by Elise and he is correct. xD
He also knows the treatments done, makes it extra enjoyable for us since they can relate to the show.
@mayeesison quite an active thread. I may watch the show all at once after some other shows finish such as Bokuyaba, Jaku Chara and Dosanko gal.
May 1, 7:27 PM
Mar 2024
Yes...I just watched it..and I loved it..now I'm reading manhwa to get what happens next .manhwa is so good❤️❤️🔥🔥😍

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 7, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20

46 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 7, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

37 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 7, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

36 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

34 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 6, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.