Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 11:23 PM
Jul 2023
I'm liking this anime a lot (I'm on episode 9), but, when I'm watching sub I feel like I don't really understand what is happening.
Mar 16, 11:33 PM
Nov 2018
That's up to you. If you feel you will understand it better from dub. Go for it.
Mar 16, 11:41 PM
Oct 2021
I’m not one to judge people for watching dub, so if you’ll prefer the anime that way, absolutely go for it!
Mar 16, 11:49 PM

Jan 2016
I personally find Yuuki Aoi is killing with her performance, one of the best voice acting I've seen so far. But if you don't understand much japanese it's quite hard to appreciate it.
And yeah, I agree it can be overwhelming because of how much dialogue there is and the topics are kinda hard to follow
Go for it friend, if you feel it will be better for your experience with this masterpiece
Mar 17, 12:06 AM
Dec 2023
I switched from dub to sub part way through (when I ran out of dubbed episodes). I wouldn't complain about either.
Mar 17, 12:07 AM
Jan 2021
I’m watching it in Dub and I personally prefer the voices of the dub over the sub. I think mao mao sounds more like a younger girl and nerdy in the dub and jinshi expressions are funnier to me. If you don’t mind being 2 episodes behind yk.
Mar 17, 12:22 AM
Dec 2022
Yes, do so. The dub is peak. I started it dub so ofc it's the way for me.
Mar 17, 3:14 AM

Jul 2015
No. All dubs sucks and this one is no different.

Mar 17, 3:43 AM

Apr 2021
Rockyjams909 said:
I'm liking this anime a lot (I'm on episode 9), but, when I'm watching sub I feel like I don't really understand what is happening.

I think the dub doesn’t take away from this anime.

I am watching both all the way through.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 17, 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
I think it's kind of a waste to not use sub when a show has particularly good voice acting performances from the Japanese voice actors, which is the case here.

That being said, if it stops you from enjoying/understanding then dubbed would probably still be a good choice.

Mar 17, 5:04 AM
Dec 2020
yeah the dub is good
Mar 17, 5:13 AM
Dec 2020
Zefyris said:
I think it's kind of a waste to not use sub when a show has particularly good voice acting performances from the Japanese voice actors, which is the case here.

That being said, if it stops you from enjoying/understanding then dubbed would probably still be a good choice.

They also do for English whats your point. maomaos voice fits perfectly in dub
Mar 17, 5:33 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Pillsbury_Uchiha
Zefyris said:

They also do for English whats your point. maomaos voice fits perfectly in dub
@Pillsbury_Uchiha Never said the dub was not good. However, there is good performance, and top level performance. Maomao's Japanese voice actor is in the later category. And I'm not just saying that out of my ass; it's pretty much admitted by everyone following the show in Japanese that this is a stellar performance. And this show is all about Maomao's interactions. Having good voice acting or excellent voice acting for her makes a huge difference in quality and enjoyment when watching.
Mar 17, 5:38 AM
Dec 2020
Zefyris said:
@Pillsbury_Uchiha Never said the dub was not good. However, there is good performance, and top level performance. Maomao's Japanese voice actor is in the later category. And I'm not just saying that out of my ass; it's pretty much admitted by everyone following the show in Japanese that this is a stellar performance. And this show is all about Maomao's interactions. Having good voice acting or excellent voice acting for her makes a huge difference in quality and enjoyment when watching.

both her english and Japanese voices fit her perfectly and thats what matters most
Mar 17, 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Pillsbury_Uchiha
Zefyris said:

both her english and Japanese voices fit her perfectly and thats what matters most
@Pillsbury_Uchiha sure, buddy, let's leave it at that.
Mar 17, 5:43 AM
Dec 2020
Zefyris said:
@Pillsbury_Uchiha sure, buddy, let's leave it at that.

you should go hear it
Mar 17, 6:34 AM

May 2015
Why on earth would you watch some shitty dub over Aoi Yuki?
Mar 17, 7:16 AM
Jun 2021
billybub said:

if someone’s not used to hearing a language, it will be hard to pick up and differentiate tones, inflections, whatever makes some voice actors great. besides, apothecary diaries isn’t the easiest to follow.
we're connected by the black thread of fate, after all
Mar 17, 8:15 AM

Nov 2021
billybub said:

Preferences....
Some might find watching anime in English better as they don't have to continuously look at the subs and then the scene happening.
Especially in this anime cause there are a lot of minute details which connect later on in the anime.
Mar 17, 11:06 AM

Jul 2019
Reply to Piromysl
No. All dubs sucks and this one is no different.
@Piromysl rare Piromysl L, sad sight to see.
Mar 17, 11:12 AM
Feb 2024
I like watching it in dub but that's just me
Mar 17, 9:25 PM

Apr 2022
The dub is excellent (I actually watched the first third dubbed before I ran out of dubbed episodes and switched to subtitled ones). I will say though that the need to pay attention to the show and what’s happening and what’s being said doesn’t go away even with the dub. It’s a show that requires you to pay attention to get the most out of it.

But yeah, the dub is great.
Mar 21, 5:18 AM

Dec 2007
I find that Maomao's voice actor is just perfect for the role. So I think watching dub would really take away from it. but if it's the only way you can watch, then it's the only way.

I have to make a disclaimer though that I'm very much a Dub hater. I don't judge that people prefer to watch it dub, but I never found a dub that wouldn't sound cringe and take away from the original voice over. This might be due to the fact that where I live nothing besides kids shows gets dubbed, so I'm not used to it.
Mar 21, 6:43 PM
Dec 2023
The dub is not as bad as most people think got to watch it before saying anything about it.
Mar 24, 5:29 PM

Aug 2022
The official English dub is surprisingly better than what I expected.

Though if there's a dub I want to rewatch the series with, it would have to be a Chinese Mandarin dub.
Mar 24, 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Dubs are always worse in VA category and changing story meanings to fit western politics, sensitivities etc.
Mar 27, 8:50 PM
Jul 2021
No all dubs are trash
Apr 15, 6:33 PM
Dec 2023
Don't listen to anyone telling you the dub is bad, this show had extremly high production values across the board....and that includes the dubs.

The manga had lots of old English and Norse inspirations, and many of the names are actually German.....so these people (like the little angry person above) telling you this show must be watched in Japanese are starting to sound a bit silly.....
Apr 15, 7:11 PM

Jan 2013
I don't see any reason you would have a better understanding if you watched the dub. I couldn't get past a single episode of the MC VA, myself.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 6, 4:36 PM
Mar 2016
Should I watch this in dub?

If you ever have to ask yourself this question and the anime in question isn't at least 20 years old the answer is no.

More topics from this board

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - Yesterday

20 by Phloup »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
May 30, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 16, 2023

166 by Noeiro »»
May 29, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.