Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 6:06 PM
Jul 2021
I'm not sure when it happened, but most of the regular male students now look taller and more adult-ish (except for the kid faces the author love to use for everyone in her works), and with the MC it's been happening gradually. That's part of why I'm loving this anime, the gradual growth over time instead of the stagnancy with occasional instant changes that most others of this genre go for.

Though I gotta say the delay for the direct confession has been killing me!
Stink_BugMar 16, 6:10 PM
Mar 16, 6:06 PM

Apr 2022
welp we just had to get yamada exercising goofy and ofc the sports festival.
Mar 16, 6:17 PM
Sep 2021
my heart my heart my heart.. is about to explode... CAN THEY JUST MARRY ALREADY OMG 😭😭😭. I really hope it all wraps up this season.. my heart can't take waiting for god knows how long for a second season..
Mar 16, 7:13 PM

Sep 2023
Ichikawa was not built for the sports festival xD But he did give his all, even trained a bit for it with Anna.

Hopefully we get a confession before the end of the season, it's going to be a really long time before a s3 and pretty much everybody has heard Ichikawa confessing his love at some point or another now, except Anna of course.
Mar 16, 7:47 PM
May 2023
Ichikawa oni chan is kawaiiie
Mar 16, 7:50 PM
May 2023
I already miss Yamada, Ichikawa, and Ichikawa's sister
Mar 16, 8:48 PM
Oct 2017
I fucking loved it
Mar 16, 9:40 PM

Apr 2023
So annoying, this guy Adachi is... totally expendable in Ichikawa's life, thankfully Kana-chan gave him the attention he deserved.

Shaka-bunMar 16, 9:54 PM
Mar 16, 9:43 PM

Jul 2022
Another great development for Ichikawa, and this time fueled by rivalry with Adachi since they both like Yamada, although we know who's really in love with Yamada and who just has a superficial crush.

Regardless of the outcome of their confrontation, the comfort Yamada gives to Ichikawa and their shared lunch is really sweet.

Adachi, despite the life lesson Ichikawa gave him, doesn't seem to change, and now he's interested in Ichikawa's sister. Oh, this guy.

Yamada's dad is such a charmer, haha, the best, and Sanae's blushing is adorable.

Only 2 episodes left and I'm going to be really sad when this ends.
Mar 16, 10:14 PM

May 2011
Nice episode but I don't get what Ichikawa was spazzing about during the cavalry battle... if anything he should look at a mirror and say all of those things to himself.

- Don't go talking like you know me at all.
> Well duh, people will judge you with what they see and experience. Saying they're a nice guy doesn't mean they need to know you entirely so wth is this?

- Don't go claiming you like Yamada without knowing a thing about her!
> Says the dude who pretty much liked her without knowing anything since S1? And like with point 1 above people will probably like you by looks/what they see first then start dating and start knowing more about each other.

- No guy who let himself believe that chocolate from Sekine meant something...
> Bro, you've been thinking Yamada likes you everytime she does anything nice since S1 you have no room to say in this.

Plus more but too lazy to write everything down.
Mar 16, 10:40 PM
Nov 2019
For one episode we get to have a shonen anime rivalry/friendship out of Ichikawa and Adachi.
Mar 16, 11:57 PM
Jan 2022
lol would've loved to hear the other dudes on the cavalry teams' thoughts on the passionate debate above them 🤣
Mar 17, 12:02 AM

Sep 2018
The Orange and Blue Sweatshirt at the beginning? Nice touch, that's a nice little tribute to Akira's passing.
Mar 17, 1:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
oooo3333 said:
This is one of the points I made of why the male MC shouldnt go for the female MC in a forum I made on this season 02 page.

Why would you go through all the hassle of going after the female MC when she has tons of guys after her? No guy would want to put up with that. A guy wants peace. I mean, just imagine how pathetic a man would look fighting another man/men over a girl.

Down with the female MC. And you know something, the female MC isnt even that cute. She just has an amazing physique.

Whatever; its just a romcom.

That’s a strange take sir. So you’re saying that you’d refuse to date an awesome sweet, hot girl that was into you because of the hassle of other guys being into her?

And about Yamada’s looks, well beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder, but it seems to be canon that she’s drop dead gorgeous. Everyone that sees her drops dead in their tracks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 1:02 AM
Oct 2019
Sensei Jacket must be a tribute to Dragon Ball with the Orange and Blue.

That Ad Roller scene with Yamada, the angle they must done it on purpose LMAO

Wow Adachi vs Kyoutaro Cavalry battle was so Intense!!
They went hard on that scene.
Mar 17, 1:04 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to oooo3333
This is one of the points I made of why the male MC shouldnt go for the female MC in a forum I made on this season 02 page.

Why would you go through all the hassle of going after the female MC when she has tons of guys after her? No guy would want to put up with that. A guy wants peace. I mean, just imagine how pathetic a man would look fighting another man/men over a girl.

Down with the female MC. And you know something, the female MC isnt even that cute. She just has an amazing physique.

@oooo3333 ONCE AGAIN STILL L TAKE.
Mar 17, 1:17 AM
Mar 2022
Greate episode as always 🙂
Black_Bird007Mar 17, 1:21 AM
Mar 17, 1:24 AM
Jun 2023
oooo3333 said:

Bro is still stuck on his useless take
Mar 17, 1:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
and the rain washes it all away.......

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 4:50 AM

May 2015
Yamada parents are so cute :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 17, 5:05 AM
Mar 2024
Such an amazing episode.Ichıkawa's character development is insane and u can clearly see in this episode.
Mar 17, 5:58 AM
Mar 2018
Holy hell, this episode came out swinging!
Mar 17, 6:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn that was quite the confrontation between Ichikawa and Adachi during the school festival for their love for Yamada, but even Adachi knows that Ichikawa is so genuine when it comes to that.
Mar 17, 6:07 AM
Dec 2019
Love the episode, Yamada Giving those bento
Mar 17, 6:36 AM
Apr 2021
LMAO this episode was great but the Calvary battle was SOOOOO dramatically kind of cringe bc what about the boys carrying them? What were they thinking? LMAO like 2 guys just battling out their emotion while they’re just carrying them that shit made me laugh but cringe a lil bit but the way their friendship got better and the good animation during it made me let it all slide :)

I really like Adachi bros been with us since season 1 episode 1 I’d be sad if bro wasn’t on the story anymore so I’m happy he’s more of a friend to Kyoutarou now😊

Yamada’s mom was so cute being flustered bc she was being carried haha

But the most surprising part of this episode for me was…THIS SHIT BRO👇🏽 LIKE WHY DID THEY PUT THE CAMERA ANGLE LIKE THAT???!?!🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣🤣🤣😭
Mar 17, 6:39 AM
Mar 2018
I'm glad the romantic rivalry wasn't drawn out and got resolved in one episode. The duel was pretty well animated, and I like that Kyou took the festival seriously.
Mar 17, 7:18 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to oooo3333

@oooo3333 dude wants rainbow-haired gyaru with f cup boobs wearing mini skirt
Mar 17, 7:27 AM
Aug 2020
Finally its here! The next 2 episodes are gonna be sooooooooooooooooooo good. Cant Wait!
War never changes...
Mar 17, 8:24 AM
Sep 2021
This episode's sports cavalry match was animated well & was packed with emotions. Never thought I would enjoy a cavalry match this much & also, I want the confession to take place face-to-face. Hope it comes soon.
Mar 17, 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
Yep, the most pointless sports festival has come, and once again, Ichikawa finds himself in controversy after the first time with Yamada, but that interaction definitely set the groundwork for his relationship with her. And Adachi...knowing that his affection is for Yamada, Ichikawa decides to take his challenge on for the calvary battle and work out himself. The coincidence with Yamada and Wantaro, Ichikawa finding himself working out at her place is just the most out-of-place natural progression, yet his heart burns for her all the more.

Oh well, the fated sports festival soon arrives, and Adachi as the spokesperson...he's quite the joker through. But when it comes to fighting for what he truly wants, he's not relinquishing his, and neither is Ichikawa in the all-guys calvary battle. It's commendable that both guys are able to have their psychological fight over Yamada in the rain, though the girls are did not hear a pinch of their confessions that are drowned out by the sounds of heavy rain.

Aye, so close, yet so far and noisy.
Mar 17, 11:36 AM
Apr 2022
Tears-in-the-rain moment T^T ... a bit cliché but always hits the soft spot :)
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Aug 2023
Liked the episode and the one on one between Ichikawa and Adachi was cool (Kinda wanted Yamada and the others hear what Ichikawa said but never mind).
Mar 17, 1:17 PM
Feb 2024
The battle was awesome, and we're so close to the end.
Mar 17, 1:30 PM
Aug 2019
They are really pushing it just confess and start dating
Mar 17, 4:09 PM
Dec 2014
a battle between 2 men where pride was at stake, I love the relationship that Ichikawa has with Adachi at this point.
Mar 17, 6:30 PM

Mar 2010
He is finally able to admit it outloud but this whole hiding their relationship thing is kinda fun, and how dat face mask gal keeps trying to interfere.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 17, 7:03 PM
Mar 2015
our boi stood up for yamada and made the other boi really fight for her
Mar 17, 7:25 PM
Jul 2021
Another big ep for Ichi's character development.
Mar 17, 9:07 PM
Apr 2018
Adachi running into Kana for the first time was hilarious. Instant crush when she tells him to get lost XD
Mar 17, 9:18 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to ImmortalZero
Nice episode but I don't get what Ichikawa was spazzing about during the cavalry battle... if anything he should look at a mirror and say all of those things to himself.

- Don't go talking like you know me at all.
> Well duh, people will judge you with what they see and experience. Saying they're a nice guy doesn't mean they need to know you entirely so wth is this?

- Don't go claiming you like Yamada without knowing a thing about her!
> Says the dude who pretty much liked her without knowing anything since S1? And like with point 1 above people will probably like you by looks/what they see first then start dating and start knowing more about each other.

- No guy who let himself believe that chocolate from Sekine meant something...
> Bro, you've been thinking Yamada likes you everytime she does anything nice since S1 you have no room to say in this.

Plus more but too lazy to write everything down.
@ImmortalZero Ichikawa and Adachi is different, Ichikawa doesn't instantly claiming that he likes yamada in the first place without knowing anything about her, at first he admire her but he doesn't want to admits that, and after he start to interacting with her and know the other side of her he slowly have feeling for her and in eps 3 of s1 he finally admit that he likes her. And Ichikawa likes her and that's why he always think about yamada, not like Adachi he only like yamada because of her beauty, imagine believing random chocolate from sekine meant something and he give her some payback for that even tho he like yamada?? That's not true love and that's what Ichikawa want to to say to Adachi, that his feelings were not like but only admiration for her beauty. (Sorry for bad grammar)
Mar 17, 10:18 PM

Apr 2021
honestly i think this is the ep that ive least like of the season and not bc of the content of it, which i liked, but it felt quite fast. i thought the pacing was a bit fast imo, I think I enjoyed this chs more on the manga. However i can understand the reason why, since the season only has 2 eps left and the most important scenes are from
Mar 17, 11:31 PM

Aug 2017
I like how the Karte is not with Yamada this time. Kyotarou has turned into a shounen man. This episode was a nice, dramatic change from others.

I love the new kuudere girl, and the upbeat classroom song that was not present in season 1

bassyey said:
So Adachi likes Yamada, Moeko, and now Kyoutarou's sister - Kana. Dude believes in "more entries, more chances of winning".

Yeah, Adachi has the right approach. Shotgun/diversifying
CarbonMDMar 17, 11:47 PM
Mar 17, 11:44 PM

Dec 2022
well it took me this many episode to realise that ichikawa is a tsundere

the highlight of this episode is yamadas parents racing
Mar 18, 1:14 AM

May 2020
Sometimes i can't get it about Adachi.. lol
PEAK EPISODE once again
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Mar 18, 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to luisfunes99
honestly i think this is the ep that ive least like of the season and not bc of the content of it, which i liked, but it felt quite fast. i thought the pacing was a bit fast imo, I think I enjoyed this chs more on the manga. However i can understand the reason why, since the season only has 2 eps left and the most important scenes are from
@luisfunes99 this was technically one of the slowest episodes, only adapted 4 chapters instead of 5 (like many eps).

There’s some new scenes and others were expanded, we even got new jokes.

Personally it’s one of the eps I found to be much better than the manga counterpart.
Mar 18, 1:32 PM
Feb 2015
That was so emotional, Ichikawa really going at it the most here it's intense and so full of passion he's grown so much since the start, meanwhile their little plop into the mud felt unintentionally comedic 😂
I love how they introduced a completely new unique character for this episode too ahahahah
I wonder if Adachi will ever realize that Sekine might have some interest tho 👀

Also bruh, how many eggs did Yamada use, reminding me of that time Ichigo from Yumeiro Patisserie used a whole farm's worth for some crepe cake practices 😭😭😭

Wonder how they'll wrap this up, will they actually make it public or will they keep slyly going along, if they don't reveal their thing together they might end up making another season ahahahahah
Mar 18, 1:56 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to TiagoCosta
@luisfunes99 this was technically one of the slowest episodes, only adapted 4 chapters instead of 5 (like many eps).

There’s some new scenes and others were expanded, we even got new jokes.

Personally it’s one of the eps I found to be much better than the manga counterpart.
@TiagoCosta i believe you, its just how i percieved it tho. I read those chs a while ago so my memory is fuzzy, i just thought the backstroy of ichikawa and yamada encounter on the sports festival was a bit better fleshed out in the manga. The same with yamadas parents i percieved that in the manga funnier than in the anime.

Still i dont think it was a bad epsiode but i prefer the manga chapters focusing on this particular scenes.
Mar 18, 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to luisfunes99
@TiagoCosta i believe you, its just how i percieved it tho. I read those chs a while ago so my memory is fuzzy, i just thought the backstroy of ichikawa and yamada encounter on the sports festival was a bit better fleshed out in the manga. The same with yamadas parents i percieved that in the manga funnier than in the anime.

Still i dont think it was a bad epsiode but i prefer the manga chapters focusing on this particular scenes.
@luisfunes99 I read/watch on the same day, so yeah my memory couldn't be fresher :p

The flashback is told all at once on the manga, anime does it diving it in 3 points of views (Ichi, Yamada and Adachi) so it's a different take on it but overall it's longer on the manga yeah as the way it's told wouldn't really fit everything the manga shown.

The parents scene is like 2 panels on the manga, it even got a extra line on the anime.. it's expanded slightly.

---------

Anyway my fav part about the ep are the Adachi parts, the fist pump is anime original (so is him talking with the male friends before asking for the dual), the battle heavily expands Ichi speech (love it), Moe (my fav character) towel scene is also original.

The way the anime handles Kana in the end is also very nice (not entering the room with Yamada, entering later and reading the room perfectly).

------------

Nice profile picture btw, KonoOto is fantastic.
Mar 18, 3:20 PM
Jul 2022
Damn this episode got emotional, probably one of my favourites this season. his sister's reaction to his classmate at the end was hilarious though XD
Mar 18, 4:46 PM

Apr 2012
Crap. I really want to ship Adachi with Sekine, but this guy seems to deliberately want to ruin all his chances with girls. He instantly forgets about the gyaru when he has another (illusory) chance to attract Yamada's attention and then forgets about both of them when he meets Kyo's sister. Even his mother seems to be used to it, as she doesn't question why he got into a fight over another girl.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

342 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

116 by little_raven »»
May 5, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

118 by Mattinator95 »»
May 5, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

202 by Playcool »»
May 5, 6:42 AM

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

43 by Playcool »»
May 3, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.