Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
A reminder that Kyoukai can be extremely deadly when she's emotional and angered. Honestly, her reactions was natural after what she saw on the battlefield.

Episode had a bit of psychological vibe this episode imo, including the presence of prisoners of war. Shin had a very tough fight as well but he didn't hold back on unleashing his fury.
Mar 16, 12:31 PM

Oct 2019
Hot damn. Great ep. Xin and Qiang Lei furious with the villagers deaths. It was great seeing Xin sock the due in the face. And then seeing him not back down like a boss.
FireRifle64Mar 16, 12:35 PM
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 16, 3:00 PM

Nov 2016
I love Kanki, but Shin not taking this shit even more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 3:12 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Xin and Qiang Lei's reactions to the horrific actions of Huan Yi perfectly conveyed the sheer brutality on display. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, and their pushback and infighting were completely warranted.

This was a fantastic follow up to the conflict from the beginning of the season between Xin and Huan Yi's ideologies, and I am really looking forward to see how it gets resolved. I don't see Xin/Qiang Lei backing down, but I also don't see Huan Yi forgiving them attacking and killing his men.
Mar 16, 4:48 PM
Aug 2020
I want to hate more Kanki

Don’t use Censorship on the next ep

We have to see what he did with the people.

I don’t have word to describe.

This dude is crazy !!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 16, 5:01 PM
Oct 2021
Omg!!! That's what I am talking about. I actually saw this coming, but it was executed so well. Why is Kingdom being slept on. This season is 🔥🔥
Mar 16, 5:02 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to anime-prime
Xin and Qiang Lei's reactions to the horrific actions of Huan Yi perfectly conveyed the sheer brutality on display. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, and their pushback and infighting were completely warranted.

This was a fantastic follow up to the conflict from the beginning of the season between Xin and Huan Yi's ideologies, and I am really looking forward to see how it gets resolved. I don't see Xin/Qiang Lei backing down, but I also don't see Huan Yi forgiving them attacking and killing his men.
@anime-prime Exactly. Xin will have to pay somehow. But he has killed a commamder, so I think it will cancel out
Mar 16, 5:25 PM

Mar 2010
Fundamentally everyone agrees with xin, but reality is darker and more real than ideals.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 16, 5:36 PM
Jan 2024
Clash of two ideologies. The depiction here is truly what happens in the field of battle and the upright will always come at odds with others.
Huan Yi is all about intimidation, pillage, murder and brutality and Xin is all about honor and knighthood, it was bound to clash.
Mar 16, 6:00 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What an incredible episode!!! I want more now. I want to see what happens!
Mar 16, 7:07 PM
Mar 2018
Wow
This episode was beyond amazing, I am so excited to see how things will end up between the two of them
Mar 16, 8:10 PM
Dec 2018
The foolish Shane pretends to be ideal as usual
Mar 16, 8:13 PM

Jul 2017
Fucking incredible episode and an even better follow up to how amazing last week's episode was. Kan Ki is truly one of the best antagonists I've seen in anime/manga and he is such a great character to have in the Qin side. The Qin side has already been seen like a protagonist side given the characters we follow through Shin and Ei Sei and the people involved there but the series has done a great job in humanizing some characters from other armies throughout the franchise and in this season in particular, and showcasing some people from Qin that you cannot support as a 'good person' given how morally corrupt they are like Kan Ki and his army. He's such a great character and a person I cannot hate even more from the fibre of my beings. It is a very interesting and brutal outlook of war with clashing philosophies fully on display between Shin and Kan Ki. It was also seen in Vinland Saga but in series like these, there are groups of people that do have a mentality to war where 'victor goes the spoils' and that they can truly do whatever they want to their opposition with no remorse, even willing to harm the innocent through torture, murder, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, burning down homes and settlements that people in peace built their culture and foundations on, etc. Kan Ki and the people that follow him, the rebels and outlaws have a mentality towards war that is more opportunistic than ever, to enjoy in destroying the lives of whoever is associated underneath an 'enemy nation' even without them having any intentions of doing anything to self-satisfy himself. He's honest about what he wants, there's no forgiving him and he could not care whatsoever, which makes him as horrible of a person as can be but also someone so compelling in a series like this.

And what makes him even more interesting is the fact that Qin are still using him as one of the most reliable generals out there even when you can clearly see Kan Ki and the way he fights and thinks is very different from the united vision that Ei Sei wants with the states once conquering them all, to bring under one than have every nation suffer miserably down to the roots of its people through torture and turning them to corpses like him. Just fascinating, brutal and powerful stuff overall to watch and my god was it brilliant to watch. A very different kind of episode from what I'd normally get with anime in recent times but a very impactful one. I could genuinely feel that aura of anger and fury that Shin and Kyou Kai both brought after realizing the kind of shit Kan Ki and his crew were pulling, with Kyou Kai losing someone who despite not being from Qin, still took care of her and was as friendly to her as she could be, especially since she was an older woman too. If I was in their situation, I might have lost my head too without control. It was nice seeing Shin not tolerate his shit and stand man to man against him, and seeing the two of them even fight his subordinates to get the message down. Can't imagine Kisui and company's reactions once they find out the shit Kan Ki was pulling off underneath the surface of Zhao's reclamation of the hill. Just a phenomenal episode with really good music and even decent action towards the more intense scenes with Kyou Kai at the end there.
Mar 16, 8:21 PM

Dec 2018
Hell yeah Kai and Shin, I've had trouble with Kan Ki this whole time and now I see why. Started with instinct and now it's confirmed. I'm so sad the old lady died...this isn't an army, it's a bunch of raiders. Shin said it best. Such a sad but also inspiring episode. I hope they join the Sho.
Mar 16, 8:51 PM
Apr 2018
Wow!
Both Qiang Lei (Kyoukai) and Xin (Shin) were furious this time. Kan ki did what he wanted but its as always very surprising how they both now took down the commanders under Kan ki.
What a speech in the end! 🔥🔥
Mar 16, 9:02 PM

Feb 2018
got dayum son that's another banger of an episode
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

May 2020
Kan Ki plans to torture the people to attack Ki Sui emotionally. Kyou Kai and Xin are super pissed to see the villagers attacked. Both go to the main camp and make a ruckus.

Loved both of them, being so pissed and moving together in unison without uttering a word.

Ka Ryou Ten understood that this can turn out to be a war against Kan Ki group, and Na Gui is there listening to it.

The last line Xin said is bound to have good reactions.
Mar 16, 10:29 PM
Feb 2019
This is easily the ep of the year.

purely intense episode and not a single second was dull. Goosebumps throughout the eps.

So much happened and so much will happen.

I can't wait for next ep. This ep is 11/10.
Mar 16, 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
Holy Shit.......this isn't going to end well for someone at all.
Mar 16, 10:55 PM

Jan 2018
I still remember reading these chapters in the manga…the raw emotion. Morita absolutely did it justice. What a fantastic adaptation of an amazing arc.
Mar 16, 10:57 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was out of this world jesus christ!!
If the animation could match how good and hype this was, it could've been one of the best ones out there
RyushindaiMar 16, 11:00 PM
Mar 17, 12:59 AM

Apr 2017
Kan Ki is truly showing how a anti Hero act, eventhough already read the manga the intense of this eps is still huge like when i read the manga
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Mar 17, 2:08 AM
Feb 2021
Another incredible episode, Kingdom keeps delivering every freaking week. Finally we see the real face of the Huan Yi army, can't wait for next sunday!
Mar 17, 2:22 AM
Oct 2016
holy peak what an ep
Mar 17, 4:06 AM

Sep 2015
Tbh i liked this episode way more than the previous one, the use of monochromatic red when they (Hi Shin unit) found out the atrocities that the Kanki army committed was stands out really well... i don't expect they would go this way lol

also love to see that Tsutomu Oshiro's cut.
Xx-JacKato-xXMar 17, 4:11 AM
Mar 17, 7:00 AM
May 2021
Reply to otakuweek
I want to hate more Kanki

Don’t use Censorship on the next ep

We have to see what he did with the people.

I don’t have word to describe.

This dude is crazy !!!
@otakuweek i dont think that will be next episode, its going to be a talk/wholesome moment. the thing that you are talking about should be in episode 12 . but yeah no way the anime is going to let it fly.
Mar 17, 1:14 PM

May 2020
Another amazing episode
these cliff hangers man
I cant wait for the next ep

Mar 17, 1:28 PM
Nov 2017
Shin is still immature. They gonna learn how grown ups fight wars in the upcoming episodes.
Mar 17, 3:31 PM
Dec 2014
who let kanki to be general? i want to kill him this piece of sh### .
kuokai , i love you kyokai so please just k!ll him
Mar 17, 4:39 PM

Jul 2011
What a fire episode!! I was on the edge of my seat with the last speech. Can't wait to see what goes down next in this clash of ideology and beliefs.
MirorinMar 17, 4:56 PM
Mar 17, 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
Top tier episode 10/10
Mar 17, 8:00 PM
Mar 2015
Shin has some objections to the way kanki fights his battles
Mar 17, 9:12 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to animejas
Fucking incredible episode and an even better follow up to how amazing last week's episode was. Kan Ki is truly one of the best antagonists I've seen in anime/manga and he is such a great character to have in the Qin side. The Qin side has already been seen like a protagonist side given the characters we follow through Shin and Ei Sei and the people involved there but the series has done a great job in humanizing some characters from other armies throughout the franchise and in this season in particular, and showcasing some people from Qin that you cannot support as a 'good person' given how morally corrupt they are like Kan Ki and his army. He's such a great character and a person I cannot hate even more from the fibre of my beings. It is a very interesting and brutal outlook of war with clashing philosophies fully on display between Shin and Kan Ki. It was also seen in Vinland Saga but in series like these, there are groups of people that do have a mentality to war where 'victor goes the spoils' and that they can truly do whatever they want to their opposition with no remorse, even willing to harm the innocent through torture, murder, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, burning down homes and settlements that people in peace built their culture and foundations on, etc. Kan Ki and the people that follow him, the rebels and outlaws have a mentality towards war that is more opportunistic than ever, to enjoy in destroying the lives of whoever is associated underneath an 'enemy nation' even without them having any intentions of doing anything to self-satisfy himself. He's honest about what he wants, there's no forgiving him and he could not care whatsoever, which makes him as horrible of a person as can be but also someone so compelling in a series like this.

And what makes him even more interesting is the fact that Qin are still using him as one of the most reliable generals out there even when you can clearly see Kan Ki and the way he fights and thinks is very different from the united vision that Ei Sei wants with the states once conquering them all, to bring under one than have every nation suffer miserably down to the roots of its people through torture and turning them to corpses like him. Just fascinating, brutal and powerful stuff overall to watch and my god was it brilliant to watch. A very different kind of episode from what I'd normally get with anime in recent times but a very impactful one. I could genuinely feel that aura of anger and fury that Shin and Kyou Kai both brought after realizing the kind of shit Kan Ki and his crew were pulling, with Kyou Kai losing someone who despite not being from Qin, still took care of her and was as friendly to her as she could be, especially since she was an older woman too. If I was in their situation, I might have lost my head too without control. It was nice seeing Shin not tolerate his shit and stand man to man against him, and seeing the two of them even fight his subordinates to get the message down. Can't imagine Kisui and company's reactions once they find out the shit Kan Ki was pulling off underneath the surface of Zhao's reclamation of the hill. Just a phenomenal episode with really good music and even decent action towards the more intense scenes with Kyou Kai at the end there.
@animejas

Absolutely heart-wrenching episode. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the flashback on the old granny with Kyoukai, the foreboding was sinister and was masterly conveyed by the dark background during the scene.

What breaks my heart is that thousands of years ago, there were war generals like Kanki who condoned and encouraged the authoritarian "winner takes all" mindset. I agree with you that Kanki is an impressive character when only considering his aptitude for war. He is outstanding in his mental genius despite having grown up in the most mentally unstimulating environment among morally twisted barbarians and bandits. It's a shame that the Xin central government have never realised the trend of smaller armies being demolished/disbanded after assimilation into the Kanki Army during joint military ventures. I mean, the sharper management folks like ShouWenKun & Shouheikun should have noticed that the Kanki Army was sacrificing whichever army cooperated with them.

I think this show is a realistic depiction of how a lack of cultural and academic education does not necessarily beget a lack of morals. Xin didn't exactly grow up with loving parents/caretakes, yet he has basic morals to treat uninvolved civilians as people that shouldn't be attacked. Kingdom is truly a profound series with many morals and analysis of the human psyche. I plan to write a few spoken essays on Kingdom when this season ends.
Mar 18, 3:15 PM

Sep 2015
That was a hard watch. Knowing what will happen in this episode as a manga reader made it even harder.
Mar 19, 2:25 AM

Apr 2018
Crazy episode again ! Still no one knows Shin killed the main ennemy ! So excited to see the next episode and see their faces when they will ear the news.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Mar 19, 11:50 AM
Sep 2020
brutual! This episode was extremely brutual! I kind of had this feeling that this would happen even though I didn't want to. Episode ended on such a good part. I have not read manga so I am even more curious to the events that may follow from here.
Mar 19, 11:52 AM
Sep 2020
brutual! This episode was extremely brutual! I kind of had this feeling that this would happen even though I didn't want to. Episode ended on such a good part. I have not read manga so I am even more curious to the events that may follow from here.
Mar 19, 6:31 PM
Aug 2020
rektatron said:
@otakuweek i dont think that will be next episode, its going to be a talk/wholesome moment. the thing that you are talking about should be in episode 12 . but yeah no way the anime is going to let it fly.

Yeap, you are probably right.

There is not a lot of people that are talking about this season.

I’m trying on otakuweek but if they show the children murdered etc

Things will definitely change after that…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 20, 12:31 AM
Jul 2019
Damn... Now I kinda want Zhao to win this war after seeing what Kan Ki and his gang of barbarians did these random villagers.

I'm not gonna lie I lost a lot of respect for Kan Ki in this episode when his army attacked, tortured and killed random mountain civilians for no reason other than they might be helping Zhao win was hard to watch and I have no idea what's gonna happen next week but I can tell that it's not good.
Mar 20, 11:01 PM

Oct 2012
Dang I already knew what was coming and it was still rough, they really did it justice.
Mar 23, 12:12 PM

Feb 2021
Was the torture censored from the manga?
Oh nooooo, so the moment has come... I kinda feel bad that I've been looking forward to it >_<
14:43 Li (Chinese: 里, lǐ, or 市里, shìlǐ), also known as the Chinese mile, is a traditional Chinese unit of distance. The li has varied considerably over time but was usually about one third of an English mile and now has a standardized length of a half-kilometer (500 meters or 1,640 feet or 0.311 miles). This is then divided into 1,500 chi or "Chinese feet".
This episode was so good. I already feel so bad for Ji Hui and his people.
Oh god the title of the next episode.
Mar 24, 6:18 PM
Dec 2014
Another insane episode, the tension felt was enormous.
Mar 24, 7:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Went from battle for territory to battle of morality real quick.

Wow…I can’t remember the last time a series has horrified me and shook me to my core. I feel so bad for the lady and her village; I wished they lived long enough to see the future that Xin sees.

Hate Huan Yi, but I do appreciate his existence in the story to serve as a foil against Xin, and also to highlight that soldiers on both sides commit brutal acts of violence against the innocent. While I hate how this ugly truth resurfaced again in this anime, it also reminded me why Xin fights and why I admire him.
Mar 31, 6:07 AM

May 2018
Cold, too cold, definitely the best episode so far.

Apr 1, 12:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Understand the Xin position against all the horror but the are bloody commanders in all the wars!!!
kekeke
Apr 21, 10:32 AM
Superior

Apr 2008
I never thought I could be more aligned to the Kan Ki agenda until this episode. Damn.

Based is the head that wears the bandit king's crown.
May 3, 11:12 PM

Aug 2011
I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Everyone here has already commented on what I would have commented on, so that's covered. I do wonder how King Zheng will react on hearing about the massacre, rape and pillaging.

There has got to be a 6th season; there is no way that 3 more episodes can make sense or resolve what's happening right now. As Xin stated in his closing line of the episode, "How does this unite a nation/kingdom?"
May 5, 1:55 AM

Jul 2015
Once a bandit always a bandit, glad that Xin and Kyou kai stood up against those scum. I really hope Wei Ping won't get in trouble after forcibly accepting that stone bracelet

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

44 by nikki05 »»
May 10, 11:12 AM

» Why haven't they announced Kingdom : Season 6 ?

KingSunWukong - May 1

8 by Siraa_ »»
May 10, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Are you disappointed that Kingdom : Season 5 is only 13 episodes long ?

KingSunWukong - May 7

9 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

39 by ShashabonhALI »»
May 7, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

35 by Unkrowned »»
May 5, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.