Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 15, 7:31 PM
Feb 2021
who do yah think should've won? my friend said Garra and how he is one of the strongest characters in early Naruto in the chunin's exams.
Mar 15, 7:50 PM
Jan 2021
im fine with the way it played out. They were fairly evenly matched showing how much Gaara had grown (even though he was already one of the stronger characters) and also showed how much power and how crafty the Akatsuki are.
Plus Gaara mostly lost due to protecting his citizens, and took an arm. Deidara just had better thinking/strategy and an advantage by being around civilians (but also didn't use his full power because he still didn't take Gaara completely seriously which I just think overall works great because neither showed their full abilities and could be used later without feeling weirdly scaled)
Mar 15, 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
They also used a highly trusted Jonin for information/infiltration, had prepped and way more experience then Gaara.
Deidara was doing terrorist jobs for a good part of is life and was basically in is element
In this situation Deidara is pretty much always winning
Mar 16, 1:33 AM
Jun 2020
RealityChanges said:
who do yah think should've won? my friend said Garra and how he is one of the strongest characters in early Naruto in the chunin's exams.

i think maybe Deidara. the thing is that after the first series some characters became kinda stale? i expected them to grow in power and become stronger but as they grew up in Shippuden, it felt like only a few characters bothered to become stronger than before and even Rock lee seemed weaker than what he was in the first serie and Gaara was already beaten by Deidara once, so 🤷‍♀️
Mar 16, 5:04 PM
May 2023
It was a great battle that really set the precedent that the akatsuki were Hokage level threats, and could kill Kage or jinchuriki

The bombs in the sand was just extremely crafty and ultimately exposed another flaw with the “ ultimate defense “
Mar 17, 3:37 AM
Dec 2022
RealityChanges said:

The way kishimotto wrote it was a good way as both are even while deidara will do anything even attack sand villagers but Gaara will sacrifice himself even to save his village because he was still inspired by Naruto.
Mar 17, 5:35 AM
Sep 2022
well both were being hold by something
gaara was protecting the village but at the same had an advantage of all the sand surrounding him
and deidara wasn't aiming to kill gaara cuz they needed him alive for the extraction also he didn't brought much of the clay he uses
Mar 23, 3:26 PM
Jun 2023
SoulessAnime said:
im fine with the way it played out. They were fairly evenly matched showing how much Gaara had grown (even though he was already one of the stronger characters) and also showed how much power and how crafty the Akatsuki are.
Plus Gaara mostly lost due to protecting his citizens, and took an arm. Deidara just had better thinking/strategy and an advantage by being around civilians (but also didn't use his full power because he still didn't take Gaara completely seriously which I just think overall works great because neither showed their full abilities and could be used later without feeling weirdly scaled)

Exactly, I totally agree! The fact that both didn’t use their full power confused me at first but just think of all the possibilities that could happen. Maybe they get a rematch?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 220 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - Aug 31, 2009

125 by alexa0717 »»
May 7, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 3, 2009

32 by Losho »»
May 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goodevilgenius - Aug 28, 2007

65 by Faunaseer »»
May 2, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.