Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 12:11 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Nadeshikorinsan
@Nadeshikorinsan
I will bro, I not drop this show yet.
Just say its boring if compared with latest eps frieren.
You see the battle is just like people running around , bumping , crashing and then light appears, main character using skill, suddenly a knife stuck into the enemy's chest.
@Nadeshikorinsan also I forgot the part when enemy using stealh skill disapear like ghost , but the mc using spidey sense to detect it.

Why he didnt hide his murderous insting from first and slash head. The enemy sure not pass assassin test.
Mar 9, 12:13 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Comander-07
Im starting to really like this show. MC beeing aware of becoming a colder person by getting stronger is interesting.
@Comander-07 That's how the manwha is, the more Sung become stronger, the more he lost his humanity.
Mar 9, 12:14 PM
Jun 2016
I'm da Joker babey 🤡
Mar 9, 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
Kang killing the prisoners was ok with me, and while Kim and the other guy did abandon Jinwoo in the Double Dungeon, it sucks that they died after coming across Kang through their connected tunnel. The death flags were pretty apparent though especially with Kim swearing he would apologize to Jinwoo after all of this was finished.

That fight between Jinwoo and Kang was something else though, A-1 really delivered. Jinwoo really is becoming a darker person as he continues to gain strength. It was smart of him to resist making a fuss over Song taking the credit for killing Kang, you don't want to risk anything in front of an A-rank Hunter when you just barely beat a B-rank Hunter.
thebrentinator24Mar 9, 12:28 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 12:24 PM

Aug 2022
Didn't expect Sung to be able to beat a B-rank hunter. I guess he's stronger than I thought.
Mar 9, 12:37 PM

Mar 2007
Got to applaud the writer because everyone in this episode fought using not only their bodies but their brains! Lots of good tactics shown, with lovely action choreography.

* Old man asking for a strength buff going full swordsman and then sneak attacking with magic? Win, even if it didn't work.
* Kang only pulling out stealth at the last minute
* Jinwoo doing the Goku Hop was just ** muah Chef's Kiss **
* Old man keeping his secret for him, more winning.

Really really enjoyed this episode. I even loved the small touch when his friend died, and they showed the profile of his head just slumping towards his chest, nicely done animation.
Mar 9, 12:42 PM
Aug 2022
The fight wasn’t half bad, but I feel like the rest of the episode was mostly wasted. :(
Mar 9, 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
The quality has dipped this episode. While the animation for Sung's fight was (a majority of the time) great, the pacing was mind-boggling. This is one of Sung's most vital fights in respect to his character development, and yet it was glossed over in half an episode. The whole encounter should've taken an episode and a half in order to accentuate how Kang influenced Sung and to further explain the abilities used in combat. The lack of pauses in general baffled me; the sense of suspense was lost when it immediately cuts to Sung using full recovery for instance. The pacing in the anime has been great so far, such as when Sung saved Jinho by killing the hunter squad in the D Rank dungeon. The pauses and internal monologues used in that scene made it spectacular even as a Manwha reader. I hope that this is only the case for this episode, because I do not want the job quest to be shoved into a single episode.
Mar 9, 1:28 PM
Apr 2015
That tribute to Akira Toriyama ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Just found that out myself
Mar 9, 1:34 PM
Feb 2024
great fight and song got to fight
Mar 9, 2:06 PM
Nov 2021
perfect perfect perfect
Mar 9, 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
The animation was already showing some signs of collapse the previous episode, but now the budget disappeared entirely until near the end of the episode where it picked up a tad bit.

Still an enjoyable watch though.
Mar 9, 2:12 PM
Dec 2021
It was epic and the animation was great.
Mar 9, 2:21 PM
Dec 2021
Anyone feel this was slightly rushed in the sense they wanted to conclude everything in one episode? Or is it just me?
Mar 9, 2:28 PM

Oct 2019
What an episode.. 😲 Is nearly everyone in this story a psychopath?
I liked Nietzsche's abyss quote Kang said just before dying; it was a nice touch.

It was also confirmed that Jin is currently B-level with some extra Player-specific perks. B+ perhaps?
Mar 9, 2:30 PM
Dec 2022
I thought megumi would be chill ☹️
Mar 9, 2:57 PM
Aug 2018
I did like the episode better, finally something worthy of ~ 7-8/10 rating. Although, overall, unless the last 3 episodes are 10/10, I don't see this staying at anywhere above 8/10. Your typical 7.5-8/10 anime which gets unreasonably high on MAL. My biggest concern with this show is its super lazy/poor writing. Still, I'll just wait and see how it goes. Let's hope for the best.
Mar 9, 3:12 PM
Dec 2023
I understand that this was a really great episode, with super sick action, but it could've been SO MUCH BETTER. It's little nitpicky things, but if the studio were to pay attention to the subtleties, than this episode would've really captured me. Still a good episode though.
Mar 9, 3:13 PM
Jun 2012
That water form death sequence was some serious H2O cool.
Mar 9, 3:13 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Limi
The animation was already showing some signs of collapse the previous episode, but now the budget disappeared entirely until near the end of the episode where it picked up a tad bit.

Still an enjoyable watch though.
@Limi

I mean you only really need a good budget for the fights in these animes right?

It was fine.
Mar 9, 3:19 PM

Feb 2019
i knew that agent guy was sketchy, he kept eyeing Jinwoo right from the start, thinking he'd kill all the hunters there and end up the hero. unfortunately for him, Jinwoo's a far more terrifying foe than him so he was disposed of easily. but the A-rank inspector is suspicious too since the C-rank vet claimed to have killed Kang with the help of the B-rank healer.
Mar 9, 3:30 PM
May 2019
The purple guy dying this early was unexpected, other than that, nothing crazy about this episode.
Mar 9, 4:53 PM
May 2023
well no one want to talk about the cliffhanger and also title of next ep?
i mean why they want to stop at the start of Joohee and Jinwoo meeting up/date? have to wait for another week again to find out why..
Mar 9, 5:30 PM

Apr 2022
not sure if jinwoo warming up was deliberately a goku reference in respect to akira toriyama, but if it was then it's easily the best thing that's happened in this show. skeptical though since that news is way too recent.
Mar 9, 5:40 PM

Sep 2023
Back to a great episode this time! The fight against Tae-Shik was really good. Jin-Woo is probably close to A-rank by now, he really is getting strong fast, although he has to be careful to not loose his humanity in the process.
Mar 9, 5:42 PM

Jul 2022
I think bad luck follows those who suffered the incident in the double dungeon. I thought everything was going to hell because of the convicts, but it turns out the guy who was supposed to be guarding them was a psycho.

It's a shame about Jeongho and Kim's deaths; both had families and wished for Sung's forgiveness, but that's just how unfair life can be for a hunter in the dungeons.

Sung vs. Kang is an entertaining fight, but the most important thing is seeing the change in Sung, as he gets stronger, his inner self changes. Like Kang said, 'when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.'

I'm guessing Sung and Joo-Hee will have a date since he owes her one, but something tells me Joo-Hee might stop being a hunter.
Mar 9, 5:54 PM
Nov 2019
pertarungan epik, sang mc udh mulai kuat
My Candies :
Mar 9, 6:10 PM

Jul 2016
First man-vs-man fight and it looked passable at best. Constant cuts to the old man and Joo-Hee's "surprised pikachu" reactions were particularly annoying.
Also Joo-Hee can't stop collecting traumas, it seems.

MC putting on his hoodie for extra edginess was funny, btw.
Mar 9, 6:28 PM
Jan 2021
puschie said:
Really disappointing… they just talk and talk and talk… at this pace they need more than 100 episode for the story… feels like the producer doesn’t unterstand the medium and try to re-create the manhwa word by word - this was ok for the beginning but now it’s almost over and nothing really happen - they should shorten this a lot and if someone is interested they can read the original.

i mean i get it, he is special and badass but it is needed to focus on this in every episode ? maybe i’m just to old for „omg he can do this?“ and all that bullshit, just feels like a story for kids :/

You too old. give up on hate.
Mar 9, 6:32 PM
Apr 2023
Satisfying episode. Nice to see this part finally animated because it is technically one of the first time in the manhwa where Sung Jinwoo faced a human being which is actually competent enough to face him.
Mar 9, 7:05 PM
Nov 2023
Nice episode, better insight into Jingo's character, could have ended on a better note.
Mar 9, 7:18 PM

May 2019
I think Kang would've been fine if he had only killed the prisoners as he could've concocted a story where they turned on him or something but unfortunately for him he tried to kill everyone in the party so good riddance to him.

Joohee keeps getting traumatized so I wouldn't blame her if she stepped away from the dungeons for a while or even permanently. Also, kudos to Song for taking credit for Kang's killing to maintain Jinwoo's secret.
Mar 9, 7:28 PM

Jan 2018
A-1 is killing it as always. It is true on what Kang said to Jinwoo, the abyss will also gaze upon you. There will be other people that will be interested in Jinwoo at this point.

It was also quite quick that Song and Joohee easily understood what Jinwoo was going through, therefore the lie.

Looks like we'll be seeing a date episode next, implying the next episode title.
Mar 9, 8:10 PM
Jan 2022
based on comments from webnovel readers, I have a feeling joohee isn't someone he ends up with, but it'd sure be cool if he did. she seems nice, and they've had a relationship since before he was cool.
Mar 9, 8:19 PM
Aug 2018
This anime just stays consistently good.
Mar 9, 8:45 PM
Apr 2021
Wow A-1 did the Kang fight so good that part where Sung Jinwoo initiated his bloodlust and Kang was knee deep in water was amazing like the entire animation was great for that fight thank god for A-1 man😩🙌🏽🔥🔥🔥

Having finished the manga it’s sad to know that Joohee doesn’t go anywhere in this story like she’s a one and done character who stops being focused on for Cha Hae In, it’s sad and I don’t want to see my girl being forgotten again😕
Mar 9, 9:01 PM
Mar 2023
Fantastic episode! Curious for the next. :)
Mar 9, 9:10 PM
Oct 2019
You FCKING deserve it Kang!!
Goodbye

Well Rest in Peace for Kim and Jungho.

Song coming in clutch with the cover up, just how long JinWoo gonna kept secret his power??

Also we got a date with Joohee next week?
Mar 9, 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
This is probably just my own opinion, but the build up from last week was without a doubt worth it. Great episode.

I think we were all aware that sooner or later some kind of incident would occur due to the presence of the prisoners. Especially during the separation at the 3 tunnel entrances, Kang's almost malicious grin towards Jin-Woo was extremely noticeable. As if he saw through Jin-Woo's true power, which obviously wasn't the case.

So that was behind the scene from the last episode where this older gentleman asked for help to kill a certain group of people, which I assumed was targeting Jin-Woo and the other survivors of the double dungeon. A truly unfortunate circumstance that the right and middle tunnels were connected to each other. Otherwise, Kim and Jungho would never have witnessed Kang killing the inmates, essentially sealing their fate.

I feel bad not only for Kim's family, but equally for Jin-Woo. Even with a sincere apology from Kim, Jin-Woo would probably never have been able to forgive him and yet it is clear from Jin-Woo's reaction that he didn't want his sacrifice in the double dungeon to be in vain, but rather because of this very fact, Kim for his family should live on.
That's why I'm glad we got a glimpse of Kim's true feelings beforehand, as the incident in the double dungeon and how he left Jin-Woo to his fate there obviously affected him deeply. In the end, he was at least able to apologize, even if it wasn't the way he would have liked to do so.

Song's strength might've been boosted by Joo-Hee's enhancement spell, but it can absolutely be said that he gave Kang a run for his money.
Obviously, the ensuing fight between Jin-Woo and Kang represented the main event and was extremely satisfying to watch since we haven't yet been able to draw a comparison between Jin-Woo's strength and that of higher-level hunters. I had to laugh when Jin asked if Kang could tone down his murderous intent, as the "system" responded with a quest, giving him yet another reason to kill.
Overall, this fight was actually pretty even. Both of them used their full arsenal of abilities, although I was amazed that Kang was able to withstand the side effects of Jin's dagger. Kang's face when Jin Full used his Full Recovery item was priceless. Unfortunately, Jin seems to lose more of his emotions with every fight, as they radiate weakness to the system and only a strong Jin-Woo is needed. This fact once again confirms Jin's constant change, which takes place not only externally but also on an internal level.
The final clash between Kang's Stealth and Jin's Murderous Intent ability was on point and couldn't have been presented better.

There is a lot of truth in Kang's words as Jin is walking on a dark path. I love the way Friedrich Nietzsche's "If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you" is quoted as this applies perfectly to Jin. What are his limits and how strong can he actually become? He will only be able to find out and answer these questions if he searches for the abyss of his potential. And this is exactly where he has to be careful not to become what he is fighting against, as losing his emotions could be a start, something Jin himself has also noticed.

That being said, I would expect stealth to become extremely useful in the future as it can be used in various ways. Not only on a pure fighting base.

When Jin made his way to close the dungeon I instantly felt bad for the poor dungeon boss lol.

Even if Song's statement was meant to keep Jin's true power a secret, Jin-Chul seemed to immediately realize that Song would never have been able to defeat Kang even with a healer at his side. It will be interesting to see whether this could still have an impact on Jin and whether Jin-Chul might take any steps in the near future. I loved the inner dialogue of Jin while realizing and acknowledging the immense strength of Jin-Chul as an A-Rank Hunter. Jin, on the other hand, would probably be ranked as B right now.

The title of the next episode suggests that this could probably be a date episode, but maybe I'm wrong.

Nonetheless looking forward to the next episode.
Natsu88Mar 9, 10:38 PM

Mar 9, 9:43 PM
Dec 2022
Sung now can defeat someone in the B-rank. How long will he be able to hide his skills from the rest? Where to next?
Mar 9, 9:46 PM
Apr 2023
There are still some dogs 🐕 out who are criticising the episode 😳 my god a1 really did their best to animate if you still not satisfied go and animate yourself or just stop watching it already you guys make no sense. I'm a manwha reader and I have read solo leveling 3 times already and i enjoyed the episode as much I did in manwha..
Mar 9, 9:57 PM

Jul 2008
Jin Woo isn't going to be able to keep this secret for much longer.
Mar 9, 10:01 PM
Dec 2023
actually was sick with the animation
Mar 9, 10:03 PM

Jan 2021
can jinwoo go aura for aura with renowned deadbeat dad playboi carti?
負けたくない

Mar 9, 10:03 PM
Feb 2024
it was really good
Mar 9, 10:26 PM
Aug 2023
good but I wanted MOR PAWAH!!!
Mar 9, 10:31 PM

Apr 2015
This was a great episode, Some fluid action scenes!
Mar 9, 10:47 PM
Jun 2007
JinWoo is probably B level towards A?
Mar 9, 10:51 PM

Nov 2021
This was the episode I was eagerly waiting for, as this segment was what got me hooked into the manhwa.
We get to see more about the nature of Sung Jin Woo’s character when he says to Kim, "You need to survive no matter what! How else can I keep blaming you?" Also, we got to see a cool action sequence.
The last words of the B-rank assassin hunter to Sung Jin Woo about the shadow and abyss staring back were very intriguing to me, as it kind of poetically tells what's about to come. The way the old swordsmen helped to keep Sung Jin Woo’s secret was cool too.
Mar 10, 12:43 AM
Dec 2021
Solid episode, good fight, nice full circle moments. Glad we will be focusing on the effect its having on Jinwoo personality wise. Overall a good episode, not as hype as some previous episodes but still good
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

259 by ginumura »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

164 by Code0018 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

300 by Lambofgenesis »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

374 by NachmanTheSoos »»
Yesterday, 10:16 AM

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

25 by 1000-MAT »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.